PDA

View Full Version : Cincy Radio Host Fired For Slur On WR Housh

Atlanta Dan
11-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Whe it comes to the Bengals you cannot make up stuff that matches the reality of Team Turmoil:

Housh your mouth: Radio host fired after spat with WR

Longtime Cincinnati sports radio commentator Andy Furman was fired Wednesday, nearly a month after calling Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh a "racist" during station WLW's weeknight sports talk show, according to a report Wednesday in the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Furman made the comments on Oct. 6, one day after Houshmandzadeh failed to make a scheduled, paid appearance on the show.

Clear Channel, the company that owns WLW, made the decision to dismiss Furman, according to his attorney.

During the show on Oct. 6, Furman accused Houshmandzadeh of calling him a "punk-a-- white boy," according to the newspaper.

Houshmandzadeh denied making that remark.

"I told him, 'Andy Furman, you can f--- yourself.' That's the bottom line. And he twisted it into all whatever he wants to," Houshmandzadeh said. "What he did was wrong ... This time he took it too far."

Furman, along with other WLW personalities, has a history of making controversial and inflammatory comments on the air. The station has led the Cincinnati-area ratings for more than six years, according to the paper.

stlrtruck
11-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Why is it, I feel the DJ is telling more of the truth than TJ "Whosmydaddy"?

memphissteelergirl
11-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Pfft...sounds like they make the perfect couple to me...:shake01:

Hines86Ward
11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
"I told him, 'Andy Furman, you can f--- yourself.' That's the bottom line. And he twisted it into all whatever he wants to," Houshmandzadeh said. "What he did was wrong ... This time he took it too far."

I like how TJ claims that the announcer took it too far after he was the one that failed to appear & said the quote above.....

floodcitygirl
11-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Andy Furman can definately take things a long way but I'd bet money that he's telling the truth.