PDA

View Full Version : Bengals vs Ravens who should we root for

Carolina Steelers
11-02-2006, 11:49 AM
I know the Ravens are in first 3 gms up on us but we still play them twice. and the Bengals are 2 gms up and they beat us once. I'm rooting for the Bengals and if we win A big IF that will put us 2 gms back of both with 8 gms left.

memphissteelergirl
11-02-2006, 11:54 AM
I say the Steelers should not be concerned about what everyone else in the divsion is doing right now. They need to TCB against Denver. One game at a time....

TCB=Take Care of Business :wink02:

Stillers#1
11-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I hope they all simultaneously break their legs, in a innocent freak accident, of course.

stlrtruck
11-02-2006, 12:07 PM
I say the Steelers should not be concerned about what everyone else in the divsion is doing right now. They need to TCB against Denver. One game at a time....

I agree, the Steelers need to have the same mentality they had last year after the 3 game skid - ONE GAME AT A TIME! Take care of your own business and other business will take care of itself!!!

And on that note:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!! :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Root for whichever team you dislike less - as far as any impact on the Steelers prospects, start worrying about that if the Steelers win about 6 straight.

That is not going to happen, but if it did you should root for the Ravens. A Cincy loss would bring the Steelers to within 1 game of Cincy if the Steelers beat Denver. Then you want the Bengals to beat the Ravens in Cincy. If the Steelers go 9-0 (anyone who believes that really needs to cut down on their drinking) that scenario will mean the Steelers can do no worse than tie Cincy and/or the Ravens (by that point having beaten the Ravens twice and the Bengals on Dec 31) and will win tiebreakers by having teh best record (5-1) in the division.

This of course is not going to happen - any playoff prospects are toast. Just watch the games as a fan and enjoy any glimpses of competence in a ruined season.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
I know the Ravens are in first 3 gms up on us but we still play them twice. and the Bengals are 2 gms up and they beat us once. I'm rooting for the Bengals and if we win A big IF that will put us 2 gms back of both with 8 gms left.

I'm rooting for the Justive dept. to swarm the field and serve warrants on enough players to cancel the game.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm rooting for the Justive dept. to swarm the field and serve warrants on enough players to cancel the game.Could it be possible that both teams would have to forfeit?

RoethlisBURGHer
11-02-2006, 01:29 PM
We need to take care of our own business.

When you put your fate in the hands of others,it always ends up with you being the one getting screwed in the end.

I am personally rooting for a scoreless tie and for both teams to beat each other up so bad that key starters miss the rest of the season with nagging hamstring injuries,

floodcitygirl
11-02-2006, 01:48 PM
I think that if I were to try to root for the Bengals, my brain would go on overload from that freakish of foreign stimuli and then I would spontaneously combust. Not a good plan....way too messy! :horror: :tt02:

HometownGal
11-02-2006, 02:06 PM

I totally agree with you, memphis. :thumbsup: The Steelers need to focus on and prepare for Sunday's game only, not look back or ahead. They made their run last season on the "one game at a time" mindset and it produced their 5th Lombardi. Here's hoping the team adopts the same mindset.....beginning on Sunday. :tt02:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-02-2006, 02:11 PM

The PARAMEDICS...:injured:

Infamix
11-02-2006, 02:14 PM
It's a tough one, but it's gotta be the Bungles

steelcurtain09
11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
i cant choose

i want the bungles to win because i live in psuedoratland and it piss off quite afew people

onn the other hand i want the ravens to so we will pull witin 1 game of the bungholes

:sign02: :splat: :splat: :sign09: :willy: :willy: :funny: :funny:

(best ones i could find of my head explodin)

Elvis
11-02-2006, 03:58 PM
:tt02: I am Not saying that I am pullin for either one of these bonehead teams:jawdrop: cuz I cant stand neither one of them. I cant stand Ray Lewis in Balteeeeemore .. :cheer: and I love to watch some cheap shot Chad Johnson every chance I get..:flap: but I guess it would help us more if we could win and the Ravens lose...:chicken: :banging: :toofunny: :sofunny: :blah: :tt02: :tt02:

PirateSteeler
11-02-2006, 04:07 PM
I gotta pull for Ocho Cinco this week... tighten up this division race. some may think it doesnt matter either way right now. but the facts are it does.

stillers4me
11-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I think that if I were to try to root for the Bengals, my brain would go on overload from that freakish of foreign stimuli and then I would spontaneously combust. Not a good plan....way too messy! :horror: :tt02:

I'm with ya, Flood!! Asking me to root for the Bungs is just too much to ask........I may never recover.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-02-2006, 04:27 PM
I hate both teams equally, but as Atlanta Dan said those of us that are clinging to a playoff run had better be pulling for the Rat birds.

83-Steelers-43
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
This is tough. It's like asking who was the better humanitarian, Hitler or Stalin.

The Ravens: Billick. Ray Lewis. Jamal Lewis.

The Bengals: Chad Johnson. Marvin Lewis. TJ "The Shoe Bomber" Houshmandzadeh. Complete joke for a fanbase.

If I absolutely had to choose, I would rather see the Ravens make the playoffs and then lose. For the most part though, I really don't care. One team still has to grab four more rings to tie and the other still has five more.

SteelCityMan786
11-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Let's worry about our own business first.

paw-n-maul-u
11-02-2006, 07:19 PM
there shouldnt even be a "who should we root for" ... if the steelers want any chance at the playoffs, they have to win out the division and the ravens have to beat the bengals atleast once ... (hopefully only that much) ... yes we need to even the race out ... but if the bengals dont lose atleast one against the ravens, the best we can hope for is a tie at 11-5 or 10-6 ... and if it comes down to that, conference record will favor the bengals ... we have to have the better division record and thats that

holmes
11-02-2006, 08:39 PM
I hate them both, hopefully they beat the crap out of each other, so it carries over the next couple weeks. Plus there are plenty of Lewis' to dislike on both teams also; Ray, Marvin, and Jamal. There are probably more also. We will beat Denver, in a game that will put us right back where we should be.

ytsan2q
11-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Since the Ravens are up 3 games we should hope that the Bengals win. Yeah, we need to handle our own business but we are going to need a lot of help this year if there is any chance of salvaging this season.

memphissteelergirl
11-03-2006, 08:44 AM
This is tough. It's like asking who was the better humanitarian, Hitler or Stalin.

HA!! :toofunny: