PDA

View Full Version : D.B. On Cowher Leaving - Who The He** Knows?

Atlanta Dan
11-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Ed.B. of the P-G got another "will Cowher leave" question today and says he has no clue (which he may be saying so Cowher does not quit talking to him)

Question: With the way this season is turning out do you think Bill Cowher has more motivation to come back and coach next season? Wouldn't he hate leaving on this note?

BOUCHETTE: I don't know what Bill Cowher will do after this season, no matter how it turns out. It does not make sense to have your wife and youngest daughter at your new home in Raleigh, while you try to coach an NFL team in Pittsburgh and make the occasional visit. That does not necessarily mean he will "retire" after this season, even if many signs point in that direction. From some people I talked to, Cowher once thought of retiring after the 2005 season. But then his football team went out and won the Super Bowl and he decided to return to go after a second straight. If that's the case, perhaps leaving after a season in which they fail to make the playoffs would be an easier decision. I believe that what happens this season will have no bearing on Cowher's decision, whatever that might be.

I agree with Boouchette the part of this that makes no sense is the wife and daughter in Raleigh while Cowher stays in Pittsburgh. Maybe the deal was they were going to Raleigh after 2005 and when Cowher said "we are staying for another year in Pittsburgh" his wife replied "what do you mean we?"

stlrtruck
11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
He meant him and the mouse in his pocket!

Elvis
11-02-2006, 04:02 PM
:coffee: I hate to see Bill go, but I understand why he would want to be here in NC with his family as well... It just seems like I am not seeing the old Cowher with that Chin out there and spit a flyin' around like it used to be and if he doesnt have it in his heart to be in Pittsburgh why would we want him where he doesnt want to really in heart be? Just let him make the decision and get it over with though in my opinion...:helmet: :helmet: :wave:

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-02-2006, 04:31 PM
So long Bill! Thanks for the memories!

MJ5150
11-02-2006, 08:26 PM
OUCH! I did not know about his family living in NC. I am completely rethinking my belief that Cowher will stay in Pittsburgh past this season.

I was already sad about the Raider game, now I feel like someone just landed a kick to my gut as I lay here on the ground. :crying02:

-Mike