PDA

View Full Version : So, the Steelers should just bench Ben?

Elvis
11-02-2006, 04:25 PM
:tt02: I for one ... am tired of hearing all this Bullcrap... Ben is our future and he is Not the only reason we are losing!!! He is our future and he is still young and learning.. if we give up on him now and bench him and he loses all his confidence and he ends up like Ryan Leaf, then it is too late. We won the Super Bowl last year people!! The guy has been through so much this offseason that it is crazy to think that he has a chance behind our O line the way they are playin' at times. I want to know what happened to the fire that they had last year or is evryone just figuring out what Russ Grimm is having them do all of a sudden? Ben is Not the Only Reason That We Are Losing is What I am Trying to say... Just dont give up on BIG BEN just yet.. he isnt finished.!!:helmet: :jawdrop:

SuckItUp
11-02-2006, 05:43 PM
ahh...yeah, I say bench Ben. Wait till he's fully recovered before you subject him to more fast paced, head smashing football. Common sence babe! Welcome to reality...:coffee:

polamalufan43
11-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Uhh, yeah... read my signature and you'll have my answer to this. We drafted Ben for a reason, and although that reason is sometimes hidden, it's there. Ben can do what some others can't. He lead us to the Superbowl, and while some may think saying this is holding onto the past, I don't really give a crap. I get annoyed when people say Ben is yesterday's news. To tell you the truth, Ben and Batch are both great QB who can take punches and come in and deliver when needed. :cheers:

Well, that's rant number one of the day,
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SuckItUp
11-02-2006, 08:43 PM
O.k., calm down Great Emotions, no one is saying Ben will never play again. All we're saying is sit him UNTIL he is healthy! No brainer.

Once you've stepped aside from the Prozac and put down the tissues, even you all feeling, no logic types will have to realize that you're only hurting him by keeping him in there while he's trying to recover from a freakin concussion! :shake02:

polamalufan43
11-02-2006, 08:49 PM
I know that, I'm not saying that he shouldn't have time to recover, I'm just saying that I've been hearing alot of "Let Ben Leave" talk around the town, if you know what I mean. I'm sure he needs time to recover, but I don't think he's yesterday's news.

Does that make sense,
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SuckItUp
11-02-2006, 08:53 PM
See now wasn't that easier? You didn't even need any machine guns to express yourself that time, and I actually agreed with your reasoning!

Just think, for everytime you demonstrate self control and keep your blood preasure down, you get to be a Steelers fan a little longer! :cheer:

polamalufan43
11-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Ha ha, very funny. Yeah, just a momentary lapse in judgement,
So what does everyone else think?

~Polamalufan43

Infamix
11-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Either you start him or you dont. Don't bench him midway through a game, that will just tear his confidence apart for the future.

ytsan2q
11-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Ben went through a lot during the course of the off season and right before the season started. Most athletes spend the majority of the off season training and getting ready for the next year. When you win the Super Bowl you not only play a longer season but you're always making appearances and missing prep time. That being said, a serious motorcycle accident before the start of the season is an occurance that would set any athlete back. When you think of of all the weight he lost while his mouth was wired shut, you know he lost a lot of strength with it. I think that is why a lot of his deep passes have been underthrown this year. When I thought about the gravity of his accident, I just knew it would take him at least 5 or 6 games into the season before they would play him. When they said he would be ready for the 1st game of the season, I was shocked. Of course the appendectamy kept him out of that game.
At this point it depends on what the team is trying to do. If they are trying to make some amazing run for the playoffs, I think they should give Batch a shot. If they are saying the season is over, they should allow Ben to try to find himself on the field.

SuckItUp
11-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Exactly. :iagree:

steelcity58
11-03-2006, 11:15 PM
People are nuts....

Ben...needs rest...not benching...

Nothing against Charlie...

Batch is a QB who won't lose a game for you...but won't win one if he has to either.