PDA

View Full Version : Need Emergency Advise!!

SuckItUp
11-03-2006, 11:31 AM
My Team:

QB Peyton Manning, IND
QB Chad Pennington, NYJ

RB Ronnie Brown, MIA
RB Willie Parker, PIT
RB Wali Lundy(r), HOU
RB Shaun Alexander, SEA
RB Mike Bell(r), DEN

WR Steve Smith, CAR
WR Torry Holt, STL
WR Bernard Berrian, CHI
WR Eddie Kennison, KC
WR Keyshawn Johnson, CAR

TE Kellen Winslow, CLE

PK Nate Kaeding, SD

TM 49ers, Team Defense, SF

Please advise, who should I start this week? Manning makes me nervous against the Pats, Brown against the Bears and Parker vs. the Broncos. What would you do and why?

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-03-2006, 12:14 PM
My Team:

QB Peyton Manning, IND
QB Chad Pennington, NYJ

RB Ronnie Brown, MIA
RB Willie Parker, PIT
RB Wali Lundy(r), HOU
RB Shaun Alexander, SEA
RB Mike Bell(r), DEN

WR Steve Smith, CAR
WR Torry Holt, STL
WR Bernard Berrian, CHI
WR Eddie Kennison, KC
WR Keyshawn Johnson, CAR

TE Kellen Winslow, CLE

PK Nate Kaeding, SD

TM 49ers, Team Defense, SF

Please advise, who should I start this week? Manning makes me nervous against the Pats, Brown against the Bears and Parker vs. the Broncos. What would you do and why?

You have to go Manning...Jets are off this week....I would go Berrian and Holt for recievers..(Carolina also on bye week), and use Kennison if your league has three WR...Rb is a crap shoot...Parker is going against Denvers run defense...so flip a coin on him... Brown is up against the Bears , and Lundy has had two strong games back to back so I would take him over Brown at this time. I wouldnt be surprised if Mike Bell doesnt get more carries then Tatum Bell this week since Tatum is sufferring from turf toe ..My recomendation is Parker and Lundy...Your good on TE and K...but I would look for a different Defense...believe it or not..Oakland will get you points this year with Seattle, and Oakland is probably available in your league....Heck..I just picked up Jacksonville in one of my leagues..so just keep your eyes open

SuckItUp
11-03-2006, 12:50 PM
All good points Lambert. The thing about the defense is that in our league the team that gets scored on the most does the best...I know that's odd, but our special teams are wrapped up with defense, so everytime your D gets scored on, special teams has a chance to run the ball back and amass points.

You'd still recomend starting Manning even though the Pats always seem to have his number???

Livinginthe past
11-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Well I think the Manning question all depends on how the fantasy points are balanced.

I think Manning will throw for plenty of yardage, becasue I dont think the Colts can run on the Patriots, possibly somewhere between 270-320 yards.

I think he may well throw for multiple TD's - again he sees alot of redzone action instead of the RB's (which has always been the case) - but i'd expect him to be picked off once maybe twice if they get two scores behind.

I think Parkers value may well be in his receiving yards rather than his rushing numbers.

I'd agree with LLT that Mike Bell seems to be flavor of the month in Denver.

NM

SuckItUp
11-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Well...I got screwed.

My wife beat me this week. So basically the standings haven't changed at all, but she snapped my win streak.

Thanks for the advise guys, but there was no salvaging this week. :frown:

Mistah_Q
05-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Don't want to steal your thread but I thought instead of making a new one, I could just use this one as an advice thread maybe?

Ok. So i'm in a dynasty league, 12 teams.

You start 2 RBs and there is a flex roster spot (rb/wr) which is ideally used for a third RB. We're under way on our rookie draft and nevermind the rest of my team, here is my RB stable:

RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Ahman Green
RB Brandon Jacobs
RB Julius Jones
RB Willis McGahee

Basically I want to try and trade two of these guys for one stud RB. Marshawn is off limits for this.

I'm thinking I should try to trade Ahman Green and Julius Jones together. Anyone think I ought to try trading a different combination instead? Or should I not even bother?

My other option is to just roll with these guys, but I have one too many RBs so I would try trading one for a WR. Should I be able to get a decent WR out of Ahman Green? Or would you keep Green and trade McGahee or Jones instead?

Hines86Ward
05-14-2007, 10:33 PM
You probably wont get much for Green or Jones right now, but you could get a decent WR for McGahee....

Mistah_Q
05-14-2007, 10:47 PM
You probably wont get much for Green or Jones right now, but you could get a decent WR for McGahee....Hmm. Yeah but I'd rather keep McGahee. . guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

This is what my WRs look like by the way:

WR Roscoe Parrish
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Javon Walker
WR Nate Washington

Not so great but that's because I traded two good WRs for a good QB and Roscoe Parrish

Braylon Edwards and Javon Walker will spend most of the season as my two starters but I imagine you can see why I might want to trade for another WR.

I'm hoping I can get Dwayne Jarrett or Dwayne Bowe in round two of our rookie draft (right now we're closing out on round one, Calvin Johnson and Robert Meachem are both taken already)

Hines86Ward
05-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah, picking up a WR would be a good idea. You probably wont get much from Parrish, Edwards, or Washington this year. Javon Walker should have a solid year though, I think Cutler will be big this year. I think between Dwayne Jarrett & Dwayne Bowe, Jarrett is the better option.....another rookie WR to look at is Anthony Gonzalez

ShutDown24
05-15-2007, 09:27 AM
I would try to trade Green (Have you seen Houston’s line lately? :P) He is still a good back and depending on the members of your league, you may be able to pull a fast one. It's kind of hard to say who you should go after without detailed rosters of your opponents but someone you may be able to get easy who should have a lot of carries this year is Maurice Jones-Drew from Jacksonville. A lot of people think he had beginners luck last year and maybe the guy who has him is one under that belief. If you want WR help fast, try picking up Jerry Porter (OAK). Not a lot of people have him on their rosters because he didn't play last year. I think with Moss gone he'll be the guy in Oakland... Just an idea though... good luck

SteelersFever
05-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Thread closed. This was almost one year old. Please start your own thread. Thanks for understanding!