PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleaders!

IamTheSteelGod
11-04-2006, 06:00 AM
Why don't the Steelers have any cheerleaders and do you think they are important?

Livinginthe past
11-04-2006, 06:04 AM
The Steelers dont need any cheerleaders because :

1. The Pittsburgh crowd are the best in the NFL and dont need telling when to cheer.

2. The Pittsburgh women are so hot that they dont need to pay women who are professionally good looking to stand on the sidelines.

3. Any teams that has cheerleaders is gay.

That ought to cover most of the responses you get to this one. :wink02:

NM

steelcurtain09
11-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Here is a response you might not have thought of.

People go to the game to watch a football game. They do not go to watch hot woman cheer for their team. If the Steelers had cheerleaders then that would produce some fans who are not fans of football but of the cheerleaders. And we all know we do not want any more people who do not care for the Steelers to go to the game and take up seats and eventually raise ticket prices for the games because the demand for tickets is highher but the amount of product remains the same.

Wow. Even I did not even think I was going to write that much.

stillers4me
11-04-2006, 08:09 AM

1. The Pittsburgh crowd are the best in the NFL and dont need telling when to cheer.

2. The Pittsburgh women are so hot that they dont need to pay women who are professionally good looking to stand on the sidelines.

NM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/cheer.gif...........http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/yeahthat.gif..........http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/cheer.gif

wiqidjuggalo
11-04-2006, 09:27 AM

NM

I agree 100%:cheers:

PisnNapalm
11-04-2006, 09:39 AM

NM

:stupid:

Hmmm.... Is LITP a Steeler fan in disguise or has he hung out on the Steeler forums fo so long that he knows our every thought? Either way.... I totally agree. :tt02: :tt02:

83-Steelers-43
11-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Are they important? What exactly do they do for the team? They jump up and down and scream. Useless for the most part.

Personally, I really don't care if we have them or not. I'm not opposed to the idea nor am I writing letters to the Rooney family every week asking for cheerleaders. When I'm at the game I wouldn't really pay attention to them. I'm either watching the play or looking at the jumbotron for scores.

floodcitygirl
11-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Here is a response you might not have thought of.

People go to the game to watch a football game. They do not go to watch hot woman cheer for their team. If the Steelers had cheerleaders then that would produce some fans who are not fans of football but of the cheerleaders. And we all know we do not want any more people who do not care for the Steelers to go to the game and take up seats and eventually raise ticket prices for the games because the demand for tickets is highher but the amount of product remains the same.

Wow. Even I did not even think I was going to write that much.I know that for years, what filled most of the seats in Cincy were the BenGals.....with the exception of when the Steelers were in town, of course. :tt02:

Mosca
11-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Shrug; don't need 'em. All the seats are already sold from now until forever. It would be another expense against the bottom line that could go elsewhere.

Tom

jaysta
11-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Shrug; don't need 'em. All the seats are already sold from now until forever. It would be another expense against the bottom line that could go elsewhere.

Tom

I hate to disagree, but I've never been a band wagoner anyhow. LOL Actually they don't usually get paid, if ever. The cost is very inexpensive because they only go to home games so the travel expenses aren't there either. All of the pro stadiums I've been to with cheerleaders actually seems to have more of a "home field advantage" feel to it, but hey, the Steelers have never had em' so why start now? Although...would it really hurt to have them? :smile:

stillers4me
11-04-2006, 10:33 AM
I hate to disagree, but I've never been a band wagoner anyhow. LOL Actually they don't usually get paid, if ever. The cost is very inexpensive because they only go to home games so the travel expenses aren't there either. All of the pro stadiums I've been to with cheerleaders actually seems to have more of a "home field advantage" feel to it, but hey, the Steelers have never had em' so why start now? Although...would it really hurt to have them? :smile:

Pittsburgh is a very tradition based franchise.........we don't have cheerleaders. And we don't need no stinkin' cheerleaders any more than Hines Ward needs an ACL.

steelcurtain09
11-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Pittsburgh is a very tradition based franchise.........we don't have cheerleaders. And we don't need no stinkin' cheerleaders any more than Hines Ward needs an ACL.

dont u mean an ACL tear

cuz im pretty sure Hines needs tht muscle

stillers4me
11-04-2006, 10:58 AM
dont u mean an ACL tear

cuz im pretty sure Hines needs tht muscle

He doesn't have one in his right knee. He was in a car accident as a child and it was removed. Obviously, he doesn't need it.

FLSteeler
11-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers had cheerleaders from the early 60's to 1969. They wore
skirts to their ankles and had metal hard hats. Just imagine that!

I had the same question years ago and investigated the info.
The rooneys are old school, they are not fond of the cheerleaders either.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelcurtain09
11-04-2006, 11:30 AM
He doesn't have one in his right knee. He was in a car accident as a child and it was removed. Obviously, he doesn't need it.
wow i dint know tht
if u hadnt told me u could have used it in the trivia

Livinginthe past
11-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers had cheerleaders from the early 60's to 1969. They wore
skirts to their ankles and had metal hard hats. Just imagine that!

I had the same question years ago and investigated the info.
The rooneys are old school, they are not fond of the cheerleaders either.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading that they had to serve a 2 month 'apprenticeship' in the Steel making industry before being given the hallowed Steeler Cheerleader Helmet.

'Function not aestheticism' was the famous Steeler-ettes motto.

NM

PAMillerGrrl83
11-04-2006, 01:15 PM
They dont need cheerleaders, the guys on the team cheer enough to make up for cheerleaders.

skidboot
11-04-2006, 01:19 PM
http://www.steelerettes.com/1968.htm

Hope this helps.

LarryNJ
11-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Don't need them!

Although when i took my son to the Steelers/Eagle pre season game this year and we were in the first row my eyes and camera certianly enjoyed the Eagles cheerleaders. But hey it was pre season. So maybe I'll vote yes for pre season and no for regular season & playoffs! :)

SteelCityMan786
11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Don't need them!

Although when i took my son to the Steelers/Eagle pre season game this year and we were in the first row my eyes and camera certianly enjoyed the Eagles cheerleaders. But hey it was pre season. So maybe I'll vote yes for pre season and no for regular season & playoffs! :)

Pre-Season is ok because everyone is trying to get back into season form just like their teams. Otherwise NO. We have over 66,000+. Those are the ones who pack Heinz Field and Steelers Bars and Watch the games.

Stlrs4Life
11-04-2006, 04:39 PM
This has been brought up every year, maybe this theread should be a sticky. We don't need no cheer leaders. HS, College, is OK.

holmes
11-04-2006, 08:44 PM
We have the best cheerleaders as fans in the stands and players on the sideline. But what would it hurt? Absolutely nothing! When we are in the stands they would only make us more excited and crazy, and everyone knows it. Even if every other team in the nfl had them, we still wouldn't b/c the rooneys are way too cheap. Not to be rude, but just my opinion.

SteelCityMan786
11-04-2006, 08:50 PM
We have the best cheerleaders as fans in the stands and players on the sideline. But what would it hurt? Absolutely nothing! When we are in the stands they would only make us more excited and crazy, and everyone knows it. Even if every other team in the nfl had them, we still wouldn't b/c the rooneys are way too cheap. Not to be rude, but just my opinion.

No, it's because Rooney knows he has the best fans he doesn't need em.

polamalufan43
11-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, I know we had cheerleaders in the past. But seriously, who actually pays attention to them? Most of us are too busy screaming our lungs out at the other team/refs and cheering for the Steelers. Well, that's my take on it. They had something on the news a while ago on this... I think this is it...

http://kdka.com/video

then, go to search and type in Steelers Cheerleaders. One video will come up called "Steelerettes: The Original NFL Cheerleaders"

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

PirateSteeler
11-04-2006, 10:07 PM
http://www.steelerettes.com/1969.jpg

Now that is some fine pieces of ass! haha

But seriously, having been to other NFL games where there are cheerleaders. We dont NEED them... but why not have them. They arent for during the game. They are entertainment during timeouts, between quarters, halftime, before and after games and during ref reviews. We should get some fine Pittsburgh babes to but on some skimpy skirts and dance for us... WHY NOT?

stillers4me
11-04-2006, 11:06 PM
My.........how uniforms have changed..................

Livinginthe past
11-04-2006, 11:30 PM

Sorry.

I've defended the Patriots many-a-time against charges of being 'cheap' - it just isnt true.

I cant imagine anyone who is willing to pay the necessary money to own a football franchise being too cheap to hire cheerleaders - they would cost such a relatively small amount of money it wouldnt even be a factor.

NO. The Rooneys have made a conscious decision to not have cheerleaders that relates directly to the Steelers brand.

NM

klick81
05-01-2007, 11:55 AM
So i know this is an old thread, but I came across an even older video of the 1964 Steelerettes. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JYWGrGysnw

memphissteelergirl
05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
No, it's because Rooney knows he has the best fans he doesn't need em.

'Nuff said!! :tt02: :tt02:

SteelerFanInCA
05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
So i know this is an old thread, but I came across an even older video of the 1964 Steelerettes. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JYWGrGysnw

Man, their dance moves crack me up. None of the rump shaking stuff we see nowadays.
I can't stop laughing at how simple and humble they look.

Edman
05-01-2007, 02:08 PM
I already told you guys! We already have cheerleaders! Show some respect for the lovely black and gold loving Female Steeler fans!

ChronoCross
05-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Why don't the Steelers have any cheerleaders and do you think they are important?

Learn your steelers history.... we were the first team to have cheerleaders in the NFL.. rest you can look up on wiki..

RoethlisBURGHer
05-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Don't want them and I don't need them.If I want to see a fine peice of ass shaking around,I'll go to the strip club.

They play absolutley no part in the experience of a football game.For the price of the tickets,I don't need some hoochie telling me when to and not to yell for my team.

And who the hell needs cheerleaders when you have a Terrible Towel to wave?

OneForTheToe
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Man, their dance moves crack me up. None of the rump shaking stuff we see nowadays.
I can't stop laughing at how simple and humble they look.

Yes, but all things being relative, you know there were ladies in the stands in 1964 mortified by what they saw as outragous dance moves and flashes of skin two inches above the knee. :tt02:

HometownGal
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I already told you guys! We already have cheerleaders! Show some respect for the lovely black and gold loving Female Steeler fans!

Your darned tootin' skippy! :cheers:

Cheerleaders schmeerleaders. I'll take 64,500+ screaming black and gold faithful over floppin' and shakin' T & A any day of the week. :tt02: :tt02:

yinzer-inseattle
05-01-2007, 03:29 PM
For the teams that have them, I think they provide a pretty face for the organization off the field. Alot of them take on some of the community work that the players do (visting sick kids, fund raising etc.). The Rooneys just don't see this as a necessary element for the game or the organization.

As far as game time spirit goes, as long as they server Iron City at the games there's all the atmosphere you need.

memphissteelergirl
05-01-2007, 03:34 PM

Awww...ain't you sweet? :hug:

Preacher
05-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I watched that video...

I couldn't beleive my eyes... I LOVED what I saw...

We NEED to go back to that!!!

As of right now.... I want the "H" shaped goal posts in the FRONT OF THE ENDZONE!!!!

It was REAL MEN who played that type of game...

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2007, 05:08 PM
:pde: but cheerleaders have boobies.. I :heart: BOOBIES!!! :cheer: :mg: :lust:

OneForTheToe
05-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Well "Big Snack" Casey Hampton probably does too. :banana:

And wow, those man boobs really block up the center of the D'line like no other :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
05-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Don't want them and I don't need them.If I want to see a fine peice of ass shaking around,I'll go to the strip club.

They play absolutley no part in the experience of a football game.For the price of the tickets,I don't need some hoochie telling me when to and not to yell for my team.

What he said! :sofunny:

Preacher
05-02-2007, 12:58 AM
What he said! :sofunny:

YOU AINT OLD ENOUGH SON!!!!!

fansince'76
05-02-2007, 01:03 AM

Agreed - and even when their team is down 30 points in the 4th, they're still jumping up and down on the sideline. Pointless.

HometownGal
05-02-2007, 07:44 AM

Your av seems to like boobies as well. :flap: :wink02:

Here ya go MOP - a collection of the biggest boobies ever seen.......

http://assets.bengals.com/assets/team/teamphoto06_500w.jpg

stlrtruck
05-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Your av seems to like boobies as well. :flap: :wink02:

Here ya go MOP - a collection of the biggest boobies ever seen.......

http://assets.bengals.com/assets/team/teamphoto06_500w.jpg

Points to you HTG - great one!!!

memphissteelergirl
05-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Agreed - and even when their team is down 30 points in the 4th, they're still jumping up and down on the sideline. Pointless.

Exactly! You have hit the point I have been making all along. The term "cheerleader" is a misnomer..they are there for the eye candy effect....no more. They have nothing to do with getting a crowd into the game.