PDA

View Full Version : Troy Edwards Says Nice Things About Steelers

redst3
07-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Troy Edwards seems to have matured somewhat in Jacksonville. He has some pretty gracious things to say about the Steelersin this article (http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050722/SPORTS/507220335/1006) . Good for him. Frankly, I thought he had a pretty good rookie year. After that, he went downhill, and he ran his mouth too much when he was with the Steelers. I have to be honest though, if Jacksonville relies on this guy as their primary receiver, it is going to be a long year down there for their offense.

bigbensgirl7
07-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Wow...very suprising. I always thought he just completely hated us, and for him to step up and take the heat for what happened when he was wearing black and gold really shows that he has matured greatly since being in Pittsburgh.

BB2W
07-22-2005, 04:48 PM
That is suprising.....I thought he would be great coming out of college. One game against Nebraska who had the best defense in the nation......Edwards had something like 22 catches 400 yards and 4 td's.

He did play well against us in Jacksonville last season....

clevestinks
07-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Bad, Bad pick for us. Didn`t think he should have been drafted in the first round. Nice to see he has matured. He did singlehandley almost kick our tails last season.

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 07:20 PM
I can't believe you guys drafted that guy so high, he was an overachiever in college with very limited talent and you guys shouldn't have taken him.

figg
07-22-2005, 07:37 PM
I can't believe you guys drafted that guy so high, he was an overachiever in college with very limited talent and you guys shouldn't have taken him.

sounds like P Dubb :rolleyes:

clevestinks
07-22-2005, 08:39 PM

I agree, thats what I said the thread before. He reminds me of your own Peter Warrick. They can play in this league, but not to high 1st round standards

Stlrs4Life
07-22-2005, 10:24 PM
The guy plain stinks, I don't miss him 1 bit. He wouldn't even be a 5th receiver on our team right now.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Bad, Bad pick for us. Didn`t think he should have been drafted in the first round. Nice to see he has matured. He did singlehandley almost kick our tails last season.

I agree totally.. we just HAD to have a WR that year, and he was the 3rd best rated overall...but no way, we should NOT have drafted him. Not in the first round at that point in the draft.

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 11:35 PM
I agree, thats what I said the thread before. He reminds me of your own Peter Warrick. They can play in this league, but not to high 1st round standards

I agree, I didn't like the P Dub pick when we first took him, he was so small and slow for a guy that small, he only ran a 4.5 40, and everyone was comparing him to Jerry Rice on route running, another bad pick on our part.

Prosdo
07-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Nice to see he was very mature about it. I agree Blitz it was the wrong move to pick him in the first. He just didn't work here.

slashsteel
07-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Well we were desperate for WR's back when we drafted Troy. It's a shame because we could have had the "freak" in Kearse.......

ironcitychef
07-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Its amazing when they say you can't reach in the draft and take a player out of need. They are right more times than not. I think thats why so many rookie qb's fail. Most in recent history have been about 2nd round level, but because its an important position and high team need always, they go crazy in the first thirty-two picks.

SteelerFanInATL
07-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Anyone who makes the comment that "he is not a practice player" and then can not back it on sunday is definately not S T E E L E R material. That was a waisted #1 pick and the Steelers realized this when they went after Plax. It irritated me to see Edwards play against his former team and listen to the announcers give him praise after making a couple catches. In a couple years if not sooner he will be out of the league.

Southernsteeler
07-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Yeah the Draft Choice cost Tom Donahoe his job.. you don't draft a project WR in the first round when you have a Jevon Kerse out there...But everyone has their good and bad draft picks....Edwards is a decent WR but he killed us in that Playoff game on the Kickoff