PDA

View Full Version : Marino almost a Steeler???

BB2W
07-22-2005, 06:10 PM
I heard about this on ESPN radio today.....

Marino said he had the chance to continue playing for his hometown team in Pittsburgh after being released by the Dolphins in February 2000 but turned it down.

"[Steelers coach Bill] Cowher called me about playing, but I had to make a decision in a couple of days because he already had a guy he was going to sign," said Marino, who also was courted by Minnesota. "I can't even remember the circumstances. That would have been nice, too. I just kept thinking back at the time how my body felt the year before. For me, there was something special about playing 17 years at one place, and I think that is never going to change. Although I was pretty close to doing it, it just didn't feel right."

I don't remember hearing about this. I think the "guy he was going to sign" was Kent Graham. Hmmm.....Marino or Graham. :huh:

clevestinks
07-22-2005, 06:22 PM
What if????? LOL
What if we had Marino, instead of Kordell against the Pats?? LOL
Oh Well!!

SteelersWyo
07-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Would it have mattered? He was crippled at that point in his career.

LambertIsGod58
07-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Marino's favorite player growin' up?

Yep........Jack Lambert

clevestinks
07-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Would it have mattered? He was crippled at that point in his career.

True, but come on Marino crippled or Kordell?

SteelerFanInATL
07-25-2005, 06:14 PM
I remember we were talking with him. I would have loved to see him finish out in Pgh. If he played or not the fans would have loved it. Just imagin if he gets in the game,
makes a big play, or throws a touchdown pass, the crowd would have went crazy. Think about how he would have felt, playing for the team he grew up watching and cheering for.
Only a Pittsburgher could understand how I feel about this. That would have been GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!