PDA

View Full Version : So looking at cornerbacks

Jeremy
11-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Is there anyone better in America than Aaron Ross of Texas? He made a pick last night that made me get out of my chair, and I'm a Texas fan who's used to watching him play!

He has the potential to be a true shutdown corner. I guess the only question is if we'll be high enough in the draft to get him.

Preacher
11-06-2006, 10:41 PM
He has the potential to be a true shutdown corner. I guess the only question is if we'll be high enough in the draft to get him.

Sadly.... that question is being answered.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Is there anyone better in America than Aaron Ross of Texas? He made a pick last night that made me get out of my chair, and I'm a Texas fan who's used to watching him play!

I like Marcus McCauley out of Fresno 6'1...4.3 40...also Leon Hall out of Michigan looks good

Elvis
12-24-2006, 07:25 AM
:tt02: I like what I saw of him last year in the National Tittle Game but he is not anywhere in Mel Kiper Jr.s top 25... I think that maybe these 2 guys mabe ahead of him though..
DB Leon Hall Michigan
DB LaRon Landry L.S.U.
DB Marcus McCauley Fresno St. which as 6'1" size to go along with 4.33 speed..
:wave:

Preacher
12-27-2006, 12:09 AM
But here is the other question.

Do we really want to draft a CB... knowing that it will take AT LEAST 1 and more like 2 to three years for the CB to REALLy be ready to play against elite players?

Or do we trade a first round pick to pick up a CB... and is there anyone we would want to pick up?

SuckItUp
01-03-2007, 12:47 AM
I would let Champ Baley play on my team for a first round draft pick, but he's worth more than that.

Stillers#1
01-04-2007, 10:31 AM
But here is the other question.

Do we really want to draft a CB... knowing that it will take AT LEAST 1 and more like 2 to three years for the CB to REALLy be ready to play against elite players?

Or do we trade a first round pick to pick up a CB... and is there anyone we would want to pick up?

To a point I agree with the preacher man on this, however, typically we don't draft first round talent at CB. Even when we have used a first round pick on a CB (Deon Figures *shudder*). I am thinking Leon Hall would be good. He has experience against guys like Ginn, Santanio, Samardzija, and a couple other guys. He didn't have too much help at UM but I would like to think with him, Ike, and Bryant, that we would have a solid core group of CB's, we need to do something, and turn this wekaness into a strength.