PDA

View Full Version : whats going on with the nfl today

Big D
11-05-2006, 02:28 PM
what the hell is in the water today. bears losing, giants losing and atlanta losing.

Livinginthe past
11-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I dont think the Giants will lose.

Grossman is having an awful day at the office for Chicago - the Miami offense may well be awful but their D is pretty good.

Harrington has thrown the ball back a few times himself, but has profitted from a short field alot of the day.

The Bears exposed?

Maybe, but everyone has to lose once in a while.

Atalanta have allowed way too many yards on the ground - which was the undoing of them last year.

It should be remembered that this is the NFC we are talking about - no team is particularly dominant.

NM

Big D
11-05-2006, 02:58 PM
grossman and bears overrated????

Livinginthe past
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
grossman and bears overrated????

Sure.

Why not?

I actually like Grossman as a QB - I always thought he had good potential and have argued against plenty of people who thought he was already a bust after so many injury problems.

Having said that, alot of people have jumped the other way now - ready to annoint him a great QB of a great team.

Have a look at Chicago's schedule - its very easy - Seattle looks more impressive than it was mainly because there was no Alexander to contend with.

Minnesota are a decent team and should really have won that game.

The rest are the dregs of the NFL - Detriot (todays result notwithstanding), GreenBay, Arizona (which they should have lost aswell) and the 49ers.

So yeah, I think the excitement about Chicago is unmeritted.

Still a good team though.

NM

Big D
11-05-2006, 03:13 PM
and how about nascar joes redskins beating the cowboys. Can we expect dallas to collapse from this point on. Poor poor t.o.

Hines0wnz
11-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Bears had to lose some time. Falcons are not that good. Giants are solid but unspectacular and is a reason they are quietly leading the NFC least.

Infamix
11-07-2006, 08:51 AM
I agree with LITP, Chicago is very overrated. Their small defense is good, but won't last in the playoffs. Their offense almost seems like a fluke. The tough part of their schedule comes now, starting with the Giants.