PDA

View Full Version : Holmes...Luuuhooozeeer

steelcity58
11-05-2006, 03:29 PM
How many fumbles...and just instances of vertical body brain death is that now.

JERK him out of the game...

stunta86
11-05-2006, 03:56 PM
he's only a horrible kick/punt returner.......i agree jerk him from there......but he continues to make progression as a wr and continues to make plays there, which is a very good sign for him as a player IMO......once willie reid gets healthy we won't have to worry about holmes returning kicks and punts

t-sizzlez
11-05-2006, 04:50 PM
as wr i see good potential and promise... he continures to improve every game.. eventually may become a decent threat and a 2 WR. take him from the ST and i c a gr8 rookie year for him

jim brown
11-05-2006, 06:22 PM
i would like to know how many different ways can ew find to lose ots getting totaly disgusting cowher new holmes has fumbleictes but he was still in there now who do we blame all this chit on? and don't say anything about a bandwagon !! iv' been a steeler fan maybe longer then most of you'in are old just pissed off tired of dumb mistakes!!!!!

Hines0wnz
11-05-2006, 06:37 PM
i would like to know how many different ways can ew find to lose ots getting totaly disgusting cowher new holmes has fumbleictes but he was still in there now who do we blame all this chit on? and don't say anything about a bandwagon !! iv' been a steeler fan maybe longer then most of you'in are old just pissed off tired of dumb mistakes!!!!!

:cheers:

Need another for the road?

:alcohol: :drink: :chug: :alcoholic

blitzburgh5
11-05-2006, 06:39 PM
It's still a better option than frickin' Cedric Wilson!

stunta86
11-05-2006, 06:40 PM
why is that?? wilson is at least smart with the ball, i rather him let it bounce around, or call a fair catch then see holmes try to hard to do something and fumble the ball

stlrtruck
11-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Jingle bell Jingle Bells Jingle All The Way!! Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh!!!
Once again, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers!!

Stillers43
11-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Going to be a good WR but stinks it up on punt returns!

stunta86
11-05-2006, 07:05 PM
good thing we aren't really counting on holmes to be that man returning punts....that's why we drafted willie reid. i can't wait till he gets healthy

SteelersHoss
11-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Shoudl have kept Qunicy Morgan, we all know it

SteelersMongol
11-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Going to be a good WR but stinks it up on punt returns!

Yep!!! :computer:

VegasStlrFan
11-05-2006, 08:24 PM
He has potential, unforntunately right now he is just painful!

Glace
11-05-2006, 08:57 PM
You're darn right we should have kept Quincy Morgan!!

I hate to be the only naysayer on Holmes....but he is doing exactly the same thing as a receiver that is causing him to fumble on kick returns. He does not protect the football at all. He doesn't keep the ball tucked into his body. He's just been fortunate not to have it stripped out when he's playing WR.

He needs some work. He does make some good catches, but he needs to protect the football after he makes the catch. The defensive backs in this league are salivating at the prospects of a guy that doesn't protect the football.

My only question for Bill Cowher is....why did it take this long to pull him off of kick returns? He has done this in HOW MANY GAMES??? There's too much talent on this team to leave him in there after this many screwups.

When asked if he's only temporarily done....Cowher made the comment "we'll see".......

If Santonio Holmes touches another kick return this year....Then I'll get angry at Cowher....His presence in the kick return game is a BAD COACHING DECISION....

Preacher
11-05-2006, 11:27 PM

If Santonio Holmes touches another kick return this year....Then I'll get angry at Cowher....His presence in the kick return game is a BAD COACHING DECISION....

There are scores and scores of bad coaching decisions....

On Holmes, He will be a good receiver. I am really want to see him actually make it through an offseason without getting arrested.

SteelCzar76
11-05-2006, 11:44 PM
How many fumbles...and just instances of vertical body brain death is that now.

JERK him out of the game...

Santonio is a ROOKIE. And as receiver is actually playing relatively well. Should he be returning kicks ?,... NO,....but that is really not his place or the real reason he was drafted.
Keep him away from return duty,.....but get him on the field more often where he should be,.....STARTING opposite of Hines.
I find it very interesting how some have such little regard for the impact of Holmes and Willie Parker,.......but at the same time have a vast amount of "attaboy's" and "He'll be okay's" in regards to a 3rd year Qb whom throws picks like they're in his contract as incentive bonuses.

"Hail Caesar,.........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

stunta86
11-05-2006, 11:44 PM
There are scores and scores of bad coaching decisions....

On Holmes, He will be a good receiver. I am really want to see him actually make it through an offseason without getting arrested.

ok.....he f'ks up once and now he's a bengal type player....he's never been in trouble till he got a big bank account, he'll be fine in the offseason

Preacher
11-06-2006, 02:38 AM
ok.....he f'ks up once and now he's a bengal type player....he's never been in trouble till he got a big bank account, he'll be fine in the offseason

Actually, he got in trouble twice.. One for domestic abuse.

I never said anything about being a Bengal player... but I want to see some serious maturity in the offseason.

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 02:44 AM
... but I want to see some serious maturity in the offseason.

He's an OSU guy, so I doubt it. I am a PSU guy, so my dislike for Holmes runs deep. It was such a conflict of interest for me on draft day when the Steelers grabbed him.

-Mike

stlrtruck
11-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Somebody needs to tell the kid that the piece of leather in his hands IS NOT a loaf of bread and should not be carried as such. Even when he runs after the catch, he's still carrying it out there for someone to knock away!
He should be reminded that this isn't OSU vs. some community college. It's the NFL where every player can hit!

vasteeler
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM

YEAH, TRY AGAIN SOBER

gregstephens
11-06-2006, 12:59 PM
YEAH, TRY AGAIN SOBER

There might have been an actual English word or two in that post by 'jim brown'.

gregstephens
11-06-2006, 01:01 PM
He's an OSU guy, so I doubt it. I am a PSU guy, so my dislike for Holmes runs deep. It was such a conflict of interest for me on draft day when the Steelers grabbed him.

-Mike

Yeah, because PSU and OSU are such tremendous rivals now.:flap:

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah, because PSU and OSU are such tremendous rivals now.:flap:

It doesn't matter how good either team is. I am not a fan of OSU, never will be. The records won't change that.

-Mike

steelcity58
11-06-2006, 08:08 PM
He fumbles on kickoffs...he fumbles wen he catches the ball and runs...

Did some of you guys see the same game?

Beer blur your memories?

jim brown
11-07-2006, 05:35 AM
Vasteelers i was very sober don't drink now yes my spelling was very bad! i was very angry!! now address what i brought up all you did was sugercoat my remarks with negetive ones!! when you have been around long enough then you may make your remarks about one's spelling stick to the steelers thank you, jim brown

Infamix
11-07-2006, 08:38 AM
He has plenty potential as a reciever. He just needs to fix his fumble problems like Tiki did.

DACEB
11-07-2006, 09:19 AM
He has plenty potential as a reciever. He just needs to fix his fumble problems like Tiki did.

That is a great point. These problems can be fixed ie Tiki. Holmes is not the only one with this problem, I love FWP bot IMO he has the same problem. The coaches need to address this with all the players, even Ward had it knocked out @ the goalline.

herewegosteelers
11-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Jingle bell Jingle Bells Jingle All The Way!! Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh!!!
Once again, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers!!

:iagree:

Midnightwriter07
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Is hard for me to get too upset at a rookie, the game is played so much faster and so much to learn in a relatively short time... that is why most dont play and sit for a year. I am more upset or disgusted at Ben play than Holmes. THough the season is not actually over for us in terms of playoffs as of yet... no matter what happens win or lose.. Ben needs to really step up and take that leadership role on other than just sayinghe played badly after the game.

SteelerFanInATL
11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Have patience. Remember when Troy was a rookie. I can remember thinking WTF is so special about this guy. One year under his belt made a HUGE difference! It was his second year that I realized he is going to be one of the best ever for the Steelers and maybe in the NFL.

paw-n-maul-u
11-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I mean everyone here is putting so much faith into a rookie ... holmes did not have one single fumble as a receiver at OSU ... ever ... and he didn't really return many punts either (any of you guys ever heard of a ted ginn???)... however, turnovers are obviously the reason the steelers are where they at. I tried to keep reasoning to myself that there was some HUGE flaw that we just havent noticed yet. At first i was convinced it was the pass rush. Then I saw that we were like 6th (tied) in the league in sacks (not to mention the leader in sacks for a LB last year missed a few games and we have a new starting DE). Maybe it's our secondary??? I mean yes it has given up some big plays but it is also the ninth best in the league. I think that is really due to the fact that we have a FS new to a system, two EXTREMELY young corners in Ike and Mcfadden (i think people forget that ike has only really started 1 year and that was last) ... and early in the season troy was battling a shoulder injury. Then I try to blame our problems on the line but games like kansas city sure did shut me up quick. I know we probably will have a new face on the line next year, but faneca smith and starks are probably going to be there for atleast the next couple years. behind simmons we have kemeotuea (i honestly have no idea how to spell it), but hes a monster. our center is a pretty weak spot right now but i mean our starter is out (although he hasnt looked that great this year anyways). I just really can't FOR SURE put a finger on one thing except for turnovers. a 2-6 team that fumbled away their chance at 6-2

Midnightwriter07
11-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Everyone wants to blame someone... so it goes on... other than the fact that we are making turnovers... and is the players who are making the turnovers and the players who arent doing thier job is all it is. Too many people felt we were/ are unstoppable ( ihear so many times in this board that " only if Ben could have anopportunity to throw it 40 times a game we would be unbeatable) Doesnt work like that and Ben is NOT nor was at a point yet where he could carry this team by himself such as a Manning and possibly Brady or McNabb. He makes too many bad decisions and is young and eventually will be there ... but not yet on a consistant basis. Just to many turnovers is about it and players not producing as we expect them too and we are used to. Theyhave an opportunity to try to change it and get it together...Ben needs to have a better second half of season so the players belive in him again and get his condifence back up .

Steel Pit
11-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Potential, potential, potential? We used to hear the same thing about another Steelers WR who was drafted in the 1st round, one Troy Edwards. I think that Santonio Holmes will prove to be another Troy Edwards. I too hate the Buckeyes. We've done fine without Ohio State players on our team so lets not start drafting them now. Holmes is a BUM!

ward86
11-10-2006, 12:37 AM
Potential, potential, potential? We used to hear the same thing about another Steelers WR who was drafted in the 1st round, one Troy Edwards. I think that Santonio Holmes will prove to be another Troy Edwards. I too hate the Buckeyes. We've done fine without Ohio State players on our team so lets not start drafting them now. Holmes is a BUM!

smh..............y'all act like he's making mistakes as a receiver....he's been doing good on offense, and improves every game, not his fault he's a retard on special teams and the coach won't pull him........i swear, i don't think most of y'all don't even watch games

Preacher
11-11-2006, 03:29 AM
smh..............y'all act like he's making mistakes as a receiver....he's been doing good on offense, and improves every game, not his fault he's a retard on special teams and the coach won't pull him........i swear, i don't think most of y'all don't even watch games

Not exactly how I would have phrased it, but yeah. He can't catch a ball...

Hey wait a second, I wonder.... Just thought about it.

In the NFL, a different ball is used for the kickoffs. Is that true of college as well? If it is, it may explain the problem.

Just remember, it took Holmes awhile to learn the routes... longer then most it seemed. I wonder it the difference in the ball is why he is dropping it. He seems pretty dang sure handed as a receiver.

Just a thought.

billcowherschin
11-11-2006, 03:45 AM
willie reid is one of the most dangerous return men to ever come out of fsu...and that is saying something with all of the athletes that come out of that school...holmes is one of the worst punt returners i have ever seen in my 25 years of remembering football, i think that most of it is in his head now but we have died on turnovers all over the place even though he seams to make them at the worst times!