PDA

View Full Version : ok, i gotta ask

3 to be 4
11-05-2006, 05:15 PM
as a Patriots fan, and although i know i shouldnt, you know,as a Christian, ask it this way, but.....

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE STEELERS?!?!?!?!

Jeremy
11-05-2006, 05:18 PM
They're called turnovers. You might want to look them up sometime.

Livinginthe past
11-05-2006, 05:29 PM
as a Patriots fan, and although i know i shouldnt, you know,as a Christian, ask it this way, but.....

Dont worry 3/4,

He's only saying that you might have to 'look them up' because you're a Patriots fan and might be unfamiliar with your team having multiple turnover games (apart from Denver last year).

The guys who are fumbling dont appear to know how to hold the ball correctly - Willie has spilt one too!

I count 4 so far in this game and we arent even into the 4th quarter yet!

NM

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Fundamental football..

Hines0wnz
11-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Well hey, we lead the NFL in one category at least.....

TURNOVERS!

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Eztarget
11-05-2006, 06:37 PM

The same problems that hit the 2002 Patriots ... you know the Pats team that won the Superbowl in 2001 then didn't make the playoffs in 2002.

I'll take a year out of the playoffs if it means we can win next year and the year after.

SteelCzar76
11-05-2006, 06:43 PM

1: Turnovers

2: Ben Roethlisberger being a Water Dog. (Had to catch up with us sooner or later)
(Good Quarterback,.....but an ill fortuned match for this franchise)

3: lack of Discipline

4: Cedrick Wilson (Being on the roster)

5: Dshea Townsend (Being on the roster)

6: Ty Carter (Being on the roster)

7: Ryan Clark (Being on the Roster)

8: Duce Staley (Being on the roster)

9: Ricardo Coclough (Being on the roster)

10: Ike Taylor's inconsistency

11: Inconsistent O- line play

12: Coach's lack of forsight coming into this season in regards to personel.

Bottom line,..... we don't have enough quality personel to overcome the failings of the Quarterback, the O-line, the Wr's, the secondary and special teams.
Basicaly,.... outside of Hamp, Aaron, the Linebackers, Troy, Alan, Danny, Marvel, Willie, Hines, Heath and possibly Holmes (from a PURE recieving standpoint),........the team is filled with sub standard players. And needs to be purged.

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Hines0wnz
11-05-2006, 06:47 PM

2: Ben Roethlisberger being a Water Dog. (Had to catch up with us sooner or later)

Bottom line,..... we don't have enough quality personel to overcome the failings of the Quarterback, the O-line, the Wr's, the secondary and special teams.
Basicaly,.... outside of Hamp, Aaron, the Linebackers, Troy, Alan, Danny, Marvel, Willie, Hines, Heath and possibly Holmes (from a PURE recieving standpoint),........the team is filled with sub standard players. And needs to be purged.

Minus Clark, those are all players from last year. You think last year was a fluke eh? :blah:

SteelersFreak
11-05-2006, 06:48 PM
What did Deshea Townsend do wrong today besides being 5'10" and missing the tackle on the reverse, but others could've made the tackle.

Also I thought Ben played very well. One INT was a hail mary at the end of the game. Another INT was caused by a lot of pressure(although Ben shouldn't have thrown it) and the other Ben might've well as thrown, was just as good as a punt and you might as well take a shot.

stunta86
11-05-2006, 06:49 PM

IMO, what's wrong with the steelers is bill cowher....i look at cowher and he is out there and he has a look like he just wants the season to finsih and go to his new home, and that has an ugly effect on the team since usually the team takes on the identity of the head coach. it seems like they feel if the coach doesn't care about what's going on then why should we play our asses off for him.....but we'll be back next year stronger and lord willing with a new coach named kevin whisenhunt

stlrtruck
11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
IMO, what's wrong with the steelers is bill cowher....i look at cowher and he is out there and he has a look like he just wants the season to finsih and go to his new home, and that has an ugly effect on the team since usually the team takes on the identity of the head coach. it seems like they feel if the coach doesn't care about what's going on then why should we play our asses off for him.....but we'll be back next year stronger and lord willing with a new coach named kevin whisenhunt

:iagree:

PirateSteeler
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
whats wrong with the steelers? Karma, last year was too good.

PennSteelKeystone
11-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Big Ben,Holmes,15 yard flags. Them are our problems. They can fix Holmes and the 15 yard flags. But it looks like we are stuck with Big Ben. So i hope he bucks up. Dude hasnt played good football for 10 weeks. Thats a long slump.

stunta86
11-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Big Ben,Holmes,15 yard flags. Them are our problems. They can fix Holmes and the 15 yard flags. But it looks like we are stuck with Big Ben. So i hope he bucks up. Dude hasnt played good football for 10 weeks. Thats a long slump.

i guess you don't watch the games....he played great against the chiefs and the falcons even though he got knocked stupid in the 3rd quarter

today he played very good.....don't look at the 3 picks cause 2 of them didn't matter one bit, hell the second pick was a very good int because it pinned them back, a punt might've put them at the 20 yard line

also look at the 70% completion of 54 passes.......

i'm glad we are "stuck" with him, not everyone can play great every year, next year he's gonna come back a better player, this could be good for him, knocks him back down to earth and shows him that he still has a lot to learn about the game.....i can't wait for next year

PennSteelKeystone
11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Stunta i hope you are right with next year. Man im just pissed, depressed and upset. This season is hard to take. But now they are first team ever to go 2-6 after winning the Super Bowl. I want Randle El back so bad..

stunta86
11-05-2006, 07:27 PM
the only thing i miss of el is his punt returning.....nate has out produced him already, and holmes is a very good wr, just sucks at returning kicks/punts....

SteelCzar76
11-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Minus Clark, those are all players from last year. You think last year was a fluke eh? :blah:

And they were just as marginal last year. The only exception being our studs are'nt coming up with big plays to carry their Dead Weight this season.
Now add that to the fact we don't have Bussy to protect us from Ben Stewart,.... Antwan's special teams points (often at clutch times),..... and even Hope's Pick's at the F/S spot (no he wasn't a ballhawk,.... but he's better than Clark),....and perhaps you may have some grasp of what i'm saying.
But you won't admit it,....not because any of it is untrue,...but because i'm not glorifying or making excuse's for your hero. See,.... unlike yourself,.... i "read in between the Lines" exceptionaly well.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Lyn
11-05-2006, 07:38 PM

Excellent Post!~ except for the Holmes (Dropsy) part, that guy should not be on the roster, he is horrible!~

MattsMe
11-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Dont worry 3/4,

He's only saying that you might have to 'look them up' because you're a Patriots fan and might be unfamiliar with your team having multiple turnover games (apart from Denver last year).

NM

I'm guessing he's familiar with it now.

Preacher
11-05-2006, 11:51 PM
The Problem is NOT Ben.
The problem is NOT Holmes (sure, he needs to hold on to the ball, but he will be a good WR)

The problem (as I have said on other threads) are our DB's and our O-Line.

Our receivers and our QB have fixed most of thier problems. Heck... you throw 400 plus yards, your GOING to get 3 interceptions... especially when the O-Line is let people in, so you are throwing on the run.

stunta86
11-05-2006, 11:59 PM
The Problem is NOT Ben.
The problem is NOT Holmes (sure, he needs to hold on to the ball, but he will be a good WR)

The problem (as I have said on other threads) are our DB's and our O-Line.

Our receivers and our QB have fixed most of thier problems. Heck... you throw 400 plus yards, your GOING to get 3 interceptions... especially when the O-Line is let people in, so you are throwing on the run.

yup throwing 54 times will give you at least 3, at least he completed 70% of those 54 throws and at least 2 of the picks didn't put us in that bad of a hurt

83-Steelers-43
11-06-2006, 12:09 AM

Where to begin?

Stlrs4Life
11-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Bad Karma.

tony hipchest
11-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Dont worry 3/4,

NM

:chuckle: is that so?

to answer 32b4's question, just look at hines wards fumble. it epitomizes the season. so close to being a great play but a simple case of one player trying too hard. every member of the steelers offense it seems has tried to win the game on one play and has a costly turnover at one point or another.

stlrtruck
11-06-2006, 09:13 AM
It's a one word answer - TURNOVERS!!!

In Cowher We Trust
11-06-2006, 09:38 AM
its called turnovers

Steelersfan4life
11-06-2006, 11:33 AM
i dont see how you can put the blame on anything but our offensive skill guys turning the ball over. every cluch moment seemed to end in a fumble but i was honestly wondering while i watched this game how does a pro football team fumble that much. somebody please talk to the meal guys and get the butterfingers out of the locker room

vasteeler
11-06-2006, 12:37 PM
And they were just as marginal last year. The only exception being our studs are'nt coming up with big plays to carry their Dead Weight this season.
Now add that to the fact we don't have Bussy to protect us from Ben Stewart,.... Antwan's special teams points (often at clutch times),..... and even Hope's Pick's at the F/S spot (no he wasn't a ballhawk,.... but he's better than Clark),....and perhaps you may have some grasp of what i'm saying.
But you won't admit it,....not because any of it is untrue,...but because i'm not glorifying or making excuse's for your hero. See,.... unlike yourself,.... i "read in between the Lines" exceptionaly well.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

BEN STEWART, YOU ARE RETARDED

sumo
11-06-2006, 01:04 PM

fumbles and more fumbles - oh and we fumble a lot and at the worst possible times and places on the field - if there is a record for most fumbles at the worst possible times in a game so your team will lose, I'm sure we broke it about 5 games ago...

SteelCzar76
11-06-2006, 11:59 PM
BEN STEWART, YOU ARE RETARDED

I'm sure you may very well be the expert on retardation and many of the other various genetic failings that are the result of inbreeding VIRGINIA,.......but i am not of your kind.
In regard's to the Ben/Kordell comparison,.....it's a matter of great physical talent,......with a lack of recognition skills. Not to mention the disturbing propensity to turn the ball over.
Does he (Ben) have more heart than Kordell ?,..... yes,.....but he even negates that plus by being injury prone. (There's always an excuse)
I didn't really want to do the "Reality on Big Ben Post",.......but i knew i would have to at some point in response to one of his Groupies.
But unlike you i don't do the "homo erotic infatuation" thing. I always have and always will stand for the STEELER ORGANIZATION,..... not particular players from a "Fan" standpoint.

herewegosteelers
11-07-2006, 03:27 PM
:mad: :doh: TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!