View Full Version : This team is a joke

Stilliz
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
No heart

No leadership

No courage

No coaching

No nothing

Everything this team stood for and was last year is nowhere to be found.

Ben throwitupforgrabs Roethlisberger is a freaking joke

Win the damn Super Bowl then you come back and go 2-6 halfway thru the following season ?

blah blah blah - turnovers - blah blah blah

This team is a freaking embarrassment to the Steelers organization.

Go ahead mods delete my thread, wouldnt wanna sound off on the precious Steelers.

Hines0wnz
11-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Done venting?

mopartodd
11-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Look at it this way....We should get a good draft pick.

MJ5150
11-05-2006, 07:32 PM
I am watching the game with some of my Seahawk friends, and they are just laughing. It is truly an embarassment. They feel too bad to make fun of me, I think.

I'll still wear my Steeler beanie to work tomorrow, but there isn't much I can say in reply to those who are going to take shots at my Steelers.

-Mike

Hines0wnz
11-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Look at it this way....We should get a good draft pick.

Yep! Since we saved money by letting Randel El go and drafting Holmes this year!

woohoo!

Btrice
11-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Bandwagon.

That is going to be my default response to every post from now on. No matter how much sense you make, now matter how well constructed your argument is.

Lets bring back Chuck Noll, he won 4 Superbowls for us, too bad there wasn't a Steelers forum/BBS back in the late 80's when everyone was calling for his head, just think about how many people could get their daily dose of bandwagon, troll, trollwagon, bandtroll.

Steelers
11-05-2006, 07:38 PM
440 yards passing... Hines crosses the plane, could've been a very different ballgame. I say they WERE playing with heart today.

polamalufan43
11-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Bandwagon.

^^^^I agree to that one my friend^^^^^

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Btrice
11-05-2006, 07:40 PM
440 yards passing... Hines crosses the plane, could've been a very different ballgame. I say they WERE playing with heart today.

I think the Ward thing was a bad break. 9/10 times WARD is holding onto that ball.

Btrice
11-05-2006, 07:41 PM
^^^^I agree to that one my friend^^^^^

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

I was being sarcastic. Unless that is what you agree with.

stunta86
11-05-2006, 07:42 PM
i will agree with the no heart, and no coaching........looking at cowher out there, he just looks like he doesn't care anymore...and that's effecting the players cause they probably feel if the head coach doesn't give a damn, then why should we

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't question the heart of the players. They kept fighting all day out there. The fustrating part of this season is the same mistakes every week being made by this team. I know the players play the game. But still when the same mistakes are being made that reflects coaching. I thank Bill Cowher for all that he done for the Pittsburgh Steelers Organization and the city of Pittsburgh. But to me I do think he knows he is retiring after this season and his heart isn't 100 percent into coaching. I have been saying this since the Chargers game. Call me whatever but its my opinion.

MJ5150
11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Fumbles and INT's have NOTHING to do with Bill Cowher....NOTHING.

These are grown men, playing professional football. Every single one of these guys has had plenty of instruction on how to carry the ball before they even put on a Steeler uniform.

-Mike

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 07:52 PM

These are grown men, playing professional football. Every single one of these guys has had plenty of instruction on how to carry the ball before they even put on a Steeler uniform.

-Mike

It doesn't? Well yes it does. The players have to be accountable I agree with that. But when the same mistakes are being made every week that reflects coaching are the lack of it. Its not just the turnovers. How about the stupid penalties every week? Turnover and stupid penalties are not trade marks of a Bill Cowher coached team. So if Bill Cowher's heart was in it 100 percent I would think some improvement would be made instead of the same stupid mistakes every week.

stunta86
11-05-2006, 07:54 PM
It doesn't? Well yes it does. The players have to be accountable I agree with that. But when the same mistakes are being made every week that reflects coaching are the lack of it. Its not just the turnovers. How about the stupid penalties every week? Turnover and stupid penalties are not trade marks of a Bill Cowher coached team. So if Bill Cowher's heart was in it 100 percent I would think some improvement would be made instead of the same stupid mistakes every week.

i'll co-sign everything you just said....

MJ5150
11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
It doesn't? Well yes it does.

Let's go ahead and disagree on this one my friend. :smile:

I can see what you are saying, but blaming Cowher because guys like Hines Ward can't hold on to the ball is not fair. On other issues, I'll agree that Cowher is to blame.

-Mike

Atlanta Dan
11-05-2006, 07:57 PM

-Mike

The personal fouls do - that is simply a lack of discipline.

The call on Anthony Smith on the punt return was dubious, but Farrior getting a personal foul after Denver was looking at 3 and out inside their 10 was inexcuseable. Of course after Foote and Porter got peanlized on back to back plays last week I was not surprised to see it again.

It is an undisciplined team - that goes back to the coaches

Preacher
11-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I think the Ward thing was a bad break. 9/10 times WARD is holding onto that ball.

Agreed.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Let's go ahead and disagree on this one my friend. :smile:

I can see what you are saying, but blaming Cowher because guys like Hines Ward can't hold on to the ball is not fair. On other issues, I'll agree that Cowher is to blame.

-Mike

Dude I totally fault the players don't get me wrong. Its just seeing the same mistakes being made and I'm talking about the penalties as well. The inmates are running the prison it seems. It just seems Bill Cowher is a lame duck coach. I hate saying that since I respect Bill Cowher alot and thank him for all the things he has done for the Steelers. But it just seems he is retired and he is looking forward to some time of relaxing with the family. Which is understandable.

NV STEELERS 723
11-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Turnovers.........PERIOD !!!!!

Preacher
11-05-2006, 08:02 PM

ABSOLUTELY AGREED.

You know... this reminds me of watching people hungover... they know what to do, they just don't quite have the coordination to do it!

SteelCzar76
11-05-2006, 08:03 PM
I for one can't lay all of this at Coach's feet. My reasoning ? Because you can put lipstick on a Jackel all day,..... and it still won't make it Miss America.
This team is filled with bums outside of the FEW truely WORTHY players. Coach's two mistakes this year were entering the season with all the "bandaid's on bullet wounds" personel. And coddling a Qb to the detriment of the organization.
But hey,.....if you've been here long enough,.....we've seen this story before.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

PennSteelKeystone
11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Big Ben, Holmes, and the 15 yard flags ======= loss and embarr(ass)ment. Unreal!!! I hate going to work now...

blackngoldbaby
11-05-2006, 08:07 PM
i dont know how you guys can say that the steelers are pathetic i mean cmon thats a little low dont ya think?i mean they looked for the most part really good today ben completed good passes and what threw for around 400 yards i think and plus the running game looked really good too. and this was all done against a realy good defense so your saying thats pathetic the only reason we lost this game is because of dumn turnovers and penaltys and ohh yes the defence was playing good too. but i do have to agree that bill cower just looks like deer in headlights on the side line it just makes me feel like he doesnt even care and yes i think it effects the team too. but all im saying is the steelers are not pathetic there just not playing smart football. and when you turn the football over many times it doesnt matter how the rest of the team is playing your gonna loose the ball game.

steelergirlrocks
11-05-2006, 08:07 PM
I would say this season is dissappointing but I would not call the Pittsburgh Steelers a joke. I would say this season is not turning out like I thought, but I still would not call the Steelers a joke. Those guys made mistakes, and they screwed up. On purpose? NO. It's a game that is played with strategy and guts. Does it always go the way you think it will? Obviously not or we would not be ranting on this board. Keep the faith! Go Steelers!

Livinginthe past
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I thought the Steelers played with heart today, but no intelligence or savvy whatsoever.

I put alot of the blame on the coaches one way or another - you have multiple guys who repeatedly carry the ball high into contact, fumbling and still not learning the next time.

The coaches arent giving the new guys what they need in training, the type of coaching that emphasises the fundamentals of hanging onto the ball in contact.

Or perhaps you believe that WR should have these skills when they leave college - if thats the case then the Steelers did a horrible job scouting.

Either way the coaches messed up.

Now say what you want about Ben, he made some bad decisions under pressure but its like watching him try to fight the whole battle himself - he was in a 14-0 hole before the game was even properly started.

On the plus side, Willie Parker looked excellent against a tough run D.

Back on the down side, the D-backs were utterly out matched on the plays that mattered - is Ike taylor really all that?

He got beaten up good today, and I would judge that to be a somewhat shaky investment.

Cowher might well have 'Not at home' sign having from his forehead - like his WR's today he dropped the ball numerous times - the inability to change a PR who looks like he is going to fumble every time he gets the ball - again waving it around in the air.

The Steelers should have been able to get another play off before the 2 minute warning - yet all we seen was a coaching staff frozen by indecision.

I think this team has some major rebuilding to do.

Atlanta Dan is spot on in another thread - you have to let the young guys into the team now and see what you have for next year.

NM

Need4spd
11-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Bandwagon.

That is going to be my default response to every post from now on. No matter how much sense you make, now matter how well constructed your argument is.

Lets bring back Chuck Noll, he won 4 Superbowls for us, too bad there wasn't a Steelers forum/BBS back in the late 80's when everyone was calling for his head, just think about how many people could get their daily dose of bandwagon, troll, trollwagon, bandtroll.

Will you come off of it already. Where the hell do you get off calling people these stupid ass juvenile names like "troll," or and I'm embarrassed to even type this, "trollwagon," and "bandtroll." Believe it or not and this may come as a newsflash to the more narrow minded out there like yourself, but it is possible to be a so called "true" fan like you all profess to be, and still be critical of the team you cheer for and love. As much emotion as I give of myself to this team, cheering for them every week, following them during the off-season, not to mention the money that I've spent buying their jerseys, T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and every other bit of Steelers paraphernalia that I own so that I can show my team spirit and pride, I think I've earned the right to criticize them when they go out there week after week and underachieve (understatement) the way they have been all season. I just got off the phone with my own father who is a native of Pittsburgh and now lives in Florida, also a former season ticket holder since the day Three Rivers Stadium opened, and has been a Steelers fan his entire life, and I gave him every bit of the 5th degree because he tried telling me in so many words that he was finished with the Steelers. Trust me, I've got no time for people who actually are "fair-weather" fans, and I know there are people like that out there. However, I'm sick and tired seeing people who are merely speaking what is obviously the truth, and who are being objective get berated by people of your ilk with these ridiculous insults. Grow up already and please, please get the hell off your high horse.

MACH1
11-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Will you come off of it already. Where the hell do you get off calling people these stupid ass juvenile names like "troll," or and I'm embarrassed to even type this, "trollwagon," and "bandtroll." Believe it or not and this may come as a newsflash to the more narrow minded out there like yourself, but it is possible to be a so called "true" fan like you all profess to be, and still be critical of the team you cheer for and love. As much emotion as I give of myself to this team, cheering for them every week, following them during the off-season, not to mention the money that I've spent buying their jerseys, T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and every other bit of Steelers paraphernalia that I own so that I can show my team spirit and pride, I think I've earned the right to criticize them when they go out there week after week and underachieve (understatement) the way they have been all season. I just got off the phone with my own father who is a native of Pittsburgh and now lives in Florida, also a former season ticket holder since the day Three Rivers Stadium opened, and has been a Steelers fan his entire life, and I gave him every bit of the 5th degree because he tried telling me in so many words that he was finished with the Steelers. Trust me, I've got no time for people who actually are "fair-weather" fans, and I know there are people like that out there. However, I'm sick and tired seeing people who are merely speaking what is obviously the truth, and who are being objective get berated by people of your ilk with these ridiculous insults. Grow up already and please, please get the hell off your high horse.

:iagree:

Stilliz
11-05-2006, 08:22 PM
What would Jack Lambert have done to Holmes when he walked off that field after giving Denver 7 more points ??? He would have got in his face if not knocked him on his ass. Water coolers would have been thrown -- feelings would have been hurt. Thats called leadership and this team has none. Coach stands there like a deer in headlights again....like f-it I won the SB last year I dont give a shit. Look at him and tell me thats not the truth.

Btrice
11-05-2006, 08:49 PM

JESUS!! What part of I WAS BEING SARCASTIC is so hard to understand? I am giving s*** to the people that continually spout that bandwagon s*** off. I FRIGGIN AGREE WITH YOU. I figured the whole "No matter how much sense you make, now matter how well constructed your argument is. " would give away that I was being sarcastic. Even if that didn't I said I was being SARCASTIC like 3 posts later. I swear, there is either an extreme lack of intelligence issue on this board or people just have no reading comprehension.

Edit: And the stupid made up words bandtroll and trollwagon should have also been a clue. Who would seriously use those words and mean it, I mean that borders on baby-talk. Goo goo.

jrbull31
11-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Gaa-Gaa

Btrice
11-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Gaa-Gaa

Najeh made a boom boom.

jrbull31
11-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Najeh made a boom boom.

Good One. And Holmes, Hines, and Ben made a No No!

touchdownward
11-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Several broncos received owwees.

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 12:20 AM
It just seems Bill Cowher is a lame duck coach. I hate saying that since I respect Bill Cowher alot and thank him for all the things he has done for the Steelers.

I don't want to admit it either. I keep thinking I will see a news article announcing a new contract for Cowher and the Steelers. I'm in denial, I'll admit it. I guess I'll only believe he is gone when he actually comes out and says it. Until then, I will hope with all my heart he stays and turns it around.

At this point, I am most sick from seeing #24 in black making a sad attempt at being an NFL CB. I guess today was not Ike's day. He'll turn it around next week....I hope.

-Mike

jaysta
11-06-2006, 12:52 AM
I don't know about you all, but outside of the turnovers this team plays way better than their record. Every game that the Steelers lost showed flashes of brilliance that were ruined by a turnover, bad call, etc... The running game looked great, the passing game was terrific (other than the int's), D looked pretty solid, and even the special teams stepped it up a little. The difference I see between last year and this year is that we caught more breaks last year. I watch alot of football and still think that the Steelers are one of the better looking all around teams in the league. Bad breaks and close games in the 4th are the difference in my opinion.

MACH1
11-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Bad breaks I can handle, turning it over every other time I cant handle.