PDA

View Full Version : Building For 2007 - Who Sits This Season?

Atlanta Dan
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Well - I am out of wishful scenarios

Since it is time to think about 2007, who should sit for the next 8 games?

The Steelers gambled on Ike Taylor and may have guessed wrong but he obviously will continue to start.

While Townsend should sit on merit alone he obviously (hopefully?) will not start in 2007 -time to see what McFadden can do before the draft.

If McFadden starts I would like to see what Anthony Smith can do in place of McFadden in the nickel package and just sit Townsend

On OL, keep playiing Okobi, sit Simmons for Kemo, and maybe give Simmons some reps at center. Maybe we can ask fans to come out of the stands to play in place of Max Starks.

As for LB, once James Harrison heals I want to see what he can do - Porter and Haggens have disapeared.

In all my years as a Steelers fan I have never been as shocked by the collective poor performance of what I thought was a very good team - i did not think they would repeat as champs but I had them winning 10 or 11 games

stunta86
11-05-2006, 07:53 PM
that's the good thing about going into next year, we don't REALLY have to rebuild, these games we are losing is because we lose them, the jags are the only team to actually beat us straight up, all these other ones are just dumb plays after dumb plays by us......once we get a coach that still has passion for the game we'll be set for next season

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-05-2006, 07:54 PM
BEN ON NFL NETWORK

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Man I don't want to see Max Starks at RT anymore. He flat out stinks. I don't know why at this point Trai Essex can't get some playing time. Well all the young guys should play. Both McFadden and Smith should start. I would say Kemoeatu, Okobi and Essex should start on the Oline. I would even play Rian Wallace at one fo the ILB spots in place of Farrior or Foote.
I know it sounds crazy. But we have to find out if these young guys can play.

Ambridge
11-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Good question.

This could also be an early tip-off of Cowher's future plans.
In the past he's insisted playing the best players that gave them a chance to win regardless if they were out of the playoff hunt.
Should there be significant line-up changes he could be setting up players getting playing time so the next coaching staff can make personel evaluations.

Preacher
11-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Well - I am out of wishful scenarios

Since it is time to think about 2007, who should sit for the next 8 games?

The Steelers gambled on Ike Taylor and may have guessed wrong but he obviously will continue to start.

While Townsend should sit on merit alone he obviously (hopefully?) will not start in 2007 -time to see what McFadden can do before the draft.

If McFadden starts I would like to see what Anthony Smith can do in place of McFadden in the nickel package and just sit Townsend

On OL, keep playiing Okobi, sit Simmons for Kemo, and maybe give Simmons some reps at center. Maybe we can ask fans to come out of the stands to play in place of Max Starks.

As for LB, once James Harrison heals I want to see what he can do - Porter and Haggens have disapeared.

In all my years as a Steelers fan I have never been as shocked by the collective poor performance of what I thought was a very good team - i did not think they would repeat as champs but I had them winning 10 or 11 games

How can I post when I agree??

Edit: Wait.... I just did!

R2sojr
11-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Sit Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stunta86
11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Sit Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ban r2sojr lol......sitting him would be very stupid and only hurt our future