PDA

View Full Version : "THE STEELERS ARE A BAD, BAD FOOTBALL TEAM"

PirateSteeler
11-05-2006, 08:04 PM
The words of Jerome Bettis. I have to agree.

steelergirlrocks
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
No way! Bettis? Said that? Are we really a bad football team or one that makes too many mistakes? Does that make us bad? We have a great team that has not played with the greatness that we should. Go Steelers!

MACH1
11-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Mistakes make you a bad team...good teams dont make the same mistakes over and over again.

Man_Of_Steel
11-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I think this all started early in the year when Jerome proclaimed this would be Cowhers last year as head coach of the Steelers. It all went downhill from there.

blackngoldbaby
11-05-2006, 08:20 PM
I disagree with what bus said we arent a bad bad football team where just not playing smart we have alot of good talent throughout the whole team and we could easily be what we were last year but the dumn turnovers are killing us but thats just football .

PennSteelKeystone
11-05-2006, 08:34 PM
When you lead the league in turnovers ofcourse you are bad. What else can we call that.

LarryNJ
11-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Jerome is a bad bad on tv. I don't think he'll make it 3 years.

blackngoldbaby
11-05-2006, 09:06 PM
hes not a bad anouncer i just disagreed on what he said about the steelers hes the reason i tune into football night in america the one thats really bad is collinsworth i cant stand him!

jrbull31
11-05-2006, 09:07 PM
He could catch as good as 36 could run though.

stillers4me
11-05-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't think we're bad. We're just not playing exceptionally good this year. (hey, makes sense to me).

Someone please take the shovels away from a couple of these guys.........I don't like the holes being dug on Heinz Field.

PisnNapalm
11-05-2006, 09:10 PM
The Super Bowl Champs ar 2 and 6. That qualifies as BAD in my book.

This has to be the most incompetent team I've seen fielded in Pittsburgh in a very long time.

Sure they show glimpses of what won the XL, but then the turn over the ball 6 ****ING TIMES!

stillers4me
11-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I guess what is so frustrating to us fans is to see the glimmers of the greatness that took us to the SuperBowl last year and each game come so close to turning the season around and watch it get thrown away by stupid mistakes. It's the same team......the same players. It's a good team playing bad football and absolutely no breaks coming our way.

So which one of you people forgot to make the proper rutual sacrifice to the football gods......hmmmmmmmm???

ytsan2q
11-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Man I didn't think we would miss Randle El this much. If only we had someone who could hold on to the ball on special teams.

Livinginthe past
11-05-2006, 09:56 PM
You can give the 'good team playing bad' excuse when the losses are a blip on the radar.

It doesn't seem applicable when you have 3 times as many loses as wins.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 10:23 PM
You can give the 'good team playing bad' excuse when the losses are a blip on the radar.

It doesn't seem applicable when you have 3 times as many loses as wins.

NM

I agree LITP. Plus its the same mistakes every week. The Steelers are just a consistent bad football teamt his year. Can't have a winning team every year. So no big deal to me that the Steelers are 2-6. Its fustrating watching it every week. But an hour after the game I'm alright.

How about Adam V coming through in the clutch again for the Pats with that missed field goal.
That miss by Adam could prove huge for the Colts tonight. I'm actually rooting for the Pats tonight. Its one of the rare times that I have rooted for the Pats since they started winning Super Bowls. I'm just so sick of hearing about Peyton Manning that I want to throw up. Plus with the WR's that Brady has and the way he has played this year is impressive and I have much respect for Tom Brady. Alot more then I have for Mr. Choke Peyton Manning.

shevdog
11-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Its hard to hear Jerome say that, yet he was being honest. I respect him for what he said.

And I am going to enjoy seeing the Steelers play the remainder of the season, regardless of the results.

Blitzburgh
11-05-2006, 10:49 PM
I think this all started early in the year when Jerome proclaimed this would be Cowhers last year as head coach of the Steelers. It all went downhill from there.

Not really. It went bad when our young QB put his face into an old Crislyer then a few months later had an emergency appendectomy.

Not our year fellas ... sometimes those things happen. It happens to the best of 'em.

Just keep your head up, keep supporting this team, and know that this young group of guys will only get better. :cheers:

SalukiSteelers
11-05-2006, 11:09 PM
It's a good thing we've got baseball to look forward to in 2007...oh wait, the Bucs are a bad, bad team.

Blitzburgh
11-05-2006, 11:19 PM
LET'S GO PENS! :saintnick:

Livinginthe past
11-05-2006, 11:42 PM
I agree LITP. Plus its the same mistakes every week. The Steelers are just a consistent bad football teamt his year. Can't have a winning team every year. So no big deal to me that the Steelers are 2-6. Its fustrating watching it every week. But an hour after the game I'm alright.

How about Adam V coming through in the clutch again for the Pats with that missed field goal.
That miss by Adam could prove huge for the Colts tonight. I'm actually rooting for the Pats tonight. Its one of the rare times that I have rooted for the Pats since they started winning Super Bowls. I'm just so sick of hearing about Peyton Manning that I want to throw up. Plus with the WR's that Brady has and the way he has played this year is impressive and I have much respect for Tom Brady. Alot more then I have for Mr. Choke Peyton Manning.

Manning had a big game tonight - kudos to him and the Colts.

They played better football.

Still confused about the playcalling in the 2nd half - why pass so much when you are picking up 6/7 yards a go on the ground?

I feel for Brady in the 2nd half - bad luck on INT's 3 and 4 two tipped passes.

Kevin Faulk is rapidly becoming one of my least favorite players on the Patriots team.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 11:45 PM

Still confused about the playcalling in the 2nd half - why pass so much when you are picking up 6/7 yards a go on the ground?

Kevin Faulk is rapidly becoming one of my least favorite players on the Patriots team.

NM

The Colts did look good tonight. Hey until Peyton Manning gets the playoff monkey off his back I won't think the Colts are the favorite in the NFL. But its looking like the Colts might have the homefield for the playoffs which helps them out bigtime. We all know the Colts can't play well in the elements. Yea it was cold in New England tonight but there was no snow.

Livinginthe past
11-06-2006, 12:00 AM
The Colts did look good tonight. Hey until Peyton Manning gets the playoff monkey off his back I won't think the Colts are the favorite in the NFL. But its looking like the Colts might have the homefield for the playoffs which helps them out bigtime. We all know the Colts can't play well in the elements. Yea it was cold in New England tonight but there was no snow.

Yep the dome certainly suits Manning and the speedy Colts - however, it should be remembered that Brady has a great record in domes - what is it? 10-1 or something?

The way its going the Colts are rewriting conventional wisdom about needing to actually be able to stop the run to win games - as you say, maybe a bigger price will be paid in the playoffs for that inability.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Yep the dome certainly suits Manning and the speedy Colts - however, it should be remembered that Brady has a great record in domes - what is it? 10-1 or something?

The way its going the Colts are rewriting conventional wisdom about needing to actually be able to stop the run to win games - as you say, maybe a bigger price will be paid in the playoffs for that inability.

NM

Not to sound like a smart ass my friend. But Tom Brady has a great record in domes, in snow, rain, when its sunny. The only flaw record wise for Tom Brady in his career has been against the Denver Broncos. I think Tom is 1-4 against the Broncos in his career so far.

I'm impressed with the Colts with their 8-0 start. But we have seen this before from this team. Thats why its not as impressive as say if the Bears would have been 8-0. This is the same old song and dance from the Colts. The Colts but mainly Peyton Manning have to get it done in playoff time. Just like Bill Cowher had to prove last year.

hardwork
11-06-2006, 12:19 AM

Two missed field goals. You have to say it got to him tonight.

Preacher
11-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Peyton Manning is this generations' John Elway. Until he actually wins a Superbowl, all his talent will be wasted on teams "Almost Good Enough"

MACH1
11-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Two missed field goals. You have to say it got to him tonight.

UMMMMM who left with the W

hardwork
11-06-2006, 12:30 AM

NM

Faulk has done so much for us as a role player I'll always think of him kindly.

As for the play calling. I'm more upset about the play that lead to the 1st interception on the first drive of the game. We were chewing up yardage with the run. There was no need to rush anything. Had we scorded on that drive in would have the Colts that were playing catch up all night.

83-Steelers-43
11-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Mistakes make you a bad team...good teams dont make the same mistakes over and over again.

Bingo.

stlrtruck
11-06-2006, 07:51 AM
What's sad is that our offense has improved statistically in their standings in the NFL and yet we still can't win games?
I never would have thunk this at the beginning of the season.
It's now time to play spoiler - starting this week with the saints!

HometownGal
11-06-2006, 08:10 AM
While I don't agree with Jerome that the Steelers are a "bad, bad team", I can't fault him for what he said. He bleeds black and gold as the rest of us do and I'm sure is probably just as frustrated with this seaosn, though in his current position, he can't express himself as we can here.

Skill-wise, this team is most definitely not a bad team. I believe the team all the way from A to Z has a bad, bad case of "headuptheirass-itis" and only they can cure themselves of this dreaded malady which appears to be infectious.

Stlrs4Life
11-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Well, he's right. We are a bad football team.

STEELCRTN4EVER
11-06-2006, 08:20 AM
You just can not win in the NFL when you turn over the ball 6 times....6!!! That is terrible. 4 time in the orevious game. I am a STEELER fan win or lose but I am not happy with them this morning.:coffee: :dang:

SteelersWoman
11-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Most of our numbers are good (all except the TO's) in fact, they showed a grid where they're even doing better in like 5 out of 6 areas than LAST year....so in my mind, these TOs doesn't make them "bad", just "jinxed" this year.

It's almost like they're wearing rubberized jerseys and gloves and the ball is just bouncin off. Maybe we just need to get them a big container of glue to smear all over their jerseys and gloves so the ball will stick better....

sumo
11-06-2006, 11:38 AM
The words of Jerome Bettis. I have to agree.

Bettis is just trying to make a name for himself in the world of broadcasting - the Steelers are beating themselves right now -- my biggest fear is they will start making a bunch of unnecessary changes - we don't need to - even if we just fix our problem with turn overs, we're a 6-2 team..

MACH1
11-06-2006, 11:41 AM
All the good luck of the past two years is gone replaced by all the bad luck of two years stuffed into one.