PDA

View Full Version : Goat of the Game

Ambridge
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Pick your poison.

BigJen
11-05-2006, 07:21 PM
I say Hines Ward for trying to be a highlight reel TD at the end of the game. THAT cost the game when it was easily in reach!.

Paul Pyrch
11-05-2006, 07:22 PM
:dang: Javon Walker made Ike Taylor TOAST today!! Santonio Holmes absolutely cannot hang on to the ball. I'll say it once more....we needed to keep Randle El. Right now, we have no one that can run back kick-offs/punts. What was it...five turnovers today?? And Ben seems to be throwing up the ball for grabs. Without the turnovers, our record should be at least 6-2 for the season.

stunta86
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
oh man, please take off that avy.........and hines??? no way was he the goat

i went with ike for getting bombed on all day long and every week, i thought he was good corner but teams have no fear of him and through at him all the time and are usually successful....he is nothing more then a classic case of a player playing his hardest to get a contract

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 07:28 PM
I say Hines Ward for trying to be a highlight reel TD at the end of the game. THAT cost the game when it was easily in reach!.

That cost the game **** no. Getting a ****ing clue before posting or don't ****ing post. Even if Hines Ward gets in the Steelers are down 31-26 and then forced to go for two. Then have to get the two points and then have to attempt an onside kick and recover it. No Santonio Holmes and Cedric Wilson both fumbling early in the game and putting the Steelers down 14-0 cost the Steelers the game. Get a clue you ****ing tool.

BigJen
11-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Even if Hines Ward gets in the Steelers are down 31-26 and then forced to go for two. Then have to get the two points and then have to attempt an onside kick and recover it.

That was my thinking and I bet they could have pulled it off. You are the tool:flap:

Lyn
11-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Holmes is a total waste!

stunta86
11-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Holmes is a total waste!

sighs.........holmes is not a total waste, he has been good as a wide receiver....don't get him sucking on something he shouldn't even be doing to something that he was brought he for...he has been very good catching the ball, and improves every single game.......

stillers4me
11-05-2006, 07:41 PM
I think Santonio will be more relieved than any of us to be relieved of punt returner duties and he can foucus on what he was drafted for. I think he's going to be a great WR..........I feel a little bad that he got thrown into the punt reciever and has done poorly. Think about it. If he was only playing WR, everybody would be saying how well he has been doing in his rookie year. He was very excited to be drafted by the Steelers.

blackngoldbaby
11-05-2006, 07:43 PM

how can you say that that play cost the steelers the game when even if he got the touchdown it still wouldnt of mattered i mean yeah we would have got another 6 points but there was only a few minutes left and broncos would have got the ball back and ran the clock off i mean c mon that was really nothing just hines ward just trying to make a play hines ward played his heart out today there is no reason to blame him for the loss!!!!absolutly not!

BigJen
11-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Hines is a great player but I feel that play really stung! Read my last post on my thoughts.

blackngoldbaby
11-05-2006, 07:52 PM
i dont have to read it because that play wouldnt have mattered!!!! turn overs earlier is what stung us!didnt you watch the game and ohh didnt you see all them great plays he made before that like i said nobody should say that hines ward cost us the game!!!he played his heart out like always.

MACH1
11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
spoting denver 14 cost us the game

stillers4me
11-05-2006, 07:59 PM
spoting denver 14 cost us the game

ding ding ding......you win!!

Even Ben at his flawless best would have a hard time digging out of holes that deep.

Just ask Kitty Cat Palmer about it. :coffee:

ytsan2q
11-05-2006, 08:12 PM
I say Dick LeBeau. How do you blitz when the other team is in a 2 tight end set and it's
3rd and goal from the 18. I mean our corners are not cover corners and you leave them on an island for most of the game while the Broncos offense is going max protection.

SteelersMongol
11-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Hines is a great player but I feel that play really stung! Read my last post on my thoughts.

GO AWAY, Clowns! :bash:

blackngoldbaby
11-05-2006, 08:19 PM
GO AWAY, Clowns! :bash:

i second that!!!

Paul Pyrch
11-05-2006, 08:23 PM
:crying01: Agree with blackngold baby. Ward did not lose the game for us.....Ike Taylor, Santonio Holmes and a bunch of others did. Ward, as usual played his heart out and for my money, is the BEST player on the team! Special teams are doing it once again. Too many long runbacks, not to mention fumbles. Ben needs to throw the ball away rather than throw it up for grabs as he has done several times recently.

BigJen
11-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Ward is the best on the team but I still stand by my opinion.

Rotorhead
11-05-2006, 11:22 PM
The entire team lost this game, the def had coverage breakdowns, the off had some line issues, Ben needs to learn to just throw it away sometimes, Special Teams . . . I dont even know where to begin there. However I have to give my vote to Santonio . . . CATCH THE DAM BALL on the returns for god's sake.

Stlrs4Life
11-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Ike Taylor.