PDA

View Full Version : #86 PLAYED HIS HEART OUT !!!!!!!

NV STEELERS 723
11-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Hines is a great WR...do you know any others that can lay a block to give a defensive player a concussion???....he also made awesome other blocks too....! ( Willie's TD )

Hines also was over 100 yds receiving too... He is the ultimate player...even trying to do too much as he fumbles before the goal line...WE can't fault him for that...he was just trying too hard...

Hines has heart.... and I thought our O line played pretty good too....

Ambridge
11-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Hines is a great player and he had a helluva game today but he's also made some boneheaded mistakes this season as well.

Costly penalties in earlier games and doing the stupid dive today trying to get a TD especially when he really didn't have too. :shake01:

stunta86
11-05-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah, hines will always play his heart out no matter what, that one long run was all him, looks like it's gonna be a five yard gain and then he breaks lose and bam 60+ yarder, that was great, and that dive in the endzone, someone said earlier he's holding on to it 9 out 10 times so i can't really look at that and say damn you hines.........

BigJen
11-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Hines will watch film and say day-um!. Why did I try to look cool on that play?. I think that was the game killer. My 2 cents.

NV STEELERS 723
11-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Hines was trying to make the TD.... no fault on #86

BigJen
11-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Other than that blunder he had a good day.

touchdownward
11-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Hines was trying to make the TD.... no fault on #86
I agree, he was stretching for the TD and helmet to ball contact=fumble, everytime.
Go Steelers!!!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Hines had tears in his eyes after his fumble.....
Hes the only player on the team that showed any emotion in that game today.......

Btrice
11-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Like I said in another thread I seriously think that if that situation were done 10 times over, Hines keeps control of the ball on 9 of those attempts. Sometimes the bad 10% happens at the worst times. After not doing much the first couple of games, Ward has stepped up his game and done a helluva job. He and Heath are our old faithfuls this season.

PisnNapalm
11-05-2006, 09:20 PM
I love Hines to death. He's what Steelers football is about. Emotion, hard work, and perseverance.

VegasStlrFan
11-05-2006, 09:21 PM
As always Hines is a constant for this team. I give him a pass on the fumble today, he was trying to make something happen.

Atlanta Dan
11-05-2006, 09:25 PM
I thought Hines had lost his passion for the game earlier this year but now it is clear he was hurting physically. Hines has been the player we have admired for the last month.

In addition to all the other problems, a big part of the mess this year was Hines not being able to go in preseason to get the passing game up to speed.

Just another problem in a lost season.

Man_Of_Steel
11-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey now, don't forget about Willie Parker. He busts his ass every play. He plays with just as much passion. He cares.

MACH1
11-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Hines always gives 110% healthy or hurt.

shevdog
11-05-2006, 11:01 PM
That was a heck of a TD attempt. I think it was a sweet play and nice dive attempt. Unfortunately he had two guys on him that turn that play into a disaster. Hines was beating himself up on the sidelines after that play.

Hines doesn't do stupid stuff. He's a very unselfish player, just like the Bus was. I can recall an almost TD play in Indie back in January that was almost a heart breaking play. So Hines did what he could to get into the end zone, so my hats off to him for trying. Its sad to see the results.

Hines0wnz
11-05-2006, 11:35 PM
He never gives up and is the torch carrier for Steeler football. That is why I love him and cannot fault him for the fumble as he was doing what he always does and that is trying to win. :tt02:

Preacher
11-05-2006, 11:57 PM
I got no problem with Ward... He busts his behind every play. Was it his fault he fumbled... of course. However, as others has said... a helmet on the ball will knock the ball loose almost all the time.

The key however, he understood that even though it was almost impossible to hold on to the ball... he still blamed himself. Maybe it is time He stood up and verbally dressed down the locker room. Just let Willie Parker and Heath Miller... and Polamalu leave. Cause they are playing unbelievable ball... AGAIN.