PDA

View Full Version : Bettis says ".......

jrbull31
11-05-2006, 07:11 PM
....They are officially finished this year, they are a BAD team, when you continually turn it over like they are doing, you are not going to turn it around, they are finished this year"

So Sad!

NV STEELERS 723
11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
its not like he's incorrect.... I wish I was being paid millions by NBC to say that..

jrbull31
11-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Good Point, then Collinsworth responds to the comment that the only team to make the playoffs with a 2-6 record is the Bengals in a 14 game season, with "and they are no Bengals, no Bengals."

I am sure 36 smacked him afterward.

t-sizzlez
11-05-2006, 07:53 PM
We need him back! We need to all send him letters telling him to come back. His present even in the locker room boosts us and gets us ready. He can also just run for goaline if he wants. Heck lets give him half and willie half. We'll spread the love! :)

jrbull31
11-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I think he is spreadin butter, the kind NBC gave him to not get Dirty.

SteelersMongol
11-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, we can't get him. It's for real. "Caeser is dead!" But we still got the others. It's not like we haven't done it before, we can make 10-6. Have a faith, my fellow Steelers!

PisnNapalm
11-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Jerome is just speaking the truth. This is the most incompetent Steelers team I've seen ever.

Let me rephrase that.... Most incompetent offense. Our D has been playing very hard. I feel bad for them.

holmes
11-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Bettis is correct, but Collinsworth is nothing but an a**. He needs smacked. I feel Jerome will always be loyal to us, and I'm sure he is frustrated just like the rest of us are.

polamalufan43
11-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Heck, I'll smack Collinsworth myself.
No doubt Bussie's loyalty is and forever will be will the steelers, amen. Of course, he needs to speak his mind for his job, so no disrespect for him on that matter.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

MACH1
11-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Bettis said he would of benched ben and then he agreed with chad johnson with what he was whinning about not being used right at sissynnati.:blah:

Hines86Ward
11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
I don't think we're a "bad" team, we just make costly mistakes. In all of our losses, we've outplayed the other teams. We've gained more yards than them offensively. All of our offensive & defensive rankings are higher than they were last year. We just make stupid mistakes, and we can't finish games either. But to say we're a "bad" team, that's incorrect. A bad team would be someone like the Titans....

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I think Jerome can say what he wants. Plus the Steelers play is backing up his statements.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't think we're a "bad" team, we just make costly mistakes. In all of our losses, we've outplayed the other teams. We've gained more yards than them offensively. All of our offensive & defensive rankings are higher than they were last year. We just make stupid mistakes, and we can't finish games either. But to say we're a "bad" team, that's incorrect. A bad team would be someone like the Titans....

Yes the Steelers are for the most part out gaining the other every week. But bad teams to turn the ball over and comment stupid penalties. At first I thought the Steelers were just inconsistent but with the same mistakes happening every week they are just a bad football team. At 2-6 I think that proves that. My only hope for the rest of the season is Ben just stays healthy and improves. Plus the young players continue to improve.

steelcityjameser
11-05-2006, 09:20 PM
lack of concentration. lack of hunger.

MACH1
11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
They need to start playing for their jobs IMO.

Eztarget
11-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Good Point, then Collinsworth responds to the comment that the only team to make the playoffs with a 2-6 record is the Bengals in a 14 game season, with "and they are no Bengals, no Bengals."

I am sure 36 smacked him afterward.

Thank God we're not the Bengals otherwise we'd have ZERO Superbowl wins.

Blitzburgh
11-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Folks this team is 2 things, both of which circle back to coaching.

They are:

Unfocused:dang:

and

Undiciplined :dang:

beyond those two mainstays .... they are also lacking leadership in the locker room. It is because of this they haven't been able to establish an identity this season.

This team can't win for losing.

I do know this. By and large, it's not the personnel that make up our roster as it is the attention to detail. The bounce of the ball this year is pure bad luck.

As long as Ben doesn't get ruined by all this turmoil, he will learn necessary lessons that will serve him well in the future. He's never gotten the chance to air it out. I say let him air it out and take his lumps.

Every QB gets a throwaway year early on to throw some picks and work things out. Bradshaw. Elway. Aikman. Favre. Manning. Palmer.

Rationalization Of The Day:
This type of year can be a boost for the future of the franchise, a franchise that will naturally retool itself around Ben, Parker, Santonio, Troy and Ike. It might be a blessing in disguise to have some high picks this draft with which to address the mass exodus after 2007. The time was coming for some turnover. This speeds the process and promises better talent with which to fill the holes.

What will I do in the meantime? ..... Keep being a Steeler fan of course :tt02:

83-Steelers-43
11-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Personally, I'm not offended by what Jerome had to say. He's not getting paid to be the Steelers cheerleader. He's getting paid to speak the truth and as much as I hate to say it, we are a bad football team. Sugarcoat it, make excuses, start with the woulda, coulda, shoulda's.

I've heard the "We are shooting ourselves in the foot" and "The fumbles are killing us." and "We gave the (insert team name) that game." and "Dumb penalties are killing us." slogans for this season and it still doesn't change the fact that we are 2-6 and playing bad football.

Bad teams commit all of the above. That's part of what makes them a bad team.