PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark

Carolina Steelers
11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I never see him do anything or make any plays at all. Maybe use Logan if hes healthy.

Rotorhead
11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Is he even playing?

stunta86
11-05-2006, 11:46 PM
i've seen him make some big hits, he's also the reason ike has that int, he laid out chris henry and the ball went into ikes hands....i'm surprised ike didn't drop it though lol

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2006, 12:58 AM
I think Ryan Clark has done alright considering learning a new defense and how to play with new teammates. But I think its time to start Anthony Smith. Time to find out if this kid is a player or not.

83-Steelers-43
11-06-2006, 01:12 AM
He's OK if you ask me. He's not all over the field making plays, but he's not getting obviously burned all the time either.

Trust me, I was covering the 49ers for the last few years. You learn to tell the difference.

Much like Chris Hope for the most part, only cheaper and he tackles better than Hope. IMO, Clark is the least of our worries in that backfield. Townsend....Taylor.....

83-Steelers-43
11-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Taylor, not so much. Townsend, I wouldn't mind seeing McFadden in there.

By no means am I stating that our secondary is the main reason for this teams self destruction.

83-Steelers-43
11-06-2006, 02:09 AM
If it was just one game with Townsend, I wouldn't have a problem. See: Atlanta game.

I'm not stating McFadden will come in and turn this season around, but the experience wouldn't hurt. That's if we consider that second round pick part of our future.

IamTheSteelGod
11-06-2006, 03:34 AM
If you all haven't noticed but where do the Steelers get spanked on the ass most.

Answers anyone?

The passing game, those long passes hurt us bad! The oppoasing teams are not soft enough to pass up the middle where to floating safety's and MLB's are. They hit us on our corners who are by no means the best and hurt us there. Townsend and Taylor miss to many tackles.

And I don't know why anyone is rippin Clark for. What did Troy do yesterday? Or more so what has Joey been doing for the last 9 weeks. A couple of sacks and a interception, I would expect the same standard of Chad Brown if they put him in.

Its like someone wrote a Steelers Novel at the begining of the season, and everyone has had a peep at the context. We are just to predictable.

The evidence is game day!

Stlrs4Life
11-06-2006, 07:25 AM
I don't tbink it's Clark, I think it's between Ike and Deshea.

brind666
11-06-2006, 08:19 AM
you dont see him that much but he has played very solid.. just ask chris henry hahahaha

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Teams clearly have figured out Deshea does not have the height or hops to defend the lob pass into the corner of the end zone. He whiffed on the tackle on the reverse but that is going to happen; the coverage skills are a chronic problem that is not going to get any better.

Taylor had a horrible game but with the $$ the Steelers have committed to him he will be playing for awhile (hopefully not in a repeat of the Chad Scott/Dewayne Washington debacle)

I know Townsend is starting over McFadden becuase the coaches think he is better, but the season is gone and the Steelers need to see what their biggest draft needs are for 2007. Need to play McFadden to see if he can go at CB in 2007 or whether CB gets added to the shopping list (along with LB and offensive line)

pittsburgh$teelersfan
11-06-2006, 04:58 PM
so True Atlanta Dan