PDA

View Full Version : Can we finish at least 8-8 (.500)

Carolina Steelers
11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I know were 2-6 and that means we have to win 6 of 8 and with the way we have been playing it looks bleak but just maybe we can turn it around and finish .500

LarryNJ
11-05-2006, 08:27 PM
My guess is 7-9, they just don't seem to have that will to win.

MACH1
11-05-2006, 08:32 PM
nope not gonna happen as much as it kills me to say it

Atlanta Dan
11-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Please do not take this response as being rude (I certainly do not intend to offend), but at this point who cares? I will of course watch all the games becuase that is what a true fan does, but whatever record this disappointing team ends up with is meaningless.

Finishing 6-2 (unlikely) might help this team get its swagger back but higher draft picks from a 6-10 record might help even more.

holmes
11-05-2006, 09:30 PM
You are absolutely correct

MattsMe
11-06-2006, 12:07 AM
This team can finish 10 and 6. They could also finish 2 and 14. They can beat absolutely anyone, and as they have shown this year, they can also lose to absolutely anyone.

Rotorhead
11-06-2006, 12:12 AM
I totally agree we could go 10-6 or 2-14. It most painful to watch this team lose when they show such promise at times. We outplayed the Broncos but the stupid turnovers and penalties just killed us. I just hope the rest of this year is used to find someone else to field punts and kickoffs, cause Holmes is obviously NOT the answer. We need to start playing the up-and-comings this year so we can start replacing the aging O-line next season with some experienced guys. Our receivers are fine, looks like Davenport and Parker will be fine, our Def is alway fine so we need to just work on limiting our mistakes.

Preacher
11-06-2006, 12:34 AM
I totally agree we could go 10-6 or 2-14. It most painful to watch this team lose when they show such promise at times. We outplayed the Broncos but the stupid turnovers and penalties just killed us. I just hope the rest of this year is used to find someone else to field punts and kickoffs, cause Holmes is obviously NOT the answer. We need to start playing the up-and-comings this year so we can start replacing the aging O-line next season with some experienced guys. Our receivers are fine, looks like Davenport and Parker will be fine, our Def is alway fine so we need to just work on limiting our mistakes.

I agree, Holmes is not the answer for our kickoff... though going to be a good receiver. I also agree with the O-line. However, as I have said all over this forum, I disagree with you on the defense. Our LB's are aging and our CB's are HORRIBLE.

PirateSteeler
11-06-2006, 12:40 AM
We would easily be .500 at this point if we started batch... at this point our record doesnt even matter. Lets play for a draft pick.

Borski
11-06-2006, 01:14 AM
You never play for a draft pick, it might help getting a nice pick but it is a disgrace for any team, ESPECIALLY our beloved Steelers to play for a draft pick, thats just says their giving up on their Fans, City, Teammate and the honor of being a PITTSBURGH STEELER!:helmet:

Preacher
11-06-2006, 02:10 AM
You never play for a draft pick, it might help getting a nice pick but it is a disgrace for any team, except the 49ers or the Texans to play for a draft pick There. I fixed it for you.

DOH!

Borski
11-06-2006, 06:02 PM
There. I fixed it for you.
LOL! thanks

SteelerFanInCA
11-06-2006, 06:23 PM

And what's up with Starks? The dude seems like he is getting beat on every play. A man that big should just dominate.

Blitzburgh
11-06-2006, 07:52 PM
We would easily be .500 at this point if we started batch... at this point our record doesnt even matter. Lets play for a draft pick.

Go wash your mouth out with soap son .... this is not how Steeler fans talk. Clearly you don't know your ass from your elbows about football if your calling for Batch over Ben.

Ben is a small part of much bigger problems right now. Ben's woes stem from a team trying to rush him back .... he'll be fine next year.

stillers4me
11-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Go wash your mouth out with soap son .... this is not how Steeler fans talk. Clearly you don't know your ass from your elbows about football if your calling for Batch over Ben.

You took the words out of my mouth. Some of the things people say amaze me....the team doesn't care, Cowher doesn't care, bench Ben, :blah: :blah: :blah: