PDA

View Full Version : Bring in Charlie!!!

R2sojr
11-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Bens needs to take his ass a seat and play Charlie..i mean the seasons done already so y not??

LarryNJ
11-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Because Ben is your QB this year and in the future and Charlie is a back up. It's as simple as that.

Carolina Steelers
11-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Are you serious Ben is the QB now and the future this season will help him in the future I really like Batch but he is a back up.

PAMillerGrrl83
11-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Ben did not play horribly today. He could've done better it wasnt incredibly bad. It would be stupid to sit Ben now.

NV STEELERS 723
11-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Enough with the bench Ben comments... I'm bored with it.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Benching your future for a backup, hmmm. Why? Ben played good today. What would Batch have done better? Stopped Holmes from dropping the ball on every return? Keeping Ward from dropping a touchdown into the hands of the defense? C'mon, get a grip.

stunta86
11-05-2006, 08:46 PM
i agree, sitting ben for a career back up would be the dumbest thing in the world....this is gonna humble ben and make him a better qb for the future...also ben did badass today, completing 70% of his 54 passes, sure he had three picks, and i know i keep saying this, but i have too so it will sink in y'alls head that he didn't play bad.....that second pick was a great pick, we would've punted it anyway, and that 3rd pick didn't matter at all cause well it was the end of the game

VegasStlrFan
11-05-2006, 08:56 PM
If we bring in Chuck it better be to play CB or a special teams return man, not QB. Ben has been less than stellar this year, but the only way he will get through his funk is by playing. Ike & Deshea have always been a weak link on defense and Holmes is pathetic returning the ball. I think Chuck would have a legit chance at a starting job in those spots.

SteelCzar76
11-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Bens needs to take his ass a seat and play Charlie..i mean the seasons done already so y not??

I will always be loyal to Cowher (he's a stand up guy and players coach) But do you really think that the same guy whom let Kordell kill us for years,.... would actually bench the smalltown midwestern golden boy (whom all the ladies of western P.A and Ohio Love),......
no matter how terribly he plays now or in the future ?
Especially after a season of managing the offense to the Superbowl on the backs of the O-line, the Ground game, big plays on Defense and special teams,.. and playcalling.

Don't be ridiculous LMAO

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-05-2006, 09:00 PM

What are you talking about.......Go find another team to jump onto

Need4spd
11-05-2006, 09:03 PM
I agree with all of the above. However, once this season is officially in the books, in other words once the Steelers have been mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs I would be in favor of sitting Ben down. When you consider what he has been through beginning with his motorcycle accident up until now, I think it would be a good idea to use a measured amount of caution with him. Generally I would say play him. Why not right? Well, there are extenuating circumstances to consider with dealing with Ben at this point. Just for the sake of argument let's say the Steelers are officially eliminated from the playoffs in week 13. Where would the Steelers be if in week 16 in a completely meaningless game, he goes out there and suffers a Daunte Culpepper/Carson Palmer like knee injury, or even suffers another concussion? Ben is unequivocally the future of this franchise. He is a damn good quarterback in case those of you with extremely short memories didn't already know that, and to have him risk any type of further detrimental injury would be down right foolish. Here's to a completely healthy Ben Roethlisberger in 2007, and yes, I approved this message. :thumbsup:

MACH1
11-05-2006, 09:18 PM
I say play BB the rest of the way. Since this season is pretty much over, keep him in there cause he needs the work and maybe this time next year he'll have that INT thing out of his system by then.:hope: :hunch:

ytsan2q
11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
What good would it do to bench Ben now? Charlie Batch is about 33 yrs old. His days in the NFL, even as a back up are numbered. We probably need to look at getting a younger back up next year. Brady Quinn would be nice.

Need4spd
11-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Just for the sake of argument let's say the Steelers are officially eliminated from the playoffs in week 13. Where would the Steelers be if in week 16 in a completely meaningless game, he goes out there and suffers a Daunte Culpepper/Carson Palmer like knee injury, or even suffers another concussion? Ben is unequivocally the future of this franchise. He is a damn good quarterback in case those of you with extremely short memories didn't already know that, and to have him risk any type of further detrimental injury would be down right foolish. Here's to a completely healthy Ben Roethlisberger in 2007, and yes, I approved this message. :thumbsup:

:smile:

Eztarget
11-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Are you stupid? Guy threw for over 400 yards today and if his receivers didn't put two balls on the ground inside the 5 yard line we win easily today.

Man_Of_Steel
11-05-2006, 10:45 PM
You don't see the Packers benching their franchise QB do you?

SteelCzar76
11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
We probably need to look at getting a younger back up next year. Brady Quinn would be nice.

"No,...No,....such reason, gut's and vision,.....are Heresy"! Speak not of such things,.....for Big Ben is the greatest Quarterback to have graced a playing field anywhere at any point in the history of football.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Preacher
11-06-2006, 02:20 AM

:cya:

U TELL EM WILLIE!

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 02:28 AM
You don't see the Packers benching their franchise QB do you?

I'm glad I read all of the replies before I posted. This is exactly what I was going to say.

Putting Ben on the bench would be silly. May I ask to the OP......how will the Steelers benefit from benching their franchise QB?

-Mike

brind666
11-06-2006, 09:21 AM
batch is god!!!!

Buzz05
11-06-2006, 11:07 AM
batch is god!!!!

What kind of drugs are you on? There is a reason he is a back up.

MACH1
11-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Batch is the back up. Which part of that dont you understand????

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 12:31 PM
OK, now the OP is just messing with us.

-Mike

sumo
11-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Are you stupid? Guy threw for over 400 yards today and if his receivers didn't put two balls on the ground inside the 5 yard line we win easily today.

Exactly - also we run the ball more because were not coming from behind etc etc and the INTs aren't there -- Ben is the future - embrace it

R2sojr
11-06-2006, 02:25 PM

find another team to jump onto??...im a die hard steeler fan..im just not scared to tell the truth...he has been playin horrible and only his 433 passing yards covered up his 3ints...ppl need to quit kissing bens ass and be real here...and i dont care if i get banned for stating the truth!!!

R2sojr
11-06-2006, 02:29 PM

and bigbenwillie im not some damn bandwagon fan so maybe u should know facts before you call someone that...not everyone is a bw fan and states what there opinion is...bein a die hard steeler fan doesnt mean u gotta kiss there ass no matter what...

stillers4me
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
find another team to jump onto??...im a die hard steeler fan..im just not scared to tell the truth...he has been playin horrible and only his 433 passing yards covered up his 3ints...ppl need to quit kissing bens ass and be real here...and i dont care if i get banned for stating the truth!!!

Truth and opinion are 2 different things.

While a good quarterback cannot win a game alone, neither do they lose one.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
and bigbenwillie im not some damn bandwagon fan so maybe u should know facts before you call someone that...not everyone is a bw fan and states what there opinion is...bein a die hard steeler fan doesnt mean u gotta kiss there ass no matter what...

Ben is the future of our franchise.......Why would you pull him........He is a better Qb then Batc........If you want to say Batch may be the best back up in the game right now I would agree..........But to place him ahead of Ben???
Remember......Ben never went through a learning curve as a QB.....He never went through a losing streak...........Hes finding out how that feels......He has had instant sucess from day 1..........This is a great learning experience for him.....YOU DONT PULL HIM...
Plus........Ben seems to always have a Play in him

Eztarget
11-06-2006, 04:31 PM

The only INT that was bad was the first one to Champ Bailey when we could have kicked a FG. One was on a 3rd and long from mid field and served just as good as a punt pinning the Bronco's on the 5 yard line. Here's a thought ... on that play how about Ward come back to the ball and try to catch it, or at least break it up. He was just standing there watching it get picked on the replays.

The last one was at the end of the game and was meaningless.

Ben was NOT the problems yesterday.

SteelerFanInCA
11-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Benching your future for a backup, hmmm. Why? Ben played good today. What would Batch have done better? Stopped Holmes from dropping the ball on every return? Keeping Ward from dropping a touchdown into the hands of the defense? C'mon, get a grip.

Exactly!!!!

The thought of bringing in Batch is a joke. Let Ben continue to gain experience and build off of the remainder of the season.

PisnNapalm
11-06-2006, 07:47 PM

BEN IS OUR QUARTERBACK. end of discussion.

No f'ing way I'd bench Ben if he can play. Since the season is over as you say why not give your 3rd year FRANCHISE QB some more experience?

Preacher
11-06-2006, 11:24 PM
BEN IS OUR QUARTERBACK. end of discussion.

No f'ing way I'd bench Ben if he can play. Since the season is over as you say why not give your 3rd year FRANCHISE QB some more experience?

DOH! That is what one calls Logic!

MACH1
11-07-2006, 02:28 AM
Exactly!!!!

The thought of bringing in Batch is a joke. Let Ben continue to gain experience and build off of the remainder of the season.

Can't put it any better. Ben needs the experience to build off of and in the long run its only going to make him better.

Prosdo
11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm getting really sick of people saying bench Ben. Benching Ben does not solve all our problems. That will not cause Holmes to hold onto a ball, that will not cause Willie to run better up the middle, and it will not cause ST to play better. Ben is trying to hard to make plays. Once he relaxes he will be fine.

herewegosteelers
11-07-2006, 02:11 PM

Bench OUR QB. Are you serious. MY lord enough already!!!:pissed:

Preacher
11-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Well....

I guess this discussion is about over!!:dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang:

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-07-2006, 02:57 PM

Step away from the pipe... they do have meetings for people like you ... NA !! I hope you don't break your leg jumping off the bandwagon !!! :dang:

ROYND1
11-07-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm riding with Ben!!! :thumbsup: Give the guy a break he's had a crazy year and the kids only 24.Gees.:banging: Ben is the present and the future! :helmet: