PDA

View Full Version : Ben and the passing game is improving nicely

Rush58
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
This may surprise many, but I was encourage from what I saw out of Ben today. Recognizing coverages, changing plays, and just doing a great job of running the offense. Ben is getting use to throwing the ball a lot. I say Ben will get hot by the end of the season and his play will steam roll into next season.

PisnNapalm
11-05-2006, 08:17 PM
I hope so.... However, I don't want Ben throwing 40 times a game. I want our running back rushing 40 times a game.

Atlanta Dan
11-05-2006, 08:19 PM
It is 2003 all over again; they have given up on the running game and throw virtually every down- throw for 400 yards and you are going to get turnovers as a part of the mix.

Ben made a number of good throws but in addition to the 3 INTs that he threw there could have been at least 2 more INTs, not to mention the misadventure at the goal line that could have been a safety or turnover. Like the season itself, some highlights but far too many mistakes.

Contrast Ben's game with thw show Brady and Manning are putting on tonight and you can see how far Ben has to go.

stillers4me
11-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm not worried about Ben. I really think this team is going to pick up steam the last half of the season......yeah, too late for a playoff run but I'll enjoy watching them ruining a few other teams seasons. I'm in for the long haul....and I plan to live a long, long time. Steeler football has always been a rollercoaster ride......and I've seen well over 30 seasons since my teenage years. We as Steeler fans having been blessed with 5 SuperBowl wins and countless other winning seasons. You can't win them all, folks. And having Ben for the long haul sounds good to me.

blackngoldbaby
11-05-2006, 08:24 PM
This may surprise many, but I was encourage from what I saw out of Ben today. Recognizing coverages, changing plays, and just doing a great job of running the offense. Ben is getting use to throwing the ball a lot. I say Ben will get hot by the end of the season and his play will steam roll into next season.

it doesnt suprise me i saw the same thing i was very proud of ben for the most part yeah i know he had 3 picks but his decision making was better and he was making nice throws and plus he threw for almost 400 yards he was doing alot better today and each game he will get even better!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 09:02 PM
It is 2003 all over again; they have given up on the running game and throw virtually every down- throw for 400 yards and you are going to get turnovers as a part of the mix.

Ben made a number of good throws but in addition to the 3 INTs that he threw there could have been at least 2 more INTs, not to mention the misadventure at the goal line that could have been a safety or turnover. Like the season itself, some highlights but far too many mistakes.

Contrast Ben's game with thw show Brady and Manning are putting on tonight and you can see how far Ben has to go.

Dude don't make me puke with the Brady and Manning comments. Yes they both are great QB's but I willing to cut Ben some slack. He is a very beat up young man right now. His body has been through alot. Plus mentally he has been through alot also. I don't he is as far as you think he is. Sure Ben is far from a finished product as a QB. Sure he takes to many chances. But Brett Favre use to do the same thing as a young QB before he became an elite QB. I never want Ben to lose that gun slinger attitude. I don't think coaches told Johnny Unitas or Joe Namath to watch their INT's back in the day. I thought over all Ben played well today despite being behind the 8 ball early in today's game.

As for Golden Boy Peyton Manning it really isn't impressive what he does in the regular season anymore. He is always great in the regular season. I would hope he would be anyway since Peyton always has had alot of talent around on the offensive side of the ball. Even if the Colts win tonight its meaningless if the Colts go home early in the playoffs again this year. Which they will with that impressive 3-6 record that Peyton has in the playoffs.

Glace
11-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Ben is our franchise QB......I do not want to see him benched for Batch.

You telling me Bradshaw never had a bad year?

Peyton Manning has taken his lumps.....

Cowher is right.....going through this is only going to make Ben grow as a QB.

steel#1
11-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Ben is improving nicely. I'm really tired of all the comments to bench Ben. Really everybody needs to quit comparing him to Manning and Brady. They have been in the league a lot longer than Ben. BTW if you want to compare him, know that in the first 2 1/2 years in the NFL only Dan Marino started off with better stats. Everyone needs to remember that without him we wouldn't have our 5th ring. So the team is doing poorly this year, it's a young team at a lot of positions. Holmes-rookie, Washington-2cnd year, etc. They will bounce back, even if we have to wait until next year. Heck, where are we going anyway, if you're like me, you've been a fan for years, so hang in there. Personally, I happen to think that they have put too much pressure on themselves and are trying to hard. They just need to mature. Go Steelers.

skinart82
11-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Ben looked great today. It was nice to watch him scramble again, it shows he's not afraid anymore. Overall good game, but it was the turnovers and inability to finish in the redzone that got them again.

Preacher
11-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Hey.... If any of you have the game on TIVO... or taped, go back and watch. If I remember right, 2 of the 3 turnovers were caused by the O-line breaking down. The third one? It was a third and long. the interception was down by the goal line. That is just as good if not better then a punt!

Go back and check the tapes... I could be wrong, but it did stand out to me today.