PDA

View Full Version : The magic is over

Hines0wnz
11-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Peyton and the Colts have figured out how to beat the Patriots and Belichek.

:thumbsup: :cheers:

27-20, Colts win

MACH1
11-06-2006, 12:09 AM
The Pats find out that turnovers kill.

Livinginthe past
11-06-2006, 12:10 AM
We'll see how they manage in the playoffs - your 'new team' doesnt have such a great record against New England when the loser goes home.

Really Hines - talking smack on behalf of a team that is not even in your division is a real sign of desperation, and lets face it - the Steelers arent giving you much ammo to fight with are they?

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Peyton and the Colts have figured out how to beat the Patriots and Belichek.

:thumbsup: :cheers:

27-20, Colts win

Its the regular season so I say who cares. The Golden Boy Peyton Manning and is impressive 3-6 playoff record still stick out in my mind. Until the Colts and Peyton Manning get it done in the playoffs then I will continue to think that the Colts are not on the Pats level.

Tankus_Maximus
11-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I compare Peyton to A-Rod.

You can have all these monster-fantasy stats all season long, but come the playoffs....he's nowhere to be found.

Hines0wnz
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
We'll see how they manage in the playoffs - your 'new team' doesnt have such a great record against New England when the loser goes home.

Really Hines - talking smack on behalf of a team that is not even in your division is a real sign of desperation, and lets face it - the Steelers arent giving you much ammo to fight with are they?

NM

The Colts are not my new team, I dont play that. However, I do favor any team versus the Pats. My point is that the Jeanie is out the bottle when it comes to the Pat's and Belichek's "mystique." Sure they had Peyton's number the last several years but he looked very poised and confident last night, I know you saw that too. That makes two wins in a row over the Pats for the Colts and Broncos, when was the last time any team has done that since Belichek has been the HC? Perhaps never?

Desperation? No, I have never liked the Pats and seeing them lose goes right up there with the Steelers winning. They are a solid #3 or #2 seed, if Denver slides, but I dont see them as a SB team. Baltimore will eat them up if they meet in the playoffs. How much does Brady miss Branch now? :wink02:

stlrtruck
11-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I'd rather see the Patriots get their 4th title than to see a AFCN opponent win the SB!!!!

Livinginthe past
11-06-2006, 02:05 PM
The Colts are not my new team, I dont play that. However, I do favor any team versus the Pats. My point is that the Jeanie is out the bottle when it comes to the Pat's and Belichek's "mystique." Sure they had Peyton's number the last several years but he looked very poised and confident last night, I know you saw that too. That makes two wins in a row over the Pats for the Colts and Broncos, when was the last time any team has done that since Belichek has been the HC? Perhaps never?

Desperation? No, I have never liked the Pats and seeing them lose goes right up there with the Steelers winning. They are a solid #3 or #2 seed, if Denver slides, but I dont see them as a SB team. Baltimore will eat them up if they meet in the playoffs. How much does Brady miss Branch now? :wink02:

Seeing the Patriots lose goes right up there with seeing the Steelers win?

Did I read that right?

I guess while you've been so busy hating on New England you have failed to realise that not only do they have a tremendous record against opponents that they meet for a 2nd time in a season but that the regular season is spent working towards a finished product.

The Colts on the other hand are as good as they are ever going to be - Peyton had a nice game last night, but can he do it again when its sudden death?

The AFCN has to be the most overrated division in football this year - the Steelers have made the single worst attempt at repeating in history, the Bengals are going backwards at a rate of knots and Baltimore.......That team would be treated by the Patriots with the sort of disdain that they normally save for the likes of Jacksonville.

I guess cheering Patriots losses as hard as Steelers wins has been doubly unfulfilling this year - instead of being 2-6 you are 4-12 - hows that feel?

NM

stillers4me
11-06-2006, 02:16 PM
I'd rather see the Patriots get their 4th title than to see a AFCN opponent win the SB!!!!

I agree..........no Ben-gal or Ratbird superbowl champs!!! (ugggh........I could barely type that out)

PAMillerGrrl83
11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
I hate the Patriots and nothings gonna change my mind, I agree with the statement that seeing the Pats loose is like watching the Steelers win. Its time someone took some air out of their little pillow of superiority.

Livinginthe past
11-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I hate the Patriots and nothings gonna change my mind, I agree with the statement that seeing the Pats loose is like watching the Steelers win. Its time someone took some air out of their little pillow of superiority.

I suppose it would be ideal if that team was the Steelers?

Never mind.

There's always next year.

NM

Stillers#1
11-07-2006, 12:22 AM

Then you aren't a true fan. That sounds like something a bungles fan would say about us. Steelers fans are better than that. Besides, I would rather see Peyton lose than Brady any day of the week. But I would rather the Steelers win then those teams lose.

HometownGal
11-07-2006, 08:33 AM
the Steelers have made the single worst attempt at repeating in history

You'd better go back and dive into the "history" books there, LITP. Super Bowl XXXIII was won by the Denver Broncos and the following season, they started out 2-6 and ended up with a 6-10 record overall, so we obviously aren't alone. There are also several other past defending SB Champs who began dismally the following season, but I did remember the Broncs' fall the following season after winning XXXIII.

I would cheer on the Pats long before I cheered on the Bungles or Rats if any of those teams make it to the big game. I don't think I'm going to have to worry about cheering for any of those teams in this year's SB (sorry LITP) but I respect the Pats' team and HC (though I am not overly fond of Belichick) far more than either of the thug brigade teams or their HCs who permeate our division.

meanjoecoop
11-07-2006, 08:47 AM
You'd better go back and dive into the "history" books there, LITP. Super Bowl XXXIII was won by the Denver Broncos and the following season, they started out 2-6 and ended up with a 6-10 record overall, so we obviously aren't alone. There are also several other past defending SB Champs who began dismally the following season, but I did remember the Broncs' fall the following season after winning XXXIII.

SMACK! LITP Just got served! Nice shut down HG, you go girl! :jammin:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/meanjoecoop/Untitled-1.jpg

HometownGal
11-07-2006, 09:16 AM

LMAO!!! Joe -that signature is priceless!!! :toofunny:

I wasn't trying to be insensitive or disrespectful to LITP - he may not have remembered that several other SB Champs haven't lived up to defending their SB titles the following season, but the Broncs season stood out because I was an *gasp* Elway fan - and I followed the Broncs pretty closely back then. :smile: When the Steelers played the Broncs, though, I didn't mind if they turned Elway into a turf pizza, though. :jammin:

stlrtruck
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM
I believe it was the 49ers (in a strike shortened season) that startd off 1-7.

meanjoecoop
11-07-2006, 09:25 AM
LMAO!!! Joe -that signature is priceless!!! :toofunny:

I wasn't trying to be insensitive or disrespectful to LITP - he may not have remembered that several other SB Champs haven't lived up to defending their SB titles the following season, but the Broncs season stood out because I was an *gasp* Elway fan - and I followed the Broncs pretty closely back then. :smile: When the Steelers played the Broncs, though, I didn't mind if they turned Elway into a turf pizza, though. :jammin:

You schooled him. No disrespect. Lesson of the day: Dont post smack without doin' your homework!

Class dismissed teacher?

http://www.house.gov/hyde/images/apple_a.jpg

Livinginthe past
11-07-2006, 02:12 PM

I would cheer on the Pats long before I cheered on the Bungles or Rats if any of those teams make it to the big game. I don't think I'm going to have to worry about cheering for any of those teams in this year's SB (sorry LITP) but I respect the Pats' team and HC (though I am not overly fond of Belichick) far more than either of the thug brigade teams or their HCs who permeate our division.

Hey HTG,

I'll give you that one (nice catch) - the Bronco's did indeed have a record as bad as this years Steelers - I guess that makes them joint worse at this stage.

I think the Patriots are going to the playoffs - its a whole new ball game at that stage as Pittsburgh showed last year - we'll see how that one pans out.

NM

Livinginthe past
11-07-2006, 02:14 PM
You schooled him. No disrespect. Lesson of the day: Dont post smack without doin' your homework!

Class dismissed teacher?

http://www.house.gov/hyde/images/apple_a.jpg

I think you know where you can stick that apple MJC :wink02:

NM

HometownGal
11-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey HTG,

I'll give you that one (nice catch) - the Bronco's did indeed have a record as bad as this years Steelers - I guess that makes them joint worse at this stage.

I think the Patriots are going to the playoffs - its a whole new ball game at that stage as Pittsburgh showed last year - we'll see how that one pans out.

NM

No problem LITP - I figured you just forgot about the Broncs. There is another team who started at 2-6 after they won a Super Bowl the previous season, but I can't off hand remember who it was.

Back to back Super Bowl victories are often predicted and sometimes expected, but with free agency, aging players and unforeseen injuries, repeating is indeed a tough task. The Steelers have repeated twice - the Pats once, and there are 5 other NFL teams who have also accomplished repeats since Super Bowl I. I believe a lot of fans don't take into account the fact that the two Super Bowl teams each season play several additional games which are a lot more intense and stressful than regular season matchups which can leave the best of teams physically battered and mentally drained. I commend those teams - including the Pats - who have accomplished this difficult task.

I don't doubt for one minute that the Pats are going to the playoffs, but as I stated above, I do not, at this moment, see them going to this season's Super Bowl. If by chance they prove me wrong, I'll eat my crow - that's a promise! :wink02:

Livinginthe past
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
No problem LITP - I figured you just forgot about the Broncs. There is another team who started at 2-6 after they won a Super Bowl the previous season, but I can't off hand remember who it was.

Back to back Super Bowl victories are often predicted and sometimes expected, but with free agency, aging players and unforeseen injuries, repeating is indeed a tough task. The Steelers have repeated twice - the Pats once, and there are 5 other NFL teams who have also accomplished repeats since Super Bowl I. I believe a lot of fans don't take into account the fact that the two Super Bowl teams each season play several additional games which are a lot more intense and stressful than regular season matchups which can leave the best of teams physically battered and mentally drained. I commend those teams which have accomplished repeat SB victories - including the Pats - who have accomplished this difficult task.

I don't doubt for one minute that the Pats are going to the playoffs, but as I stated above, I do not, at this moment, see them going to this season's Super Bowl. If by chance they prove me wrong, I'll eat my crow - that's a promise! :wink02:

Valid points HTG - I bet the regular season can be a real comedown after the thrills of a playoff run - especially the one the Steelers had last year.

I wouldnt expect you to have to 'eat crow' for not thinking the Patriots will make the Superbowl - only one AFC team can make it - and the Patriots certainly aren't the best team in the AFC at this point.

NM

meanjoecoop
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I think you know where you can stick that apple MJC :wink02:

NM

:rofl: LOL :tt03:

sumo
11-07-2006, 04:53 PM

WOW - HTGal --- BigD was right - quit telling everybody you're a 40 something fan - you have now been officially outed with this picture

Hines0wnz
11-08-2006, 01:56 AM
I guess while you've been so busy hating on New England you have failed to realise that not only do they have a tremendous record against opponents that they meet for a 2nd time in a season but that the regular season is spent working towards a finished product.

That is quite a stat but the Pats dont have the horses to do it this year. Sorry. If the playoffs started this weekend (and assuming the Pats win their wild card game) they would have to go to Denver and then to Indy to make it to the SB. Not happening. ESPN and others like to say "dont bet against Brady & Belichek" well, the luster is gone.

The AFCN has to be the most overrated division in football this year - the Steelers have made the single worst attempt at repeating in history, the Bengals are going backwards at a rate of knots and Baltimore.......That team would be treated by the Patriots with the sort of disdain that they normally save for the likes of Jacksonville.

Yes, the AFC North stinks, unless you are a Raven fan. If McNair stays healthy they will be a tough out in the playoffs. But with their defense it would be difficult not to favor them. You best hope NE gets Jax in the playoffs because KC (LJ) and SD (LT) will be interesting opponents to say the least.

floodcitygirl
11-08-2006, 08:59 AM
WOW - HTGal --- BigD was right - quit telling everybody you're a 40 something fan - you have now been officially outed with this pictureWho says she can't look like that at 40ish????? :hunch:

stillers4me
11-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Who says she can't look like that at 40ish????? :hunch:

yeah....what she said!!!

Hines0wnz
11-12-2006, 06:07 PM
and the Patriots certainly aren't the best team in the AFC at this point.

And they just lost 2 in a row, the Pats nation must be beside themselves! :wink02:

Livinginthe past
11-12-2006, 06:22 PM
And they just lost 2 in a row, the Pats nation must be beside themselves! :wink02:

Yeah, 'Patriot Nation' must be the biggest worry you have right now.

Ha ha.

NM

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah, 'Patriot Nation' must be the biggest worry you have right now.

Ha ha.

NMkeep up litp. :dang:

this thread isnt about steelers or their fans.

Livinginthe past
11-12-2006, 06:56 PM
keep up litp. :dang:

Where did I mention the Steelers?

That would be you who done that.

Thanks. :sofunny:

NM

Big D
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
WOW - HTGal --- BigD was right - quit telling everybody you're a 40 something fan - you have now been officially outed with this picture

I'm telling you I know sh!t like that. Doesnt that teacher look give her a striking resemblence to the teacher off of varsity blues?

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Where did I mention the Steelers?

That would be you who done that.

Thanks. :sofunny:

NM

keep up litp.

Yeah, 'Patriot Nation' must be the biggest worry you you have right now.

reading comprehension is your friend.

:sofunny: 'thanks"

Livinginthe past
11-12-2006, 07:24 PM
reading comprehension is your friend.

:sofunny: 'thanks"

Ha ha reading comprehension is it again Tony?

You really need some new material.

Hey anyway, you'll be able to tell me how I can reply to a Steelers fan without bringing the fact im replying to a Steelers fan into the equation.

Its embarrassing watching you grope desperately for a foothold in this thread.

Truly cringe-worthy stuff.

NM

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2006, 07:45 PM
THE MAGIC IS COMING BACK!

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Ha ha reading comprehension is it again Tony?

You really need some new material.

NM

lol. maybe it is you who actually needs to learn how to read. :wink02:

stillers4me
11-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Poof!! I saw some magic today!

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2006, 09:00 PM
The magic is coming back!

Stillers#1
11-12-2006, 09:28 PM
I thought this was about the magic Tom Brady had against the Colts......

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2006, 09:31 PM
I thought this was about the magic Tom Brady had against the Colts......

We Changed the subject of Magic.

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 11:40 PM
We Changed the subject of Magic.magic johnson is coming on tom bradys back???? :confused:

steelcurtain09
11-13-2006, 12:04 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/images/173032/0_21_081205_PamelaRogersTurner.jpg
looks kinda like her. Pamela Rogers. the teacher who had sex wit her teacher

sory HTG