PDA

View Full Version : Lose From Now On!!

SuckItUp
11-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I hate to be the guy to say this, but doesn't it make more sence at this point to just keep the losses coming??? After all...at this pace we're on schedule to get the first overall pick of the entire 2007 draft!

Even if we traded down, I'm sure that would go a long way to fix some holes!

stunta86
11-06-2006, 12:42 AM
but we don't have any real big holes the fix........we could easily be 7-1.....the jags are the only team that beat us straight up, all these other loses were because of stupidity on our part......plus, i don't follow college football to much just UT, is there anyone really worth losing all the games for.....i know calvin johnson might be but we are pretty much set at wr

Da Steeler Soprano
11-06-2006, 01:27 AM
I said it once and ill say it again Paul Poszlunsky linebacker from Penn State, dude is a monster. Hands down the best linebacker in college football right now and will fill the big hole when Pezzy abandons ship.

stunta86
11-06-2006, 01:28 AM
I said it once and ill say it again Paul Poszlunsky linebacker from Penn State, dude is a monster. Hands down the best linebacker in college football right now and will fill the big hole when Pezzy abandons ship.

is he the one that always has that cut on his nose???

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 01:33 AM
No way on throwing the season. There is not one college player out there worth tossing the next eight games.

DSS..........What makes you think Porter is gone?

-Mike

holmes
11-06-2006, 01:37 AM
This must be a joke. We aren't cleveland. Cleveland plays for draft picks year in and year out, and look what is happening up there. It rarely, rarely happens here. We have to keep playing hard and whatever happens, happens.

SteelersWoman
11-06-2006, 01:51 AM
..........What makes you think Porter is gone?

Joey said in an interview before this season started, that he wanted to go elsewhere because he feels he's not being paid what he's worth. He only stayed because Bill talked him into it. I definitely got the feelin that this year is his last with the Steelers.

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Joey said in an interview before this season started, that he wanted to go elsewhere because he feels he's not being paid what he's worth. He only stayed because Bill talked him into it. I definitely got the feelin that this year is his last with the Steelers.

Thank you for the info SW.

OUCH! Now this really sucks. I am a huge Porter fan. I love the guy like no other Steeler. I was OK with a few other defensive players walking away over the years, but not this time. We can't just keep letting these guys leave like it is no big deal. Besides, I don't see any studs on the sideline waiting to take his place.

I am getting more and more depressed as I hang around.

-Mike

stlrtruck
11-06-2006, 07:47 AM
How do you fix turnovers? It certainly isn't in the draft.

pucho58
11-06-2006, 08:41 AM
You play to win the game; You play to win the game.:wink02:

Buzz05
11-06-2006, 08:45 AM

I completely agree. You cant fix mental errors in general with the draft. Even though it would be a dream come true to see Poz in the black and gold...i doubt it would happen. Keep in mind we need more then just a stud linebacker...such an an O-line. One thing this team needs more then anything though...is leadership

slashsteel
11-06-2006, 09:46 AM
We should use lose for draft status ? ? I never want to hear this from a Steelerfan. We put teams on the field to win. Even if we miss the playoffs I want our team to try and win out. Diehard Steeler fanatics we except nothing less...................................

gregstephens
11-06-2006, 09:49 AM

Are you kidding? Over James Laurinaitis? Not a chance.

Big D
11-06-2006, 09:52 AM
We should use lose for draft status ? ? I never want to hear this from a Steelerfan. We put teams on the field to win. Even if we miss the playoffs I want our team to try and win out. Diehard Steeler fanatics we except nothing less...................................

I agree. We arent bengal fans here kids.....

Buzz05
11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Are you kidding? Over James Laurinaitis? Not a chance.

Well Considering james Laurinaitis is only a soph. I dont think he'll be coming into the draft this year. Besides, I would take Poz over any LB in college right now. I would even take Dan Connor over most...but Conner will prob. stay for his sr. year.

Big D
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM

exactly!!! You cant fix bens confidence in the draft either. I have concerns that with everything going on that it will ruin bens confidence. I thought he had a good game yesterday. I didnt think whisenhunt called a very balanced game. For the amount of attempts ben had he could have had a hell of alot more ints. I think next year things will get back on track and we will be back in the playoffs where we belong

Mosca
11-06-2006, 10:07 AM
What we need is for Santonio to spend the entire off season working on his hand and forearm strength. EVERYONE is going after the ball on this guy, on every tackle.

Otherwise, we could use one gamebreaking receiver. There are SEVERAL guys like that available coming up; SI did a pictoral of the top 10. Ward is great, but we need a guy who can stretch the field and catch the ball at the end.

You don't need to use a first round pick to get a great lineman or linebacker, you need that first rounder for a great skills position player. Even if we fall to 14th, we should be able to get a guy who makes us forget about Quincy Morgan, Nate Washington, and maybe even Santonio Holmes and Willie Reid.

It WILL come together. On ESPN's M&M this morning, Greenie was saying about how much better the Settlers were than Denver, how we pushed them all over the field and dominated almost every aspect of the game... but that it shows that you can't turn the ball over like that in this league and expect to win, not against a team like Denver and not even against a team like Oakland.

Tom

gregstephens
11-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Well Considering james Laurinaitis is only a soph. I dont think he'll be coming into the draft this year. Besides, I would take Poz over any LB in college right now. I would even take Dan Connor over most...but Conner will prob. stay for his sr. year.

The original quote I responded to was that Poz is the best LB in college football, period. I agree Poz may be the best available in the draft, but Laurinaitis is still possibly the best on the field in college today...and he will only get better, which will be scary next year.

Big D
11-06-2006, 10:11 AM
I think if we get a wide reciever we will be set. I think willie parker is getting better every game. We need to give ben mulitple options during the game. And start using heath miller the way the chargers use antonio gates. This team isnt as bad of shape as some of you think they are. Just missing a piece or two of the puzzel.

stlrtruck
11-06-2006, 10:15 AM
I completely agree. You cant fix mental errors in general with the draft. Even though it would be a dream come true to see Poz in the black and gold...i doubt it would happen. Keep in mind we need more then just a stud linebacker...such an an O-line. One thing this team needs more then anything though...is leadership

And leadership begins with the coach and with veteran players. Neither which have stepped up to take on the role this year!!!

BUCKEYE4EVER
11-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Guys I agree their is no player worth 8 more losses . But if their going to lose 6 more it might just as well be 8. The Steelers will be officially entered in the A. Peterson sweepstakes their is not a better player in college football a RB for another 10 to 12 years. As far as Poz he isn't even the best LB on his team that would be D. Connors. C. Johnson would be a good pick along with D. Jarrett. I just don't see them passing up a RB with the potential of AP could be our next Franco/ Bettis.

caseydog
11-06-2006, 10:42 AM
I agree that we have the players we need to win. The players just need to execute better. Last year's team was a Cinderella story. To move from that to being a Dynasty, a team has to go out and play solid football every week, like a game-winning machine.

Right now, all their hard work and talent is being negated by careless mistakes -- dropped balls, stupid penalties and interceptions.

As a long-time fan, is hurts me to watch the Steelers defense stop a team on third down, only to have the first down given to the opposition because a Steeler kicks a guy on the ground after the play. If we are going to sacrifice this year's schedule for next year, then why not just bench any player who does a bonehead thing like that for the rest of the game -- send a message that you better put your brain in gear, or you can put your butt on the bench.

G

Big D
11-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Guys I agree their is no player worth 8 more losses . But if their going to lose 6 more it might just as well be 8. The Steelers will be officially entered in the A. Peterson sweepstakes their is not a better player in college football a RB for another 10 to 12 years. As far as Poz he isn't even the best LB on his team that would be D. Connors. C. Johnson would be a good pick along with D. Jarrett. I just don't see them passing up a RB with the potential of AP could be our next Franco/ Bettis.

First of all if we are in the position to draft adrian peterson i hope we would pass on him. He is very injury prone. I would rather lose 1-2 more games the rest of the season and stick within the 10-20 in the draft then lose anymore and get a top ten pick. I believe in pride over a draft pick

Buzz05
11-06-2006, 11:00 AM
As far as Poz he isn't even the best LB on his team that would be D. Connors.

Connors has more sacks yes..Poz just set the record for career tackles at PSU. That is something to say right there. Poz was also just switched to middle linebacker before the seaon so he isnt going on blitzes like connors but is still leading the team in tackles or very close to it. Im not saying your wrong, there are just a few things to consider. Connors is a stud dont get wrong, but I think he will stay another year anyway.

MACH1
11-06-2006, 11:38 AM
didnt we give away a pick to the pats for a RB that we cut?

sumo
11-06-2006, 02:07 PM
but we don't have any real big holes the fix........we could easily be 7-1.....the jags are the only team that beat us straight up, all these other loses were because of stupidity on our part......plus, i don't follow college football to much just UT, is there anyone really worth losing all the games for.....i know calvin johnson might be but we are pretty much set at wr

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

sumo
11-06-2006, 02:14 PM
What we need is for Santonio to spend the entire off season working on his hand and forearm strength. EVERYONE is going after the ball on this guy, on every tackle.

Otherwise, we could use one gamebreaking receiver. There are SEVERAL guys like that available coming up; SI did a pictoral of the top 10. Ward is great, but we need a guy who can stretch the field and catch the ball at the end.

You don't need to use a first round pick to get a great lineman or linebacker, you need that first rounder for a great skills position player. Even if we fall to 14th, we should be able to get a guy who makes us forget about Quincy Morgan, Nate Washington, and maybe even Santonio Holmes and Willie Reid.

It WILL come together. On ESPN's M&M this morning, Greenie was saying about how much better the Settlers were than Denver, how we pushed them all over the field and dominated almost every aspect of the game... but that it shows that you can't turn the ball over like that in this league and expect to win, not against a team like Denver and not even against a team like Oakland.

Tom

I agree, Holmes is now Tiki Barber from a few years ago -- teams are zeroing in on stripping him - I remember with Tiki, they would try to strip him first, tackle him second - if you watch Holmes it's the same thing ... he rarely gets a good solid hit put on him any more - every tackle is a textbook LT strip -- until he goes several games without a fumble, this won't change...

stillers4me
11-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I hate to be the guy to say this, but doesn't it make more sence at this point to just keep the losses coming??? After all...at this pace we're on schedule to get the first overall pick of the entire 2007 draft!

Even if we traded down, I'm sure that would go a long way to fix some holes!

I don't know which is the dumber idea.....this one or benching Ben. :dang: