PDA

View Full Version : Why so hard to de-attatch?

Infamix
11-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Whats with being a fan, it's like the Steelers control my mood week in and week out. :dang: Any of you guys feel the same?

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2006, 09:11 AM
I always continue to watch since that is what I do on Sunday afternoons in the fall but am not affected by the wins and losses once they are out of playoff contention. I suppose that is why I was not as ticked off after the Raider game (since that ended the season) and watched yesterday's crash & burn with morbid detachment.

It is difficult to be out of the playoff hunt before Thanksgiving but the Steelers have managed to do that twice in the last four years by playing horribly in October in 2003 and 2006. Shrewd scheduling by NBC and ESPN to get the Steelers prime time performances out of the way early. The Browns-Steelers game in early December on a Thursday night certainly looks like a snoozer.

Big D
11-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Whats with being a fan, it's like the Steelers control my mood week in and week out. :dang: Any of you guys feel the same?

YES!!! Last week I was pissed off all week, Espically since one of my best friends is a raider fan. I have been a steeler fan my whole life . I'm 24 and I can mostly remeber just the cowher era. So i've been spoiled by winning seasons. This season is giving me an ulcer.

gregstephens
11-06-2006, 10:10 AM

I'm a Bengals fan and also like the Steelers. Imagine how I feel right now. :dang:

BigDuke6
11-06-2006, 10:55 AM
I've been a Steeler fan since the Immaculate Reception. I even named my son Bradshaw.
The fate of the Steelers certainly dictates my moods on Sunday ie how many beers to have that day. And certainly dictates my moods on Mondays ie too many beers on Sunday. But thats as far as it goes. I begin to look foreward to the next game around Thurs/Fri of the next week and let it build from there. Every Sunday, no matter what, I have them on Pay-per-View and cheer and go crazy (my Mother-in-Law thinks I'm a psycho). C'est La Vie.

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 11:00 AM
I normally can shake off the ill effects of a loss by the end of the day Monday. Not this year, the losses to Oakland, Cincy, and now Denver are haunting me. I am ashamed to admit that it does affect my mood when dealing with people who don't even care about football. It is something I need to work on.

-Mike

gregstephens
11-06-2006, 11:06 AM
I pastor a church in Oxford, Ohio, and know sometimes I go there on Sunday evenings in a bad mood because of how the Bengals and Steelers games come out. It's the guy and/or fan in us, as it probably isn't limited to men.

Infamix
11-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Good I thought I took the games too personally

PisnNapalm
11-06-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm depressed. On the bright side the Steelers don't have any more feet they can shoot. They blew them all off last game.

SteelCityMan786
11-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Not only that, in the 2007 draft with no playoff spot this year we'll have a high draft pick.

I try to move on from losses as soon as they happen. I try not to let it control my life.

Hamer
11-06-2006, 03:46 PM
If they would just stink up the field in every way, I guess I wouldn't take it as hard. But to see them play so well, and be in games every week only to lose on freakish, stupid mistakes makes it worse for me. Kind of reminds me of the late 80s, (the Bubby years)they would play great and lose. I get excited just thinking they're gonna win a single game, I really think it wouldn't matter what our record was- I'd be happy all week after any win at all. But this stuff is like teasing me.

polamalufan43
11-06-2006, 04:32 PM

Yeah it is. I go through at least an hour or more of intense rage after a losing game. Worst of all, it effects you throughout the week. It's really really annoying when you have to hang around people who are fans of the team that just beat you too. Oh well, I have to tell myself that there will be other games but that just doesn't work. Then it's even more annoying when the local news station keeps replaying the worst play of the game.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

P.S. This is really off topic, but it's also annoying to see another player of the team that beat you in a commerical directly following the game:dang: :dang:

blackngoldbaby
11-06-2006, 10:02 PM

YES!I am the exact same way and that goes for my whole family to. My family bleeds black and gold and when they loose its not good and when they win its a very very good day!

SteelersWoman
11-07-2006, 08:00 AM
If they would just stink up the field in every way, I guess I wouldn't take it as hard. But to see them play so well, and be in games every week only to lose on freakish, stupid mistakes makes it worse for me....

See, that's exactly how I feel about these losses--I feel that overall, (other than our STs)the level of play is pretty acceptable--at times, even outstanding, and we see those old glimmers.

I was watching a show after our last game on the local Pitt station, and these 4 Pitt "analysts" were going ON and ON about just how "bad" this team is.

I don't agree. A "BAD" team doesn't throw for over 400 yards, or put 38 pts on the board, or get close to 500 total yards, or get 172 yrd receiving with 3 TDs for one WR, or rush for over 100 for one RB, or .....well, you get my drift. This is NOT a "BAD" team--just a very jinxed one.

klick81
11-07-2006, 10:54 AM
I try not to let it affect me...i come from a school of thought where a sport shouldn't really affect your life. It's hard though.

1NYSTEELER1
11-07-2006, 11:25 AM
After a loss I just relish in my little girls who think Football is just about the STEELERS. On Sunday my 5 Year old will ask if today is STEELER Day and change into her Black & Gold cheerleading outfit. Then later if they lose that day I go in the backyard and look for the happiest little squirrel minding his own business rumaging for nuts and the like and think "If I had a GUN I would blast the $*#^* out of you". I usually feel better by Friday.

herewegosteelers
11-07-2006, 11:31 AM

Yes It is very hard for me. My mom or dad wouldn't call me. They know how I get after a lose. I had a hard time thinking about anything else. I am having a hard time believeing this year. I feel like I have been stuck in a nightmare.:dang: :tt02: :tt02: But I love MY STEELERS!!!