PDA

View Full Version : Steelers should be 6-2

sumo
11-06-2006, 11:31 AM
The Chargers and Jaguars were the only teams that really beat us -- the rest of them, we beat ourselves - my biggest fear is the Steelers will start trying to fix a lot of things that aren't broke - we fix the turnovers and maybe get a shut down corner and we're there - this team even at 2-6 can still play with and beat any team in the NFL ...

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2006, 12:03 PM
And the Raiders should have beaten the Steelers in the 1972 playoffs - breaks and mistakes are part of the game.

This team has failed to respond to adversity and its record is an accurate reflection of that flaw.

MACH1
11-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Shoulda woulda coulda

SteelerFanInCA
11-06-2006, 12:09 PM
The Chargers and Jaguars were the only teams that really beat us -- the rest of them, we beat ourselves - my biggest fear is the Steelers will start trying to fix a lot of things that aren't broke - we fix the turnovers and maybe get a shut down corner and we're there - this team even at 2-6 can still play with and beat any team in the NFL ...

You make a great point. It's not like we were getting blown out in all the games that we lost. The damn turnovers are killing us. The physical level of play has been there as well. We are definitely hanging in there with some of the better teams of the league.

sumo
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
And the Raiders should have beaten the Steelers in the 1972 playoffs - breaks and mistakes are part of the game.

This team has failed to respond to adversity and its record is an accurate reflection of that flaw.

This will illustrate my point further -

If the Steelers played the Colts next week, I would still feel comfortable thinking we have a good chance to win that game - I would not give the same chance to the other 2-6 teams like the Raiders, Lions, etc -

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Let's just say that after yesterday I respectfully disagree - on offense the way to beat the Colts is to run the ball, something the Steelers have abandoned, and on defense the match-ups of Harrison and Wayne on this year's versions of Townsend and Taylor would not be a pleasant sight.

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Yikes! I think the Colts would have the game in hand by halftime....easy. The Steelers barely beat the Colts last year in the playoffs when everything was going much better.

Voting with my heart, I take the Steelers over the Colts. If I were not a fan of either team, I take the Colts with no hesitation. The Steelers ruined the "playing for respect", or the "playing desperate" idea with how they played yesterday.

Hines called everyone out yesterday after the game. Let's see how they react against the Saints.

-Mike

SteelR1
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
The FACT is we are 2-6. The lights are on, the crowd is seated and the fat lady is walking on the stage.

Let's see how the season unfolds!!!!!!

LET GO PITTSBURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

stlrtruck
11-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Here's some very ugly stats - just so everyone else can crinche some more this week:

Game vs. Cincinatii - 14 pts off turnovers - lose by 8
Game vs. Falcons - 21 pts off turnovers - lose by 3 (in OT)
Game vs. Raiders - 14 pts off turnovers - lose by 7
Game vs. Denver - 14 pts off turnovers - lose by 11

sumo
11-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Yikes! I think the Colts would have the game in hand by halftime....easy. The Steelers barely beat the Colts last year in the playoffs when everything was going much better.

Voting with my heart, I take the Steelers over the Colts. If I were not a fan of either team, I take the Colts with no hesitation. The Steelers ruined the "playing for respect", or the "playing desperate" idea with how they played yesterday.

Hines called everyone out yesterday after the game. Let's see how they react against the Saints.

-Mike

I'm not talking just from my heart - this team has lost 4 games where they gave up huge turnovers -- this is a fixable thing - the Saints are 6-2 and they don't scare me at all - Hey where is Lacey, WA?

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 12:56 PM
.....the Saints are 6-2 and they don't scare me at all

Hey where is Lacey, WA?

I am not worried about the Saints either.

Lacey is one hour south of Seattle. Exit 111 off I-5.

-Mike

Louisiana Cajun VooDoo
11-06-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm not talking just from my heart - this team has lost 4 games where they gave up huge turnovers -- this is a fixable thing - the Saints are 6-2 and they don't scare me at all - Hey where is Lacey, WA? You might ought to think twice about the Saints not scaring you. VooDoo is something that can be cast upon you and the Steelers and Cower already have it. Anyway it will be a good game and I along with my fellow Louisianans can't wait.

sumo
11-06-2006, 01:06 PM
You might ought to think twice about the Saints not scaring you. VooDoo is something that can be cast upon you and the Steelers and Cower already have it. Anyway it will be a good game and I along with my fellow Louisianans can't wait.

No - I already had a large Haitian women go to Heinz field and dance with a bunch of chickens, and now the voodoo is gone, so we have that going for us...which is nice

Saints Fan
11-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm not talking just from my heart - this team has lost 4 games where they gave up huge turnovers -- this is a fixable thing - the Saints are 6-2 and they don't scare me at all - Hey where is Lacey, WA?

:blah: :blah: :blah:
The steelers are 2-6, and they don't scare me.

ARKIESTEEL
11-06-2006, 04:17 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah:
The steelers are 2-6, and they don't scare me.

Said the guy that is a fan of a team the was once known as the Aints:thumbsup:

Eztarget
11-06-2006, 04:22 PM
At this point I say tank the rest of the season get a high round pick and get a shutdown corner.

Saints Fan
11-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Said the guy that is a fan of a team the was once known as the Aints:thumbsup:

True, True. I have to jest and harass our opponents fans while we are doing well, because it has proven to be so short lived with this team.

I do think this team is different than saints teams of the past. Solid Coaching, discipline, great quarterback, and the great intangible (desire) make us a team that might be more than a one year wonder type of team.

ExtonSteelFan
11-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I think it's pretty amazing that we have actually been able to hang in these games considering the amount of turnovers we've had. Most of the teams we've placed have been some of the top teams in this league too.

It's quite simple really (and it's already been said). If the Steelers can stop turning the ball over the way they have, they should be able to pull out a close, but clear win against the Saints. If the turnover's continue, well, I'm sure everyone knows the probable outcome. Make no mistake about it, the Saints are for real and they pose a threat to us even if we were playing at our best.

blitzburgh5
11-07-2006, 05:45 PM
The Jacksonville game we probably win with Batch. Ben still wasn't ready to go yet, and to throw him into an atmosphere of being at Jax on Monday night was just plain stupid. Fault goes to Cowher. The Atlanta game; 47 seconds left in the first half plus 2 timeouts and we take a knee. We were moving the ball the entire first half at will, 2-3 pass plays would have put us in field goal range, game would have never went to OT. Fault goes to Cowher. Game at Oakland, first and goal at the 1 and we run Parker dead up the middle, a place we had no success all day long. Pitch it to him and let him use his speed around the corner into the front corner of the endzone. Bad play calling. Fault goes to Cowher. Denver game, you've got Ike Taylor being torched all day long by Walker, yet no change during the game was ever made. Why replace Holmes at punt ruturner if all your gonna tell his replacement to do is let it it bounce or call a fair catch? And throwing 55 times is a bit retarded. Fault goes to Cowher.

Cowher has always made bonehead decisions, which is typically why we were consistently beat in the playoffs at home for so many years. Last year we simply got on a roll, such a roll that it overshadowed some of his stupid coaching decisions. Such as sitting on the ball in the second half against the Colts. This year his mistakes and stupidity are glaring at us again, only this time the players are not making up for it.

sumo
11-07-2006, 05:52 PM
The Jacksonville game we probably win with Batch. Ben still wasn't ready to go yet, and to throw him into an atmosphere of being at Jax on Monday night was just plain stupid. Fault goes to Cowher. The Atlanta game; 47 seconds left in the first half plus 2 timeouts and we take a knee. We were moving the ball the entire first half at will, 2-3 pass plays would have put us in field goal range, game would have never went to OT. Fault goes to Cowher. Game at Oakland, first and goal at the 1 and we run Parker dead up the middle, a place we had no success all day long. Pitch it to him and let him use his speed around the corner into the front corner of the endzone. Bad play calling. Fault goes to Cowher. Denver game, you've got Ike Taylor being torched all day long by Walker, yet no change during the game was ever made. Why replace Holmes at punt ruturner if all your gonna tell his replacement to do is let it it bounce or call a fair catch? And throwing 55 times is a bit retarded. Fault goes to Cowher.

Cowher has always made bonehead decisions, which is typically why we were consistently beat in the playoffs at home for so many years. Last year we simply got on a roll, such a roll that it overshadowed some of his stupid coaching decisions. Such as sitting on the ball in the second half against the Colts. This year his mistakes and stupidity are glaring at us again, only this time the players are not making up for it.

So wait a minute - do you or don't you like Cowher?

STBSAINT
11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah, but yall will be 2-7 come Sunday.

jaysta
11-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Here's some very ugly stats - just so everyone else can crinche some more this week:

Game vs. Cincinatii - 14 pts off turnovers - lose by 8
Game vs. Falcons - 21 pts off turnovers - lose by 3 (in OT)
Game vs. Raiders - 14 pts off turnovers - lose by 7
Game vs. Denver - 14 pts off turnovers - lose by 11

This is so true!!!! Honestly looking at all of the sub .500 teams this year, Pittsburgh is way better than the others. In fact Pittsburgh is probably the the best looking 2-6 team ever. They lost those games due to turnovers and not catching any breaks. Can they fix those turnovers and end the season with a positive spin?......I hope! :helmet:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah, but yall will be 2-7 come Sunday.

Great the Steelers might be 2-7 come Sunday. Its sucks and Steelers fans are not use to having lossing seasons under Bill Cowher unlike you Saints fans where the Saints have been the laughing stock of the NFL for years. What is it 1 or 2 playoffs wins in your whole history?
Wow thats impressive. While the Steelers have 5 Lombardis. Have the Saints even had 5 winning seasons? I'm sure they have but its not much more then 5.

I'm glad your team is doing well this year. I really have no problem with the Saints. I just thought you Saints fans would have more class then alot of you have shown?

jaysta
11-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Great the Steelers might be 2-7 come Sunday. Its sucks and Steelers fans are not use to having lossing seasons under Bill Cowher unlike you Saints fans where the Saints have been the laughing stock of the NFL for years. What is it 1 or 2 playoffs wins in your whole history?
Wow thats impressive. While the Steelers have 5 Lombardis. Have the Saints even had 5 winning seasons? I'm sure they have but its not much more then 5.

I'm glad your team is doing well this year. I really have no problem with the Saints. I just thought you Saints fans would have more class then alot of you have shown?

You've heard the saying, "act like you've been there". Well they haven't been there so it's to be expected. I hope that the Saints have a great season...just not this week.

X-Terminator
11-08-2006, 12:20 AM

Just from reading most of the comments from the Saints fans on the board, I would say they don't. They sound a hell of a lot like Bungle fans, actually, and I don't think that's something they really want to be compared to. But oh well...