PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest threat about the Saints to the Steelers?

Louisiana Cajun VooDoo
11-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Is it the confidence they are riding on or is it Drew Brees, Duece McCallister, Reggie Bush, Joe Horn or the standout rookie reciever of the year Marcus Colston? Coach Payton and his play calling has turned this once dismal team into a juggernaut of weapons on offence and the defence is doing terrific. So Pittsburgh Fans, what is our biggest threat to the once mighty Steelers?

ARKIESTEEL
11-06-2006, 04:09 PM
The biggest threat to the Steelers are the Steelers. We have shown a way to beat ourselves 4 out of the 6 games we lost. I am happy the saints are doing well this season...congrats on that!!!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-06-2006, 04:16 PM
the fact our defense is very bad right now

Livinginthe past
11-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Is it the confidence they are riding on or is it Drew Brees, Duece McCallister, Reggie Bush, Joe Horn or the standout rookie reciever of the year Marcus Colston? Coach Payton and his play calling has turned this once dismal team into a juggernaut of weapons on offence and the defence is doing terrific. So Pittsburgh Fans, what is our biggest threat to the once mighty Steelers?

Firstly congrats on a great season so far - if I had to pick a team to win it all outside New England it would be New Orleans after all they have had to endure.

The Saints are loaded on offense, Colston may well be the best low round draft pick since Brady (Willie P gets some consideration here), Brees has been outstanding at QB playing mistake free football.

I keep waiting for McAllister to have a breakout game and Reggie Bush should do something sooner or later that will justify the ridiculous amount of hype heaped on him.

Every week we expect the Steelers to stop turning the ball over, to stop giving away dumb penalties, and evey week they go out and do exactly that - perhaps with the exception of the Kansas blowout.

If I had to highlight on area that was key it would be Drew Brees - the Pittsburgh Steelers havent faced a QB of his passing talent yet.

Minimise turnovers and mistakes and the Saints have a great chance of another victory.

NM

Mosca
11-06-2006, 04:24 PM
The biggest threat to the Steelers is that the game is played with a football.

sumo
11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
- if I had to If I had to highlight on area that was key it would be Drew Brees - the Pittsburgh Steelers havent faced a QB of his passing talent yet.

NM

I think Brees and Bush are good, but a little overrated - INMHO, I do not think that Brees is that much better than any other QB the Steelers have faced this year-

I think Bush more than anything this year has been used as a decoy - take away his one punt return and he hasn't really done a whole lot - I think the Steelers will win if they don't have any turnovers - that of course is a big if.

Eztarget
11-06-2006, 04:51 PM

Another hurricane hitting during the game, oh wait the game's in Pittsburgh nevermind?

LSSpam
11-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Another hurricane hitting during the game, oh wait the game's in Pittsburgh nevermind?

Classy

MACH1
11-06-2006, 05:04 PM
a greased football

Hamer
11-06-2006, 05:16 PM
The Saints don't scare me at all. Not one single bit. I absolutely KNOW the Steelers have the ability beat the living crap out of them. The team that scares me? Once again, the Steelers are our biggest threat to beat the Steelers this week. But we have to play against them every game! Well, at least they keep it close!

stillers4me
11-06-2006, 05:18 PM
a greased football

a football without grease

Truthfully, another poster had it right. The Steelers are the biggest threat to themselves right now. We can beat anybody.........if we could only hold on the freakin' ball. :dang:

ncoolong
11-06-2006, 06:09 PM
You know what I would honestly do if I ran this team right now? I'd wait until Wednesday, then throw out any film session, and have the offense go against the defense for 60 minutes closed off from the media and fans. Have them play live with six minute breaks in between possession changes or punting situations. Then get back on the field and play again. Play a live scrimmage and let them take out their frustrations on each other. It's obvious no one on this team is too valuable at this point, so let them shake it up.

And the biggest challenge? The fact the game is even being played. I know we won't make the playoffs, but it'd be nice to look forward to maybe wrecking it for a slew of playoff teams at the end of the year. The way it looks now? I'm one loss away from subscribing to Kiper's web site.

SteelersWoman
11-07-2006, 08:15 AM
The biggest threat to the Steelers are the Steelers. We have shown a way to beat ourselves 4 out of the 6 games we lost. I am happy the saints are doing well this season...congrats on that!!!!

This post is awesome arkie--couldn't have said it better myself from beginning to end :thumbsup:

83-Steelers-43
11-07-2006, 08:40 AM
"What is the biggest threat about the Saints to the Steelers?"

The Saints (along with the rest of the league) being able to recover our fumbles....:yawn:

HometownGal
11-07-2006, 08:41 AM
One name, two little words.......

DREW BREES.

The guy has had a helluva season thus far and has been racking up quite a few 300+ yard games lately. He has several big, fast and very reliable targets in Horn and Colston and with the way our secondary has been giving up the big plays, I'd definitely put Brees & Co. up there in the biggest threat category.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Steelers rush the living hell out of Brees forcing him into making mistakes and the Saints turn the ball over instead of the Steelers.

Good luck Voodoo on Sunday's game. :cheers:

tony hipchest
11-07-2006, 12:32 PM
im worried about the saints bringing gift wrap and a silver platter. cause if they do, and they show it on the field, the steelers seem more than happy to give them the ball.

Big D
11-07-2006, 12:39 PM
I think the biggest threat would be if archie manning would make a comeback just in time for sundays game

Haiku_Dirtt
11-07-2006, 12:50 PM

Great season so far Saints.

Dude. Cook up some gumbo. Grab a beer or several. Oh and a beach chair.

Sit back and watch us dribble the pigskin or just flat out bounce pass it to your squad. We'll just win the game for you.

Excuse me. BRB...I'm out of Xanax and Tums.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
We have met the enemy... and he is us !!!

No offense but nothing about the saints scares me... IF we don't turnover the ball and play to our ability you don't have a chance, unfortunately that's a mighty big if !!

greenparrot
11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
We have met the enemy... and he is us !!!

No offense but nothing about the saints scares me... IF we don't turnover the ball and play to our ability you don't have a chance, unfortunately that's a mighty big if !!

there's about 20 teams that could make that statement...but turnovers are a part of the game. When you do it week after week maybe it becomes your identity?

Louisiana Cajun VooDoo
11-08-2006, 04:22 AM
I love the Archie Manning post. He is our god and savior these days along with Bobby Hebert which is a personel Duck Hunting friend of mine. Anyway I can't wait for the game. Resistance is Futile

Saints Fan
11-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Playing them on Sunday.

Saints Fan
11-08-2006, 11:16 AM
I love the Archie Manning post. He is our god and savior these days along with Bobby Hebert which is a personel Duck Hunting friend of mine. Anyway I can't wait for the game. Resistance is Futile

This is definetely off the subject, but I cannot wait for duck hunting season. I am going to live in a rice field field both Saturday and Sunday morning!!!

chocolatecity
11-08-2006, 11:26 AM
defense-as long as they play #7 all day, we'll see sack after sack. The Roth Man is way over rated (Like our Bush Boy)

shrike3000
11-09-2006, 11:03 AM
I think Brees and Bush are good, but a little overrated - INMHO, I do not think that Brees is that much better than any other QB the Steelers have faced this year-

I think Bush more than anything this year has been used as a decoy - take away his one punt return and he hasn't really done a whole lot - I think the Steelers will win if they don't have any turnovers - that of course is a big if.

Right about Bush, wrong about Brees. Bush is overhyped and just a rookie, not his fault he is overhyped. He will be great one day, but that is the future. Right now Brees is the real deal. Brees is one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL and should be in contention for the MVP.

DOMEDOG316
11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Right about Bush, wrong about Brees. Bush is overhyped and just a rookie, not his fault he is overhyped. He will be great one day, but that is the future. Right now Brees is the real deal. Brees is one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL and should be in contention for the MVP.

Yep. Anyone who says Brees is overhyped has some Gunja in thier cheerios. Brees at the end of this season will be MVP....I belive that. I mean who else could have QB'd the Saints the way he has?

Nobody. He was the perfect guy for the offense we wanted to run. Kudos to Payton for going out and getting him. That's a good coach ya'll.

NV STEELERS 723
11-09-2006, 10:36 PM
I just hope you Saints fans are still here after the game.....Your always welcome...

Preacher
11-09-2006, 11:07 PM

Not quite the level I would want to see out of a Steeler fan...

Biggest threat? I gotta agree with most of the board... The football itself. Oh yeah... and the football being thrown at our DB's