PDA

View Full Version : charlie batch backup to maddox ??

brind666
11-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Can anyone explain, why batch was the backup to maddox before ben came in ?? it seems to me he should have won that battle back then...? anyone ??

Infamix
11-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Beats me. Maddox used to be the superstar so I guess Cowher thought he had some wires left in the brain, gas in the tank, whatever term makes you sleep better at night

ytsan2q
11-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Batch had to learn a new system that that Maddox had been in for a few years.

Midnightwriter07
11-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Maddox should promise and he was cheap... Batch diddnt exactly look great... Maddox prior to that injury looked pretty good and Iam guessing the thinking was that once Maddox got a better feel for the NFL.. he would only improve. After that injury in Baltimore... Ben having success and staying in the rest of the year i think did some mental dmageto Maddox's head and he just never got that confidence back. That is whyit is important to allow Ben to work through this slump and keep him in there.

SteelerFanInATL
11-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Do you remember the year of the TommyGun? That was one of the most exciting seasons every in Steeler history. Maddox looked great. What we saw last year of Maddox was a shock knowing what he had done for us in the past. Too bad he played himself right out of Pgh. Lets be thankful that we had enough insight to pick up Batch knowing how Maddox had preformed in the past.