PDA

View Full Version : Keep Our Heads Up

PBiddy412
11-06-2006, 07:54 PM
This is my first post, and as many of steelers fan has been dissapointed with this season, we have to keep our heads up and keep cheering out Steelers on. Yes, we all know turn overs and the Steelers are the reason we are now 2-6, but this team is still a superbowl team. Ben has had his ups and downs, but I still see promise with him. I still see the QB that won against Cincinatti, Indianappolis, and Denver in the playoffs. Throwing for 400 yards was pretty impressive too this past Sunday. I really believe the Steelers, if they want to, can win out the rest of their games. The Defense is still there. They have kept the Steelers in every game (minus Atlanta, don't know what happend there) despite the many turnovers! I just say we keep rooting on our Steelers and hope they get back on track and end the season on a good note and possibly get a miracle and make playoffs. We still have Cincinatti one more game and Baltimore twice. Just wish them the best! I been cheering the Steelers on through many years and many more to come! Hope you all can find the will to still cheer despite our frustrations and anger! Here we go Steelers! Beat a good New Orleans team this week and show them that the record is not a true indication of who we are!

clarient
11-06-2006, 07:56 PM
They'll get back on track eventually. How soon is up to the team and the coach.

wvsportsman
11-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't think anyone is going to quit cheering for them. we are all just trying to figure whats wrong. Steeler fans are not used to this.

MACH1
11-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Play for pride and respect and see what happens

DACEB
11-07-2006, 10:33 AM
As steelers fans we will always cheer them on, but part of being a real fan IMO is being upset when your beloved team does not play to their potential. We must voice our anger and dissapproval. God forbid would you all be rosey, optimistic, and forgiving if we went the road that the raiders are on!

ARKIESTEEL
11-07-2006, 10:41 AM
We need the boys to go out and show these folks what Steeler football is. We need Willie and Davenport to pound them for about 215 yards up the middle and Ben to throw for about 175 or so.

DACEB
11-07-2006, 12:44 PM
We need the boys to go out and show these folks what Steeler football is. We need Willie and Davenport to pound them for about 215 yards up the middle and Ben to throw for about 175 or so.

I agree 100%. We have not played steeler football this year. Hell we would have beat the raiders if we had ONLY run the ball, no pass offense at all. Where do we stand in comparison with the rest of the league in rush attempts per game, I know we pretty much led the league in that catagory in recent years. On a similar but different note I believe they showed during the game our offense this year is ranked higher than it was last year.
:dang:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-07-2006, 01:05 PM

That can't happen when the fundamental concept of POSSESSION was the lecture that few understand.

Forgive me in advance. But Santonio. Treating the pigskin like your children is no way to play football. Both need to be nurtured and PROTECTED. Not left for someone else to care for let alone a foe.

And Wilson. Ahhh Cedrick. Ross Perot was wrong. That giant sucking sound wasn't NAFTA it is you.

ARKIESTEEL
11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
That can't happen when the fundamental concept of POSSESSION was the lecture that few understand.

Forgive me in advance. But Santonio. Treating the pigskin like your children is no way to play football. Both need to be nurtured and PROTECTED. Not left for someone else to care for let alone a foe.

And Wilson. Ahhh Cedrick. Ross Perot was wrong. That giant sucking sound wasn't NAFTA it is you.

I agree with all this but I think Wilson is at least decent. But what you said about Satan Holmes is dead on

floodcitygirl
11-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm a Steeler fan...my head will always be up! I agree that it's difficult to watch our team that has the talent and potential to win every game, not be able to pull it together and get it done. Harder still when we don't get beat as much as we gift-wrap it up for the other team. However, some of the same players this year were on that team in years past that have given me thrills and chills that I'll NEVER forget! As well as the pride of once again supporting Super Bowl winners! I'm not about to give up on this team, let alone the organization that has given me so much. As for this season I STILL have hope that on any given day.........and I'll be right there cheering them on!!!! :tt02:

Steelers
11-07-2006, 05:17 PM
We have a lot of young guys who can potentially be stellar next year. We need to somehow just find a way to make it through the season without pulling all of our hair out.