PDA

View Full Version : Saints vs. Steelers Predictions

beeobee
11-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Saints fan here asking the mighty Steelers fans what kind of game were are looking at this sunday.I think Big Ben is having some trouble getting a hold on the offense and I think our D can hold up against them if he continues to play like he has been.If Cower puts Batch in we have a problem.I have mad respect for you guys defense but if we could put up some points againts them we win.

Saints -24
Steelers-17

Good luck and I hope for an injury free game.

PBiddy412
11-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I really don't know what to say about a prediction but I will go out on a limb. I see Colston having a field day against our secondary. I don't think the Saints running game will get in gear at all. The Steelers defense does very well most the time. I think if Steeler finally minimize mistakes, I can see them winning this game. Ben will be fine come this Sunday. However, if the Steelers of this season show up, the ones that make mistakes and so forth, I agree with your score. However, I think that some players might be getting a little frustrated so I think the mistakes might lower a little bit. I say Steelers squeak by this week.

Steelers 21
Saints 17

clarient
11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm not gonna lie to myself here. Unless something drastic takes place this week, I see a Saints win in the future. I'll be screaming my darn head off, but it hasn't been doing too much good lately. :\

WITHOUT our standard fare of turnovers (i.e. people start learning how to protect the ball!), I'd say Steelers win by a touchdown, possibly 10 points with an extra field goal. With turnovers, Saints by at least a touchdown, with a good chance to make it two TDs.

sumo
11-06-2006, 07:16 PM
There is no way we lose the turn over battle again - no way - not again - no way no how - Pittsburgh plays a Kansas City type game and we win going away and then everybody will say - "hey - why can't we do this every week - Holmes didn't fumble a single time..." -

Pittsburgh 34
NOrleans 17

NV STEELERS 723
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM
If we stay away from our standard of 5 TO's we win.... just like the last 3 games

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-06-2006, 07:24 PM
If we contiue to play the way we are........tunorvers and horible tackling......we lose by 20 pts

Infamix
11-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Saints 24
Steelers 21

is what the magic 8-ball says

polamalufan43
11-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Well, I think if we can stop the turnovers and if possible throw in a trick play, we might be able to get something done,

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
This will be one of our 4 remaining wins. 24-20

alon504
11-06-2006, 08:38 PM
It will be a tighter game than many would think, IMO.

BigSaint8050
11-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Siants 34
Steelers 17

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 11:40 PM
If the Saints are going to win, they will need to score over 30 points. They don't seem to have enough firepower to do it.

I'm really sick of hearing about Reggie Bush. He hasn't done anything on the offensive side of the ball this year.

-Mike

BigSaint8050
11-07-2006, 12:13 AM
If the Saints are going to win, they will need to score over 30 points. They don't seem to have enough firepower to do it.

I'm really sick of hearing about Reggie Bush. He hasn't done anything on the offensive side of the ball this year.

-Mike

They don't seem to have the fire power to do it?

So they are just the #6 scoring offense in the league because the rest of the league just hasn't picked it up yet? They average 25 points a game. They have Drew Brees, Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn, Marques Colston (maybe you have heard of him 8 games 700 yards and 7 TD's?), Devery Henderson and Reggie Bush.

Here are some facts....

Drew Brees is #4 amoung QB's with 2206 yards, # 6 with 14 TD's, #6 in passer rating with 95.2 and #3 in completion percentage with 65.5%

Deuce McAllister even with spliting carries with Reggie Bush has almost 500 yards rushing and averages 4.4 YPC

Marques Colston is #4 in the NFL with 700 yards receiving and tied for #1 with 7 TD's.

Devery Henderson has caught 11 balls this season, 3 of them have been TD grabs.

The Saints offensive line has allowed only 8 sacks all year, the best in the NFL

Joe Horn is 17th in the NFL in receiving yards with 507, thats with missing one game due to injury.

Lets look at the defense

The Saints defense is #10 in the NFL in scoring defense allowing 19 PPG

The Saints defense is #5 in the NFL with 23 sacks. The are also #3 in the NFL in QB pressures. They have held 4 opponents RB's to under 3.8 YPC.

Still don't think they have the weapons to put up points?

MJ5150
11-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Still don't think they have the weapons to put up points?

Nope. Your own stats proved my point. You say the Saints are averagin 25 PPG. They will need 30 to win. So I'm already right. You aren't pointing out to me quality NFL vets who have put together great seasons year after year, with the only exception of Deuce...and that's a maybe. As easily as these guys climbed the stat charts, they can find themselves at the bottom of them just as fast. Are you going to tell me that this Colston and Devery guy have been doing this for more than a few weeks? Yeah, I didn't think so. Heck, I doubt anyone beyond their parents even knew who they were last year. :smile:

Reggie Bush? Are you serious? He hasn't done anything this year pal. 200 and some yards rushing in eight games? Yeah, I'm scared all right. I'm sure the Pittsburgh D will spend all week trying to figure out how to keep him down to his 25 yards per game average. What is his YPC? Somewhere around three maybe?

Leave Joe Horn out of this. The #17 WR is nothing to be bragging about.

The Saints defense does look impressive, I will give you that.

So go ahead and spit out all of the stats you want that you copied from ESPN.com. The Saints haven't ever won squat in the NFL, so don't come around here acting like some veteran led winning franchise is about to lay the wood to the Steelers.

-Mike

MACH1
11-07-2006, 12:50 AM
If and thats a big IF the steelers hold on to the ball, they win going away.

bozz723
11-07-2006, 01:00 AM
IMO, we wont turn the ball over this game, so we will win somethnig like 31-6

FLSaintsFan
11-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I have seen alot on these boards about the history of both teams. About how the history of the Steelers is so glorious and how the the history of the Saints is so terrible. Well, you guys who throw that out there are absolutely right. About the history. History before this season. Does any of that really matter when it comes to this season? Does it really? Be honest?

I have no clue who is going to win, and I certainly hope it's the Saints. But I also hope it's a clean, injury free game. I also like the Steelers and I sincerely hope that your season picks back up. After this week, that is. Good Luck!

1NYSTEELER1
11-07-2006, 09:22 AM
If the Steelers would have won last week I would have been a little worried about this game, BUT we know that they did not and they have embarrassed themselves for 3 straight weeks. NO WAY it happens again, at Heinz field no less. GOOD LUCK to Deuce and Reggie trying to cut back on that field. Steelers win in impressive fashion 38-10 and the ESPN crew puts them back in the top 5 (Just kidding about the ESPN crew thing).

GO STEELERS

greenparrot
11-07-2006, 09:23 AM
You aren't pointing out to me quality NFL vets who have put together great seasons year after year, with the only exception of Deuce...and that's a maybe.

year after year? So what?

Reggie Bush? Are you serious? He hasn't done anything this year pal.

I'll bet the Steelers "D" will know where he is!

Who's #17??????

efil4stnias
11-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Are you going to tell me that this Colston and Devery guy have been doing this for more than a few weeks?

yes I am he is #4 in the NFL...not NFC... the NFL. ( talking bout Colston here ) Devery has returned from injury, and if he makes it on the field Sunday keep your eye on him.

ARKIESTEEL
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
If the Steelers would have won last week I would have been a little worried about this game, BUT we know that they did not and they have embarrassed themselves for 3 straight weeks. NO WAY it happens again, at Heinz field no less. GOOD LUCK to Deuce and Reggie trying to cut back on that field. Steelers win in impressive fashion 38-10 and the ESPN crew puts them back in the top 5 (Just kidding about the ESPN crew thing).

GO STEELERS

Man I love this guy..... Yeah we can beat the AINTS we can beat anybody if we dont give them the ball back 5 times if we have 2 or less turnovers this should be a walk. Our defense is due to score again:thumbsup: :tt02:

Mosca
11-07-2006, 09:43 AM
When the Steelers bring their A Game, there isn't a team in the entire league that can play on the same field. Will they bring it this Sunday? I'm saying yes, and I'm saying 33-14 Steelers.

EDIT: If the Steelers continue fumbling, 20-10 Saints.

Tom

Saints Fan
11-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Saints 33
Steelers 12

Big D
11-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Saints 33
Steelers 12

steelers 70
aints -2

greenparrot
11-07-2006, 10:44 AM
When the Steelers bring their A Game, there isn't a team in the entire league that can play on the same field. Will they bring it this Sunday? I'm saying yes, and I'm saying 33-14 Steelers.

Tom

do the Steelers have an "A" game this year? The reason for the turnovers is that the Steelers are not playing Steeler football.....RUSHING the ball. 105yd per game vs 138 last year forcing more passing & turnovers. I think the loss of Bettis really hurts. The Sttelers woes will continue until they rush more consistently.

nflfan
11-07-2006, 12:51 PM
You aren't pointing out to me quality NFL vets who have put together great seasons year after year, with the only exception of Deuce...and that's a maybe. As easily as these guys climbed the stat charts, they can find themselves at the bottom of them just as fast. Are you going to tell me that this Colston and Devery guy have been doing this for more than a few weeks?

Didn't Ben take yall to the AFC championship as a rookie and to the Superbowl as a second year player?? Would you have wanted a veteran QB last year in February or Ben?

herewegosteelers
11-07-2006, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=Big D;172978]steelers 70
aints -2[/QU
That would be nice, :sofunny: :tt02:

herewegosteelers
11-07-2006, 01:09 PM
STEELERS - 34
Aints - 17
:tt02: :cheer: :beerbang:

Preacher
11-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I agree with the posts about the fumbles....

We keep ahold of the ball, we win.
We give up the ball, we lose.

Period.

sumo
11-07-2006, 01:37 PM

-Mike

Bush is a bust even with lowered standards - he's below 3 yards a carry - if his name was anything besides Reggie Bush, he would be benched for low productivity and relegated to returning punts and playing special teams ...

greenparrot
11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Bush is a bust even with lowered standards - he's below 3 yards a carry - if his name was anything besides Reggie Bush, he would be benched for low productivity and relegated to returning punts and playing special teams ...
yea right! he's a part timer now anyway.

BigSaint8050
11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Nope. Your own stats proved my point. You say the Saints are averagin 25 PPG. They will need 30 to win. So I'm already right. You aren't pointing out to me quality NFL vets who have put together great seasons year after year, with the only exception of Deuce...and that's a maybe. As easily as these guys climbed the stat charts, they can find themselves at the bottom of them just as fast. Are you going to tell me that this Colston and Devery guy have been doing this for more than a few weeks? Yeah, I didn't think so. Heck, I doubt anyone beyond their parents even knew who they were last year. :smile:

Reggie Bush? Are you serious? He hasn't done anything this year pal. 200 and some yards rushing in eight games? Yeah, I'm scared all right. I'm sure the Pittsburgh D will spend all week trying to figure out how to keep him down to his 25 yards per game average. What is his YPC? Somewhere around three maybe?

The Saints defense does look impressive, I will give you that.

So go ahead and spit out all of the stats you want that you copied from ESPN.com. The Saints haven't ever won squat in the NFL, so don't come around here acting like some veteran led winning franchise is about to lay the wood to the Steelers.

-Mike

Why leave the #17 receiver out of this when we also have the #4 WR. Meaning two of the top 17 receivers are on the Saints.... Thats a pretty good tandem if you ask me. Btw, Colston has been doing this all year. He has had one game (4 catches 32 yards) where he didn't make an impact. He has scored in 6 of 8 games and has had four 97 yard or better games. Yes he has been doing this all year. And also, Devery was injured weeks 3-6, his first 3 games he had 8 catches for 114 yards and 1 TD, Sunday he had 3 grabs for 111 yards and 2 TDs.

Sleep on the Saints if you must, but come Sunday Pittsburgh should be very worried.

Btw, Colston is a rookie, so no he wouldn't have done anything in the NFL last year. Devery is in only his 3rd year, he was # 3 last year for the Saints receivers in yardage.

BigSaint8050
11-07-2006, 03:31 PM
This sounds like a team ready to make a move

-- Willie Parker Questions Steelers Hunger & Trust --
Tue Nov 7, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

The Post Gazette reports Steelers HC Bill Cowher has to deal with the aftermath of public comments from RB Willie Parker, who questioned his teammates' hunger. He also suggested the Steelers are too full of themselves after winning the Super Bowl last season and said there's no "trust" that each player has the next guy's back.

MJ5150
11-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Who's #17??????

According to your Saint buddy, that is Joe Horns standing as a WR in the league, he is in 17th place.

I apologize to you Saints fan, but if I'm going to come on to another board bragging about how my team is going to kill you, I am not going to bring up that we have a WR ranked #17. 17? Big deal.

greenparrot.....I am sure the Steelers defense will prepare for each and every Saints offfensive "weapon". You have seriously got to be kidding me if you think Reggie Bush is some stud that opposing defenses need to game plan for. Teams game plan for guys like Larry Johnson, LaDanian Tomlinson, Tiki Barber, Donovan McNabb and so on. Certainly not some guy with 200 yards rushing for the season. Tell me this, is anyone in New Orleans afraid of Najeh Davenport? He is averaging twice what Bush is in YPC. Yeah, I didn't think so.

The only reason I began to break down the argument presented by your buddy BigSaint8050 is half the guys he wants to talk about are not really all that scary.

FLSaintsFan...yes, I think history does matter. Look at your Saints. They have NEVER won anything important. NEVER. Throughout the entire history of your team, they have won nothing. If team history isn't such a big deal, explain to me why the Saints have never amounted to anything. You guys have been to the playoffs as many times as the Steelers have won the Super Bowl. Explain that to me Mr. History-doesn't-matter. :smile:

BigSaint8050....again, nice stats for you WR's. So far, they have equaled wins. No one on your team has a history of doing this consistently. The Saints balloon is going to pop sooner or later like it always does. Why? Because you guys have no history of winning. I'm sure y'all will do fine this year, best wishes.

nflfan...good question on Ben. I was confident is his play last season, but I would have felt much better with someone like Favre or Brady under center when the playoffs started. Nothing against Ben, but if I had to choose, I'll take the veteran who has been there and won. To his credit, Ben has more post season experience than Brees, so it wasn't like we had some guy with no big game playoff experience going up against the Seahawks in the SB.

Phew......next..... :smile:

-Mike

STBSAINT
11-07-2006, 06:25 PM
PITTSBURGH STEELER FOOTBALL PRACTICE WAS DELAYED NEARLY TWO HOURS TODAY AFTER A PLAYER REPORTED FINDING AN UNKNOWN WHITE POWDERY SUBSTANCE ON THE PRACTICE FIELD. HEAD COACH BILL COWHER IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED PRACTICE AND CALLED THE POLICE AND FEDERAL INVESTIGATORS. AFTER A COMPLETE ANALYSIS,FBI FORENSIC EXPERTS DETERMINED THAT THE WHITE SUBSTANCE UNKNOWN TO THE STEELER PLAYERS WAS THE [GOAL LINE]. PRATICE RESUMED AFTER SPECIAL AGENTS DECIDED THE TEAM WAS UNLIKELY TO ENCOUNTER THE SUBSTANCE AGAIN THIS SEASON.

STBSAINT
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
MJ5150, who do yall have that we have to game plan for. Big Ben? Hopefully our DBs are practicing catching the ball this week, because big ben is good for throwing at least two INTs. I hope yall don't plan for Reggie, because the minute you leave him one on one he is gone. Every team this year has been putting two players on his ass every play.
Steeler fans this is not last year, yall will not win out to make the plyoffs.
WAKE UP.
Yall let too many good players go in free agency.

HometownGal
11-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Because I continue to believe, my gut tells me that this game is going to be decided in the 4th Q, I'm going to go with our Steelers here....23-20. I don't believe the Saints are going to get anywhere with their running game against the Steelers front four, so they're going to have to rely on Brees' arm. If the Steelers pressure Brees, I think they have a legitimate shot at winning this game, but they're going to have to do it consistently instead of sparingly. If they don't consistently try to force Brees to rush his throws or throw it out of bounds, it could be a long afternoon for the Steelers D.

stillers4me
11-07-2006, 06:52 PM
MJ5150, who do yall have that we have to game plan for. Big Ben? Hopefully our DBs are practicing catching the ball this week, because big ben is good for throwing at least two INTs. I hope yall don't plan for Reggie, because the minute you leave him one on one he is gone. Every team this year has been putting two players on his ass every play.
Steeler fans this is not last year, yall will not win out to make the plyoffs.
WAKE UP.
Yall let too many good players go in free agency.

yall...........:toofunny:

Yinz talk funny...........:tt02:

BigSaint8050
11-07-2006, 07:06 PM
According to your Saint buddy, that is Joe Horns standing as a WR in the league, he is in 17th place.

I apologize to you Saints fan, but if I'm going to come on to another board bragging about how my team is going to kill you, I am not going to bring up that we have a WR ranked #17. 17? Big deal.

greenparrot.....I am sure the Steelers defense will prepare for each and every Saints offfensive "weapon". You have seriously got to be kidding me if you think Reggie Bush is some stud that opposing defenses need to game plan for. Teams game plan for guys like Larry Johnson, LaDanian Tomlinson, Tiki Barber, Donovan McNabb and so on. Certainly not some guy with 200 yards rushing for the season. Tell me this, is anyone in New Orleans afraid of Najeh Davenport? He is averaging twice what Bush is in YPC. Yeah, I didn't think so.

The only reason I began to break down the argument presented by your buddy BigSaint8050 is half the guys he wants to talk about are not really all that scary.

FLSaintsFan...yes, I think history does matter. Look at your Saints. They have NEVER won anything important. NEVER. Throughout the entire history of your team, they have won nothing. If team history isn't such a big deal, explain to me why the Saints have never amounted to anything. You guys have been to the playoffs as many times as the Steelers have won the Super Bowl. Explain that to me Mr. History-doesn't-matter. :smile:

BigSaint8050....again, nice stats for you WR's. So far, they have equaled wins. No one on your team has a history of doing this consistently. The Saints balloon is going to pop sooner or later like it always does. Why? Because you guys have no history of winning. I'm sure y'all will do fine this year, best wishes.

nflfan...good question on Ben. I was confident is his play last season, but I would have felt much better with someone like Favre or Brady under center when the playoffs started. Nothing against Ben, but if I had to choose, I'll take the veteran who has been there and won. To his credit, Ben has more post season experience than Brees, so it wasn't like we had some guy with no big game playoff experience going up against the Seahawks in the SB.

Phew......next..... :smile:

-Mike

As I said before, the #17 WR, along with the #4 WR in the league and a top 5 QB.... That means a lot. Its gonna be fun getting a win this week.

MJ5150
11-07-2006, 07:06 PM
MJ5150, who do yall have that we have to game plan for. Big Ben?

I hope yall don't plan for Reggie, because the minute you leave him one on one he is gone. Every team this year has been putting two players on his ass every play.

Hey now pal, I'm not the one running my mouth about all the "weapons" we have, and how we're going to blow you guys out on Sunday. But since you asked, it would be a good idea to keep an idea out for this guy we have named Willie Parker. Yeah, he's no Reggie Bush, but he does have somewheres around 650 yards rushing.

Can you actually refer me to some times where Reggie was "gone" when he was left in single coverage? His longest play from scrimmage this year is 32 yards. Don't throw in the kick return since that isn't the position he normally plays. I'd also like to know if it is an actual fact that NFL defenses are double teaming Bush on every play. Did you make that up, or can you prove that?

We'll see how the season plays out. The odds are definitely against us right now. They were definitely against us last year, and we ended up winning the whole thing. When was the last time the Saints won a playoff game? How many playoff games have y'all won? When the odds are against the Saints, they fold. Always have, always will.

-Mike

BigSaint8050
11-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Who's not gameplanning for Reggie?

Steelers lineman Kendall Simmons stopped by the station on Tuesday, and summed up the struggles of his defending Super Bowl champion teammates.

With the New Orleans Saints coming to town next week, Simmons gave some insight as to what's up inside his head regarding the upcoming game against the New Orleans Saints.

"Going back to the game plan, everybody has got to find a way to stop No. 25," said Simmons. "Reggie Bush runs great. And eliminate the turnovers."

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...87/detail.html

BigSaint8050
11-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey now pal, I'm not the one running my mouth about all the "weapons" we have, and how we're going to blow you guys out on Sunday. But since you asked, it would be a good idea to keep an idea out for this guy we have named Willie Parker. Yeah, he's no Reggie Bush, but he does have somewheres around 650 yards rushing.

Can you actually refer me to some times where Reggie was "gone" when he was left in single coverage? His longest play from scrimmage this year is 32 yards. Don't throw in the kick return since that isn't the position he normally plays. I'd also like to know if it is an actual fact that NFL defenses are double teaming Bush on every play. Did you make that up, or can you prove that?

We'll see how the season plays out. The odds are definitely against us right now. They were definitely against us last year, and we ended up winning the whole thing. When was the last time the Saints won a playoff game? How many playoff games have y'all won? When the odds are against the Saints, they fold. Always have, always will.

-Mike

Just to answer your question. 2000 was the first and last playoff victory for this team.... I am glad what the Steelers have done before this season is gonna play a role in this game.... If thats the case then the Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers and Packers are the teams to beat, right?

MJ5150
11-07-2006, 07:10 PM
As I said before, the #17 WR, along with the #4 WR in the league and a top 5 QB.... That means a lot.

Fair enough. You go ahead and hold on to your precious week eight stats.

Ask other fans like you and I around the league, especially the folks in Indy.....what do mid season stats mean? Not much my friend. The Colt offense blows any other offense off the field, including yours. You think Peyton would trade all that for a SB win? :smile:

-Mike

MJ5150
11-07-2006, 07:14 PM
If thats the case then the Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers and Packers are the teams to beat, right?

When the 49ers put a winning team on the field, you bet. You seem to be a smart guy, so you know they are way down in the dump right now. Same with the Packers. They probably won't get it together before Favre leaves, so the rest of the league will luck out on that.

The Cowboys have shown flashes of being good, and so have the Steelers. But since we're hear to talk about the Steelers, we'll leave this talk for another thread.

-Mike

MJ5150
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Steelers lineman Kendall Simmons.....

Dude, Kendall plays on the offense. He'll do as much game planning for Reggie Bush as you and I will. Besides, is he going to come out and say the things I did? Have any Saint players come out and said the things you have? No, and no. No player wants to be the originator of billboard material.

-Mike

BigSaint8050
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM

Ask other fans like you and I around the league, especially the folks in Indy.....what do mid season stats mean? Not much my friend. The Colt offense blows any other offense off the field, including yours. You think Peyton would trade all that for a SB win? :smile:

-Mike

Whats Peyton Manning have to do with the Steelers and Saints game?

I am pointing out we have weapons..... I get thrashed because my weapons have week 8 stats, doesn't everyone up until now?

This is a different Saints team, but keep doubting them.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-07-2006, 07:20 PM
As for the game I don't what to expect from the Steelers the team that blew out the Chiefs 45-7 or the turn over prone team all us Steelers fans have seen most of the year. So its really hard to predict. The Saints are 7 point under dogs or least thats what they are on the weekly football card that I play every week. So I would take the Saints with the points bigtime. Noway the Saints lose by a TD or more in this game. Actually I would give the edge to the Saints in this game.

The Steelers secondary vs Drew Brees and the Saints WR's worries me. If the Steelers get no pass rush on Brees then he will have a field day picking apart this secondary. I wouldn't expect the Saints ground game to do much against the Steelers run defense. But Reggie Bush returning punts against our horrible coverage units doesn't look good for the Steelers also.

Well the Steelers offense for the most part does great moving the ball down the field. But this year when the offense gets in the redzone it self destructs itself with turn overs. The Saints defense really has played better then most expected especially with a bunch of cast offs starting in their LB core. I just don't see the Steelers winning this game. The Steelers
just continue turning the ball over and I would expect the same this Sunday. I say 26-20 Saints.

As for all the Saints fans flooding this board this week. I don't mind you all coming here and I don't blame you guys for being excited about your team. The Saints are playing well. But if you are just coming here to rub it in and talk smack go back to the Saints board you came from where you can slob on the Saints knobs all you want.

MJ5150
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Whats Peyton Manning have to do with the Steelers and Saints game?

I am pointing out we have weapons..... I get thrashed because my weapons have week 8 stats, doesn't everyone up until now?

Just a comparison.

Week eight stats mean nothing to playoff teams. Guys like yourself get all excited about stats in week eight since the playoffs are somewhat of a foreign concept. Sorry, that's true. As for me, I'm used to watching my team win games. Stats really don't matter to me. This is why I brought up Manning. He has all the great stats you could ever want. As I look over his playoff record, those great stats have not transferred to playoff victories like they have for teams like Pittsburgh.

I really hope the Saints turn it around and become a winning team, year after year. At that point, you'll understand what I mean about mid season stats not amounting to much. Until then, hold those stats close to your heart. It is all you and your other Saints fans have right now. I suppose you need to start somewhere, right?

For the record, I am enjoying this discussion. I appreciate it not de-genereating to a "you suck" conversation. Thanks buddy.

-Mike

BigSaint8050
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Just a comparison.

Week eight stats mean nothing to playoff teams. Guys like yourself get all excited about stats in week eight since the playoffs are somewhat of a foreign concept. Sorry, that's true. As for me, I'm used to watching my team win games. Stats really don't matter to me. This is why I brought up Manning. He has all the great stats you could ever want. As I look over his playoff record, those great stats have not transferred to playoff victories like they have for teams like Pittsburgh.

I really hope the Saints turn it around and become a winning team, year after year. At that point, you'll understand what I mean about mid season stats not amounting to much. Until then, hold those stats close to your heart. It is all you and your other Saints fans have right now. I suppose you need to start somewhere, right?

For the record, I am enjoying this discussion. I appreciate it not de-genereating to a "you suck" conversation. Thanks buddy.

-Mike

I understand what you mean about mid-season stats, however its the only gauge we have to tell who is who right now.

You are right about every traditions starts somewhere, lets hope (well for us Saints fans anyway) that this is the start of one for us.

MJ5150
11-07-2006, 08:00 PM
You are right about every traditions starts somewhere, lets hope (well for us Saints fans anyway) that this is the start of one for us.

I'd love to see the Saints turn it around for a few years. I liked watching the Saints back in the Rickey Jackson and Sam Mills days.

As for me, I hope it starts after this weekends game. :D

-Mike

RowHH
11-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Turnovers are the obvious key, but I wonder if this isn't a letdown game for the Saints. They're 6-2, they can afford a loss. This is a non-conference game against a team being described as "chumps" in their hometown newspaper and also being laughed at in the national sports media.

With that said, there's no real reason to believe the Steelers will play any differently this week than they have for the last month.

Rotorhead
11-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Well the Saints have had alot of talent for a number of years, just lacked a good QB. This year they scored bigtime with Brees so I think they will have a good team for a few years. However, if you are going by stats and all, you can look at the Steelers stats and see the only reason for most of our losses is turnovers, stupid ones at that. We held the Raiders to 98 total off yards for pete's sake! Our Def has kept us in games despite the multitude of turnovers. We had chances (despite 4 previous turnovers) to beat Denver (a top NFL team) late in the 4th quarter. We know that our team is capable of winning big, so I wouldn't be so confident about your Saints. While they are a good team, so are the Steelers and if we eliminate the turnovers, we will win. So . . .
34-17 Steelers win (without the turnovers)
28-24 Saints win (with turnovers)

Louisiana Cajun VooDoo
11-08-2006, 03:37 AM
From Bobby Hebert

Saints 47
Steelers 7

You cannot possibly believe that the Saints will lose to a disruptive organization that is spinning out of control like Bush's war in Iraq. Vote Democrat and be a Saint.

stillers4me
11-08-2006, 05:36 AM
From Bobby Hebert

Saints 47
Steelers 7

You cannot possibly believe that the Saints will lose to a disruptive organization that is spinning out of control like Bush's war in Iraq. Vote Democrat and be a Saint.

Your playing the Steelers, not the Ben-gal's this weekend.

If we can hold on to the ball and still lose, it's because some of the players are are sore and walking funny after Cowher ripped a few new ones this week in practice. May not be such a bad thing.........

greenparrot
11-08-2006, 08:29 AM
greenparrot.....I am sure the Steelers defense will prepare for each and every Saints offfensive "weapon". You have seriously got to be kidding me if you think Reggie Bush is some stud that opposing defenses need to game plan for.
Keep things in perspective...that's not what was said. As you said....he will be accounted for. He will not be treated as some 3rd rounder just filling in for an injured starter.

Listen....most Saints fans can tell you that they think Regiie has been thinking home run on every play...not taking the holes that are there and beiung patient. But...seriously there have been few openings for Bush in the running game...or even Deuce for that matter. Reggie had probably been hit in the backfield more than not. So yes...PB will give him significant attention in the game plan along with the others because they know he can burn them if allowed to run in space.

greenparrot
11-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Turnovers are the obvious key, but I wonder if this isn't a letdown game for the Saints. They're 6-2, they can afford a loss. This is a non-conference game against a team being described as "chumps" in their hometown newspaper and also being laughed at in the national sports media.

With that said, there's no real reason to believe the Steelers will play any differently this week than they have for the last month.

Believe me...not likely. You can never have enuf wins.

greenparrot
11-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Well the Saints have had alot of talent for a number of years, just lacked a good QB. This year they scored bigtime with Brees so I think they will have a good team for a few years. However, if you are going by stats and all, you can look at the Steelers stats and see the only reason for most of our losses is turnovers, stupid ones at that. We held the Raiders to 98 total off yards for pete's sake! Our Def has kept us in games despite the multitude of turnovers. We had chances (despite 4 previous turnovers) to beat Denver (a top NFL team) late in the 4th quarter. We know that our team is capable of winning big, so I wouldn't be so confident about your Saints. While they are a good team, so are the Steelers and if we eliminate the turnovers, we will win. So . . .
34-17 Steelers win (without the turnovers)
28-24 Saints win (with turnovers)

True...the Steelers (particularly in today's NFL) are certainly capable of competing with any team. But when does a turnover problem repeatedly occurring become part & parcel of your team identity. That's the question for any hope the rest of the season because a win Sunday just may prolong the inevitable if it is really part of the teams MO.

greenparrot
11-08-2006, 08:38 AM

-Mike

you're right...stats ARE for losers....but losers also usually have bad stats.

Jonesy77
11-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Nothing but respect for the Steelers organization and all it has accomplished. Sunday will not be their day, though. All I ask is that your Steelers bring their "A" game and don't let up. I don't want to hear excuses on Monday. Here's to a clean, injury-free game. Bring it.

greenparrot
11-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Well the Steelers offense for the most part does great moving the ball down the field. But this year when the offense gets in the redzone it self destructs itself with turn overs. .

What is the reason for all the sacks this year....new personnel on the O line or more passing or what???

As for all the Saints fans flooding this board this week. I don't mind you all coming here and I don't blame you guys for being excited about your team. The Saints are playing well. But if you are just coming here to rub it in and talk smack go back to the Saints board you came from where you can slob on the Saints knobs all you want.

I'm not sure where there is much "rubbing it in". We're always excited about our team....it's just they haven't always been excited about us.

BigSaint8050
11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Keep things in perspective...that's not what was said. As you said....he will be accounted for. He will not be treated as some 3rd rounder just filling in for an injured starter.

Listen....most Saints fans can tell you that they think Regiie has been thinking home run on every play...not taking the holes that are there and beiung patient. But...seriously there have been few openings for Bush in the running game...or even Deuce for that matter. Reggie had probably been hit in the backfield more than not. So yes...PB will give him significant attention in the game plan along with the others because they know he can burn them if allowed to run in space.

I'ts not Bush's recent production you key for (Remember his first couple of games were decent, not great but definitly not Tampa/Baltimore bad). I think Reggie and his ability to line up in muliple positions is what gives defenses reason for concern. He lines up in the backfield, catches the ball coming out of the backfield, lines up at WR, returns punts, etc. Also remember this about Reggie Bush, he has accounted for 30 1st downs in 8 games.

MJ5150
11-08-2006, 07:46 PM
you're right...stats ARE for losers....

I wouldn't take it that far. Trust me on this my friend......when you are supporting a team that actually wins consistently, you'll come to trealize that seeing your teams players all over the top of the stat charts is just not a bug deal. It really isn't to me, never has been.

As far as being losers......well, Manning hasn't won squat in the playoffs. Maybe someone should ask him what he prefers? Wins or stats? What do you think?

-Mike

steelcurtain09
11-08-2006, 09:19 PM
do the Steelers have an "A" game this year? The reason for the turnovers is that the Steelers are not playing Steeler football.....RUSHING the ball. 105yd per game vs 138 last year forcing more passing & turnovers. I think the loss of Bettis really hurts. The Sttelers woes will continue until they rush more consistently.
wit the jax game bein the only real exception the Steelers have brought an "A" game every single game.
the problem is it isnt their "A" game.
they have been movin the ball up and down the field on all the teams they have played while the D has been shuttin every one down.
the problem is turnovers.
Period.
End of discussion

0-1 turnovers
Steelers 35
Saints 10

2-3
Steelers 2-
Saints 2-
could go either way

4+
Steelers 16
Saints 2-

PAMillerGrrl83
11-08-2006, 10:20 PM
wit the jax game bein the only real exception the Steelers have brought an "A" game every single game.
they have been movin the ball up and down the field on all the teams they have played while the D has been shuttin every one down.
Period.
End of discussion

0-1 turnovers
Steelers 35
Saints 10

2-3
Steelers 2-
Saints 2-
could go either way

4+
Steelers 16
Saints 2-

I agree with you 100%. :iagree:

MJ5150
11-08-2006, 11:16 PM
I don't want to hear excuses on Monday.

If the Steelers end up winning on Sunday, not a single one of you Saints fans who have joined us in the last week will ever come back to this board.

If the Saints win, you will all come back to tell us how right you were. Such is the life of a fan who doesn't know how to act when his/her team has a winning record.

It's alright though. Win or lose, Steeler Nation will always remain strong. As soon as the Saints start losing, all these "fans" will disappear.

-Mike

MJ5150
11-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Keep things in perspective...that's not what was said.

Read back through this thread, and you'll see a couple of your Saint buddies going on and on about Reggie Bush, as if he is some stud offenisve weapon that is going to light the Steelers up.

As I've been saying, I am only replying to the stuff you Saints fans want to bring up. You guys are the ones who came over here and joined our board and started talking trash about your almighty team. I appreciate the Saints fans who have come over here to talk about the game, not the ones who want to run their mouth like the Saints are some mighty NFC powerhouse. It's only been EIGHT weeks people.

-Mike

xxmagicmanxx
11-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Run a Madden 07 PC league (http://www.geocities.com/xxdabus36xx/league.html) irrelevant, I know, but I had to play the Saints this week. Won the game 24-20 in the 4th quarter on a 27-yarder from Big Ben to Nate Washington. I see the actual Steelers game being close to the same. In my game, Ben was only 9 for 24 passing for 174 and a TD with 2 INT's. (No I don't suck, he was just having an off game against the Saints constant zone defense.) Parker was solid with 12 carries for 104 and 2 touchdowns including a 53-yarder up the gut. Brees was decent but the Steelers defense got off the field on key 3rd down stops and the secondary did a solid job batting away passes and not getting lost out there.

It's actually kind of funny. My record is 3-6 now just as they are in real life. Different losses to different teams then the actual Steelers but it is the same record (hopefully after this week's game.) I'll keep trying to win out for us superstitious fans as I am one also. :smile:

Just thought it was interesting and maybe a sign. I sure hope so.

Broncos724
11-09-2006, 01:02 AM
All I know is you have to be ready for a physical game when you play the Steelers. The Broncos may have won last week but just about everyone on defense had an injury. Hines Ward gave two of our defenders concussions on blocks!!! Someone else may have had a concussion too...anyway what I'm getting at is I'm not sure the Saints are physical enough to beat the Steelers. They seem like more of a finesse offense with Reggie Bush and Marques Colston. On defense I really don't know how they play.

Then again the Steelers may get their turnover game going again, not a good thing. Ultimately though I don't think the Saints defense can capitalize on turnovers like Denver could (or should I say Champ Bailey could :wink02: ) and the Steelers win a close one.

Pittsburgh 24
New Orleans 21

greenparrot
11-09-2006, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't take it that far. Trust me on this my friend......when you are supporting a team that actually wins consistently, you'll come to trealize that seeing your teams players all over the top of the stat charts is just not a bug deal. It really isn't to me, never has been.

As far as being losers......well, Manning hasn't won squat in the playoffs. Maybe someone should ask him what he prefers? Wins or stats? What do you think?

-Mike

It's not their offensive stats but the Colts defensive stats that are relevant. Mannings stats are what they are because they had to be in order for them to win. He is not allowed to manage a game...score enuf points....limit turnovers etc.

All I'm saying is that successfull teams usually have a combination of good stats in the right areas. Many PB fans on this board frequently quote stats....high ranking offense....high ranking defense.....turnovers eys. Stats in themself are not self determining but can be very illustrative.

Saints Fan
11-09-2006, 09:25 AM
If the Steelers end up winning on Sunday, not a single one of you Saints fans who have joined us in the last week will ever come back to this board.

If the Saints win, you will all come back to tell us how right you were. Such is the life of a fan who doesn't know how to act when his/her team has a winning record.

It's alright though. Win or lose, Steeler Nation will always remain strong. As soon as the Saints start losing, all these "fans" will disappear.

-Mike

On the contrary, we have had to deal with many losing seasons. The seats are sold year in and year out at the superdome, so we are not going to cut and run when our team starts losing. All the saints fans have to go on is blind faith and (probability now) that our team will do well.
The shoe is on the other foot this year, how will the steelers fans deal with the sobering fact that their team will likely go below .500.

greenparrot
11-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Period.
End of discussion

0-1 turnovers
Steelers 35
Saints 10

2-3
Steelers 2-
Saints 2-
could go either way

4+
Steelers 16
Saints 2-

assuming each team has o-1 turnovers....PB better score at least 21-24 to win. Outside of SD...Saints will be best offense PB have seen all year...maybe better than SD when all is said and done.

greenparrot
11-09-2006, 09:45 AM

-Mike

check the record....as I said in another post...we went to the Baltimore board w: congrats.

as far as fan support we don't take a back seat to anybody. we just haven't been priveledged to be bystanders to success like you have. 40 years...what 4-5 playoff appearences...1 playoff win....numerous losing & hopeless seasons....and we're still here. It's just amazing to us who don't have winning to fall back on how negative things are on this board after winning the SB last year....I guess a different perspective.

greenparrot
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
All I know is you have to be ready for a physical game when you play the Steelers. The Broncos may have won last week but just about everyone on defense had an injury. Hines Ward gave two of our defenders concussions on blocks!!! Someone else may have had a concussion too...anyway what I'm getting at is I'm not sure the Saints are physical enough to beat the Steelers. They seem like more of a finesse offense with Reggie Bush and Marques Colston. On defense I really don't know how they play.

Then again the Steelers may get their turnover game going again, not a good thing. Ultimately though I don't think the Saints defense can capitalize on turnovers like Denver could (or should I say Champ Bailey could :wink02: ) and the Steelers win a close one.

Pittsburgh 24
New Orleans 21

you know...if it turns out like that I wll take it as a good sign for the Saints for the rest of the season. Going in to PB & competing in hostile territory against a self described (By PB Fans assuming low TO's) SB contender with a new coach, system, QB & 3 rookies on offense. Sure I want to win...but a good performance will indicate good things vs the Carolina's, Cincys, Atlantas etc.

DOMEDOG316
11-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Saints 31
Steelers 28

John Carney hits one late.

I like how the Steelers are sayin' they beat themselves and that the Saints aren't a threat. If you look at the game we played vs. Baltimore it was the same thing. We beat ourselves. It was the same with Carolina. The Saints are for real ya'll.....even if they don't beat the Steelers.

shrike3000
11-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Saints 37
Steelers 34

I see a high scoring affair coming.

STEELCRTN4EVER
11-09-2006, 12:36 PM
IF we don't run our turnover game I don't see a really high scoring affair as far as the Saints are concerned. The Saints are a very good football team but I don't think anyone from NO understands the pain that the Steelers defense will dish out come Sunday. You had better believe that this will be the most physical game the Steelers have played all year. I think our D will let it all hang out, that may not feel good depending on where it sticks.

You had better make sure Reggie can hold on to the ball, the opportunist will be coming from every direction.

O-1 TO's 21-10 Steelers

More than 3....Oh my gosh I hope not.

shrike3000
11-09-2006, 12:37 PM
IF we don't run our turnover game I don't see a really high scoring affair as far as the Saints are concerned. The Saints are a very good football team but I don't think anyone from NO understands the pain that the Steelers defense will dish out come Sunday. You had better believe that this will be the most physical game the Steelers have played all year. I think our D will let it all hang out, that may not feel good depending on where it sticks.

You had better make sure Reggie can hold on to the ball, the opportunist will be coming from every direction.

O-1 TO's 21-10 Steelers

More than 3....Oh my gosh I hope not.

Well the Ravens played us pretty darn physical and we put up 314 Passing Yards and scored 3 TD's in the Air.

STEELCRTN4EVER
11-09-2006, 01:18 PM
The Ravens played you physical......get ready for the NFL!

shrike3000
11-09-2006, 01:35 PM
The Ravens played you physical......get ready for the NFL!

Were you playing in the NFL when the Falcons were throwing all over the field?

STEELCRTN4EVER
11-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Vick had a good game and we lost in overtime, the Saints won't score 38 unless we cough up the ball 5 or 6 times again.

shrike3000
11-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Vick had a good game and we lost in overtime, the Saints won't score 38 unless we cough up the ball 5 or 6 times again.

Ok, I am just curious. I said the Ravens played us physical and you said "Physical? Get ready for the NFL!" So....

Do you think the Steelers D is better than the Ravens?

MJ5150
11-09-2006, 08:15 PM
The shoe is on the other foot this year, how will the steelers fans deal with the sobering fact that their team will likely go below .500.

Living in the Seattle area prevents me from being at every home game in Heinz Field. I do go to Steeler road games when they play out this way. As an example, they were in San Diego and Oakland this year. Both games I attended. I will be in Arizona next year when the Steelers visit the Cardinals.

Being under .500 is no fun. I dislike the feeling. It won't stop me from supporting my favorite team. The idea of doing so never crosses my mind. It's the Steelers, they are my team no matter what happens. It's like a way of life for me.

-Mike

skidboot
11-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Steelers 27
Saints 17

We DON'T go turning the ball over faster than Superman folds laundry and come away with a win.

GoldRush26
11-09-2006, 08:56 PM
All of this "Tradition" talk about how the Saints haven't ever had success and never will is first of all wrong, but second of all pretentious on the part of some of you(not all of you) Steelers fans.

I think it's great that you guys have 5 SB wins. Not many teams will have that distinction for quite a while. The Saints will probably NEVER win 5 SBs. So this means that the Steelers win this game Sunday in a rout? With that logic I guess we shouldn't even show up to the 49ers game. They have 5 SBs too and are guaranteed success against all of the other teams that have never done anything right?

None of your past success or anything you did last year means anything this Sunday. The facts are that the Steelers are 2-6 and the Saints are 6-2 THIS YEAR. We have a team that is highly talented and hitting on all cylinders. Pittsburg is not doing so well. Hey...welcome to OUR world as fans.

The two teams are very similar in offensive and defensive production. True Reggie Bush hasn't had a statistical impact but if you guys think he isn't being gameplanned for think again. He is a major reason why our WRs have run wild on the league. Most of our scoring passes have been off of play action to Reggie. If you want to call him a bust do so but we haven't needed any TDs from him. He's been shut down because teams have decided that they would rather let the rest of our team beat them than Reggie. No defense wants to be known as the D that Reggie had his breakout game against.

One stat is profound; Steelers are -11 in turnover margin(which has been beat to death in this thread). 1 or 2 weeks is an abberation. 8 weeks is a trend. Remember the names Charles Grant and Will Smith. If all stats remain true to form, Saints 31, Steelers 24. If you guys don't turn the ball over(although all evidence says you will), then you probably win this game by the same score.

tony hipchest
11-09-2006, 09:19 PM
All of this "Tradition" talk about how the Saints haven't ever had success and never will is first of all wrong, but second of all pretentious on the part of some of you(not all of you) Steelers fans.

I think it's great that you guys have 5 SB wins. Not many teams will have that distinction for quite a while. The Saints will probably NEVER win 5 SBs. So this means that the Steelers win this game Sunday in a rout? With that logic I guess we shouldn't even show up to the 49ers game. They have 5 SBs too and are guaranteed success against all of the other teams that have never done anything right?

None of your past success or anything you did last year means anything this Sunday. The facts are that the Steelers are 2-6 and the Saints are 6-2 THIS YEAR. We have a team that is highly talented and hitting on all cylinders. Pittsburg is not doing so well. Hey...welcome to OUR world as fans.

The two teams are very similar in offensive and defensive production. True Reggie Bush hasn't had a statistical impact but if you guys think he isn't being gameplanned for think again. He is a major reason why our WRs have run wild on the league. Most of our scoring passes have been off of play action to Reggie. If you want to call him a bust do so but we haven't needed any TDs from him. He's been shut down because teams have decided that they would rather let the rest of our team beat them than Reggie. No defense wants to be known as the D that Reggie had his breakout game against.

One stat is profound; Steelers are -11 in turnover margin(which has been beat to death in this thread). 1 or 2 weeks is an abberation. 8 weeks is a trend. Remember the names Charles Grant and Will Smith. If all stats remain true to form, Saints 31, Steelers 24. If you guys don't turn the ball over(although all evidence says you will), then you probably win this game by the same score.great (and very accurate ) post. while m. colston deservs the roy award it IS r. bush who has had the greatest impact on his team. does anyone believe the sainst would be doing the same with m williams in the line up?

this game (just like EVERY other steelers game this year) will come down to steelers turnovers. hold the ball and steelers will destroy every team in the league. turn it over 4 times and they will lose to the likes of the raiders and cardinals.

Preacher
11-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Just to answer your question. 2000 was the first and last playoff victory for this team.... I am glad what the Steelers have done before this season is gonna play a role in this game.... If thats the case then the Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers and Packers are the teams to beat, right?

Through the years... through the decades... except for the Packers... Yep, they are the teams to beat. How many years has teams dreaded coming through Pittsburgh, Dallas (who is on the rise again), San Fran (no comment now! but you wait).

MJ5150
11-09-2006, 11:15 PM
All of this "Tradition" talk about how the Saints haven't ever had success and never will is first of all wrong

Well, you guys have had seven winning seasons in 40 years. Some of your best teams lost in the first round of the playoffs. You have a total of ONE playoff win. Cap that off with the fact that you have over 100 more losses than victories since 1967. While the Saint organization has enjoyed an occasional winning season, I would not consider the entire franchise to be a winning franchise. But hey, it's only my opinion on that matter.

I never used that logic to justify a Steeler rout. I have not even predicted a Steeler rout. I will continue to bring up the Steeler tradition to every Saints fan who wants to come on this board and start running their mouth about how great the Saints are. It's cool that your team is doing well, and it's cool you guys are getting behind your team. I'm not trying to ruin your excitement, just reminding you guys to tone it down a notch. NFL fans have seen this before from the Saints, and it doesn't amount to much in the end. This would be why I am not afraid of the Saints, or think we are going to get blown out by a team that has won six games this year out of eight.

Yes, tradition does matter. No Saints fan has been able to explain to me why the Saints have been a perennial losing franchise. I can easily explain why the Steelers are considered a "winning" franchise, and it has to do with how the organization is handled from the top down. Will the fact that the Steelers won the SB in 1975 directly impact the game on Sunday? No. Will the fact that this organization has continually proved it can produce a winner on the field impact Sundays game? You bet.

Look.....you guys have a good team. That much is obvious. But to act like you guys are on your way to the SB after EIGHT games is ridiculous. I've said it before, I am happy to see it turning around in NOLA. I just hope you guys have a bad day this Sunday. :smile:

-Mike

greenparrot
11-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Well, you guys have had seven winning seasons in 40 years. Some of your best teams lost in the first round of the playoffs. You have a total of ONE playoff win. Cap that off with the fact that you have over 100 more losses than victories since 1967. While the Saint organization has enjoyed an occasional winning season, I would not consider the entire franchise to be a winning franchise. But hey, it's only my opinion on that matter.That's a moot point!

I never used that logic to justify a Steeler rout. I have not even predicted a Steeler rout. I will continue to bring up the Steeler tradition to every Saints fan who wants to come on this board and start running their mouth about how great the Saints are.. I'd still like to know what the Steeler tradition has to do with this game or this season or why it is a necessary response. Whoever win Sunday is the team that plays better...simple. Our tradition hasn't hindered us so far this year & your hasn't helped. Now....if a Saints fan wants to spout off about history or organizational compentancy that another story....but that hasn't happened to my knowledge.

No Saints fan has been able to explain to me why the Saints have been a perennial losing franchise. Ownership!

But to act like you guys are on your way to the SB after EIGHT games is ridiculous. That's not an accurate assessment of most Saints fans expectations. I think in some Steelers fans minds that the remotest expectation of a Steerlers loss to these upstarts (Saints) is an insult to their organization & history. It's just one game.

hobowitharolex
11-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Saints - 38
Steelers - 33

As a Saints fan I would like to speak from a point of experience. Once your team realizes that they are done this early in the season (I know the Steelers are not use to this, we have been) teams usually fall apart or start to concern themselves with not getting injured.

I rooted for the Steelers in the past Super Bowl, but I think the "heart of the champion" died with the loss to the Raiders. I think the Saints win this game only because they have more to play for.

vasteeler
11-10-2006, 11:55 AM
we give the saints 21 pts off turnovers and we loose by 3
saints 24
steelers 21

sumo
11-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Saints - 38
Steelers - 33

As a Saints fan I would like to speak from a point of experience. Once your team realizes that they are done this early in the season (I know the Steelers are not use to this, we have been) teams usually fall apart or start to concern themselves with not getting injured.

I rooted for the Steelers in the past Super Bowl, but I think the "heart of the champion" died with the loss to the Raiders. I think the Saints win this game only because they have more to play for.

I think your point is correct with teams like the Saints and the Cards - following the Cards, I see this happen on almost an annual basis - but it won't happen with the Steelers - win or lose they won't fall a part and play without intensity .. they have already lost some tough games this year - but they have come to play their hearts out the following week and they will continue to

SteelersWoman
11-10-2006, 12:36 PM
With everything's that's been happening all over the league the last week or two, nothing would surprise me.

Just this past week we saw a 7-0 team fall to a 1-6 team, the Cowboys/Redskins amazing finish, the Vikes fall to a team they were supposed to win easily over, you had the on fire Falcons falling apart to a team they probably should've disassembled, you get a ususally unflappable Tom Brady throwing 3 INTs, and us losing to a team that was definitely more embarrassing than a loss to the Saints would be.

So for either team's fans to have the courage to come on here and say what IS gonna happen (win/loss wise), I tip my hat--we should all know after the past two weeks that ANYthing's possible.

So I'll just say that I know our guys are "capable" of it, (referring to the thread entitled "a quick NFL quiz" earlier today) and if they win, it wouldn't surprise me.

However--if the Saints win, that wouldn't surprise me either, and I'd be happy for them and their fans.

Here's to a good, injury free game :thumbsup: :cheer:

STEELCRTN4EVER
11-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Yes, I do think we have a better "D" than Baltimore......HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!!!

I don't dislike the Saints at all, well, I do this week!!!

greenparrot
11-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Yes, I do think we have a better "D" than Baltimore......HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!!!

I don't dislike the Saints at all, well, I do this week!!!

Why?

St. Pike
11-10-2006, 05:49 PM

Tom

Any team that bring their "A" game will win! Its impossible to play an "A" game and lose.

St. Pike
11-10-2006, 05:53 PM
With everything's that's been happening all over the league the last week or two, nothing would surprise me.

Just this past week we saw a 7-0 team fall to a 1-6 team, the Cowboys/Redskins amazing finish, the Vikes fall to a team they were supposed to win easily over, you had the on fire Falcons falling apart to a team they probably should've disassembled, you get a ususally unflappable Tom Brady throwing 3 INTs, and us losing to a team that was definitely more embarrassing than a loss to the Saints would be.

So for either team's fans to have the courage to come on here and say what IS gonna happen (win/loss wise), I tip my hat--we should all know after the past two weeks that ANYthing's possible.

So I'll just say that I know our guys are "capable" of it, (referring to the thread entitled "a quick NFL quiz" earlier today) and if they win, it wouldn't surprise me.

However--if the Saints win, that wouldn't surprise me either, and I'd be happy for them and their fans.

Here's to a good, injury free game :thumbsup: :cheer:

DITTO, I have been preaching on Saintsreport.com for years that today's NFL there are no such thing as an easy game. Most games usually come down to untimely mistakes, whether it is turnover or a penalty, often that is that separates teams these days.

St. Pike
11-10-2006, 06:13 PM
No Saints fan has been able to explain to me why the Saints have been a perennial losing franchise. I can easily explain why the Steelers are considered a "winning" franchise, and it has to do with how the organization is handled from the top down.

You answered your own question when you exlain why the Steelers is a winning franchise.
In the early years the team was run by a good intention, but an ignorant owner named, John Mecham Jr. He continously hired poor General managers who often hired questionable coaches. When they did hire good coaches, they lost patience with them (Hank Stram), or they had questionable personnel (Bum Phillips).

Its not a surprise that when the Saints finally did when they had quality from top to bottom. We were also bless with good timing. Jim Finks was hired as a General manager, and he hired a promising coach, Jim Mora. This coincided with the demise of the USFL. With these additions, along with a good draft, combines with a good core, Morten Anderson, Ricky Jackson, Jim Wilks and frank Warren, the Saints enjyed their best years. The Saints missed their window with the only mistake the franchise made, not resigning Bobby Hebert.

Salary Cap and age reduce the team to the average ranks. Jim Mora quit and the team lost most of their Marquee players. The ulitmate idotic move occured, the hiring of Mike Ditka. The team went from no names to no talent. The Ricky Williams deal set the franchise back.

The second worse move was the hiring of Haslet. Unfortunately, he did everything right his first year, and nothing right thereafter. He survived as a head coach because of that one successful year.

Furthermore, the turning point for the fans was Jim Mora and his famous speech, "woulda, coulda, shoulda." The media was playing what ifs, and playing up the moral victory card. Moras set the city straight, no more accepting mediocrity or coming close. Unfortunately Benson reverteed to poor management with failing to find a suitable general manager, and the hiring of Mike Ditka. It weeks of Mecham!

In conclusion, when I was a little boy, about 7 years old, I ask my father why the Saints always lose,... he shook his head, and said, "I don't know." Maybe the question just isn't possible to truely answer to anyone's satisfaction?????

St. Pike
11-10-2006, 06:22 PM

According Vegas (last I heard) The saints are the dog. Since can teams "afford" to lose. Saints history is filled with missing out by one game. They are count, and no team can truely "afford" to lose any game, especially the first 3- quarter of the season

MJ5150
11-10-2006, 06:24 PM
I'd still like to know what the Steeler tradition has to do with this game or this season or why it is a necessary response.

I think in some Steelers fans minds that the remotest expectation of a Steerlers loss to these upstarts (Saints) is an insult to their organization & history. It's just one game.

I mean this in all respect, but I think you may be missing my point. I do not think the Steelers will win the game Sunday because they have a winning tradition. I never attribute automatic Steeler wins to the history of the franchise. The fact that the players on this Steelers team have been winners will have an impact on this game. I make the Steeler "tradition" comment to every bandwagon Saint fan who want to talk like their team is on the verge of greatness.

I'll try to explain what I mean about the "tradition". I apologize if I am boring you with things you already know, but you asked me to explain. Within an organization, you have a mentality among everyone involved from the owner down to the coach. The management brings in players who fit that mentality, and groom young players to fit within it. That mentality is displayed on the field at times when a difficult situation arises on the game or season. Owners, players, and coaches who are used to winning and have been winners have that mental edge that players, coaches and owners from non-winning franchises do not. I don't fully understand it, I've never played the game. You hear it talked about all the time by NFL players, coaches and owners, and it is sound reasoning to me. I'm not making this up, surely you are familiar with what I am talking about.

If the Steelers take a loss on Sunday, I will not consider it an insult to the organization. As long as it was a fair and square loss, I'll acknowledge it and move on. Better times are ahead for the Steelers, I am confident of that. It can't get much worse. :smile:

Regarding the Saints fans expectations. The Saints fans I have dealt with this week, and the couple previous are acting like a trip to the SB is next. I understand that you do not feel that way, so feel free to exclude yourself from my sweeping generalization about the other rabid Saint fans. Being excited about your teams chances is a good thing, and I honestly am happy for you guys.

-Mike

greenparrot
11-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I mean this in all respect, but I think you may be missing my point. I do not think the Steelers will win the game Sunday because they have a winning tradition. I never attribute automatic Steeler wins to the history of the franchise. The fact that the players on this Steelers team have been winners will have an impact on this game. I make the Steeler "tradition" comment to every bandwagon Saint fan who want to talk like their team is on the verge of greatness.

I'll try to explain what I mean about the "tradition". I apologize if I am boring you with things you already know, but you asked me to explain. Within an organization, you have a mentality among everyone involved from the owner down to the coach. The management brings in players who fit that mentality, and groom young players to fit within it. That mentality is displayed on the field at times when a difficult situation arises on the game or season. Owners, players, and coaches who are used to winning and have been winners have that mental edge that players, coaches and owners from non-winning franchises do not. I don't fully understand it, I've never played the game. You hear it talked about all the time by NFL players, coaches and owners, and it is sound reasoning to me. I'm not making this up, surely you are familiar with what I am talking about.

If the Steelers take a loss on Sunday, I will not consider it an insult to the organization. As long as it was a fair and square loss, I'll acknowledge it and move on. Better times are ahead for the Steelers, I am confident of that. It can't get much worse. :smile:

Regarding the Saints fans expectations. The Saints fans I have dealt with this week, and the couple previous are acting like a trip to the SB is next. I understand that you do not feel that way, so feel free to exclude yourself from my sweeping generalization about the other rabid Saint fans. Being excited about your teams chances is a good thing, and I honestly am happy for you guys.

-Mike

Ironically, I heard Bubbie Brister on a New Orleans radio station last night & he said things were expected on Steeler players when they put on that uniform. I have never doubted that.

I guess when you are debating on a message board its hard to keep a proper perspective when many diferent people are posting & responding not in an particular order. I try just to keep things in perspective.

Saints in the SB? well....I'll let you know after the next 3 games. We are essentially a new team in which as fans we don't feel on completely firm ground yet. But in today's NFL & considering we are in the NFC who knows.

Sundays game? I think if you take away the turnovers & sacks of the Steelers...the Saints & Steelers are very close statistically. Therefore in games void of these I give the Steelers a slight edge...being at home & all especially. If there is a material difference in the net turnovers that team will win. The only question I have about the Steelers is there lack of a usual running game has forced them to pass more...thereby causing more sacks & turnovers...I don't think Ben was made to pass 33 times a game. The increase in passing stats over last year for the Steelers is amazing & i'm sure they will try to rectify that in the offseason.

Good luck!!

Elvis
11-12-2006, 08:16 AM
I for one loved Bubby Brister
The final score today
steelers 13
Saints 24
:tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :helmet: :coffee:

Infamix
11-12-2006, 09:12 AM
I feel like a fan who has to predict a loss today

Steelers
11-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Ben's not the problem. The guy threw for over 400 yards last week and his only INTs were a tipped ball and a last-ditch desperation chuck into the air at the end.

'Aints: 35
Stillers: 14

BlacknGold76
11-12-2006, 01:05 PM
PITTSBURGH STEELER FOOTBALL PRACTICE WAS DELAYED NEARLY TWO HOURS TODAY AFTER A PLAYER REPORTED FINDING AN UNKNOWN WHITE POWDERY SUBSTANCE ON THE PRACTICE FIELD. HEAD COACH BILL COWHER IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED PRACTICE AND CALLED THE POLICE AND FEDERAL INVESTIGATORS. AFTER A COMPLETE ANALYSIS,FBI FORENSIC EXPERTS DETERMINED THAT THE WHITE SUBSTANCE UNKNOWN TO THE STEELER PLAYERS WAS THE [GOAL LINE]. PRATICE RESUMED AFTER SPECIAL AGENTS DECIDED THE TEAM WAS UNLIKELY TO ENCOUNTER THE SUBSTANCE AGAIN THIS SEASON.

:blah: :blah: :blah: get some new material:yawn: :yawn:

touchdownward
11-12-2006, 01:23 PM
BIG day for Ward and Ben. Steelers roll early but let saints back in it 34-28 Steelers.

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 01:32 PM
31-17 steelers. saints see a new defense with 3 cb's in the backfield. passing game cant quite get on track. r. bush scores his 1st non special teams td however.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2006, 01:42 PM
34-28 Steelers....Miller has a touchdown and Parker shows Bush what real moves are with another 100+ game

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 02:03 PM
34-28 Steelers....Miller has a touchdown and Parker shows Bush what real moves are with another 100+ game i think its imperative to get heath involved early.
batch is in by the 4th quarter and najeh gets a td in mop up time

BlacknGold76
11-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Steelers 24 Saints 7:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :helmet: :helmet:

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 04:27 PM
well, heath was involved early.

reggie got his 1st non st td.

lets hope the rest of my prediction is true.

Ambridge
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM
well, heath was involved early.

Just like the disappearing running attack.

MJ5150
11-12-2006, 08:47 PM
THANK YOU STEELERS!! THANK YOU!!

It feels good to be right after all the effort I went through to defend the Steelers in this thread.

-Mike

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2006, 05:08 AM
34-28 Steelers....Miller has a touchdown and Parker shows Bush what real moves are with another 100+ game

38-31 Steelers....Miller had a touchdown and Parker showed Bush what real moves are with another 100+ game

...THATS PRETTY CLOSE!!!!