PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward... Punt Returner?

polamalufan43
11-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Well, i was watching the everning sports and there was an interview with Hines Ward. They showed some old footage of Hines returning a few punts. He was pretty SWEET doing that. So, does anyone think we should take the risk and let him handle a few punt returns as well as his usual receiving duties in the next few games?

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Not as a 9 year veteran. You get that duty as a rook (Swann/Hines/Randel-El) and for the sake of your long term career hope to become a successful enough every down player that they do not want to risk getting you hurt on returns.

Glace
11-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Hines would give us the hands and the ball protection....but you need pure speed and agility for kick returns.

We need to get Reid healed up and back there.

I think Holmes could be a great return guy.....all he has to do is PROTECT THE FOOTBALL

touchdownward
11-06-2006, 08:56 PM
One word.....Hamstrings. He's had a problem with these over the years, no sense in risking it for returns. How fast is McFadden?

holmes
11-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Will never happen

MACH1
11-07-2006, 12:51 AM
best player on the team----NOT GONNA HAPPEN

Preacher
11-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Can Rod Woodson still run???????????????:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

SteelersWoman
11-07-2006, 07:04 AM
Speed? How about Willie as our PR til Reid's better? :D Just kiddin around....lol

Infamix
11-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Speed? How about Willie as our PR til Reid's better? :D Just kiddin around....lol

I put Parker in as kick returner in Madden and my friend gets ****ed up every time. Maybe not a bad idea

DACEB
11-07-2006, 09:25 AM
The way I look at it, right now don't put anyone back to return. Rush all 11 men and try to block the punt. It's better than someone just standing there watching the ball bounce around. For real, who among us is 'nt holding their breath every time the other team punts!

BigDuke6
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
The way I look at it, right now don't put anyone back to return. Rush all 11 men and try to block the punt. It's better than someone just standing there watching the ball bounce around. For real, who among us is 'nt holding their breath every time the other team punts!

I change the channel, cause I just cant watch. Same goes for KOs

ARKIESTEEL
11-07-2006, 10:59 AM
No on Ward as a punt returner.......but Parker seems like not so bad an idea if Davenport could carry the ball a little more and let parker rest

1NYSTEELER1
11-07-2006, 11:16 AM
What ever happened to that little guy we had returning punts last year........you know the guy he played receiver also. I think his # was something like 82. Where did he go? I mean maybe we should put out an APB on this guy. I think he did splendidly as a returner. GOD what was his name??????? Something like Anthony Redskin El.....It's right on the tip of my tongue, I hate when that happens.

Anyway maybe Louis Lipps is available????

sumo
11-07-2006, 11:18 AM
We should call a real old reliable guy out of retirement like Tim Brown, Desmond Howard, Via Sikahema, Megget, Mel Blount, Billie Whiteshoes -- these guys all returned punts well and never fumbled ...

blitzburgh5
11-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Didn't some team just release Az Hakim?? Sounds like a legit fit.

PBiddy412
11-07-2006, 03:24 PM

My father mentioned this. Conversation started off as him saying "shit, we should just fair catch the ball everytime. Then he was like, nah, might drop the ball after the fair catch signal. Hell, might as well just rush all 11, maybe we'll block one and get better field position!"