PDA

View Full Version : A Photo Summing Up Our Season...

SteelFan4Life
11-06-2006, 11:25 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/40d28838-7833-4e98-acb4-fbf3af698a88.jpg

I was fortunate enough to attend this past weekend's game vs. the Broncos. Even though the
result stunk, I had a great time. I got to sit in the 'special section' below the open-ended endzone of Heinz Field and even got to try on a SB ring of one of the PR guys. SWEET!

Anyway, after the game one of the AP Press Photo guys snapped a pic of my 'ugly mug'. Above, was the result. A link to the pic on ESPN's Web site is: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=261105023&page=2 Also, it is on the main page for NFL on ESPN's site under the section "Voices".

-----

As depressing as our season has been, I figured this about summed it up. Simple disbelief.

Would love comments...

klick81
11-07-2006, 01:56 AM
Something along those lines...more pissed though.

Preacher
11-07-2006, 02:12 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/40d28838-7833-4e98-acb4-fbf3af698a88.jpg

I was fortunate enough to attend this past weekend's game vs. the Broncos. Even though the
result stunk, I had a great time. I got to sit in the 'special section' below the open-ended endzone of Heinz Field and even got to try on a SB ring of one of the PR guys. SWEET!

Anyway, after the game one of the AP Press Photo guys snapped a pic of my 'ugly mug'. Above, was the result. A link to the pic on ESPN's Web site is: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=261105023&page=2 Also, it is on the main page for NFL on ESPN's site under the section "Voices".

-----

As depressing as our season has been, I figured this about summed it up. Simple disbelief.

Would love comments...

You look more involved then Bill Cowher.

Steel Pit
11-07-2006, 04:36 AM

-----

Would love comments...

Yes Sir, your mug is ugly, I'm just messing with you SteelFan4Life,:cheers: I'm sure that my mug would be a whole lot uglier. I had tickets to the game as well but I decided to let go of them because I didn't want to end up feeling as you did in the photo. But congratulations on the photo opportunity. At least you got a little something out of the trip.

Infamix
11-07-2006, 06:42 AM
That's awesome dude, I saw that on ESPN

83-Steelers-43
11-07-2006, 07:44 AM
http://www.ebuyphils.com/fodnbev_page/special/Butterfinger%20Candy%20Bars%20Fun%20Size.JPG

Stillers43
11-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Very true! Nice photo of butterfingers!

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Next time try showing which team you are rooting for...:bouncy: , but seriuosly to sum up that picture: Disbelief !!!

Infamix
11-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey dude where did you get those steeler nfl gloves from

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-07-2006, 03:05 PM
At least you were STILL AT THE GAME at the end, SteelerFan.

I must say...

Winning or losing, it just SUCKS that people leave the stands with 2:00 left in the game. I am living in Wisconsin, and I'll tell you what, the Packers haven't been good in years, but their FANS stick around in the stadium until the clock reads 0:00 and perhaps even longer. It doesn't matter if it is cold or hot, if the team is down by 31 with a minute to go or up by 31 with the same time...The fans STAY and ROOT for their team.:cheer: :cheer:

I couldn't believe it when I saw the stands at Heinz Field on Sunday evening... PATHETIC... Where is your spirit? This ain't Philly... STICK AROUND...:banana: :banana:

Sorry for the rant, but where are the true HARDCORE fans of our boys? The ones who stick with them through thick and thin???

Ok, time for another smoke...time to calm down...Breathe...

HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!!!!!:tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-07-2006, 03:45 PM

-----

Would love comments...

Nice Pic. Hopefully though we're turning the frowns up side down. If not to a playoff birth, to hopefully a positive end.

SteelFan4Life
11-07-2006, 10:38 PM
@SteelCityMan786 - As terrible as it may sound, I highly 'doubt' we are going to make it to the playoffs. That is HORRIBLE, especially just coming from a SB victory!!

IMHO, we'd have to win the next 7 out of 8 games to have a SMALL chance of sliding into the playoffs as a wild card. I mean - the games left on our schedule that worry me:

-- Saints
-- Panthers
-- Ravens (ugh, never thought I'd see them as a major threat)

So, to say the least - I was BUMMED after the Denver defeat (as the picture shows).

@WisconsinSteelerMan - I agree 110% with you. People begun vacating their seats with at least 5:00 minutes left on the clock. That is just SAD!

I AM a diehard fan and I DO BELIEVE any team can score ANY amount of points regardless of the time left (even if a small miracle is needed). I always stay to the end - no matter the score. I was leaning on the edge of the wall in that pic with about :30 seconds left and stayed that way for a few moments 'reflecting'.

@Infamix - I actually got my pair of NFL Equipment gloves from Ryan Clark after a game this season. He threw them up into the seats after the Chiefs game.

Although, the 'punks' at the Steelers' Sideline stores are now selling similar licensed gloves for $45 a pair. I mean, I have about 4 pairs of gloves from players over the last 4-5 seasons due to being a diehard fan and getting them from the actual players. Now, if you have a little extra $$ - you can buy them? That is junk! haha

@BlacknGold Bleeder - I couldn't help but take on such a pose after the game, bro. It is QUITE SAD that our team has one of the worse NFL records after winning the game. I do have some MUCH HAPPIER pics online from other games/photographers plus my mug was in a few newspapers from the SB game.

@Stillers43 & 83-Steelers-43 - Thanks for the butterfingers, hopefully that implied a 'sweet' from the two of you.

@Infamix (again) - Actually, that pic was on nfl.com, espn.com AND aol.com. Kind of cool to me. Too bad it didn't make any of the Pittsburgh newspapers or USA Today.

@SteelPit - Yeah, I DO have an ugly mugshot - however - I seem to always get the attention (along with my dad) of the cameras and TV cameras. Over the last 10 seasons, we have been in several magazines, newspapers and Web sites.

Thanks for the congrats though. I DID have a great time regardless. Even got to meet Big Ben and got his autograph Saturday evening at the Hilton Hotel. Also, got to try on a SB ring. :) :)

@Preacher - haha - cool beans!

@klick81 - Nah, I cannot really get upset with our Steelers. I mean, we WERE blessed last season with a SB win. Things just are NOT clicking this season.

Thanks for all the comments - keep 'em coming!

Hines0wnz
11-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Disbelief is the most accurate and true feeling I have had this season.

BlacknGold76
11-08-2006, 01:31 AM
At least you were STILL AT THE GAME at the end, SteelerFan.

I must say...

Winning or losing, it just SUCKS that people leave the stands with 2:00 left in the game. I am living in Wisconsin, and I'll tell you what, the Packers haven't been good in years, but their FANS stick around in the stadium until the clock reads 0:00 and perhaps even longer. It doesn't matter if it is cold or hot, if the team is down by 31 with a minute to go or up by 31 with the same time...The fans STAY and ROOT for their team.:cheer: :cheer:

I couldn't believe it when I saw the stands at Heinz Field on Sunday evening... PATHETIC... Where is your spirit? This ain't Philly... STICK AROUND...:banana: :banana:

Sorry for the rant, but where are the true HARDCORE fans of our boys? The ones who stick with them through thick and thin???

Ok, time for another smoke...time to calm down...Breathe...

HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!!!!!:tt02:

Well said!!!!:thumbsup:

melroseplace
11-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Steelfan4Life that's the section I'm in! I'm one of the workers that hands out the Subway/drinks to you guys :thumbsup: aren't those seats pretty awesome? too bad they lost when you were there, hopefully you'll be able to make it to a better game this year!

SteelFan4Life
11-08-2006, 11:22 PM
@melroseplace - That is COOL that you 1) work for the Steelers and Heinz Field 2) you hold such a cool position.

The seating section is kind of nice, but I still prefer sitting behind the Steelers' bench as normal. Just a much better view of the whole game.

So, how long have you worked for the Steelers?

jaysta
11-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Dude...cool that your pic was on ESPN's site. In all of that Black and Gold you're like the Steelers equivalent to the Browns Big Dawg...but much better! We'll win this next one for you so you can get on the cover of "The Magazine"...with a smile! :tt02:

BBC
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20061106wap_fbn_ward_fmblPJ01_450.jpg

I thought this was rather reflective of how the season's been going...

melroseplace
11-09-2006, 08:38 AM
only since April, I do the Steelers Experience at training camp/game days and random special events on weekends. I'm very lucky...if someone told me last year that everything I've done and seen would happen to me I wouldn't have believed it. I try to do my job as best I can to make sure all the other fans have a good time :tt:

skidboot
11-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Could be a whole lot worse Steelerfan4life........you could be a Browns fan.

I think the pic sums up alot of what everyone is going through.

jaysta
11-09-2006, 06:52 PM
only since April, I do the Steelers Experience at training camp/game days and random special events on weekends. I'm very lucky...if someone told me last year that everything I've done and seen would happen to me I wouldn't have believed it. I try to do my job as best I can to make sure all the other fans have a good time :tt:

Just out of curiosity...as a worker what do you get to see or do at the Steelers Experience? All of the NFL experiences I've seen are where the "average Joe" can test their skills by throwing through "donuts", run through obstacle courses built to look like a piece of the field, get pictures behind cutouts of players, etc... It sounds like a cool job. Do you get to spend any time with the team on gameday?

stlrn8n
11-09-2006, 07:16 PM

-----

Would love comments...

Whose ring did you try on? I know someone in the PR dept and was just wondering if it was them. That's pretty cool. Awesome pic, by the way. You must truly be die-hard. We sold our tix because we have over an hour drive and I can watch them fumble, throw interceptions, etc. on my TV just as well as at the game and I haven't dropped $200 in cash doing it. :banging:

SteelFan4Life
11-09-2006, 11:02 PM
@stlrn8n - Actually, my father and I drove a little over 3 hours to watch our Steelers lose. We reside in Western Maryland. Our tickets were free since my dad won them at a raffle during the Steelers Fanatasy Camp.

The guy we know is Mr. John Simpson. Actually, he is a Marketing Assistant. Even though I'm sure his SB ring is not as sweet as the players - it was a special feeling seeing it and trying it on.

@skidboot - Thanks for the comments and glad a few people agree. Also, I'd NEVER be a Browns fan. *ugh*

@melroseplace - Interesting position with the Steelers indeed. They hiring? haha Glad you have a blast and a career with MANY fringe benefits.

@BBC - The play where Hines Ward was spun around on the goaline was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! It was interesting to see, but I was in disbelief. I do agree that is one of the gamtime photos that DOES sum up the horrid season we are having.

@jaysta I do feel blessed to appear in a few nationwide publications. I mean, NFL.com and ESPN.com chose my photo out of 65K screaming fans to use and post. Kind of an honor even though it is a sad pic. Please, I heard that it is featured in a Baton Rouge newspaper (Saints territory). So, trying to get a copy of the article.

Thanks for everyone's views/comments!! Keep em coming!

stlrn8n
11-10-2006, 11:16 AM
@stlrn8n - Actually, my father and I drove a little over 3 hours to watch our Steelers lose. We reside in Western Maryland. Our tickets were free since my dad won them at a raffle during the Steelers Fanatasy Camp.

The guy we know is Mr. John Simpson. Actually, he is a Marketing Assistant. Even though I'm sure his SB ring is not as sweet as the players - it was a special feeling seeing it and trying it on.

@skidboot - Thanks for the comments and glad a few people agree. Also, I'd NEVER be a Browns fan. *ugh*

@melroseplace - Interesting position with the Steelers indeed. They hiring? haha Glad you have a blast and a career with MANY fringe benefits.

@BBC - The play where Hines Ward was spun around on the goaline was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! It was interesting to see, but I was in disbelief. I do agree that is one of the gamtime photos that DOES sum up the horrid season we are having.

@jaysta I do feel blessed to appear in a few nationwide publications. I mean, NFL.com and ESPN.com chose my photo out of 65K screaming fans to use and post. Kind of an honor even though it is a sad pic. Please, I heard that it is featured in a Baton Rouge newspaper (Saints territory). So, trying to get a copy of the article.

Thanks for everyone's views/comments!! Keep em coming!

Truly a die-hard then. Kudos to you for sticking it out!:thumbsup: I'm not so sure I'd have done the same...

SteelFan4Life
11-10-2006, 11:54 PM
@stlrn8n - Thanks bro! Tonight, I was kind of searching the internet...

I was shocked, as my picture is featured on 15 different Web sites linked with Steelers articles. haha Hilarious!

steelersfanmx
11-11-2006, 01:07 AM
wow.... you look really sad dude i can sure you i looked similar at teh end of the game
( i live in mexico city... so a dream come true for me
would be watch a steelers game in heinz field.) and aim working on it.
i really BELIVE i can do it some day... i really envy you..for been there (LOL)
There are two thing that dislike me most...Booing, and when fans leave the satadium before
the game ends....but with true hardcore fan like u...our steelers will return... soon or later
Stronger.... i hope this image could help you in bad time... it works for me....LOL

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/BELIEVEMINIPOSTER.jpg

greeting from Mexico City...
PS. sorry for my terrible english...!

GO STEELERS!!!!

SteelFan4Life
11-11-2006, 10:41 PM
@steelersfanmx - first off, your English is better then some Americans. haha

Thanks for the picture link - awesome inspiration!!

I hope you can make it to Heinz Field in the near future. I can probably help you get some decently-priced tickets if you can save enough $$ for the plane ride. Best of luck!

No reason to envy me, bro. I'm just fortunate enough to reside less then 3? hours from Heinz Field and have a father with some extra $$ to take me to games! haha

I was sad at the end of the game, but the Steelers WILL rebound! :) :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 10:53 PM
@steelersfanmx - first off, your English is better then some Americans. haha

Thanks for the picture link - awesome inspiration!!

I hope you can make it to Heinz Field in the near future. I can probably help you get some decently-priced tickets if you can save enough $$ for the plane ride. Best of luck!

No reason to envy me, bro. I'm just fortunate enough to reside less then 3? hours from Heinz Field and have a father with some extra $$ to take me to games! haha

I was sad at the end of the game, but the Steelers WILL rebound! :) :tt02:

The Steelers will no doubt in my mind REBOUND. It's the STEELERS time. it all starts tomorrow. 1 Game at a time.

Elvis
11-12-2006, 08:05 AM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :cheer: :cheer: :hug:
Dont get down Steelers fans... I know that we are going through a long season that Nobody was expecting, but we still have 8 games left and I love to watch our Steelers No Matter What!! I Bleed Black N Gold and all the true Steelers fans will stick this bad season out and look forward to next year when we come back strong with a pretty good draft position...

SteelFan4Life
11-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Today's victory did get me in much higher spirits then last Sunday. Wish I would of attended today's game instead. :)

I still do have hope in our Steelers and will not give up until we are ABSOLUTELY mathematically out of the playoff wild card race.

One game at a time...

melroseplace
11-12-2006, 10:45 PM
you know John Simpson? he's a really nice guy...I've only worked with him a handful of times but I really like him

SteelFan4Life
11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
My dad knows Mr. Simpson more than myself - however - I've enjoyed each time I've gotten to speak to him. He is a top-notch type of guy.

So, when ya sending my application? ;)

melroseplace
11-15-2006, 10:29 AM
it's in the mail :mail:

Blitzburgh
11-15-2006, 07:20 PM
A hardcore fan you are .... I'm proud to call you a fellow Steeler fan. Keep up the good work supporting this franchise and pass it down from generation to generation in your family. Always remember and take pride in the fact that Steeler fans are a fraternal brotherhood that all others try to emulate and aspire to be. If I ever see you at a game and you're ever in need of someone to bring the heat as a result of someone trying to give you shitt, I've got your back. I used to get paid for having people's back so I don't mind doing it for a fellow diehard Steeler fan.

SteelFan4Life
11-15-2006, 11:46 PM
@Blitzburgh - your comments mean a LOT to me, bro! Thanks!! My dad and I are the ones with those 'banana-looking' hats on. Not hard to spot us. :) :cheers:

@melrose - did you get a SB ring? :tt02:

melroseplace
11-16-2006, 02:07 PM
ohh yeah. I just have it put away and no one ever gets to see it

aka no definitely not haha

Person A and not B
11-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Very stylish pic. Props to getting it snapped, although my face has had almost the same expression for the most part over the entire season. You know, even though our season is going.. a little worse than expected (to say the least) our runningback (and my new jersey for this season, at that) is having an incredible season.

Oh, and about the fans leaving early.. those are the superbowl bandwagoners. No need to worry so much. Atleast we're not like the bengals.. did anyone watch the bengals game last week? of course you all did - you're true steelers fans and you enjoy cheering against other teams in our division. the bengals were one TD (and extra point) down, and still had 2 mins to play. Carson has come back to win a game and make a TD in less than 45 seconds. Fans were pouring out of the stadium.. I was just laughing. Especially when the announcers said "wait.. why are people leaving?" "Yes.. I don't understand either.. the game is close right now. Why would anyone leave, especially right now?" :sofunny:

Not to mention that living in the dayton - cinci area has gotten much better lately, when most everyone on the bandwagon lost interest a few games ago.

Needless to say anyone that has lived or been around cinci knows where kings island is.. well when they had fearfest, I went with the GF and a bunch of friends. I wore my Parker Jersey over my steelers hoodie and my gf wore my steelers sweatshirt. Before we even got out of the parking lot. I heard a "WhoDey!" My friend asked me why I wanted to wear steelers stuff in the heart of cinci, and I just laughed and said "because not only am I a true fan, but its just so much fun yelling back at them." I am sure you all would do nothing less ;b Oh, and the most exciting thing happening next year? going to the steel city again for the first division game of next season.. like always. True fans.

clevestinks
11-16-2006, 06:01 PM
That pic might have summed up the game, but not the season.

SteelFan4Life
11-16-2006, 09:25 PM
@Person A (and not B) - Thanks for the comments. It would be 'weird' living in Cincy and repping the Steelers. They have some quite vocal fans and a true dislike for the BNG - esp. after last year's playoff game. Thanks for repping in Cincy!!

Btw, that is HILARIOUS about the fans in the Cincy stadium not sticking around for the comeback.

@clevestinks - When I made this thread, I did mean the season up until the Broncos loss. We may of won a few games - but we just do NOT look like a SB champ team right now.

Yes, I AM a diehard fan and MOST people have a problem with fans being honest 'bout their teams. There is no other way to put it, Steelers have stunk this season and it will take a mini miracle to make the playoffs.

However, I do LOVE our Steelers and will be rooting for them to the end!

SteelFan4Life
11-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks for all the replies/comments thusfar everyone!