PDA

View Full Version : History shows we will be back on top

stlrtruck
11-07-2006, 08:02 AM
While the ratbirds are enjoying their run on the top this season, history proves that, although this season has gone south, WE WILL BE BACK ON TOP.

Since their franchise startup in baltimoronville (aka the move from one rathole to another) in 1996!

Overall Games Won: S-101 R-75
Winning Seasons (9-7 or better): S-7 R-4
AFCN Championships: S-5 B-1
AFCN Bottom: S-0 B-3 (tied once with the clowns)
Playoff Victories: S-9 B-5
Playoff Victories over the other: S-1 B-0
Superbowls S-1 B-1

I say it's time that we start playing spoiler, knock them out of the top spot and give them a little taste of what it's going to be like back on the bottom!!!
:sign01: :sign02: :sign09: :sign03: :sign01:

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Nothing lasts forever and, as the saying goes in the mutual funds prospectuses, past results are no guarantee of future performance.

With Cowher leaving, the question is whether this season is a hiccup (2003) or the onset of nuclear winter following a long run of success (1985) regarding the Steelers playoff future.

Unlike 1985, when the last of the Super Bowl Steelers (Stallworth, Shell, Webster) were playing out the string and Mark Malone was the QB, this team has a core of talent. So I am hoping this year is a blip that I will attribute to one heck of a Super Bowl hangover combined with Ben's disastrous series of injuries.

Infamix
11-07-2006, 09:58 AM
This season is too much for the team to handle. Put yourself in their shoes guys, after this loss, I don't think they have much to play for.

BigDuke6
11-07-2006, 01:43 PM
This season is too much for the team to handle. Put yourself in their shoes guys, after this loss, I don't think they have much to play for.

They can play for themselves. They can play for their continued existence as Steelers. They can play for SteelerNation. They can play for the pride inherent in being the defending SB Champions. They can play for the pride in being a Pittsburgh Steeler.
They can play for.......

siss
11-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Nothing lasts forever and, as the saying goes in the mutual funds prospectuses, past results are no guarantee of future performance.

With Cowher leaving, the question is whether this season is a hiccup (2003) or the onset of nuclear winter following a long run of success (1985) regarding the Steelers playoff future.

Unlike 1985, when the last of the Super Bowl Steelers (Stallworth, Shell, Webster) were playing out the string and Mark Malone was the QB, this team has a core of talent. So I am hoping this year is a blip that I will attribute to one heck of a Super Bowl hangover combined with Ben's disastrous series of injuries.

*prays:cheer: :tt02: to the football gods* Please let this be true! I cant watching my QB look so out of place.:tt02: :tt02: