PDA

View Full Version : We are not the ONLY ones who know we are better than 2-6

Infamix
11-07-2006, 09:03 AM
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2296

Some of the posts in there actually sum up our season, like this one right here:

Yes, I agree that this week's game is no gimme, by any stretch.

Pitt has out gained it's opponents by nearly 700 yards in the last 4 games. That's an average of +175 yards per game above the opposition. WOW.

They have lost 3 of those 4, due to untimely turnovers, IMO. Big Ben is being sacked alot, 23 in his seven starts. So I think that we need to bring the pass rush against them because Ben hasn't looked good when hurried, maybe its the concussion or a SB slump? We need to pressure him, often.

We need our defense to step it up in this game, but I'm worried because we don't get many turnovers from our guys and that seems to have been the deciding factor in Pitt's losses.

I'm hoping we can have more threads like this one on this board and get off the bush-bashing. It's nice to discuss game plan for the next game, and not monday-morning-quarterback it all week.

efil4stnias
11-07-2006, 09:22 AM
not one of us said you were as bad as your record states. Heck, last time I checked the Lombardi Trophy was still w/ you at the Steelers Facility. The Steelers are DEFENDING champs, and we will HAVE to bring our A Game. And if we do, it will be a game. If we don't, we lose. It is always difficult to win on the road in the NFL. Regardless of opponent. ( ask our hated rivals the Falclowns about thier field trip to Detriot )
The one thing we do have in our favor is our players and coaches are all on the same page and exhibit the same trust in each other that Willie Parker mentioned after the loss to Denver that is missing in Steeler camp.

It will be a good game...this aint your mama's Saints anymore. We are starting to believe it true as well. ( although its tough when meltdowns are part of your history. ) But the fans recognize something special here. We may not make the SuperBowl, but we were 3-13 last year and spiraling downward. This year has been a hoot for Saints fans all over.

Infamix
11-07-2006, 09:28 AM
not one of us said you were as bad as your record states. Heck, last time I checked the Lombardi Trophy was still w/ you at the Steelers Facility. The Steelers are DEFENDING champs, and we will HAVE to bring our A Game. And if we do, it will be a game. If we don't, we lose. It is always difficult to win on the road in the NFL. Regardless of opponent. ( ask our hated rivals the Falclowns about thier field trip to Detriot )
The one thing we do have in our favor is our players and coaches are all on the same page and exhibit the same trust in each other that Willie Parker mentioned after the loss to Denver that is missing in Steeler camp.

It will be a good game...this aint your mama's Saints anymore. We are starting to believe it true as well. ( although its tough when meltdowns are part of your history. ) But the fans recognize something special here. We may not make the SuperBoTruwl, but we were 3-13 last year and spiraling downward. This year has been a hoot for Saints fans all over.

Trust me, to say that I am surprised by the Saints this year in an understatement. You have nearly taken control of a tough division after a 3-13 season. If that isn't "bouncing back" I don't know what is. But I never meant any of the Saints fans here that didn't credit the Steelers, I meant some of the idiotic people I hang around, as well as some Ravens and Bengals, and Raider fans.

jaysta
11-07-2006, 07:33 PM
2-6 are just numbers. The Steelers have outplayed all but the Jags. If they don't turn the ball over this week the record will be 3-6. The Saints are a quality team, but the Pittsburgh pass rush is like no other "D" they've faced. Their run game is sketchy so we should be able to exploit Brees and win this one. :tt02:

PalmerSteel
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
we should be able to exploit (insert name) and win this one. :tt02:

i have heard this before somewhere at some time. oh wait, now i know. every single week! i can honestly say this has been the most frustrating season of steeler football i can ever remember. i know we have had some bad seasons here and there but KNOWING and PLAYING like the better team week in and week out it is so frustrating to watch, like i am sure it is by all of you guys as well.

PisnNapalm
11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
We are 2 and 6. STOP WITH THE SHOULD BE'S AND COULD HAVE BEENS.

"Oh no!! We suck again!"

jaysta
11-07-2006, 09:50 PM
i have heard this before somewhere at some time. oh wait, now i know. every single week! i can honestly say this has been the most frustrating season of steeler football i can ever remember. i know we have had some bad seasons here and there but KNOWING and PLAYING like the better team week in and week out it is so frustrating to watch, like i am sure it is by all of you guys as well.

You're right, but that is what should happen in a perfect world. LOL :cheers:

Rotorhead
11-07-2006, 11:58 PM
I am personally not surprised by the Saints success this year, they have had solid talent for several years, just had a moron for a QB in Brooks. Brees has been the key to their success, and as we know well, a team can feed off the success and leadership of a good player (ie Bettis).

greenparrot
11-08-2006, 09:05 AM
2-6 are just numbers. The Steelers have outplayed all but the Jags. If they don't turn the ball over this week the record will be 3-6. The Saints are a quality team, but the Pittsburgh pass rush is like no other "D" they've faced. Their run game is sketchy so we should be able to exploit Brees and win this one. :tt02:

I'm not so sure about that...we played Baltimore & they will be IMO the best defense we will see all year....regardless of Sunday. And they do that with a mediocre offense.