PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Stevens

sumo
11-07-2006, 04:01 PM
I have not followed his career that closely, but has he always been such a punk?

Super Bowl XL he talks a whole lot of smack that only fires up the Steelers more --

In the SB, he has some huge drops

Sits out first part of season - first nationally televised game he is in since the Superbowl:

He gets a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct when he headbutts a db right in front of a zebra after the whistle - almost puts his team out of field goal range

Still talking smack after the penalty, so Holmgren yanks him from the game and rips him on the sideline on national tv

Next series he comes in and drops an easy touchdown pass -

Continues to talk smack the whole game, late hits, keeps blocking after the whistle, gets kicked in the cojones...how is it that TO holds onto the biggest punk in the NFL title when this guys is around?

Hines0wnz
11-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah, he is all bark and no bite. Just like Joey Porter said before the SB.

That knee to his nads was kind of girly by Brayton. :cheer:

Jeremy
11-08-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't know anyone named Jeremy Stevens.

I do know a TE for the Seahawks named Jeramy Stevens. :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-08-2006, 12:28 PM

I know a seattle TE named Jeramy Stevens who has hands of stone and "no marbles"...so technically he could be kicked there all day

PirateSteeler
11-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Shitty thinig is he has one more superbowl TD than ben does.
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/roethlisberger_ben-ap060205.jpg

Hawk Believer
11-08-2006, 01:20 PM
He has always been a guy who has done some stupid things. His history includes a rape accusation at a frat party (not prosecuted due to lack of evidence) and at least one DUI. The new GM for the Seahawks made a point of cleaning house of people with attitude problems. You got to think Stevens was on the bubble but they kept him around. Most people out here seem pretty frustrated with his antics in the last game. One guy on the radio said something like "...at least T.O. had scored a touchdown before he got his 15 yard penalty."

When he had been underperforming and getting into some trouble off the field the first couple of years, I think Holmgren really kept him under his thumb. Stevens responded by keeping quiet and workign pretty hard. Last season, he probably had the best year ever for a Seahawk TE. Until the SB. Those drops were totally inconsistant with his overall performance during the season. He creates big matchup issues for the defense due to his size and athletisism. But this whole talking trash when he isn't backing it up is wearing pretty thin. Why is it that the recieving TEs with the most talent seem to be among the worst teammates?

I gotta think that Holmgren is laying into Stevens this week. If he doesn't shape up we might be using a draft pick for a TE this spring.

Big D
11-08-2006, 01:21 PM

sorry kids you are both wrong. His named is spelt jerramy stevens

sumo
11-08-2006, 01:49 PM
sorry kids you are both wrong. His named is spelt jerramy stevens

Doesn't matter how you spell it - he's still a punk

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Shitty thinig is he has one more superbowl TD than ben does.
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/roethlisberger_ben-ap060205.jpg

Funny thing is..Ben has one more Superbowl ring than he has

sumo
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
He has always been a guy who has done some stupid things. His history includes a rape accusation at a frat party (not prosecuted due to lack of evidence) and at least one DUI. The new GM for the Seahawks made a point of cleaning house of people with attitude problems. You got to think Stevens was on the bubble but they kept him around. Most people out here seem pretty frustrated with his antics in the last game. One guy on the radio said something like "...at least T.O. had scored a touchdown before he got his 15 yard penalty."

When he had been underperforming and getting into some trouble off the field the first couple of years, I think Holmgren really kept him under his thumb. Stevens responded by keeping quiet and workign pretty hard. Last season, he probably had the best year ever for a Seahawk TE. Until the SB. Those drops were totally inconsistant with his overall performance during the season. He creates big matchup issues for the defense due to his size and athletisism. But this whole talking trash when he isn't backing it up is wearing pretty thin. Why is it that the recieving TEs with the most talent seem to be among the worst teammates?

I gotta think that Holmgren is laying into Stevens this week. If he doesn't shape up we might be using a draft pick for a TE this spring.

I like Mili better ...

Hawk Believer
11-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Mili is a decent TE no doubt. But what we could really use is Mili's head on Steven's body....

jaysta
11-08-2006, 11:02 PM
I guess the thing that they didn't show on TV is that he actually threw a knee into Brayton's groin on the play right before the infraction and then laughed in his face and made a comment about it. Brayton just got caught on the retaliation. I'd give up 40 pounds and go toe to toe any day with Jerramy. From what I understand he doesn't put much time in the weight room, which tells me he's an overgrown sis on and off the field.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah he's a punk,if the Seahawks want to do the best thing for thier team from a talent and class standpoint,they cut him when the season ends or try to trade him away.

tony hipchest
11-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah he's a punk,if the Seahawks want to do the best thing for thier team from a talent and class standpoint,they cut him when the season ends or try to trade him away.the bengals could definitely use his services and hed be a definite upgrade to the character of their team.

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 11:37 PM
the bengals could definitely use his services and hed be a definite upgrade to the character of their team.

He'll be in line for a jail cell next.

jaysta
11-14-2006, 12:39 AM
If you caught any of the Seahawks game yesterday you may have noticed Stevens sending a message out to everyone posting about his "wussiness". After his TD catch he rolled up his sleeves and posed. I don't know about you, but I sure was impressed....NOT! LOL