PDA

View Full Version : Good game / Steelers still have a bright future

Broncos724
11-08-2006, 02:29 PM
This may be a bit late in the week, but I just wanted to drop by and say good game. If we had come out in the second half and got no pressure on Ben just like in the first half, then you guys would've run away with it. You may be 2-6 but if you can run the table that puts you at 10-6 and in the playoffs, all I know is that I learned last year you can't count out the Steelers until they're mathematically eliminated.

You're going through what we as Denver fans went through in 1999: a horrible record the year after a Super Bowl win. We, like you, knew our team was better than the record indicated, and we did end up going 4-4 over the second half of the season to end at 6-10. However the most important thing is we rebounded the following year to go 11-5, and haven't been under .500 since! I fully expect the same to happen for the Steelers, and just remember, you do have a bright future!

And plus, you guys still have the hardware!

Big D
11-08-2006, 02:33 PM
This may be a bit late in the week, but I just wanted to drop by and say good game. If we had come out in the second half and got no pressure on Ben just like in the first half, then you guys would've run away with it. You may be 2-6 but if you can run the table that puts you at 10-6 and in the playoffs, all I know is that I learned last year you can't count out the Steelers until they're mathematically eliminated.

You're going through what we as Denver fans went through in 1999: a horrible record the year after a Super Bowl win. We, like you, knew our team was better than the record indicated, and we did end up going 4-4 over the second half of the season to end at 6-10. However the most important thing is we rebounded the following year to go 11-5, and haven't been under .500 since! I fully expect the same to happen for the Steelers, and just remember, you do have a bright future!

great classy post. Welcome to the forum. Look forward to future posts from you. I wish Saints fans would have the same class as you

greenparrot
11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
great classy post. Welcome to the forum. Look forward to future posts from you. I wish Saints fans would have the same class as you

:smile:

HometownGal
11-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the sentiments and classy post, babe. :smile: The Steelers gave the Broncs an early Christmas present - LOL! I've always liked and respected the Broncos' organization- I was a huge Elway fan! Good luck to you and the Broncos - hope to see you in the playoffs (finger crossed), but if we don't make it this season, I'm sure we'll meet again in the post-season next year! :tt02:

Preacher
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM

Hey...

Just to be honest... While I am first and foremost a Steeler fan, I grew up in washington state, so I was also a Seahawk fan for years. I ALWAYS hated the Broncos and especially Elway! LOL.

However, thanks for the good post. Thanks also for reminding us that other teams' fans know what this -------> :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: feels like!

83-Steelers-43
11-08-2006, 04:54 PM

I second that.

Good luck with the rest of your season Broncos724. :cheers:

SteelCityMan786
11-08-2006, 05:02 PM

1,000,000%+ Classy Post. I smell us getting back to the playoffs in 2007 if the math doesn't fall into our hands like a year ago. We still have 5 Pieces of Hardwares called Vince Lombardi Trophies and 6 Lamar Hunt Trophies. I haven't lost faith on this team can winning another one.

Stlrs4Life
11-08-2006, 05:40 PM

Thanks, good luck to your Broncos. From cincinnati? How come the only cool football fans out of that city cheer for other teams than the Bengals?

herewegosteelers
11-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Hey...

Just to be honest... While I am first and foremost a Steeler fan, I grew up in washington state, so I was also a Seahawk fan for years. I ALWAYS hated the Broncos and especially Elway! LOL.

However, thanks for the good post. Thanks also for reminding us that other teams' fans know what this -------> :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: feels like!

I third that.. Thanks for the classy post. Good Luck to ya :cheers: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BigDuke6
11-08-2006, 06:05 PM
This does not surprise me at all. The Broncos are a class organization and it filters down to their fans. 2 or 3 Broncos came up to the great white north a couple years ago to do a meet/greet with local PeeWee age football players. What a class bunch of guys. Totally impreseed. Ive mentioned the Plummer post-AFC championship game interview last year where he took all the blame on himself and refused to point fingers at "protection issues" as a classic example of classy under duress.

BigDuke6
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
This does not surprise me at all. The Broncos are a class organization and it filters down to their fans. 2 or 3 Broncos came up to the great white north a couple years ago to do a meet/greet with local PeeWee age football players. What a class bunch of guys. Totally impreseed. Ive mentioned the Plummer post-AFC championship game interview last year where he took all the blame on himself and refused to point fingers at "protection issues" as a classic example of classy under duress.

It also would have been nice to get our hands on Mike Anderson or Ron Dayne before they slipped away.

Broncos724
11-09-2006, 01:26 AM
Thanks, good luck to your Broncos. From cincinnati? How come the only cool football fans out of that city cheer for other teams than the Bengals?Yeah, Bengals fans aren't used to a winning team! It's kinda annoying cause it's like they don't know how to handle it, so they just proclaim the Bengals are the best team ever and shout 'WHO DEY' all over the place. Plus all of the bandwagon fans are annoying. I go to Miami University (so I do somewhat root for Big Ben) and the number of Bengals jerseys is ridiculous compared to a couple years ago. It appears that their team is going to be good for the long haul, though, thanks to Carson Palmer. I expect as time goes on their fans will get classier as they get used to winning. Well, maybe not to you guys, since it's still a big rivalry!

X-Terminator
11-09-2006, 01:35 AM
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the kind of opposing team fan that we should welcome on this board.

Thanks for the classy posts, 724, and I, for one, hope you will hang around here a bit more often :smile: :cheers:

BlacknGold76
11-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Very nice post.I don't that there really is alot I could add to what everyone else here has stated. It's nice to here something positive from another teams fans. :banana: :banana: Good luck to you for the rest of the season and hopefully things will turn around for us. :helmet: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Steelersfan4life0655
11-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Great post! Always come across respectable Broncos fans, my girlfriends dad is a big broncos fan, so we go back and forth each year. good luck to you guys :cheers:

jaysta
11-09-2006, 01:48 AM
All I can say is, Classy....Very Classy! Thanks!! :smile:

Broncos724
11-09-2006, 01:50 AM
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the kind of opposing team fan that we should welcome on this board.

Thanks for the classy posts, 724, and I, for one, hope you will hang around here a bit more often :smile: :cheers:I hope to hang around here as well. Sure beats the Bengals message board, I accidentally posted in the 'Bengals fans only' board and got banned. Overall this board is a lot more relaxed and fun, even though this message board's team is doing worse than the Bengals.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the the Broncos will play the Steelers next year, unless you guys run the table and take first place (which I wouldn't put it past you) because the Broncos are sure as heck winning the AFC West! Anyway I always enjoy it when these two teams meet because the two teams share similar philosophies, and the games are usually high-stakes.