PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

efil4stnias
11-08-2006, 03:56 PM
I am seeing alot of posts regarding Cowher's replacement, this team sux etc etc. Then alot stating the Saints are not that good, they are the "aints" etc etc. And while I can understand the frustration of being 2-6 ( we saints fans DO understand, heck dropping 4 in a row in Dec is even worse! ) I was curious since most here do not give the Saints a chance ( with no turnovers that is ) what would ya'll ( not yoose guys or yuns ) do If the steelers lost to the Saints?

ps I know the yuns/yoose guys vernacular since I have family in Stockdale, PA ( about 1 hr south of Pitt on the Monongahela )

Big D
11-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I am seeing alot of posts regarding Cowher's replacement, this team sux etc etc. Then alot stating the Saints are not that good, they are the "aints" etc etc. And while I can understand the frustration of being 2-6 ( we saints fans DO understand, heck dropping 4 in a row in Dec is even worse! ) I was curious since most here do not give the Saints a chance ( with no turnovers that is ) what would ya'll ( not yoose guys or yuns ) do If the steelers lost to the Saints?

ps I know the yuns/yoose guys vernacular since I have family in Stockdale, PA ( about 1 hr south of Pitt on the Monongahela )

why would you post shit like this? If we lose to the saints we will do what we have done the other six times we have lost this year.. Bitch about it

polamalufan43
11-08-2006, 04:06 PM
why would you post shit like this? If we lose to the saints we will do what we have done the other six times we have lost this year.. Bitch about it

Yeah, that's about right, except I can see why he would want to know what we would do though.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Big D
11-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah, that's about right, except I can see why he would want to know what we would do though.

I can tell you what he will do when we win sunday. never come in here again.

polamalufan43
11-08-2006, 04:11 PM
I can tell you what he will do when we win sunday. never come in here again.

ha ha! I like.:thumbsup:

83-Steelers-43
11-08-2006, 04:16 PM

First off it's "yinz" and thanks for the family geography.

Second, what would I do if we lost Sunday? I would wake up Monday morning and go about my day. Much the same as I did last season when we were winning games and eventually, our fifth Super Bowl. I'd be more worried if we started to suck year after year like many other teams in the league.

It's a bad season, what can we do? Deal with it, suck it up and look forward to next season. I'm not exactly sure what type of answer you were expecting from the majority of the fans on this board.

efil4stnias
11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I guess I was looking to see if the loss to the Saints would create "more" of a sense of dismay than say a loss to the Giants. The reason I say this of course is because for years the Saints have been toward the bottom of the league. Now it seems we have a really good HC, an experienced and intelligent QB and several weapons on offense, yet still can't garner the respect of the opposition. I am not trying to "stir it up " but do find it a bit similar to our frustrations years past. I guess it is different for a Saints fan, at this point in the season, to not be calculating 15 different scenarios for next year.
Anyway, good luck ( regarding injuries ) on sunday afternoon and the best team will win.

83-Steelers-43
11-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I guess I was looking to see if the loss to the Saints would create "more" of a sense of dismay than say a loss to the Giants. The reason I say this of course is because for years the Saints have been toward the bottom of the league. Now it seems we have a really good HC, an experienced and intelligent QB and several weapons on offense, yet still can't garner the respect of the opposition. I am not trying to "stir it up " but do find it a bit similar to our frustrations years past. I guess it is different for a Saints fan, at this point in the season, to not be calculating 15 different scenarios for next year.
Anyway, good luck ( regarding injuries ) on sunday afternoon and the best team will win.

Wow, join the club with the "no respect" rant. We got it every time we were in the playoffs nevermind while having a good season midway through. Do you know what changed that? We actually won a Super Bowl (not counting the four others).

You "earn" respect. Also, if your looking for fans to knob job the Saints, try a Saints board. Isn't that a crazy idea?

As for you not trying to "stir it up". No comment, it's not worth it.

greenparrot
11-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Wow, join the club with the "no respect" rant. We got it every time we were in the playoffs. Do you know what changed that? We actually won a Super Bowl (not counting the four others).

You "earn" respect. Also, if your looking for fans to knob job the Saints, try a Saints board. Isn't that a crazy idea?

As for you not trying to "stir it up". No comment, it's not worth it.

testy...are we?

83-Steelers-43
11-08-2006, 04:56 PM
testy...are we?

Not at all. Thanks for asking though. :thumbsup:

boLT fan
Wow. A fan from another team came in and tryed to get a few opinions and gets flamed on almost every post.

Stay classy Pittsburgh. :thumbsup:

Big D
testy...are we?

i think we are all sick of you saints fans comming in here just to talk shit

HometownGal

I think I have made it abundantly clear in several posts that I do not take ANY team lightly and that includes the Saints. They are an up and coming team and if they stay intact through the next several seasons, the Saints are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the NFC. That being said, however, I believe that the Steelers overall are the better team when they play Steelers football, not the masquerade we've been seeing thus far this season. For the most part now, though there is still a chance they can turn it around and make the playoffs, they should be playing for pride. Before the season began, this organization and team was faced with drama that Pittsburgh Steelers teams aren't accustomed to - i.e. the Holmes and Ben situations - and while I believe that played a part early on, I would think they would have shaken it off by now, but they haven't. These are a proud group of guys - they know their backs are against the wall this week and I believe that they will get it together this Sunday and get back to playing Steelers football.

efil4stnias
11-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Also, if your looking for fans to knob job the Saints, try a Saints board. Isn't that a crazy idea? 83- steelers-43

Damn you guys are pitiful. I will be back on Monday just to watch your heads unravel from the loss. This is hilarious. I can see the first post now WE LOST TO THE FREAKING AINTS ?!?!?!?! ....yep u sure did.

83-Steelers-43
Wow. A fan from another team came in and tryed to get a few opinions and gets flamed on almost every post.

Well what kind of response do you think he was expecting from a thread such as this nevermind some of his previous posts?

Stay dense San Diego. :thumbsup:

Big D

you must not have read all over there posts

Big D
11-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Also, if your looking for fans to knob job the Saints, try a Saints board. Isn't that a crazy idea? 83- steelers-43

Damn you guys are pitiful. I will be back on Monday just to watch your heads unravel from the loss. This is hilarious. I can see the first post now WE LOST TO THE FREAKING AINTS ?!?!?!?! ....yep u sure did.

no you wont be here on monday. You will watch your saints get there ass kicked the same way they got there ass kicked against the ravens

efil4stnias
11-08-2006, 05:05 PM
you must not have read all over there posts

yeah, its "thier" not "there" genious.

Oh Ill be around monday just to see the Hindeburg posts on this site. Do those TERRIBLE TOWELS soak up tears too?

MACH1
Come back and talk s*** when you win some playoff games.

83-Steelers-43

Oh Ill be around monday just to see the Hindeburg posts on this site. Do those TERRIBLE TOWELS soak up tears too?

What exactly is the "Hindeburg" and what exactly is a "genious"? :toofunny:

efil4stnias
11-08-2006, 05:09 PM
What exactly is the "Hindeburg" and what exactly is a "genious"? :toofunny:

the "genious" was a play on his misspelling of there . Sorry you missed that.

Hindenburg- well just left off the n....

83-Steelers-43
11-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Right buddy.

greenparrot
11-08-2006, 05:21 PM
no you wont be here on monday. You will watch your saints get there ass kicked the same way they got there ass kicked against the ravens

all i can speak for myself...that we were on the Ravens board & congratulated them. Their fans here for the game had nothing but good things to say about our fans after a dissapointing loss.

Preacher
11-08-2006, 05:38 PM

See... Originally I was wondering why some of my beloved Steeler brothers and Sisters were taking offense to you. Obviously, it was because they smelled you out before I did. Someone who REALLY has no desire to be a troll won't start coming back with these kind of posts.

If I went on your boards and made the mistake of posting something that ended up being taken out of context or in a way other then intended, I would apologize and continue the discussion. That is how NON-TROLL posts work in other teams forums. For example, look around at some of the other teams fans that come in here that gain our favor.

Just my two cents.

Preacher
11-08-2006, 05:40 PM
all i can speak for myself...that we were on the Ravens board & congratulated them. Their fans here for the game had nothing but good things to say about our fans after a dissapointing loss.

Hmmm...... Trying playing the Bengals and watch thier fans!! :sofunny:

efil4stnias
11-08-2006, 05:59 PM
See... Originally I was wondering why some of my beloved Steeler brothers and Sisters were taking offense to you. Obviously, it was because they smelled you out before I did. Someone who REALLY has no desire to be a troll won't start coming back with these kind of posts.

If I went on your boards and made the mistake of posting something that ended up being taken out of context or in a way other then intended, I would apologize and continue the discussion. That is how NON-TROLL posts work in other teams forums. For example, look around at some of the other teams fans that come in here that gain our favor.

Just my two cents.

Preacher, read post #7 on this thread. Then go to #12. I attempted to keep it civil. You can thank your bretheren for that. I am not looking for your "favor", just simple discussion originally, but it has come to this.

Indy_Steelers
11-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Come back and talk s*** when you win some playoff games.

:iagree:

MJ5150
11-09-2006, 12:44 AM
You seem to be the most vocal of the Saints posse who have invaded our forum this week. While the most vocal, you have shown the least amount of class. I can see that you have been talked down to in this thread, which is too bad. Be honest with youself now, and you'll see that you aren't as innocent as you want to think you are.

Heck dude, you've been here for what four days maybe? You have 14 posts? You profile is blank. There are people who have been here for YEARS, and have several thousand posts. I wonder as I type this how long you have been on the Saints forum, and how many posts you have over there. Why does it matter? Because you can earn some respect by showing yourself to be a true Saints fan, not someone who jumped on the bandwagon a few weeks ago. You find people on this board who have been Steeler fans for 20, 30 and even 40 years.

You can't show up on ANY message board and start talking trash like you have and expect everyone to applaud and agree with you. I have enjoyed the interaction I have had with you, but I can tell you aren't too experienced with how to handle yourself in a forum like this one. I'm not trying to put you down buddy, just some honest observations. If I am wrong on any of them, my sincere apologies.

-Mike

Steelersfan4life0655
11-09-2006, 01:13 AM
wow, some nerve that some people bring into these forums. why is there always shit talking. keep it civil and be playful about it. i understand some of the steeler fans reponse to the saints fan, even i took his opening thread seriously. but i didnt comment on it because it just seemed like a waste of time.

Another thing is, why do these fans come on these boards with their hot teams that finally got out of the basement and rip team fans that traditionally have winning records year in and year out and talk so much shit. Are they trying to get under our skin, trying to see if we will be punks like every fan that normally has a shitty team and stoop to their level and do things and say things that piss people off, is just beside me. well i have to say to these type of people is:

Until you are in the playoffs year in and year out, have a hand that has super bowl rings on each digit and has the respect from the entire league and beyond, shut the f**K up and come back when you and your team has any bragging rights about being a WINNER!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlacknGold76
11-09-2006, 01:31 AM

How would you handle it Boltfan? I am sure that the Chargers board would be flaming fans from other boards as well. So it was no surprise that that Saints fan got the reaction that they got.:dang:

Broncos724
11-09-2006, 01:43 AM
This Saints fan reminds me of Bengals fans from last year - their team all of a sudden was winning, and they didn't know what to make of it, so they just talked trash and proclaimed their team was the best in the world. It was pretty annoying to say the least. A team's fans, on the whole, get classy only after their team is accustomed to winning year in and year out - like the Broncos and Steelers :cheers:

I think it will be a close game between the Steelers and Saints. Like someone else said if the Steelers keep up their masquerade then the Saints will win, but if the Steelers play their brand of hardnosed, mistake-free football then they should win easy.

Plus I need Willie Parker to do well as he's on my fantasy team! :thumbsup: