PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

Stlrs4Life
11-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Hope all Veterans have a good day, and remeber the ones in the past and present. And to all of our future Vets over in the Desert at the moment. I know Veterans Day isn't till Saturday, the reason I'm posting it now is because I will not be home for it. The wife and myself are traveling with my uncle to his annual Viet Nam Unit Reunion. He served with B Co 2-7 Cav. The reunion is held in Washington DC. We will be doing a tour of DC, and pay a visit to the Viet Nam Wall. It is going to be tough to go there with them guys, knowing that some of there buddies names that will be on that wall. General Barry McCaffrey is hosting the reunion. He was my uncles CO in Nam. Some of you might remeber the general, he was a commentator during the War on MSNBC. As a war analyst.

SteelCityMan786
11-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Remember the lives we lost through all of our wars. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have our freedoms that we enjoy so greatly. If it wasn't for them we may not have this board today. We maybe forced to do the things we don't want to.

To all of the Veterans, thank you for your service. Your sacrafice is why we are what we are today.

SteelCzar76
11-09-2006, 01:50 AM
Remember the lives we lost through all of our wars. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have our freedoms that we enjoy so greatly. If it wasn't for them we may not have this board today. We maybe forced to do the things we don't want to.

To all of the Veterans, thank you for your service. Your sacrafice is why we are what we are today.

U.S.A

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

sumo
11-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Yes -- God bless the troops everywhere!! - We are here because of them

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
In rememberance and thanks for those who have served and/or who have shed their blood...lets please be respectful of this thread

If you have served in any branch of the armed forces, please add your username

List of Veterans in the Forum:

1)Lamberts Lost Tooth

floodcitygirl
11-09-2006, 12:30 PM
In rememberance and thanks for those who have served and/or who have shed their blood...lets please be respectful of this thread

1)Lamberts Lost Tooth

2)SteelShooter (I'm including his name, as he is on an extended vacation, in hopes that
he won't mind.)

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-09-2006, 12:45 PM

If you have served in any branch of the armed forces, please add your username (copy previous list and add yours)

1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter

slashsteel
11-09-2006, 01:02 PM
3) Slashsteel

Served three years in Germany.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-09-2006, 01:31 PM
3) Slashsteel

Served three years in Germany.

1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel

Hines0wnz
11-10-2006, 02:40 PM
4) Hines0wnz

10 year Navy vet! :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
11-10-2006, 10:08 PM
1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel

1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel
4)HinesOwnes
5)Dieselman

i miss dieselman, and hope all is well in the land of sand. the way he is still whipping our ass in our fantasy nascar league, i assume it is. stay safe diesel.

Stillers#1
11-11-2006, 12:39 AM
4 years in th AF been to the desert 6 times and OEF 2 times, althought LLT thinks I lie about it.

stillers4me
11-11-2006, 05:15 AM
My sincere and unending thanks and gratitude to all our veterans. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Patriotic/ptbeamrebelsp.gif

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-11-2006, 07:24 AM
4 years in th AF been to the desert 6 times and OEF 2 times, althought LLT thinks I lie about it.

Thanks to everyone else for keeping the post respectful in honor of our vets

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-11-2006, 07:26 AM
1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel
4)HinesOwnes
5)Dieselman

i miss dieselman, and hope all is well in the land of sand. the way he is still whipping our ass in our fantasy nascar league, i assume it is. stay safe diesel.

1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel
4)HinesOwnes
5)Dieselman
6)Stillers#1

Steelers
11-11-2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.state.pa.us/papower/lib/papower/terribletowel_army_200.jpg

Thank you for all that you've done. God bless and I hope you have a meaningful and special Veterans' Day! :usa:

Also, I turn 20 today! Birthday wish is a National Championship for Pitt basketball and for the Stillers to pull off the unthinkable!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-11-2006, 12:04 PM
http://www.state.pa.us/papower/lib/papower/terribletowel_army_200.jpg

Thank you for all that you've done. God bless and I hope you have a meaningful and special Veterans' Day! :usa:

Also, I turn 20 today! Birthday wish is a National Championship for Pitt basketball and for the Stillers to pull off the unthinkable!

Thank you Steelers....your appreciation goes further than you think with our men and women in uniform.:thmbup:

Prosdo
11-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks guys for all you have done.

Dynasty
11-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Thank you for defending our country.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-11-2006, 12:51 PM
I know I started a thread to honor those who served who are members of the forum...but I felt moved to also give thanks to those that I know that served...just thought that maybe some others wanted to say thanks to any loved ones..alive or gone.

Thank you: To my Father...and to my Grandfather...To my Uncle John...and to Uncle Perry....To my best Friend Eric...To all surviving members of the 233rd M.P. company...and to Staff Sgt. Dennis Settles, my friend...and my Platoon Seargent ,may you rest in peace.

floodcitygirl
11-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Took my boys to a memorial today that's traveling throughout the country...a small version of the Vietnam Vets wall. I've never had the opportunity to see the real one, but even this was moving beyond words. Our thanks and gratitude to those that serve hardly seem enough.

Just a note of interest to folks here...one wall that was glass enclosed had hats and metals and various items of importance to the particular soldier. The only non-military item that we saw was......a Steeler jersey....couldn't see the name or number because of it being folded...but it made me curious and brought more than a tear to my eye.

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Hope all vets had a good veterans day.

BlacknGold76
11-11-2006, 10:17 PM
As a veteran I would like to say thank you to all of our military on this veterans day, to all of the veterans before me and especially to all of their families who support them through these troubling times of ours. We will not forget your, courage, your honor, your strength and your sacrifices. Thank you and May God Bless you and God Bless America.:thmbup: :usa:

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 10:36 PM
As a veteran I would like to say thank you to all of our military on this veterans day, to all of the veterans before me and especially to all of their families who support them through these troubling times of ours. We will not forget your, courage, your honor, your strength and your sacrifices. Thank you and May God Bless you and God Bless America.:thmbup: :usa:

Amen BlacknGold.

PAMillerGrrl83
11-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Thank you to my grandpa, you were more like my dad than my real dad and you'll never be forgotten. I love you Woody.

HometownGal
11-12-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm a day late and a dollar short here, but I want to say THANK YOU to all of those who have served our great country - past and present - for keeping us free, safe and proud. God bless all of you and God Bless America!

http://www.northcanton.sparcc.org/~orchard/veterans/vetpos96sm.jpg

Jeremy
11-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Nobody remembered me??

:(

floodcitygirl
11-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Nobody remembered me??

:(Sorry Jeremy....folks were supposed to put in their own names for the most part, if they wanted to be included. But you can be sure that you are remembered and have the gratitude of my family EVERY day for your service.

Jeremy
11-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Just kidding girl. I've been away from the boards for a few days and didn't even see the thread.

As for me, no thanks are needed. Just going out and living your lives the way you want to is thanks enough for me!

steveironcity
11-12-2006, 12:17 PM

1)Lamberts Lost Tooth

I was in the army from 98-04

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2006, 12:26 PM
1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel
4)HinesOwnes
5)Dieselman
6)Stillers#1
7)Jeremy
8)steveironcity

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 12:58 PM
1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel
4)HinesOwnes
5)Dieselman
6)Stillers#1
7)Jeremy
8)steveironcity

1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel
4)HinesOwnes
5)Dieselman
6)Stillers#1
7)Jeremy
8)steveironcity
9)hardwork

hardwork has stated that he is a vet from nam. he dont visit this section of the forum often so i will include him. thanks HW.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-12-2006, 01:06 PM
1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel
4)HinesOwnes
5)Dieselman
6)Stillers#1
7)Jeremy
8)steveironcity
9)hardwork
10)BigBenFastWillie

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2006, 01:10 PM
1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel
4)HinesOwnes
5)Dieselman
6)Stillers#1
7)Jeremy
8)steveironcity
9)hardwork
10)BigBenFastWillie

Thank you BBFW!

Stlrs4Life
11-12-2006, 05:51 PM
1)Lamberts Lost Tooth
2)Steelshooter
3)Slashsteel
4)HinesOwnes
5)Dieselman
6)Stillers#1
7)Jeremy
8)steveironcity
9)hardwork
10)BigBenFastWillie
11)Stlrs4Life- US Army--Desert Storm

Stlrs4Life
11-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Just got back from DC. The entire weekend was great. To top it off, until Sunday, the weather was perfect! 75* in November? And I didn't bring any shorts because I thought it was going to be to cold! Anyway, met a bunch of my uncles buddies from Nam, they accepted me like I served with them. Thanked everyone of them for there service, and Welcomed them Home, also felt kinda bad telling them that I am a Persian Gulf War Vet, getting the parade and welcome home, that they never received. But from listeniong to all there stories, I swear it was like "Band of Brothers" in real life. They hold this every 2 years, the wife and I are already looking forward to going back.

Stlrs4Life
11-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Jeesh, nobody read this thread?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12198

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2006, 03:23 AM
Just got back from DC. The entire weekend was great. To top it off, until Sunday, the weather was perfect! 75* in November? And I didn't bring any shorts because I thought it was going to be to cold! Anyway, met a bunch of my uncles buddies from Nam, they accepted me like I served with them. Thanked everyone of them for there service, and Welcomed them Home, also felt kinda bad telling them that I am a Persian Gulf War Vet, getting the parade and welcome home, that they never received. But from listeniong to all there stories, I swear it was like "Band of Brothers" in real life. They hold this every 2 years, the wife and I are already looking forward to going back.

Great story Stlrs4Life...exactly why I never took a thank you for granted...both my uncles never got the welcome home that we did coming back from the Gulf. Out of curiosity...were you anywhere near the 1st infantry division?...We were assigned to them right before the ground invasion.

Maidenarcher
11-13-2006, 05:53 PM
I kinda missed the whole Veteran's Day weekend, because I was drugged up and recovering from surgery...So, even though I am a little late.....

I AM VERY PROUD TO LIVE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY.....AND VERY PROUD OF THOSE, WHO HAVE SERVED AND THOSE WHO WILL SOMEDAY SERVE THEIR COUNTRY FOR OUR FREEDOM!

Preacher
11-13-2006, 10:55 PM
I too want to thank you all for your service.. I am grew up in an air force family. Father served for 20+ years.

Thank you all very much. God bless.

jaysta
11-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Thank you all for everything that you do...and I know it's not much, but here's a link to a vid that was created as a tribute to all of you Veterans as well as those still serving the U.S. all over the world. Many of the pictures came from friends of mine with the Dragoons who are based here in West Central PA, but were stationed in Iraq. The rest of the pics I found on the net. Thanks again to all of you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsQB-KxVGFo

Stlrs4Life
11-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Great story Stlrs4Life...exactly why I never took a thank you for granted...both my uncles never got the welcome home that we did coming back from the Gulf. Out of curiosity...were you anywhere near the 1st infantry division?...We were assigned to them right before the ground invasion.

I hear ya LLT. We were in support of the 101st Airborne Division. Was in the part where we went in from the SW part of Iraq, and got to 60Ks from Baghdad when the War was over.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-18-2006, 03:30 PM
I hear ya LLT. We were in support of the 101st Airborne Division. Was in the part where we went in from the SW part of Iraq, and got to 60Ks from Baghdad when the War was over.

We went in SW of Kuwait...straight north..then cut east into Kuwait City....left the Big Red 1.. and supported the 2nd Armored Calvary Regiment..until we were sent back home

Good to know we were probably pretty close to each other at some point