83-Steelers-43
11-09-2006, 08:11 AM
http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2006/1113_large.jpg

ARKIESTEEL
11-09-2006, 08:31 AM
I feel a little sick right now

Jeremy
11-09-2006, 08:46 AM
It's SI. Were you expecting something better?

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-09-2006, 09:27 AM

Please God...I promise I will change my ways...I will quit trying to draw attention to myself..will never ever touch even a table knife as long as I live..just please PLEASE dont let Joey Porter find a way to get on this bus!!!!!!!

amen.

tony hipchest
11-09-2006, 10:14 AM
yesterday he commented on tha U player who was gunned down in his apartment. he said along the lines that "it just goes to show that there is alot of evil out there everywhere. it is a shame for such a young man to lose his life over nothing."

:rolleyes: i was like "uh ray, remember?"

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-09-2006, 10:29 AM
yesterday he commented on tha U player who was gunned down in his apartment. he said along the lines that "it just goes to show that there is alot of evil out there everywhere. it is a shame for such a young man to lose his life over nothing."

...as opposed to being stabbed to death over "something"

Jeremy
11-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Ray is the modern man. He knows that the majority of this country doesn't remember the sins of his past, and if they do they've either rationalized them or forgiven them.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Looks like Ray is cursed this week.

sumo
11-09-2006, 11:23 AM
You know the biggest/first question that comes to my mind is - who's the genius at SI thinking this is a good idea? - Don't they put some thought into what goes on the cover?

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Ray is the modern man. He knows that the majority of this country doesn't remember the sins of his past, and if they do they've either rationalized them or forgiven them.

I can forgive a man for defending his family or property...I can rationalize a man for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his family......KILLING a man with a knife at a bar seems to stick with me a little longer for some strange reason

MACH1
11-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Next weeks cover O.J.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Wow,I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

But I guess to be fair,he didn't actually do the stabbing...he saw it happen and didn't call the cops.

polamalufan43
11-09-2006, 04:31 PM

Yes, I promise that I will change my ways as well, I will not throw a tantrum everytime an interception is thrown and will stop doing touchdown dances....lol....

I can't believe those words just came out of my mouth...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

83-Steelers-43
11-09-2006, 04:46 PM
he saw it happen and didn't call the cops.

Correction. He was a witness to a double homicide and lied to the police. Big difference.

"Ray Lewis has not cooperated at all, other than to provide misleading statements and outright lies," - Deputy Chief C.B. Jackson

Steel12
11-09-2006, 05:17 PM
I honestly don't see why people have a problem with Ray Lewis...other than the fact that he plays for the Ravens. His personal life shouldn't be judged by anybody but one person. He didn't kill anybody...he just tried to protect his friends. He's not the first and won't be the last to do so!

Ambridge
11-09-2006, 05:24 PM

I saw that interview and was thinking the exact same thing.

Instead of that stupid picture of Ray on the cover of SI it should be a picture of him getting "Trucked" over by Rudi Johnson on the goal line and scoring for a TD this past weekend.

Or one of the several other pictures of Ray getting run over by Jerome Bettis, or pancaked by Dan Kreider in many Steeler/Rat games.

How about a picture of him getting Jacked-Up by Kevin Jones last year in Detroit or one of the hilarious hijinx during the MNF game last year when Will Sheilds of the Kansas City Chiefs took Ray for trolley ride all game long.
"They're double teaming me"............"They're double teaming me"

Over-rated POS!!!

sumo
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM
I honestly don't see why people have a problem with Ray Lewis...other than the fact that he plays for the Ravens. His personal life shouldn't be judged by anybody but one person. He didn't kill anybody...he just tried to protect his friends. He's not the first and won't be the last to do so!

His dancing is horrendous, he's an absolute idiot - oh and he hangs out with murderers ...and he is on the cover of SI calling himself God's linebacker - and he's an idiot..

83-Steelers-43
11-09-2006, 05:38 PM
SI pulled the orginal cover and put this one on the market.........

http://www.steelreign.org/uploads/forums/016256240covfinal.jpg

MattsMe
11-09-2006, 06:49 PM
It's SI. Were you expecting something better?

Exactly. SI's incompetence is exceeded only by their ignorance.

Don't we get enough Ray Ray jammed down our throats by the televsion media? It seems like every highlight segment has at least one clip of him getting manhandled, then coming in at the end of the play to take credit for a tackle he didn't make.

SteelerFan091472
11-09-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't feel so well now.

Atlanta Dan
11-10-2006, 10:48 AM

He may not be the first or last NFL player to obstruct a murder investigation (what you call protecting your friends) but he should thank whatever God he prays to that he committed his crimes in Atlanta and cut a sweet plea deal due to the incompetence of the Fulton County DA.

Some people, including me, do have a problem with that.

stlrtruck
11-10-2006, 01:46 PM
You know the biggest/first question that comes to my mind is - who's the genius at SI thinking this is a good idea? - Don't they put some thought into what goes on the cover?

Obviously NOT! I guess the SI sales in the baltimoronville area must have died down!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-10-2006, 01:59 PM
He may not be the first or last NFL player to obstruct a murder investigation (what you call protecting your friends) but he should thank whatever God he prays to that he committed his crimes in Atlanta and cut a sweet plea deal due to the incompetence of the Fulton County DA.

Some people, including me, do have a problem with that.

:thumbsup: ...'nuff said!!!