PDA

View Full Version : Saints greatest contributions to the NFL:

tony hipchest
11-09-2006, 10:57 AM
time for a top 10 list

1. :paperbag: wearing brown paperbags on the head to games. often imitated, never duplicated. steelers catch hell for their gold being yellow but you ever notice that the saints dull gold is more of a paperbag brown color? :paperbag:

2. jim "diddly poo" mora. although many of his great soundbites came while he was with the colts, it was the saints who thrust him onto the scene.

3. classic qb names such as "billy joe tolliver" and bobby "bouche" hebert. come on, admit it saintfans- you all think billy joe brees sounds so much better.

4. unmeasurable hope and fan optimism when an unknown aaron brooks replaced an injured jeff blake. actually i guess ic CAN be measured... in terms of years.

5. giving the great terry bradshaw a football team closeby to root for while he was growing up. im sure this served as inspiration for him to go out and win 4 superbowls.

(and on a more serious note):

6. sam mills - the little engine that could. rip

7. ironhead heyward - one of pitts finest. he was jerome before there was jerome. rip

8. joe "nobody refers to joe horn in third person better than joe horn" horn

9. archie manning- love them or hate them, nobody balls better than the mannings. and the espn "this is sportscenter" commercial is a classic! what dorks!

10. kyle turleys helmet toss vs. jets

if anyone can think of any other great saints contributions feel free to add...

MACH1
11-09-2006, 11:16 AM
A old coach with the name of Bum. LOL:banana:

kfaulk99
11-09-2006, 11:32 AM
time for a top 10 list

1. :paperbag: wearing brown paperbags on the head to games. often imitated, never duplicated. steelers catch hell for their gold being yellow but you ever notice that the saints dull gold is more of a paperbag brown color? :paperbag:

2. jim "diddly poo" mora. although many of his great soundbites came while he was with the colts, it was the saints who thrust him onto the scene.

3. classic qb names such as "billy joe tolliver" and bobby "bouche" hebert. come on, admit it saintfans- you all think billy joe brees sounds so much better.

4. unmeasurable hope and fan optimism when an unknown aaron brooks replaced an injured jeff blake. actually i guess ic CAN be measured... in terms of years.

5. giving the great terry bradshaw a football team closeby to root for while he was growing up. im sure this served as inspiration for him to go out and win 4 superbowls.

7. ironhead heyward - one of pitts finest. he was jerome before there was jerome. rip

9. archie manning- love them or hate them, nobody balls better than the mannings. and the espn "this is sportscenter" commercial is a classic! what dorks!

nice post, you troublemaker you. *wags finger* haha

1.) yes, there were a few MORANS that wore paperbags. I'll tell you most Saints fans can't stand those who did. But every team as a % of fair-weathered fans & retarts.

2.) trust me, Mora's best soundbites came when he was with the Saints, i.e, woulda coulda shoulda. We sucked, we cant run the ball, we cant stop the run, we cant catch, we cant tackle, we cant do diddly poo. Oh and to the reporters, You guys DONT KNOW...You THINK you know...but you DONT KNOW...AND YOU NEVER WILL, etc. Classic.

3.) Once again, you guys are confusing alabama with louisiana...Nobody likes Billy Joe, and I sure don't remember ppl ever referring to Hebert as Bouche.

4.) Mark Malone - oh snap

5.) And yet no gratitude - La. puts ALOT of players in the league, if you havent noticed.

6.) Sam Mills - The field mouse, what a winner - I am pissed that Carolina has a statue of him and we dont. For shame. RIP.

7.) IronHead - One of my favorite all-time players, check out this quote:

"Another moment occurred during a game in 1988, when Craig "Ironhead" Heyward hit the Seattle linebacker and alleged tough guy Brian Bosworth so hard he made him cry. According to former NFL quarterback Bobby Hebert, then-Saints coach Jim Mora called the same off-tackle play six straight times, with Heyward as the lead blocker. "After about the third time," Hebert said, "Bosworth was crying. Honest. Tears were rolling down his face, because he didn't want Ironhead to hit him anymore. He cried 'Uncle!' for real. Ironhead, he just laughed at him."

8.) Yep, you're right! Joe loves to talk about all things Joe.

9.) Funny stuff alright

10.) I dont like Turley, but in his defense, he was reacting to a cheap shot to his QB and got DQd for doing so. I hate referees.

My man, HOW, I mean HOW could you leave former Pitt Panther Rickey Jackson out of there. If he played in NY nobody would've known who LT was. My ALL TIME favorite Saint.

Honorable mentions: Longest field goal in NFL History, Best Looking Uni's in all of sports, making the great great city of New Orleans an NFL city, thus hosting numerous SuperBowls, the River City Relay play in Jax, only to miss the freakin PAT.

And I just can't bring myself to mention ALL the records OTHER teams and OTHER players set while playing the Saints. :dang:

And in the face of all that, I simply say: WHO DAT!!! :nana:

St. Pike
11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
time for a top 10 list

Actually, try to finding the exact match on photo editor, its next to impossoble. Technically, its more green than brown.

onally like, we ain't good enough speech after we narrowly lost to 49ers 22-24 in the SuperDome. It is sometimes refer to the Woulda, coulda, should a speech. The saints went on to win 9 straight, clinching their first playoff appearance. Ironically, they clinched their winning season by narrowly defeating the Steelers.

Get the nicknames right: its Billy Joe "Turnover" he was horrible a product of Mike "the dumb dumb " Ditka.
Oh and Bobby Hebert is called the Cajun Cannon (not sure why, he wasn't known for a rocket arm, but accurate).
Personally, I am not sure why you are stuck on "Billy Joe" no one liked Turnover or Hobert, except Ditka.

Personally, I was totally against the change, but this was Haslets regime. He did everything right the first year, and everything wrong thereafter. Iwish he would had started off bad. We were teased for 5 years!

The Saints started playing in 1968. Bradshaw was a pro by 1971 (at least). This meant he didn't have the Saints.... in the Cowboys started playing in Dallas I believe in the early 60's. Well, maybe cardinals,...no?

6. Sam Mills The Field Mice. One of the best MLBs to play the game in recent years.
7. can we say it, overrated!
8. A class guy despite his need for the media attention. He brings alot of heart and soul to the game, and leaves everythig on the field. Despite his shanigans, he is a clas individual and a team leader.
9. Its too bad Cooper busted his knee, he could have been a great TE. (yes not a QB) I guess the other two needed someone to catch the ball).
10. An idiot who blamed everyone else but himself. A complete waste of talent. I think Ditka brought him in,.... idiot

Tom Demsey's 63 yarder?
Ricky Jackson (The man was an absolute beast,.. the heart of the Dome Patrol,...without him, an average defense). Its ashame never observed his importance.
Bum: He gave his best, but the Curse of Madam Laveau broke his spirit,.. well Landetta didn't help either!

In all honestly, if you want to slam the Saints,... ask a saints fan..... too much heartache for any smack to really bother us.

Why do the Saints always lose?
Because they play in Looosiana! :toofunny:

tony hipchest
11-09-2006, 01:23 PM
whose slamming the saints. im aknawlin'ging all their great contributions, like
#11- wearing helmets during media interviews. im suprised this trend never took off, along with wedding photos of a teams head coach and rb in a full length white dress.

how could i forget the special fitted shoe for the half footed kicker? its probably the saints greatest attraction in the hall of fame.

i knew bradshaw in LA and the beginning of the saints were close. he rooted for them in college and continued pulling for them as he grew up in pittsburgh, then.

and whose stuck on billy joe? it was the name of a saint right? a great southern qb name. and yes he sucked. admit it. billy joe brees has a certain ring to it.

sumo
11-09-2006, 01:42 PM
John Fourcade - the fattest QB to ever play in the NFL

kfaulk99
11-09-2006, 01:57 PM
John Fourcade - the fattest QB to ever play in the NFL

Oh man, Fourcase(s) was the biggest joke of all. And its really sad to see him now. Sits in the stands at Saints games, standing up, turning around, making sure EVERYBODY knows he's there. Bumps around town STILL wearing his Saints jersey just in case someone might not recognize him. Dude has beefed up now tho, guess he kinda had too.

I still remember the fear in other teams eyes when they knew they were gonna face Fourcase(s).

oh, but he had a strong arm tho! :toofunny:

St. Pike
11-09-2006, 04:48 PM
whose slamming the saints. im aknawlin'ging all their great contributions, like
#11- wearing helmets during media interviews. im suprised this trend never took off, along with wedding photos of a teams head coach and rb in a full length white dress.

Yes, the Mike Ditka was an absolute joke and embarrassment! I still rmember fans wearing those ridiculous hard hats, "time to go to work." Yes the team was just like unskilled workers who couldn't block, catch and throw.

i knew bradshaw in LA and the beginning of the saints were close. he rooted for them in college and continued pulling for them as he grew up in pittsburgh, then.

I wouldn't exactly consider college days as "growing up." I consider it grown up. Using your definition, I am still a growing boy at 37.

tony hipchest
11-09-2006, 08:58 PM
wasnt it the saints who had the greatest last second, hail mary, toss the ball all over the field, tie the game play that rivaled the ucla/cal st. "band play", to tie the game, only to have the kicker miss the tying extra point?

yeah it was. against the jags. great play. im glad the saints contributed to the highlight reels.

(i believe it was mccalister and stallworth who had the 2 best touches on that amazing play in a losing cause)

MattsMe
11-10-2006, 12:55 AM
1.) yes, there were a few MORANS that wore paperbags. I'll tell you most Saints fans can't stand those who did. But every team as a % of fair-weathered fans & retarts.

You're so very clever. Want a cookie?

kfaulk99
11-10-2006, 01:19 AM
You're so very clever. Want a cookie?

Was that seriously a reply to me? did you have something to say?

Hey btw, did you guys let Jason White outta town with that heismann? Even after LSU punked his already K-State punked ass?

Bra, just don't...you'll get a complex, I'm telling you.

MattsMe
11-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Was that seriously a reply to me? did you have something to say?

Hey btw, did you guys let Jason White outta town with that heismann? Even after LSU punked his already K-State punked ass?

Bra, just don't...you'll get a complex, I'm telling you.

Jason White? :toofunny:

And I'm not your bra. I'm sorry if you need one, and I'm not surprised it's given you a complex. I'd be embarassed about it too if I was you.

St. Pike
11-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Jason White? :toofunny:

And I'm not your bra. I'm sorry if you need one, and I'm not surprised it's given you a complex. I'd be embarassed about it too if I was you.

Always get alaugh when people type "bra" when its short for Brother,... so its "Bro."

Black@Gold Forever32
11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Man I can't wait until this Sunday. After this Sunday we won't have to put up with all these Saints fans flooding our board for another four years. I really don't hate the Saints and I'm glad they are doing well. But I'm just tired of these Saints fans already. Go to a Saints board and post about the Saints love fest. None of us Steelers fans care about the Saints.

greenparrot
11-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Man I can't wait until this Sunday. After this Sunday we won't have to put up with all these Saints fans flooding our board for another four years. I really don't hate the Saints and I'm glad they are doing well. But I'm just tired of these Saints fans already. Go to a Saints board and post about the Saints love fest. None of us Steelers fans care about the Saints.
it's not all bad....we'll be on the Bengals board next week trying tp spice it up a little

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2006, 11:58 AM
it's not all bad....we'll be on the Bengals board next week trying tp spice it up a little

Not all of them have been bad....and the one who thought himself above the rules got himself burned

pburghsaint
11-12-2006, 01:51 PM
what about having 4 LBs from the same team go to the probowl in the same year?

Rickey Jackson
Pat Swilling
Vaughn Johnson
Sam Mills

MACH1
11-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Zero playoff wins

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Zero playoff wins

Neither do the saints have a Super Bowl.

pburghsaint
11-12-2006, 02:44 PM
actually we have one playoff win, get it right

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 02:50 PM
what about having 4 LBs from the same team go to the probowl in the same year?

Rickey Jackson
Pat Swilling
Vaughn Johnson
Sam Millsthat was 1 hell of a lb corp. that defense reminded me of the awesome d of jerome brown, reggie white, et al with the eagles. great d that the offense just couldnt hang with.

MattsMe
11-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Being the team to allow Willie Parker 2 runs of 70+ yards in the same game, the first RB to do it since some guy named....Barry Sanders. :thumbsup: