PDA

View Full Version : A quick NFL quiz

SteelersWoman
11-10-2006, 03:06 AM
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/116306078465930.xml&coll=1

This is what's so heartbreaking for all of us Steelers fans...

By Jimmy Smith
A quick NFL quiz.

One team in Sunday's game at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh ranks sixth overall in total offense in the NFL -- 17th in rushing and fifth in passing -- and its defense ranks eighth overall, ninth against both the run and the pass.

The other team ranks seventh in total offense (27th rushing, third passing), and its defense ranks 10th overall, 17th in stopping the run, fifth in shutting down the pass.

Can you decipher, by those numbers, which team is 2-6 and which is 6-2?

If you guessed that the defending Super Bowl champion Steelers have a better overall offensive and defensive statistical ranking than the NFC South-leading Saints, go to the head of the class.

Looking at mere numbers, it's no wonder why, in the aftermath of Sunday's 31-20 victory over the Steelers, Denver linebacker Al Wilson said: "There might be panic in the streets, but that's the best two-win football team I've ever seen. They're not that far from the team that won the Super Bowl last year."

The story goes on for 3 pages, but this was the part that I wanted to bring out--our "W" and "L" aren't telling the "whole" story--unfortunately, it's the only one that counts.

BigDuke6
11-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately, W and L is the ONLY stat that counts. The rest just dont.

SteelersWoman
11-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Unfortunately, W and L is the ONLY stat that counts. The rest just dont.

Yep--that's why I said "unfortunately, it's the only one that counts".

augustashark
11-10-2006, 02:16 PM
*&^%%^&%, &^%$%^^&@! AND I MEAN ^&*$$^!!, BUT $%#@$#%%^!!!!!!!!!!

NOT TO MENTION #$%%^^#@!@##:banging:

:egg: :crutches: :crying02: :crying02: :kick: :kick: :crying01: :crying01: :ouch: :ouch: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :shout: :argue: :argue: :pity: :pity:

SteelersWoman
11-10-2006, 11:04 PM

:egg: :crutches: :crying02: :crying02: :kick: :kick: :crying01: :crying01: :ouch: :ouch: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :shout: :argue: :argue: :pity: :pity:

:toofunny: !!

stillers4me
11-11-2006, 04:58 AM

:egg: :crutches: :crying02: :crying02: :kick: :kick: :crying01: :crying01: :ouch: :ouch: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :shout: :argue: :argue: :pity: :pity:

My sentiments exactly !!!

Infamix
11-12-2006, 09:01 AM
it is true and depressing

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2006, 12:15 PM
How can one story inspire hope....and frustration at the same time???!!!