PDA

View Full Version : Iti is more than just football...

Indy_Steelers
11-10-2006, 11:18 AM
It is family!

I was telling a friend the other day that if I some how lost my home and wound up on the street with only the clothes on my back I hope I would have a Steelers shirt on because I know that another Steelers fan would come along very shortly and help me get back on my feet.:hug:

After every game this year I have watched this video and it has picked me back up.
Man we are the best fans in the world and we support the best football team in the world
win or lose. I love and respect what the Steelers are about on and off the filed.:cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1esGyeKuQ

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2006, 12:06 PM
You are SO right about that!

I have always known Steeler fans are fiercely dedicated to their team...but they are also dedicated to fellow fans. Give ya some examples:

I was given a "Terrible Towel" by a another Steeler fan (who I just met) at the local Steeler club where I watch the games. That really meant a lot to me...

I recently met some fellow Steeler fans from another MB who were going to be in Memphis on business and were looking for a place to watch the Steelers Falcons game (I told them about our local Steeler club) We hooked up and it's like we knew each other for years!! She gave me Steeler shotglass as a gift (although I don't really drink the "hard stuff." :smile: )

And just recently I found out about a co-worker at my part-time job is a fellow Steeler fan as well. I happend to notice her Steeler jacket and we started commiserating on the bad season we were having this year and I told her about the club. Ta-da! Instant friend!

I am so proud to be part of this kind of fan base that loves its team and looks out for one another as fans. We are truly the STEELER NATION!!

stlrtruck
11-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I know exactly what you mean too.

My wife just shakes her head every time we go out and me and another Steelers fan will just start talking. We'll spend 5 maybe 10 minutes, sometimes more talking about the team, where we watch the game, how long we've been a fan, etc.

It's always great to find another Steelers fan. There's respect, trust, and love for that person. Even if you never see them again (like some of the Steelers fans I meet in airports or when I'm in Da 'Burgh once a year).

herewegosteelers
11-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I sell cars for a living & I have to admit. you walk in with Steelers gear on & I give a discount. Anyone wearing different gear.. FULL PRICE!!:smile: Yes I take care of my own!:tt02:

MJ5150
11-10-2006, 08:36 PM
My wife just shakes her head every time we go out and me and another Steelers fan will just start talking. We'll spend 5 maybe 10 minutes, sometimes more talking about the team, where we watch the game, how long we've been a fan, etc.

It's always great to find another Steelers fan.

Too funny. My wife is the same way. Just tonight, I was at the grocery store and I saw a guy with a Penn State hat on. So my wife says "are you going to go talk ot him too?". Sure enough, I was introducing myself before she finished her sentence.

Let me tell you, the bond of Steeler fans was of GREAT comfort as I spent Sunday evening and Monday morning in Oakland and San Francisco.

-Mike

Indy_Steelers
11-10-2006, 09:11 PM
"it's like we knew each other for years."

Every time I meet another Steeler fan it is just like that. :wave:
That is a big part of why I try to wear Steelers stuff as much as possible.:tt02:

BlacknGold76
11-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Great video. From all that I have read here Steeler Fans are the greatest people in the world. Makes me proud to be a Steeler fan as well.:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Steelers
11-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Exactly! Nationality, race, political stance, the language barrier, and social status are all blurred by the unifier that is Steelers Fandom. Love the video, and Penn State sucks.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-11-2006, 11:09 AM
I sell cars for a living & I have to admit. you walk in with Steelers gear on & I give a discount. Anyone wearing different gear.. FULL PRICE!!:smile: Yes I take care of my own!:tt02:

For a really big discount on the new 4dr Jeep Wranglers....I will paint my body black & gold and sing the "polamalu" song in your parking lot!!!

herewegosteelers
11-11-2006, 03:30 PM
For a really big discount on the new 4dr Jeep Wranglers....I will paint my body black & gold and sing the "polamalu" song in your parking lot!!!

What year!! I got a 00 & 04 & 06:guitar:
You've got yourself a deal!!:tt02:

touchdownward
11-11-2006, 04:50 PM
That video always gives me chills, thanks for posting
Go Steelers!!!!
:cheers: :tt02: