PDA

View Full Version : The Personal Attack Wars Need To Stop!

SteelCityMan786
10-23-2006, 04:59 PM
With the new season in full swing right now, and I have also seen some of it lately, just thought we(the moderators) should just give a little friendly reminder that Personal Attacks are not permissable. These can result in, receiving infractions to bans.

This reminder is being made because a lot of fans from other teams will be joining us over the course of the season. Not only fans from other teams, but also new Steelers fans as well. So, it would help to make them feel welcome to talk football with fellow football fans.

Feel free to talk football, or just about anything as long as they are appropriate for that subject. Debate and argue if you want. Just don't make it an all out verbal fight.

Otherwise carry on and enjoy SteelersFever.

Hines0wnz
10-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Don't feed the trolls! :flap:

SteelCityMan786
10-23-2006, 06:07 PM

That's one way to combat it, but thought it would be good to at least put a reminder out.

stlrtruck
10-25-2006, 07:33 AM

But can we poke them? That's always fun!!!

Jeremy
10-25-2006, 10:05 AM
It's not a problem with feeding them. The problem comes in when they keep flaming away for two and three days from multiple usernames.

Is there a way to ban IP addresses?

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-25-2006, 11:47 AM
If I feed them and they follow me home, can I keep them..............and kill them?

SteelCityMan786
10-25-2006, 03:25 PM
It's not a problem with feeding them. The problem comes in when they keep flaming away for two and three days from multiple usernames.

Is there a way to ban IP addresses?

yes there is.

SteelersWoman
10-25-2006, 11:23 PM
I've been following a site that has Steeler message boards-- and there's this one person that has written like 6 messages downing our guys that NO one has responded to. It's almost funny! lol I have a feeling they won't be posting many more :P

We've continued to write to other Steelers fans, but we've ingnored him lol

If someone has a "legitimate" issue, that's one thing, but people who are Steeler haters (I call them, anyway) have a tendency to just make things up, or not make sense...and it's hard to respond to that.

X-Terminator
10-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I have to add my two cents here. If you want the personal attacks to stop, how about banning the trolls as soon as they start their crap? And I'm sorry, but anyone who comes on a message board for no other reason than to be a troll and rile people up is an idiot, and I have absolutely no problem saying so or calling them on it.

Jeremy
10-26-2006, 02:38 PM
The one big side effect of having a smack board is that morons will use is as a stage for personal attacks on players, other posters, etc.

Some people take football and the internet way too seriously.

HometownGal
10-26-2006, 03:14 PM
There are an assortment of fans who support other teams here at SF and most of them are genuinely good people who love their teams ALMOST :wink02: as much as we love our Steelers. I have no problem whatsoever with them posting their thoughts and even smack-talking in the BF - hey - if ya can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen. That being said, however, we've had some real doozies coming around lately to stir the poo and instigate personal attacks against some of our members which just isn't right. Sure we all have our differences with each other around these parts, but in the end, we're kinda like an extended family of football diehards. It seems that we are losing quality members because the trolls aren't being kept under control or nuked and I think that is a tad unfair. I know you Mods have lives outside of this board - hey - most of us do, but this board could be heads above the rest with a little more crackdown on the problem children who are stinking up OUR board and ruining the good experiences most of us have had here. Yes, we could just ignore them, but lately, even that doesn't seem to be effective. I hope the board administration will look into this ongoing problem and act accordingly. You all do a great job here and I think I speak for everyone here in saying that we truly appreciate everything you have done and continue to do. Just a suggestion.

Now I'll step down off my soap box. :jammin:

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Well I'm at least stepping things up. We're not going to let the reputation of Steelers Fever go to hell in a handbasket.

HometownGal
10-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Well I'm at least stepping things up. We're not going to let the reputation of Steelers Fever go to hell in a handbasket.

Yes you are, hon, and you've done a great job. :thumbsup: I've just heard rumblings that it appears on the surface that some of the trolls who make it obvious that they are here to flame-bait and cause trouble are given a little more carte blanche than those defending themselves against these shart-stirrers and I can sympathize with their frustration. Though the administration here welcomes fans of all teams, which is awesome :cheers: , the majority of us are here to interact with fellow football and sports fans, as well as to share our thoughts and brainstorm (Monday morning QB - LOL! :wink02: ) about our Steelers, to share in the "thrill of victory", as well as the "agony of defeat" and participate in some of the really great discussions that many of the non-Steelers fans have brought to the table. One of the biggest draws to this board when I was first invited to join was that it was a friendly BB that cracked down on ignorance and name-calling and that was an enormous draw for me, considering the atmosphere of a few other Steelers BBs out there.

I care about this place very much and the really terrific people I have been privileged to "meet" here - we need to all work together to help this forum continue to grow and flourish. Time to bag up the trash and put it on the sidewalk where it belongs.

Stlrs4Life
10-26-2006, 07:00 PM
There are an assortment of fans who support other teams here at SF and most of them are genuinely good people who love their teams ALMOST :wink02: as much as we love our Steelers. I have no problem whatsoever with them posting their thoughts and even smack-talking in the BF - hey - if ya can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen. That being said, however, we've had some real doozies coming around lately to stir the poo and instigate personal attacks against some of our members which just isn't right. Sure we all have our differences with each other around these parts, but in the end, we're kinda like an extended family of football diehards. It seems that we are losing quality members because the trolls aren't being kept under control or nuked and I think that is a tad unfair. I know you Mods have lives outside of this board - hey - most of us do, but this board could be heads above the rest with a little more crackdown on the problem children who are stinking up OUR board and ruining the good experiences most of us have had here. Yes, we could just ignore them, but lately, even that doesn't seem to be effective. I hope the board administration will look into this ongoing problem and act accordingly. You all do a great job here and I think I speak for everyone here in saying that we truly appreciate everything you have done and continue to do. Just a suggestion.

Now I'll step down off my soap box. :jammin:

Well said Hometown Girl.

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes you are, hon, and you've done a great job. :thumbsup: I've just heard rumblings that it appears on the surface that some of the trolls who make it obvious that they are here to flame-bait and cause trouble are given a little more carte blanche than those defending themselves against these shart-stirrers and I can sympathize with their frustration. Though the administration here welcomes fans of all teams, which is awesome :cheers: , the majority of us are here to interact with fellow football and sports fans, as well as to share our thoughts and brainstorm (Monday morning QB - LOL! :wink02: ) about our Steelers, to share in the "thrill of victory", as well as the "agony of defeat" and participate in some of the really great discussions that many of the non-Steelers fans have brought to the table. One of the biggest draws to this board when I was first invited to join was that it was a friendly BB that cracked down on ignorance and name-calling and that was an enormous draw for me, considering the atmosphere of a few other Steelers BBs out there.

I care about this place very much and the really terrific people I have been privileged to "meet" here - we need to all work together to help this forum continue to grow and flourish. Time to bag up the trash and put it on the sidewalk where it belongs.

Thanks and well said. Just remember everyone, doesn't matter if you've been hear less then 1 year or more then 1 year, let's make everyone feel at home.

Jeremy
10-26-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry man, but I'm not going to make trolls feel at home. Especially no Lombardi Trophy having teams like the Falcons. All kidding aside, Falcons fans talking trash to Pittsburgh is kind of like the Devil Rays talking trash to the Yankees. It just doesn't make any sense.

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry man, but I'm not going to make trolls feel at home. Especially no Lombardi Trophy having teams like the Falcons. All kidding aside, Falcons fans talking trash to Pittsburgh is kind of like the Devil Rays talking trash to the Yankees. It just doesn't make any sense.

Oh that's alright. I hate annoying trolls as well. But yet, they can get themselves banned.

Jeremy
10-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Does't matter, they'll come back with new handles because they're losers.

If you look up loser in the dictionary, it's going to tell you to see trolls like LITP and hardwork. Guys who spend hours on an opposing team's message board for no real reason.

Livinginthe past
10-27-2006, 05:17 AM
Does't matter, they'll come back with new handles because they're losers.

If you look up loser in the dictionary, it's going to tell you to see trolls like LITP and hardwork. Guys who spend hours on an opposing team's message board for no real reason.

You missed a fairly major point HTG made - she enjoys interaction with fans of opposing teams who make an effort to talk football in the relevant forums.

All you have basically managed in your short time here is one anti-Boston, anti-Patriots rant after another that display an embarrassing lack of imagination.

Maybe you should set up an impromptu poll to see how many people here think im a troll?

I think you'll find yourself in the minority by some distance.

NM

Jeremy
10-27-2006, 05:50 AM
You've ruined this board for me, you really have.

Livinginthe past
10-27-2006, 06:30 AM
You've ruined this board for me, you really have.

I really dont understand people like you, Jeremy.

I can understand how your typical troll who posts rubbish/smack on every thread can lower posters enjoyment of the board (BBBH, Crymeariver).

Thats not somrthing I do.

The problem lies with you and people like you - you think that you get to say whatever you want without getting called on it simply because you are a Steelers fan.

I have never insulted whole groups of people, especially people from Pittsburgh, because I think its illogical and pretty impolite - you however, have no problem writing personal stuff about people from Boston and Patriots fans.

I can't honestly think of the last time I instigated a 'conversation' with you - it is always you who brings my name up, or attempts to interject on threads I am posting on.

If you find it all so upsetting, I suggest you completely ignore my presence and i'll do you the same courtesy.

NM

Big D
10-27-2006, 08:57 AM
I guess I want to put in my two cents in on this one. I belong to several forums this is the only steeler forum i belong too. Largely because I have explored other steeler forums and this one is a far first from any other steeler forum. I belong to other team forums. I'm in one forum where the memebers are consistantly at civil wars. What i've noticed and loved about this forum is you can have a debate and not bicker or fight like children. I think all the mods in here do a great job. And as for living in the past i think for a patriot fan he brings positive opinions in this forum

Tankus_Maximus
10-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Don't let Nigel ruin this for you Jeremy....it's amazing how his Euro arrogance manages to transcend into his posts, you get used to it after a while...or numb to it, I haven't decided which.

There are many other good people here..HTG, Tony, and many more!! Sit back, pop a brew & enjoy the show!!

Livinginthe past
10-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Don't let Nigel ruin this for you Jeremy....it's amazing how his Euro arrogance manages to transcend into his posts, you get used to it after a while...or numb to it, I haven't decided which.

There are many other good people here..HTG, Tony, and many more!! Sit back, pop a brew & enjoy the show!!

It amazing how the few posters that refuse to be civil also think that it is putting me at some sort of disadvantage when you constantly refer to me by my first name.

How about levelling the playing field, and displaying some real maturity and tell me yours if you are going to insist on this practice - otherwise it just displays a lack of manners.

Im sure other posters, who actually post on the subject of football rather than the limited medium of smack, can see the irony of these personal attacks of me on a thread which was started to discourage that behaviour.

When you type things like 'Euro-arrogance' you let the whole forum down - unless you are attempting to group together a whole, varied continent of people under one umbrella term as a misguided attempt at humor.

NM

Jeremy
10-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Last night I discovered the magic of the ignore list.

It's a wonderful thing. :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
10-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Last night I discovered the magic of the ignore list.

It's a wonderful thing. :wink02:

It will definantly help cut down the count of personal attacks.

tony hipchest
10-27-2006, 04:23 PM
You missed a fairly major point HTG made - she enjoys interaction with fans of opposing teams who make an effort to talk football in the relevant forums.

All you have basically managed in your short time here is one anti-Boston, anti-Patriots rant after another that display an embarrassing lack of imagination.

Maybe you should set up an impromptu poll to see how many people here think im a troll?

I think you'll find yourself in the minority by some distance.

NMthis post takes the cake. anyone else see the irony here?
( LITP Quotes directed at yours trully in a particular thread in the steelers forum) :

-You are such a d*ck

-You are totally shown up here by posters

-you are incapable of anything above moronic repetition.

-no-one agrees with this BS you spout continuously - take the hint and pack it in.

-we can to go through the childishness of your previous post

-You have just shown everybody what you are - a troll on your own forum.

-Thanks for being so boringly repetitive.

-it just makes you a troll, and a bad one at that.

-You've just been made to look the two-faced liar that you are.

-misconcepted ass.

-You are a troll on your own teams forum - its doesnt get much worse than that.

anyways, whats this about an impromptu poll, and finding oneself in the minority? :chuckle:

Prosdo
10-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Well, even this thread seems to be getting heated up. Not good.

memphissteelergirl
10-27-2006, 04:50 PM
I promise I will try to use the "ignore" list more often. I don't want to be part of the problem. But I gotta take a good stab at the trolls every once in a while...:wink02:

HometownGal
10-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Guys, c'mon - this is short of insane. If you don't particularly care for someone around here, do as Jeremy has done and put them on IGNORE! We can't all agree ALL of the time, but we can attempt to be civil to one another MOST of the time. The Mods can only do so much around here to restore harmony - ultimately, it's up to US to do our part. Let's help 'em out, k? :cheers:

Now, let's gather around the cyber campfire and sing a rousing rendition of Kumbaya. Who's got the beer and weenies? (Ummmm - don't answer that - LOL!) *ducks from cyber tomatoes* :grouphug:

SteelCityMan786
10-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Guys, c'mon - this is short of insane. If you don't particularly care for someone around here, do as Jeremy has done and put them on IGNORE! We can't all agree ALL of the time, but we can attempt to be civil to one another MOST of the time. The Mods can only do so much around here to restore harmony - ultimately, it's up to US to do our part. Let's help 'em out, k? :cheers:

Now, let's gather around the cyber campfire and sing a rousing rendition of Kumbaya. Who's got the beer and weenies? (Ummmm - don't answer that - LOL!) *ducks from cyber tomatoes* :grouphug:

:toofunny: Well Said Hometown. Help us out, if you a problem with any user on this site, tell us right away. Don't let it snowball ya.

BBC
10-27-2006, 06:24 PM
It seems that we are losing quality members because the trolls aren't being kept under control or nuked and I think that is a tad unfair.

Quoted for Emphasis.

MattsMe
10-27-2006, 10:43 PM
With the new season in full swing right now, and I have also seen some of it lately, just thought we(the moderators) should just give a little friendly reminder that Personal Attacks are not permissable. These can result in, receiving infractions to bans.

Is there a certain number of personal attacks allowed before someone is banned, or does it vary, at the discretion of each moderator?

SteelCityMan786
10-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Once you reach 30 points you get banned(It doesn't matter how.)

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Once you reach 30 points you get banned(It doesn't matter how.):jawdrop: i have 3372! oh wait... thats rep points.

how do you know how many personal attack points you got?

is this the same as the thread a month or so ago explaining where if you dont see them you dont got em?

MattsMe
10-28-2006, 12:38 AM
is this the same as the thread a month or so ago explaining where if you dont see them you dont got em?

I guess so.

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 12:40 AM
I guess so.

i got some catching up to do then. wheres bengalbrain? :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
10-28-2006, 01:00 AM
:jawdrop: i have 3372! oh wait... thats rep points.

how do you know how many personal attack points you got?

Oh quit bragging Tony! (lol)

BTW...do I have any personal attack points?????? :horror:

stillers4me
10-28-2006, 07:49 AM
What are "personal attack points"? (OK.....ok, I admit I'm still trying to figure this place out.......but I love it here!) Do the mods give them out or can we give out negative rep points? When I click on the "thumbs up thumbs down" icon, all I see is a way to give postive rep points.

Prosdo
10-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Negative rep points were removed since people were abusing the system. The staff gives out infractions for different things.

SteelCityMan786
10-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Oh quit bragging Tony! (lol)

BTW...do I have any personal attack points?????? :horror:

No, you'll have an infraction indicated in your profile. You don't have infractions #/#(#) yet, so you have none.

floodcitygirl
10-28-2006, 09:19 AM
No, you'll have an infraction indicated in your profile. You don't have infractions #/#(#) yet, so you have none.I'm gonna have to start working on that.....:smoker: (lol)

SteelCityMan786
10-28-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm gonna have to start working on that.....:smoker: (lol)

Oh come on FCG, your one of our more enjoyable posters.

jaysta
10-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Personally I think the administrator and the mods have done a good job of banning those that make incessant personal attacks. Guys like our banned "Texas friend" that had a billion posts that were 99% personal towards anyone they don't agree with, don't need to be in SF. Keep up the good work! :drink:

Big D
10-28-2006, 10:34 AM
i'm surprised that I havent gotten banned with all the personal attacks I do

floodcitygirl
10-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh come on FCG, your one of our more enjoyable posters.Well...thank ya SCM! :blush: Just so you know that I can cause trouble too! :wantsome: (lol)

SteelCityMan786
10-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Well...thank ya SCM! :blush: Just so you know that I can cause trouble too! :wantsome: (lol)

LOL!:sofunny:

Stillers#1
10-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Personally I think the administrator and the mods have done a good job of banning those that make incessant personal attacks. Guys like our banned "Texas friend" that had a billion posts that were 99% personal towards anyone they don't agree with, don't need to be in SF. Keep up the good work! :drink:

I miss Koopa.

83-Steelers-43
10-28-2006, 12:52 PM
http://www.1lovecards.com/cards/imissyou.shtml

slashsteel
10-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Jeremy if it gets too much for you jump over to Steelreign.org. Our visiting fans over there arn't so big headed as the one that gives you headaches here. Matter of fact one poster here could learn a lot from MikethPats fan. :)

And Nigel I am sure there is plenty that think you are a troll, they just don't want to get into heated debates.

It doesn't bother me as you can tell. Go Steelers!

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 02:40 PM
What are "personal attack points"? .

Its something you would get ..like if I said "stillers4me you are a ...... "

"stillers4me is a ......" "stillers4me can......"

I CANT DO IT....YOUR JUST TOO NICE!!!!:crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

slashsteel
10-28-2006, 02:42 PM
i'm surprised that I havent gotten banned with all the personal attacks I do

And here he admits it. I see you still can't get past the one sentence comments Big D.

Maybe one day eh?

Big D
10-28-2006, 03:28 PM
And here he admits it. I see you still can't get past the one sentence comments Big D.

Maybe one day eh?

this has nothing to do with you slash. I'm over what happen over the summer. that post was over sarcasm

slashsteel
10-28-2006, 09:40 PM
No biggie. I was just hoping over the summer you took a few English classes. Keep on keeping though. :)

jaysta
10-30-2006, 09:29 PM
I miss Koopa.

I have a feeling he's still around in here under different names. I was never sure if he was truly a Steelers fan though. Most of his posts had nothing to do with the team and everything to do with people that made posts.

X-Terminator
11-02-2006, 07:51 AM
You might also want to remind people, especially other team's fans, that the purpose of the Blast Furnace is for talking smack, not flaming people. I've seen way too many trolls use that forum for that purpose, as recently as yesterday, and it has to be nipped in the bud before it gets out of hand. I personally don't post in there often, but I do read occasionally and it's obvious that some people can't tell the difference between the two.

HometownGal
11-02-2006, 08:04 AM
You might also want to remind people, especially other team's fans, that the purpose of the Blast Furnace is for talking smack, not flaming people. I've seen way too many trolls use that forum for that purpose, as recently as yesterday, and it has to be nipped in the bud before it gets out of hand. I personally don't post in there often, but I do read occasionally and it's obvious that some people can't tell the difference between the two.

AMEN!!! :iagree:

The Smack Talk forum is for just that - smack talk - not personal attacks from tough talkin' internet bullies hiding behind a computer screen. Don't like the few simple rules around here? Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya. It's as simple as that.

Jeremy
11-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I've been avoiding the BF because of the way people have been acting in there the last few weeks.

I think winning is going to cure some of the problems we've been having in there though.

Tankus_Maximus
11-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Don't let 'em get ya down Jeremy. I got yer back!

floodcitygirl
11-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I've been avoiding the BF because of the way people have been acting in there the last few weeks.

I think winning is going to cure some of the problems we've been having in there though.Hey Jeremy. No offense to Tankus but HTG and Memphis are definately the babes you want on your side! :wantsome: :jammin:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Hey Jeremy. No offense to Tankus but HTG and Memphis are definately the babes you want on your side! :wantsome: :jammin:

HTG and memphis scare me....:jawdrop:

SteelCityMan786
11-03-2006, 03:36 PM
LLT you scare them and you scare me. JK.

floodcitygirl
11-04-2006, 09:44 AM
LLT you scare them and you scare me. JK.Hey Steel City!!! I thought I scared you???!!! :flap:

SteelCityMan786
11-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Hey Steel City!!! I thought I scared you???!!! :flap:

You? Scare me? Nahhhh, you inflict fear in me................................................ ........JK

stunta86
11-05-2006, 04:48 AM
I have a feeling he's still around in here under different names. I was never sure if he was truly a Steelers fan though. Most of his posts had nothing to do with the team and everything to do with people that made posts.

ummmmm........no, apparently you have never read all my post before. i never really talked down on ppl like that unless it was in the blast furnace cause that's where you should be able to have fun and talk a little "smack" or if it was a rival fan acting an ass or if i felt like someone was talkin down on me

but towards the end of my demise as koopa i was getting bored and didn't like all the drama that was happening with ppl, so i decided the board has changed so much i might as well to and just become an ass and see how it feels, and it just so happened you made a ridiculous post that i didn't agree with and responded in a bad way, which i will apologize for, i could've handled it better.

this is probably my last post as stunta86 but this is my only account that i have created since my koopa alias was banned....but at least this time i can say peace out before being banned....so peace out to the orignal members that were here when the good koopa was posting. which sorta means pre playoffs last year, even though there have been a few good members that i liked that joined after the success

HometownGal
11-05-2006, 08:37 AM
HTG and memphis scare me....:jawdrop:

LMAO!! Anyone who knows me on the outside would tell you that I'm basically a *****cat until someone wee wees in my Cheerios. :smile: I'm a pretty soft-hearted person all the way around but have little tolerance for blatant ignorance, attention-seekers (and psychos). This board is mild compared to some of the other Steelers BBs. We all get along pretty well as a whole and have a good core of people here. :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-05-2006, 09:07 AM
LLT you scare them and you scare me. JK.

ME???!!!....Im just your average joe..going about his business with a quite ...mild-mannered attitude...dealing with his post-traumatic stress disorder IN A VERY NON-VIOLENT WAY!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-05-2006, 09:30 AM
LMAO!! Anyone who knows me on the outside would tell you that I'm basically a *****cat until someone wee wees in my Cheerios. :smile: I'm a pretty soft-hearted person all the way around but have little tolerance for blatant ignorance, attention-seekers (and psychos). This board is mild compared to some of the other Steelers BBs. We all get along pretty well as a whole and have a good core of people here. :thumbsup:

I promise to never wee wee in your cheerios.........Honey!...Honey goes in cheerios.....wee wee is more of shredded wheat thing.

Livinginthe past
11-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I promise to never wee wee in your cheerios.........Honey!...Honey goes in cheerios.....wee wee is more of shredded wheat thing.

Im going to have to take offense there LLT.

Im sure you thought you were on safe ground smack talking shredded wheat, but I am actually responsible for maintaining the machinery that provides the world with its shredded wheat, here in the UK.

Im going to have to insist you retract the statement that insinuates that 'wee-wee' is a suitable companion to SW or you'll be hearing from my people.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Im going to have to take offense there LLT.

Im sure you thought you were on safe ground smack talking shredded wheat, but I am actually responsible for maintaining the machinery that provides the world with its shredded wheat, here in the UK.

Im going to have to insist you retract the statement that insinuates that 'wee-wee' is a suitable companion to SW or you'll be hearing from my people.

NM
Let me make it crystal clear, as crystal clear as I know how: I apologize to no one for my criticism of shredded wheat and of their use of wee wee broken policy.

If anyone owes our cereal lovers in the field an apology, it is the President and his failed team and a Republican majority in the Congress that has been willing to stamp -- rubber-stamp policies that
have done injury to cereal lovers and to their families.

LLT

Livinginthe past
11-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Let me make it crystal clear, as crystal clear as I know how: I apologize to no one for my criticism of shredded wheat and of their use of wee wee broken policy.

If anyone owes our cereal lovers in the field an apology, it is the President and his failed team and a Republican majority in the Congress that has been willing to stamp -- rubber-stamp policies that
have done injury to cereal lovers and to their families.

LLT

If there?s any comparison between the taste and texture of Shredded Wheat (with or without wee-wee) and the taste tactics of cheerios, it?s flawed logic. It?s just ? I simply can?t accept that. It?s unacceptable to think that there?s any kind of comparison between the wonderful flavour of Shredded Wheat and the blandness of Cheerios who upset innocent women and children.

See you in court.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-05-2006, 02:44 PM
If there’s any comparison between the taste and texture of Shredded Wheat (with or without wee-wee) and the taste tactics of cheerios, it’s flawed logic. It’s just — I simply can’t accept that. It’s unacceptable to think that there’s any kind of comparison between the wonderful flavour of Shredded Wheat and the blandness of Cheerios who upset innocent women and children.

See you in court.

NM

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about shredded wheat, and I personally apologize to any cereal lover, family member or American who was offended,"

"As a cereal lover, I want to make it clear to anyone eating breakfast and to their loved ones: My poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and [was] never intended to refer to shredded wheat".

LLT

Big D
11-05-2006, 02:48 PM
first a war over oil, now a war over shredded wheat. I think world war 3 has just started

jaysta
11-07-2006, 08:03 PM
but towards the end of my demise as koopa i was getting bored and didn't like all the drama that was happening with ppl, so i decided the board has changed so much i might as well to and just become an ass and see how it feels, and it just so happened you made a ridiculous post that i didn't agree with and responded in a bad way, which i will apologize for, i could've handled it better.

this is probably my last post as stunta86 but this is my only account that i have created since my koopa alias was banned....but at least this time i can say peace out before being banned....so peace out to the orignal members that were here when the good koopa was posting. which sorta means pre playoffs last year, even though there have been a few good members that i liked that joined after the success

All is cool koopa! Things actually were pretty slow when I started that thread which is the main reason that I wrote it that way. I have total respect for you with that apology and I knew that you were still with us one way or another. Also, thanks for the PM, but I couldn't reply because you got banned too quickly. Catch you around!

JJ

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 03:07 PM
It has been brought to my attention as well as probably to Prosdo's and possibly even SteelersFever's Attention that many members are getting flames directed at them from other users. I've seen it in threads and have been bombarded with PM's reguarding this and I bet it's been the same to my fellow moderators.

A reminder of Rule 1

1. Do not post topics or replies containing:

-Subjects which have already been discussed numerous times (please search first).
-Flames directed towards other users (possible temporary ban).
-Anything not relating to the original subject of the topic.
-Images linked from other sites without their permission (simply giving a URL is much more polite).
-Racist and hate speech material (this will be met with a swift ban).
-Gore and excessive violence (both photographic and animated).
-Pornography and strongly sexually suggestive material (both photographic and animated).
-Material generally considered rude, vulgar or crass.
-Links to gratuitous examples of the above is prohibited.

If this keeps up, infractions and bans are going to go out. We're not going to let the reputation of Steelers Fever go to hell in a handbasket because of things like this. Those of you involved in this whole sharade know who you are. We're not going to put up with people just coming in and flaunting the rules.

If you have no involvement with this whole ordeal, carry on and Enjoy Steelers Fever.

Stillers#1
11-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't want to be the Devils advocate here, but didn't we jsut have a thread about this very topic, threatening bans? Eventually you mods are actually going to have to start banning people, other than opposing teams fans. Nothing against the mods, I don't know you personally but, we have two who are teenagers (not that I am much older), and don't seem to be able to control most of the posters here, and another who hasn't been to the board in a little over a month I think.

Something needs to be done, if you keep letting the inmates run the asylum, then this board is going to end up like the bungles.

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh thanks for that. I'll make sure I merge this one together with the other. It's not easy for me to keep up with things. I can only do so much as well as Prosdo.

Big D
11-10-2006, 03:34 PM
thats why there needs to be more mods. Espically with the continued growth of the site

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Not to mention I can't just do all of this by myself.

Big D
11-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Not to mention I can't just do all of this by myself.

I agree. And no disrespect to prosdo. I do understand there is life outside the forum but she hasnt been on here much.

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I agree. And no disrespect to prosdo. I do understand there is life outside the forum but she hasnt been on here much.

I can't blame her, sometimes this job gets to be stressful.

Stillers#1
11-10-2006, 04:05 PM
LITP FOR MOD!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
LITP FOR MOD!!!!!!!!

:toofunny:

Livinginthe past
11-10-2006, 04:39 PM
LITP FOR MOD!!!!!!!!

Hey Stillers#1,

Im hoping the LITP for Mod bandwagon can get rolling again - my campaign seems to be floundering a little at this time - I may have to have a few words with my campaign manager!

Maybe its time to deploy the paper-clip - he must have a bundle of great uses for that item now.

Thanks for your support and remember...

Ask not what your board can do you you - but what you can do for your board! :wink02:

NM

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Nice case LITP

Livinginthe past
11-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Nice case LITP

Thanks, I really think that paper-clip is the secret weapon that will get me into office.

Then i'd take a hard line stance with guys like PGSRFAGS - one warning - then out.

You've seen his posts right?

Just repeating the 'powdery subtasnce/goalline' joke in every thread.

Thats a troll, and in my opinion, he should be gone.

NM

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 04:49 PM
I've deleted all but one, If I see it one more time. He's out.

Livinginthe past
11-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I've deleted all but one, If I see it one more time. He's out.

Good work 786! :cheers:

NM

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 04:56 PM
The man has been banned. And thanks.

Stillers#1
11-10-2006, 05:02 PM
LET THE HOUSE CLEANING BEGIN!!

Oh and LITP, I can def get you the gay vote.

Livinginthe past
11-10-2006, 05:08 PM
LET THE HOUSE CLEANING BEGIN!!

Oh and LITP, I can def get you the gay vote.

I never thought about a specific campaign manger for each demographic - has your research led you to believe this could be a 'key battle' in my potential election?

If you have any advice, about maybe camping up my delivery a little or whatever, it would be welcome - every vote counts! :wink02:

NM

Big D
11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I never thought about a specific campaign manger for each demographic - has your research led you to believe this could be a 'key battle' in my potential election?

If you have any advice, about maybe camping up my delivery a little or whatever, it would be welcome - every vote counts! :wink02:

NM

LITP I think you are the man. However i would like to take my stance and run for mod as well. I think this whole mod thing should be chosen by the memebers in the forum. An election

Livinginthe past
11-10-2006, 07:31 PM
LITP I think you are the man. However i would like to take my stance and run for mod as well. I think this whole mod thing should be chosen by the memebers in the forum. An election

That would be interesting - ive already had experience of leading a tightly run campaign, unfortunately the electorate voted for bunch of Steeler fans - seems to be a repeating pattern round here if you ask me :wink02:

What you need is someone who is relatively neutral who doesnt mind pulling Steelerfans posters back into line - aswell as cracking down hard on the one dimensional trolls we are getting.

Election fever.....its in the air.....

NM

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 08:20 PM
How about a Primary in May :toofunny: You can all PM your vote to the Mods. The decision is made by Steelers Fever, not the mods.

jaysta
11-10-2006, 10:22 PM
LITP FOR MOD!!!!!!!!

Man if you're older than 18 I'm all for it (which you appear to be, from reading your posts). I have noticed a problem with our younger mods addressing situations (as has been noted by other members in the past). Nothing against our teenage mods, but it was very evident to me that they were young, based off of posts that they made in certain "volatile" situations. They do a good job, but some more (older) help could be used in addition to our current mods.

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Man if you're older than 18 I'm all for it (which you appear to be, from reading your posts). I have noticed a problem with our younger mods addressing situations (as has been noted by other members in the past). Nothing against our teenage mods, but it was very evident to me that they were young, based off of posts that they made in certain "volatile" situations. They do a good job, but some more (older) help could be used in addition to our current mods.

I could certainly use some help of those who are older.

Stillers#1
11-11-2006, 01:30 AM

I agree to a point, I almost feel Mods should be over 21. Obviously Prosdo doenst devote the time needed, and SteelCity gets stuck with it all. We need more mods, and mods who are more commited to doing the job, fairly.

ward86
11-11-2006, 02:28 AM
I agree to a point, I almost feel Mods should be over 21. Obviously Prosdo doenst devote the time needed, and SteelCity gets stuck with it all. We need more mods, and mods who are more commited to doing the job, fairly.

well this user name won't last lol.....but i can't let y'all talk down on prosdo like that, she's done so much for this site. for a long time prosdo was the only mod that was actually doing stuff cause the admin took long to get her some help that didn't really even help out....it has nothing to do with age, 3 mods....well actually 2, that old dude never came back after the steelers started to lose, are not enough for a site that has over 300 members posting.....

floodcitygirl
11-11-2006, 08:05 AM
I appreciate your efforts, Prosdo and SteelCityMan.

jaysta
11-11-2006, 08:20 AM
well this user name won't last lol.....but i can't let y'all talk down on prosdo like that, she's done so much for this site. for a long time prosdo was the only mod that was actually doing stuff cause the admin took long to get her some help that didn't really even help out....it has nothing to do with age, 3 mods....well actually 2, that old dude never came back after the steelers started to lose, are not enough for a site that has over 300 members posting.....

Ward...what's up man? Actually I didn't direct my post towards any one member specifically (I hope it didn't come across that way). Actually I agree 100% w/ you about Prosdo. She's done a great job as a mod and she's one that I did not think was real young (but I could be wrong, this is the internet). Age may not matter, but honestly I think I picked out the younger mods based purely off of their posts. SCM even said he could use some help from older mods and I don't blame him. I say keep all the current mods, but add a few older mods to help the younger ones. The problem is, alot of older posters may not spend as much time on the forum. They have kids, homes, etc... to take care of...It's up to the administrator though. I'm just here to read and post.

Big D
11-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Ward...what's up man? Actually I didn't direct my post towards any one member specifically (I hope it didn't come across that way). Actually I agree 100% w/ you about Prosdo. She's done a great job as a mod and she's one that I did not think was real young (but I could be wrong, this is the internet). Age may not matter, but honestly I think I picked out the younger mods based purely off of their posts. SCM even said he could use some help from older mods and I don't blame him. I say keep all the current mods, but add a few older mods to help the younger ones. The problem is, alot of older posters may not spend as much time on the forum. They have kids, homes, etc... to take care of...It's up to the administrator though. I'm just here to read and post.

thats why i nominate myself (i'm 25) and floodcity, hometowngal and nigel. There needs to be some aged mods in here. Once again no offense to the current mods in place

floodcitygirl
11-11-2006, 09:21 AM
thats why i nominate myself (i'm 25) and floodcity, hometowngal and nigel. There needs to be some aged mods in here. Once again no offense to the current mods in placeHEY Big D! Whatta ya mean "aged"???!!!! :jawdrop: :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 10:43 AM
I appreciate your efforts, Prosdo and SteelCityMan.

Thanks FCG.

Remember, Prosdo and I can only do so much. If you see a problem, tell us as soon as it happens that way we can take care of it as soon as possible.

Stillers#1
11-11-2006, 11:45 AM

I'm not sayin we shold get rid of the younger mods, just syaing they could use the help of a few older, more experienced people.

Stillers#1
11-11-2006, 11:47 AM
thats why i nominate myself (i'm 25) and floodcity, hometowngal and nigel. There needs to be some aged mods in here. Once again no offense to the current mods in place

I dont think there should be any self-nominations. But HTG and Nigel would be excellent Mods.

jaysta
11-11-2006, 12:16 PM

Sounds good to many of us, but the admin has to make the final decision. :thumbsup:

Prosdo
11-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, I apologize for my lack of being around. I will be here a lot more.

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Well, I apologize for my lack of being around. I will be here a lot more.

Unfortunately this will happen sometimes.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately this will happen sometimes.

New Rule...Mods may not have personal lives....:sofunny: ...It just wont be tolerated!...(Good to see you again prosdo)

Prosdo
11-11-2006, 01:07 PM
lol No fair LLT! Thanks

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 01:38 PM
lol No fair LLT! Thanks

I SECOND THAT!

Big D
11-11-2006, 01:54 PM
HEY Big D! Whatta ya mean "aged"???!!!! :jawdrop: :sofunny:

well we certainly arent teenagers anymore

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 01:57 PM
That's for sure.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Time to strap Prosdo and SCM in front of the computer and prop their eyes open against their will ...ala clockwork orange

jaysta
11-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Time to strap Prosdo and SCM in front of the computer and prop their eyes open against their will ...ala clockwork orange

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 02:43 PM

Talk about cruel and unusal punishment.:sofunny:

X-Terminator
11-11-2006, 03:01 PM
What this board needs is an enforcer...someone who is going to be fair, but be tough when necessary. For that reason alone, I support HTG as a mod - having served as an admin with her on another board for the past 3+ years, she, without a doubt, is more than qualified to handle the job.

Stillers#1
11-11-2006, 04:23 PM
I second the HTG motion, with LITP up there as well. HTG can be the hammer, and LITP can be a wiseass to you, right before he bans you.

I do think its important to have a mod that is a fan of a different team, just to get rid of that bias.

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 04:34 PM
It might not hurt either.

floodcitygirl
11-11-2006, 05:14 PM
well we certainly arent teenagers anymoreSpeak for yourself, there Bud! :flap:

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 12:01 AM
with LITP up there as well. HTG can be the hammer, and LITP can be a wiseass to you, right before he bans you.

horrible idea. dont feed the ego. :thumbsup: with HTG though. she has a nose for trolls and is definitely experienced.

I do think its important to have a mod that is a fan of a different team, just to get rid of that bias theres posters like hawk believer, 3 to be 4, or silver & black who would fit that bill, although i dont think theyre salivating at the honor of being a mod on our board like certain other teams fans are (bengalbrian comes to mind). i think a new mod should be above posting in this manner:

You are such a d*ck

Quote:
You are totally shown up here by posters

Quote:
you are incapable of anything above moronic repetition.

Quote:
no-one agrees with this BS you spout continuously - take the hint and pack it in.

Quote:
we can to go through the childishness of your previous post

Quote:
You have just shown everybody what you are - a troll on your own forum.

Quote:
Thanks for being so boringly repetitive.

Quote:
it just makes you a troll, and a bad one at that.

Quote:
You've just been made to look the two-faced liar that you are.

Quote:
misconcepted ass.

Quote:
You are a troll on your own teams forum - its doesnt get much worse than that.
:jawdrop:

and thats just from 1 thread. :toofunny:

floodcitygirl
11-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Can't imagine who would have said those things???!!! :sofunny: HTG is an excellent choice, IMO....but also how about Mr Hipchest.....hmmmm???? After all, he's been around forever!...has to be older than dirt!!!! :smile:

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Can't imagine who would have said those things???!!! :sofunny: HTG is an excellent choice, IMO....but also how about Mr Hipchest.....hmmmm???? After all, he's been around forever!...has to be older than dirt!!!! :smile:well thanks....i think :sofunny:

although many of my transgressions have since been deleted i wont sit here and pretend that i am above making posts that resemble the aformentionned (only towards the TRUE trolls though).

floodcitygirl
11-12-2006, 01:33 AM
well thanks....i think :sofunny:

although many of my transgressions have since been deleted i wont sit here and pretend that i am above making posts that resemble the aformentionned (only towards the TRUE trolls though).The indicators of a true leader.......!!! :smile:

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Can't imagine who would have said those things???!!! :sofunny: HTG is an excellent choice, IMO....but also how about Mr Hipchest.....hmmmm???? After all, he's been around forever!...has to be older than dirt!!!! :smile:

Easy FCG, he might call out everyone on the Mod staff. THAT INCLUDES ME!:toofunny:

Stillers#1
11-12-2006, 10:35 AM
horrible idea. dont feed the ego.

While I typically agree with Tony #1, I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this. I don't think Nigel has much of an ego. It seems, to me anyways, to be mostly an act. I think he would make a great mod, and would be unbiased, swift (which is what we really need), and fair. Your other suggestions would be excellent also.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2006, 11:14 AM
I second the HTG motion, with LITP up there as well. HTG can be the hammer, and LITP can be a wiseass to you, right before he bans you.

I do think its important to have a mod that is a fan of a different team, just to get rid of that bias.

HTG..good idea,,,LITP?..Bad Idea.....actually...AWFUL idea...Not because of who he is ,,but because I think 99.9% of people would be opposed to having a mod on a Steeler forum who supports another team

Nothing personal LITP...I just try and look at it from the percpective of ME trying to mod a Patriots forum...I am only human and God forbid I come on the forum within an hour of the Pats beating the Steelers!!!!!!!...who knows maybe you could put those feelings to the side...but why tempt yourself..to have to listen to scores of Steeler fans potentially talking about those "cheating sob's" (Hypothetically)

Also I think it shows poor form for new members and other guests who come on a "not only fans but harcore fans" Steeler site that is moderated by a fan that is not a hardcore Steeler fan...:dang:

Livinginthe past
11-12-2006, 11:48 AM
HTG..good idea,,,LITP?..Bad Idea.....actually...AWFUL idea...Not because of who he is ,,but because I think 99.9% of people would be opposed to having a mod on a Steeler forum who supports another team

Nothing personal LITP...I just try and look at it from the percpective of ME trying to mod a Patriots forum...I am only human and God forbid I come on the forum within an hour of the Pats beating the Steelers!!!!!!!...who knows maybe you could put those feelings to the side...but why tempt yourself..to have to listen to scores of Steeler fans potentially talking about those "cheating sob's" (Hypothetically)

Also I think it shows poor form for new members and other guests who come on a "not only fans but harcore fans" Steeler site that is moderated by a fan that is not a hardcore Steeler fan...:dang:

Hey LLT,

To each their own - everyone seemed ecstatic about the last group of Mod's and that didnt exactly work out.

Calling the Patriots 'cheating SOB's' I have no problem with - as long as it didn't turn up repeatedly in threads outside the Blast Furnace.

If you are right about 99.9% of posters being strongly opposed to a fan from another team being a mod then its obviously an idea that wouldnt get off the ground in the first place - but im not sure if that exactly an accurate gauge or even anywhere close to it.

You want the forum to get back to where it was in its hey-day then some changes have to be made - im seeing people getting nominated but then not stepping up themselves.

Maybe SF agrees with your stance on the opposing fans thing - I dont know - I guess we'll find out soon enough.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey LLT,

To each their own - everyone seemed ecstatic about the last group of Mod's and that didnt exactly work out.

Calling the Patriots 'cheating SOB's' I have no problem with - as long as it didn't turn up repeatedly in threads outside the Blast Furnace.

If you are right about 99.9% of posters being strongly opposed to a fan from another team being a mod then its obviously an idea that wouldnt get off the ground in the first place - but im not sure if that exactly an accurate gauge or even anywhere close to it.

You want the forum to get back to where it was in its hey-day then some changes have to be made - im seeing people getting nominated but then not stepping up themselves.

Maybe SF agrees with your stance on the opposing fans thing - I dont know - I guess we'll find out soon enough.

NM

Again...you understand it wasnt personal..right?

Livinginthe past
11-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Again...you understand it wasnt personal..right?

Hey LLT,

Of course I understand that - you made some valid points.

NM

X-Terminator
11-12-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't mind LITP either - he's the kind of opposing team fan we want around here. But I, too, would be opposed to him becoming a moderator. It just wouldn't seem right to me that a Pats fan is a mod on a Steelers board. It's just MHO - I won't speak for anyone else.

Stillers#1
11-12-2006, 06:39 PM

I can see where you are coming from, at least with that lasst line. But LITP would make an excellent mod. I think he would be swift to punish, those who are, and aren't friends. Then we wouldnt have some Steeler fans breaking rules and getting away with it, simply because they are Steelers fans.

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 06:41 PM
I can see where you are coming from, at least with that lasst line. But LITP would make an excellent mod. I think he would be swift to punish, those who are, and aren't friends. Then we wouldnt have some Steeler fans breaking rules and getting away with it, simply because they are Steelers fans.this point would be excellent if we were on a patriots or nfl board.

but were not.

Stillers#1
11-12-2006, 07:47 PM
this point would be excellent if we were on a patriots or nfl board.

but were not.

So we should have mods based solely on the fact that they are Steelers fans? I'll call a spade a spade, and a mods favorite team wouldn't affect me at all, even if this is a Steelers board. So far the Steeler fan mod has proven to be not so good of a formula. Take it for what its worth.

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 07:53 PM
So we should have mods based solely on the fact that they are Steelers fans? I'll call a spade a spade, and a mods favorite team wouldn't affect me at all, even if this is a Steelers board. So far the Steeler fan mod has proven to be not so good of a formula. Take it for what its worth.you think this board has been that horribly moderated? i think the mods have done pretty good. but i guess mods like bengalbrian and litp would prevent posters like suit from leaving.

might as well change this to a bitch ass patriot or bengal board.

Stillers#1
11-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I didnt once say bengalbrian should be made a mod. Maybe if we had more stand up mods, people like BB wouldnt be allowed to run amuck.

jaysta
11-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I didnt once say bengalbrian should be made a mod. Maybe if we had more stand up mods, people like BB wouldnt be allowed to run amuck.

Speaking of BB, he's pretty quiet tonight isn't he?...oh wait....they lost today! LOL :tt02:

SteelCzar76
11-12-2006, 10:36 PM
this point would be excellent if we were on a patriots or nfl board.

but were not.

LITP is a stand up guy (for the most part),.......but i believe Tone pretty much sums it up best here.
With that said,... i think the obvious choice is Hometown. She's intelligent, fair (but firm), experienced, and has courage. (Did i mention the great sense of Humor? lol)
I'd also give a vote of confidence to Big D and even Mosca (though we don't always agree,....i think being a Mod suits him)
Oh yeah and shout's out to Tone and LambertsLostTooth,.....but i see "shooters". But pleasebelieve,.... I like your style LOL

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 11:36 PM
83-steelers-43

Prosdo
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Well, guys. I see a bit of you are not happy with the current job done by the staff. Please if you have any concerns, gripes, complaints, or anything please let me know. My PM box is always there to hear what you guys are unhappy about and how we can make this board a better place.

floodcitygirl
11-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Once again Prosdo, yours and SCM's efforts are GREATLY appreciated!

SteelCzar76
11-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, guys. I see a bit of you are not happy with the current job done by the staff. Please if you have any concerns, gripes, complaints, or anything please let me know. My PM box is always there to hear what you guys are unhappy about and how we can make this board a better place.

I believe you and the rest of the staff do a stand up job. Considering that you must have a personal live's that have nothing to do with the internet.
I think it's more so a matter of having more "coverage" (so to speak) in terms of numbers.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

jaysta
11-12-2006, 11:57 PM
I believe you and the rest of the staff do a stand up job. Considering that you must have a personal live's that have nothing to do with the internet.
I think it's more so a matter of having more "coverage" (so to speak) in terms of numbers.

I second that motion. :smile:

Prosdo
11-12-2006, 11:57 PM
I agree with you there Czar. I think that's what people have to understand. There are two of us. We are looking into more moderators to help. It's all about finding the right canidates.

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Well, guys. I see a bit of you are not happy with the current job done by the staff. Please if you have any concerns, gripes, complaints, or anything please let me know. My PM box is always there to hear what you guys are unhappy about and how we can make this board a better place.prosdo, as always i think you and scm have been doing a great job, especially including the influx of posters who have joined to relish in the steelers dismal season. im glad to see all the saintfans who joined werent banned for the simple fact that they wanted to run a little smack, but for the most part, talk some football and voice their opinion. you guys have been fair and impartial and havnt ruled with an iron fist.

you know i got your back to the end. and like scm stated, if additional help is needed, im all for it. i just hope the wrong help isnt put into place based on this thread alone.

Prosdo
11-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Thank you Tony. I appreciate that.

Steelersfan
11-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Well I may be hated by the owner here but I think Prosdo and SCM have done a great job. They are only but 2 people to mod a ton of posts while still going to school. So I doubt this is the first thing on their minds. I don't think it has anything to do with their age. Both are ver mature and handle things well.

Stillers#1
11-13-2006, 01:05 AM
I think perhaps I should restate my previous statement that the mods are doing a "terrible" job. I do think there needs to be more mods, and HTG should def be one of them. IMO nigel would make a good Mod, but I do see why it would be tough for him here, heck it's hard enough here for him as a regular member. Although I do believe, as I stated in a Pm to Prosdo, that if Nigel were a Steeler fan, he would be looked at in the same light as Tony. It's only my humble opinion, but the two are very comparable. All I know is something needs to be done and fast, I know I don't really carry any clout here, and my views are shared by few, but this site (which is still a GREAT site) is going to go downhill.

I do realize part of the reason is that our Stillers are having a bad season, and we are all a bit testy with opposing teams fans, but lets jsut remember how much shit we all talked last year, this stuff comes and goes. I know a lot of people were upset with the whole N.O. fans situation, but we need to be a little more open, and realize that not every fan of other teams acts like an ******* bungle fan.

Just my humble opinion.

Steelersfan
11-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Seriously, I can't believe you all want a fan from another team to be mod here? That is nothing against LITP. He is a great member here and makes some great posts. But this is a Steelers site!
That's not to mention the bashing of the current mods here. They do a fine job with the time they have. I know both SCM and Prosdo and they want what is best for SF. Lyn was a good mod too but yet you all got rid of her. I just don't get this place! You have a great Steelers site but sit here and argue about the mods?

Stillers#1
11-13-2006, 01:24 AM
Seriously, I can't believe you all want a fan from another team to be mod here? That is nothing against LITP. He is a great member here and makes some great posts. But this is a Steelers site!
That's not to mention the bashing of the current mods here. They do a fine job with the time they have. I know both SCM and Prosdo and they want what is best for SF. Lyn was a good mod too but yet you all got rid of her. I just don't get this place! You have a great Steelers site but sit here and argue about the mods?

It's not so much that I don't feel the mods don't do a good job, for the most part yes they do. I realize they are overworked, which is why we need MORE. However, I don't think the solution to every clash with opposing teams fans, is to ban the opposing teams fans. There are about 5-6 people in this thread (including myself) who should have/could have been banned for things that have been said, either to each other or opposing teams fans. There needs to be less of a bias. There are quite a few people here with over 500 posts, who, most of the time provide good input, that do a little bit of trolling as well (including me). I know thata no one is perfect, but I seriously would have expected a few warnings to be shot my way by now.

Continuing to create "No more personal attack" threads is not the answer. We are having a bad season, and every week people are going to come here, and for the most part they are going to go to the BF. Either people need to get tougher skin, or stop posting, b/c some replies go over the line (including my own).

Lyn
11-13-2006, 01:27 AM
I have belonged to this site almost since its' inception so I have alot to say to all of you who are promoting a person who promoted herself FIRST in this very post. Wake up, get a clue~! This is MIKE's board, MIKE decides who does what, if you do not like his decisions, leave! There are about 10 more registering as you leave.

Prosdo (Steph) has been a Mod here since I have been here and she is damn good at it, she loves this site and is honest, fair, has diginity, character, self respect and on top of that she is one nice person. So leave her to hell alone. The hours Steph puts in, is incredibile, you may not see her here because she works the site on her clock in other words when it is convenient for her. She is in college, she works, and she takes damn good care of this site, without Stephanie all you lazy asses that come here everyday and "private message" all the MODs to get them to "shape things up" to "get rid of this person and that person" really need to get a life. (I noticed there are over 147 posts and less than 20 of you have ever contributed a dime to this site, yet you say you care? You have quality MODS, leave them alone, let them do their job and you come in here and post and do what you do and enjoy this wonderful site. Last time I knew the pay for this job sucks. It is a ton of hours, a ton of work and no pay. Over the YEARS Stephanie has done an absolutely awesome job, so leave her alone.

It's about damn time all of us posters here realize that no matter how old a person is or how young a person is what he/she has to offer to a message board is invaluable, it is also about damn time allof us realize that every single member of this board is important and what he/she has to say is important. I love most all of the people here but I will be damned if I will sit back and watch some people attempt to take over this board and turn it to shit as I have been reading. Get a life!

Steelersfan
11-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Well if you post in the BF you should expect something back. But it shouldn't be out in the open forum. If you have done this then you just make the mods job harder. The mods here do a good job so don't be bashing them. Talk to Mike (steelersfever) about adding more if that is what is needed. Prosdo and SCM can't add more mods, only he can.

Great post Lyn!

Stillers#1
11-13-2006, 01:35 AM
Wow, I almoss cant see you up there Lyn, you ready to come down yet?

I never once said we should get rid of the mods we have, I suggested getting them some help. I rescinded my previous statement about the "terrible" job people were doing. It's a lack of support, plain and simple. Just b/c HTG "promoted" herself, doesn't mean she wouldn't do an excellent job, maybe you should open your eyes a little bit.

Chances are crossing you may end up getting me banned, b/c I am beginning to see how this site works, but what does my not being a contributer have to do with anything. I don't have a PayPal account, nor do I want one. I understand now though, that the only way you can make a contribution to this board is monetarily. Thats how it is, I get it.

HTG would make a great mod, and if you would take your head out of your rear you would see that. No one is attacking the mods (maybe I was and I apologized to Prosdo, who PM'd me first btw), many of us just think they need more help of UNBIASED people. Do you get that?

Steelersfan
11-13-2006, 01:38 AM
Unbiased in what way? Yours? You attacked the mods first.

Stillers#1
11-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Unbiased in what way? Yours? You attacked the mods first.

If you consider that an attack, then all I can say is wow. When I said they did a "terrible" job, I apologized for it. People have said a lot worse to me here, but as soon as you say something to them or someone in their "clique" an apology is demanded. I dont think many people here know what that word means unless they are demanding one. I told Prosdo I was sorry for my poor choice of words, if you cn't get over it, thats your problem.

X-Terminator
11-13-2006, 02:05 AM
I have belonged to this site almost since its' inception so I have alot to say to all of you who are promoting a person who promoted herself FIRST in this very post. Wake up, get a clue~! This is MIKE's board, MIKE decides who does what, if you do not like his decisions, leave! There are about 10 more registering as you leave.

Prosdo (Steph) has been a Mod here since I have been here and she is damn good at it, she loves this site and is honest, fair, has diginity, character, self respect and on top of that she is one nice person. So leave her to hell alone. The hours Steph puts in, is incredibile, you may not see her here because she works the site on her clock in other words when it is convenient for her. She is in college, she works, and she takes damn good care of this site, without Stephanie all you lazy asses that come here everyday and "private message" all the MODs to get them to "shape things up" to "get rid of this person and that person" really need to get a life. (I noticed there are over 147 posts and less than 20 of you have ever contributed a dime to this site, yet you say you care? You have quality MODS, leave them alone, let them do their job and you come in here and post and do what you do and enjoy this wonderful site. Last time I knew the pay for this job sucks. It is a ton of hours, a ton of work and no pay. Over the YEARS Stephanie has done an absolutely awesome job, so leave her alone.

It's about damn time all of us posters here realize that no matter how old a person is or how young a person is what he/she has to offer to a message board is invaluable, it is also about damn time allof us realize that every single member of this board is important and what he/she has to say is important. I love most all of the people here but I will be damned if I will sit back and watch some people attempt to take over this board and turn it to shit as I have been reading. Get a life!

Whoa...HOLD UP. Where did HTG "promote herself" in this thread? I just went back and read the entire thread and there hasn't been ONE instance where she has said "I want to be a moderator" or openly campaigned for the job - perhaps you would like to enlighten us? All I'm seeing is quite a few people who are promoting her because she has experience and they believe she would do a good job, as I certainly can attest to. Do you have a problem with that?

And what does having a "contributor" tag have to do with anything? So because I donated some money to this site, as did you, that somehow makes us better than everyone else? I don't think so! People like Stillers#1, tony hipchest and many others may not have contributed financially, but they have made their own contributions to the overall health and integrity of this board, and they do not deserve to be looked down upon because they don't have some silly "tag" underneath their names.

Stillers#1
11-13-2006, 02:07 AM
Whoa...HOLD UP. Where did HTG "promote herself" in this thread? I just went back and read the entire thread and there hasn't been ONE instance where she has said "I want to be a moderator" - perhaps you would like to enlighten us? All I'm seeing is quite a few people who are promoting her because she has experience and they believe she would do a good job, as I certainly can attest to. Do you have a problem with that?

Word.

Watch out for the Ban bug.

X-Terminator
11-13-2006, 02:22 AM
Word.

Watch out for the Ban bug.

Well if I get banned, then so be it. I'm a straight shooter, and will always speak my mind, whether anyone likes or agree with it...or not. It wouldn't be the first time I've been banned from a message board for speaking out or standing up for people.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2006, 05:04 AM
Well if I get banned, then so be it. I'm a straight shooter, and will always speak my mind, whether anyone likes or agree with it...or not. It wouldn't be the first time I've been banned from a message board for speaking out or standing up for people.

I understand Lyn's frustration XT...but your right , HTG never promoted herself..unless you read the who thread though it might appear that several people are doing just that. I dont think Lyn is coming down of HTG as much as she is defending the current Mods. Both Lyn and HTG are above reproach...

As for you getting banned...that is just a half-hearted jab at the mods for banning the troll KFAULK99 for his personal attacks ....those who were defending him are still smarting, hiding, or stirring the pot behind the scenes against percieved cliques.

Livinginthe past
11-13-2006, 05:12 AM
The way I look at all this is pretty simple.

No-one thinks Prosdo and 786 are doing a bad job or that they dont care - as Stillers#1 has said numerous times we have lost a bunch of mods all at once and they havent been replaced - its just the sheer workload that is increasing.

Im happy being a member here, but the fact is that board has lost a little bit of what made it great in the first place - tolerance.

We can put some of that down to the Steelers bad season - alot of trolls think it is open season to come here and post cr*p just to get a raise out of the members here.

On the flip side, i've seen many threads where a fan from an opposing team here has layed the smack on the Steleers and/or Ben and the return attacks have become personal very quick - and the opposing fan reacts in kind - then you have flame wars that are based purely around personal attacks.

Does anyone think its just fans from opposing teams that are breaking the rules, or that they are the ones even breaking them first?

Its even been stated by a Steeler fan on more than one occasion that this is their site and they'll post how they please regardless of the rules.

There are also others who actively enjoy the efforts of opposing trolls as it gives them a free shot at dragging the various threads through the gutter and back.

There are bunch of posters who would do a fantastic job of being a mod and if 3 or 4 were made up at the same time it would greatly reduce their immediate responsibility - but then I guess these posters have to contact Mike and let him know they want to do the job - thats if they actually do want to do it.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2006, 05:27 AM
The way I look at all this is pretty simple.

No-one thinks Prosdo and 786 are doing a bad job or that they dont care - as Stillers#1 has said numerous times we have lost a bunch of mods all at once and they havent been replaced - its just the sheer workload that is increasing.

Im happy being a member here, but the fact is that board has lost a little bit of what made it great in the first place - tolerance.

We can put some of that down to the Steelers bad season - alot of trolls think it is open season to come here and post cr*p just to get a raise out of the members here.

On the flip side, i've seen many threads where a fan from an opposing team here has layed the smack on the Steleers and/or Ben and the return attacks have become personal very quick - and the opposing fan reacts in kind - then you have flame wars that are based purely around personal attacks.

Does anyone think its just fans from opposing teams that are breaking the rules, or that they are the ones even breaking them first?

Its even been stated by a Steeler fan on more than one occasion that this is their site and they'll post how they please regardless of the rules.

There are also others who actively enjoy the efforts of opposing trolls as it gives them a free shot at dragging the various threads through the gutter and back.

There are bunch of posters who would do a fantastic job of being a mod and if 3 or 4 were made up at the same time it would greatly reduce their immediate responsibility - but then I guess these posters have to contact Mike and let him know they want to do the job - thats if they actually do want to do it.

NM

I think you have touched on two things....
1) Trolls out to flame the SB champs with no regard to fact, truth, or sensibility..or for that matter...courtesy in regards to not being personal unless brought up by the poster themselves
2) Steeler Fans who are a bit irritable now and on the defense when it comes to their team...

Noone said that you cant call someone out for obvious stupid or false statements....but just returning a smack with a .."youre gay"...comment, never helps.

I DO however think that there is a difference between initially calling someone an idiot... or calling someone an idiot after repeatedly trying to get them to talk facts or back up their statement... to only have them repeat nonsence about one forum member wanting to "nail" another. Case 1: you are assuming they are an idiot...Case 2: they ARE an idiot!!

BUT if the truth be told....Its a lot easier to ignore trolls when the Steelers do their own talking on Sunday.

Livinginthe past
11-13-2006, 05:42 AM
I think you have touched on two things....
1) Trolls out to flame the SB champs with no regard to fact, truth, or sensibility..or for that matter...courtesy in regards to not being personal unless brought up by the poster themselves
2) Steeler Fans who are a bit irritable now and on the defense when it comes to their team...

Noone said that you cant call someone out for obvious stupid or false statements....but just returning a smack with a .."youre gay"...comment, never helps.

I DO however think that there is a difference between initially calling someone an idiot... or calling someone an idiot after repeatedly trying to get them to talk facts or back up their statement... to only have them repeat nonsence about one forum member wanting to "nail" another. Case 1: you are assuming they are an idiot...Case 2: they ARE an idiot!!

BUT if the truth be told....Its a lot easier to ignore trolls when the Steelers do their own talking on Sunday.

I fully understand that Steeler fans may be on the defensive - they love their team.

But if you're honest, and you take a look at some of the posts that are made in the NFL forum - they are just flame bait which nearly always include reference to opposing teams fans.

It wouldnt take me very long at all to get those threads put in the BF with a few well chosen replies - because thats where they should be in the first place.

Now imagine the type of posts that I could have been making when the Steelers were sat at 2-6 - I could have devised plenty of obvious, witless threads designed solely to annoy Steleers fans.

I didn't because I enjoy posting about football and not engaging in personal vendetta's - I also know what its like to follow a team that is having a tough year.

I have been enough long running saga's on this board to know that it ruins it for everyone else.

All im saying is that the same ethics that apply in the main forum should apply across the board - and quite frankly - it doesn't.

There will be a few other snipe's, personal remarks etc but i'll just have to ignore them - if I dont then these guys have exactly what they want.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2006, 05:54 AM
I fully understand that Steeler fans may be on the defensive - they love their team.

But if you're honest, and you take a look at some of the posts that are made in the NFL forum - they are just flame bait which nearly always include reference to opposing teams fans.

It wouldnt take me very long at all to get those threads put in the BF with a few well chosen replies - because thats where they should be in the first place.

Now imagine the type of posts that I could have been making when the Steelers were sat at 2-6 - I could have devised plenty of obvious, witless threads designed solely to annoy Steleers fans.

I didn't because I enjoy posting about football and not engaging in personal vendetta's - I also know what its like to follow a team that is having a tough year.

I have been enough long running saga's on this board to know that it ruins it for everyone else.

All im saying is that the same ethics that apply in the main forum should apply across the board - and quite frankly - it doesn't.

There will be a few other snipe's, personal remarks etc but i'll just have to ignore them - if I dont then these guys have exactly what they want.
NM

Exactly..ignore them and the Trolls will generally get worse and worse until they do something stuopid enough to get banned.

BUT...I do understand anyone who stands up to blatant lies and false stats...as the BF says..."back it up"...I dont think showing a troll that they are indeed..a troll...is wrong....but when they get to the point of not contributing ANYTHING to this forum but attacks...they should be booted out faster than Bens bike.

Livinginthe past
11-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Exactly..ignore them and the Trolls will generally get worse and worse until they do something stuopid enough to get banned.

BUT...I do understand anyone who stands up to blatant lies and false stats...as the BF says..."back it up"...I dont think showing a troll that they are indeed..a troll...is wrong....but when they get to the point of not contributing ANYTHING to this forum but attacks...they should be booted out faster than Bens bike.

Agreed.

NM

Prosdo
11-13-2006, 07:54 AM
If you consider that an attack, then all I can say is wow. When I said they did a "terrible" job, I apologized for it. People have said a lot worse to me here, but as soon as you say something to them or someone in their "clique" an apology is demanded. I dont think many people here know what that word means unless they are demanding one. I told Prosdo I was sorry for my poor choice of words, if you cn't get over it, thats your problem.

You and I tallked and I wanted to see what you thought should be changed. Because the members' input is important to us. We are all good Stillers.

83-Steelers-43
11-13-2006, 08:44 AM
I have belonged to this site almost since its' inception

Congratulations.

so I have alot to say to all of you who are promoting a person who promoted herself FIRST in this very post.

Since this thread has started I've bit my tongue on a few occasions. I do have to ask though, which member promoted him or herself? Personally, I did not see one person. HTG in particular.

Wake up, get a clue~!

Now that's funny. No comment.

This is MIKE's board, MIKE decides who does what, if you do not like his decisions, leave! There are about 10 more registering as you leave.

People are simply making suggestions. When you have a "Feedback and Support" section on your board, people are going to make suggestions. It's not that they don't like the board, they are simply making suggestions. Whether you personally like them or not, that's your problem.

Prosdo (Steph) has been a Mod here since I have been here and she is damn good at it, she loves this site and is honest, fair, has diginity, character, self respect and on top of that she is one nice person. So leave her to hell alone. The hours Steph puts in, is incredibile, you may not see her here because she works the site on her clock in other words when it is convenient for her. She is in college, she works, and she takes damn good care of this site, without Stephanie all you lazy asses that come here everyday and "private message" all the MODs to get them to "shape things up" to "get rid of this person and that person" really need to get a life.

Once again, I have not seen one person insult Prosdo. I have seen a few make some suggestions to maybe help her out during our tidal wave of trolls. What's wrong with that? Once again, "Feedback and Support".

(I noticed there are over 147 posts and less than 20 of you have ever contributed a dime to this site, yet you say you care?

X already covered this well thought out comment.

You have quality MODS, leave them alone, let them do their job and you come in here and post and do what you do and enjoy this wonderful site.

And once again, I don't believe many if any are questioning the MODS. They are questioning the amount of MODS. There's a difference.

It's about damn time all of us posters here realize that no matter how old a person is or how young a person is what he/she has to offer to a message board is invaluable, it is also about damn time allof us realize that every single member of this board is important and what he/she has to say is important.

Not true. Remember? You have to pay in order to be as equally important or you had to have been a member since this boards "inception". :thmbup::yawn:

For the record, I don't give a shit who the mods are. Although it would be nice to see more of them at this point in the season. See, that's called a suggestion, not an insult towards anyone in particular (SMG or Prosdo).

Prosdo
11-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Well, we all are in agreement about more mods. So, were all good.

Stillers#1
11-13-2006, 05:24 PM
As for you getting banned...that is just a half-hearted jab at the mods for banning the troll KFAULK99 for his personal attacks ....those who were defending him are still smarting, hiding, or stirring the pot behind the scenes against percieved cliques.

If I am stirring the pot anywhere it seems to be out in the open. Prosdo PM'ed me, I don't run to the Mods.

ARKIESTEEL
11-13-2006, 06:10 PM
I am more than likely the dumbest guy on this board but I think we have lost sight of what brought us all here. I came like many of you to hang out with folks who love the Steelers not being from Pittsburgh it is a treat to talk and get to know folks from all over. I learn things from folks on here about parts of the country that I have never seen and may not ever get a chance to see. I hear from folks about tailgateing, beer drinking, who there all time favorite Steeler is and so on and thats fun. They say something on FSN Pittsburgh that I get on direct tv it goes like this "Steeler fans first" and maybe that is not the best line of thinking but maybe it is a line of thinking we are all drifting away from a little. I am no Saint I have blown up at folks on here too and for that I am sorry, but I am not sorry if I done it in the defense of a fellow Steeler fan that I felt needed defended. The mods on this board are good folks best I can tell and they do a fine job of keeping things under control, but more mods wont keep us from acting foolish it will only get the foolish act pointed out. If we are to have another mod or 2 I think Dom, HTG, LYN or LLT would be a good group to pick from. I think the mod should be a Steeler fan (Steeler fans first).

Sorry for the long post just would like to see folks all get along as the Steeler nation should

Doug Stanberry

jaysta
11-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Well, we all are in agreement about more mods. So, were all good.

Right on! But does Mike want to add any new mods? We all bring up good points, but he makes the final decision. Does anyone know how he feels about this idea? Just curious.

Prosdo
11-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Right on! But does Mike want to add any new mods? We all bring up good points, but he makes the final decision. Does anyone know how he feels about this idea? Just curious.

The staff has been looking into it.

83-Steelers-43
11-13-2006, 10:14 PM
The staff has been looking into it.

Nice to hear. I believe that's all anybody is asking for. Two MODS on a board which is growing each and every day is hard to keep up with on a daily basis.

I'm sure my suggestion or opinion does not mean jack $%#@ to those who feel members need to pay cash or need to be original members of this board in order to speak up, but I'm simply making a suggestion.

Prosdo
11-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey every member counts. You don't have to be a paying member to voice your opinion. If you have been here since the beginning or for a day you matter.

MattsMe
11-13-2006, 10:26 PM
I am more than likely the dumbest guy on this board but I think we have lost sight of what brought us all here. I came like many of you to hang out with folks who love the Steelers not being from Pittsburgh it is a treat to talk and get to know folks from all over. I learn things from folks on here about parts of the country that I have never seen and may not ever get a chance to see. I hear from folks about tailgateing, beer drinking, who there all time favorite Steeler is and so on and thats fun. They say something on FSN Pittsburgh that I get on direct tv it goes like this "Steeler fans first" and maybe that is not the best line of thinking but maybe it is a line of thinking we are all drifting away from a little. I am no Saint I have blown up at folks on here too and for that I am sorry, but I am not sorry if I done it in the defense of a fellow Steeler fan that I felt needed defended. The mods on this board are good folks best I can tell and they do a fine job of keeping things under control, but more mods wont keep us from acting foolish it will only get the foolish act pointed out. If we are to have another mod or 2 I think Dom, HTG, LYN or LLT would be a good group to pick from. I think the mod should be a Steeler fan (Steeler fans first).

Sorry for the long post just would like to see folks all get along as the Steeler nation should

Doug Stanberry

Far from it. And nice post.

floodcitygirl
11-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Far from it. And nice post.:iagree: Arkie, you're one of the best!

Preacher
11-13-2006, 11:37 PM
I gotta say I agree wholeheartedly with Arkiesteel...

I used to be able to hang out with 30-50 Steeler fans every Sunday on the East coast. I would finish church, then drive over and watch the game. Now that I am in California, that is impossible. This board is my ONLY link to Steeler fans. The ugliness kills me.

Let me provide another perspective on the mod thing...

As a pastor, I have had to allow people to say things that I would have jumped on if I wasn't a pastor. Now, I know Mods and pastors are vastly different, but when it comes to moderating debates, they are exactly the same.

When I moderate, I have to be aware that I am treating EVERYONE equal, that what I allowed last week is being allowed this week in discussion, I am DISallowing my biases to get involved, biases both about the issues AND about the people making the statements. Finally, and even harder, when I am working with a team of moderaters (staff of pastors), I have to make sure that I am making decisions that can be backed up by the other moderators, and that I don't make a decision that has contradicted another moderator. It is more difficult then one would imagine.

I say all of that to say that I know the Mods have a hard job. I doubt ANYONE is disagreeing with that. I am not sure more and more moderators will help though.

More moderators at some point becomes counter-productive because the more the moderators, the more personal opinions are introduced to the decision making process.

Maybe another system of moderation is needed? How about assigning certain threads to moderators. Threads seem to die after a few days or a couple weeks, so they will never get too many threads.

You can even use the average number of threads per moderator to count how many moderators you need.

Of course, that may also be the dumbest idea ever mentioned. I just didn't want to disagree without offering another alternative.

Thank all of you for a great place to posts and enjoy the Steelers!

jaysta
11-14-2006, 12:41 AM

I used to be able to hang out with 30-50 Steeler fans every Sunday on the East coast. I would finish church, then drive over and watch the game. Now that I am in California, that is impossible. This board is my ONLY link to Steeler fans. The ugliness kills me.

As a pastor, I have had to allow people to say things that I would have jumped on if I wasn't a pastor. Now, I know Mods and pastors are vastly different, but when it comes to moderating debates, they are exactly the same.

When I moderate, I have to be aware that I am treating EVERYONE equal, that what I allowed last week is being allowed this week in discussion, I am DISallowing my biases to get involved, biases both about the issues AND about the people making the statements. Finally, and even harder, when I am working with a team of moderaters (staff of pastors), I have to make sure that I am making decisions that can be backed up by the other moderators, and that I don't make a decision that has contradicted another moderator. It is more difficult then one would imagine.

I say all of that to say that I know the Mods have a hard job. I doubt ANYONE is disagreeing with that. I am not sure more and more moderators will help though.

More moderators at some point becomes counter-productive because the more the moderators, the more personal opinions are introduced to the decision making process.

Maybe another system of moderation is needed? How about assigning certain threads to moderators. Threads seem to die after a few days or a couple weeks, so they will never get too many threads.

You can even use the average number of threads per moderator to count how many moderators you need.

Of course, that may also be the dumbest idea ever mentioned. I just didn't want to disagree without offering another alternative.

Thank you for the insight Preacher. You seem quite knowledgeable on this subject. :thumbsup:

Preacher
11-14-2006, 01:39 AM
Thank you for the insight Preacher. You seem quite knowledgeable on this subject. :thumbsup:

Thank you...

As a pastor of a church, I am actually the official moderator of all business meetings, and run them them according to Roberts rules of order.

Like I said, it is quite different in method, but the idea of moderating is the same.

Lyn
11-14-2006, 02:23 AM

You hit the nail on the head. A MOD here is expected to look at all threads (or at least they used to be expected to do so). There is no organization in this area. A MOD should be responsible for a few forums, as well as all his/her other duties. There are 23 different forums and 2 sub forums, to effectively take care of the board, the MODS should split up the forums to check on, thus cutting their regular patroling duties in half. I do not feel more MODS are needed if the quality MODS we currently have just organize their duties, these orders would of course come from Mike. As you clearly stated, " More moderators at some point becomes counter-productive because the more the moderators, the more personal opinions are introduced to the decision making process." You are so very correct!~

Good luck to the owner and to the MODs in whatever decision is made, I do not see a problem here at all, I am sure everything will work out well.:wave:

Preacher
11-14-2006, 03:41 AM
You hit the nail on the head. A MOD here is expected to look at all threads (or at least they used to be expected to do so). There is no organization in this area. A MOD should be responsible for a few forums, as well as all his/her other duties. There are 23 different forums and 2 sub forums, to effectively take care of the board, the MODS should split up the forums to check on, thus cutting their regular patroling duties in half. I do not feel more MODS are needed if the quality MODS we currently have just organize their duties, these orders would of course come from Mike. As you clearly stated, " More moderators at some point becomes counter-productive because the more the moderators, the more personal opinions are introduced to the decision making process." You are so very correct!~

Good luck to the owner and to the MODs in whatever decision is made, I do not see a problem here at all, I am sure everything will work out well.:wave:

WOW... I am married, so I am definitely not used to hearing that!! :toofunny:

Just kidding... (I gotta good wife!) :couch:

BTW... there is one other question we need to ask as a site... do we want active or passive moderators? It seems we scream for active moderators when it is other teams fans... then passive moderators when it is us. If we want our site to be upheld as the best Steeler site... and best site for any NFL team... then we need to be careful how much we ask moderators to get involved.

SteelCityMan786
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
WOW... I am married, so I am definitely not used to hearing that!! :toofunny:

Just kidding... (I gotta good wife!) :couch:

BTW... there is one other question we need to ask as a site... do we want active or passive moderators? It seems we scream for active moderators when it is other teams fans... then passive moderators when it is us. If we want our site to be upheld as the best Steeler site... and best site for any NFL team... then we need to be careful how much we ask moderators to get involved.

I've pretty much been active since Prosdo pretty much went on a leave of abscence and came back

tony hipchest
11-14-2006, 10:32 PM
I've pretty much been active since Prosdo pretty much went on a leave of abscence and came backi think he means more figuratively active.

MJ5150
11-14-2006, 11:33 PM
It seems to me that most of the people I see posting are old enough to be able to moderate themselves better. Instead of relying on some mods to take care of problems, look inside yourself.

If you get mad, step away from the keyboard for 30 seconds. Come on, how many of you treat your spouse or children poorly, and attack them? Hopefully none. Afford the people here the same respect already!

We should not need to even have threads like this. Come on people. Would Bill accept this type of stuff? Jerome? Hines? Mr. Rooney?

-Mike

3 to be 4
11-14-2006, 11:54 PM
I think, and maybe Preacher will agree with me, that we should look to the Lord Jesus Christ for guidance in this.

*while i really do believe this, im also trying to see how many people will now launch into a personal attack in a thread called "The Personal Attack Wars Need to Stop"

Preacher
11-15-2006, 12:47 AM
I think, and maybe Preacher will agree with me, that we should look to the Lord Jesus Christ for guidance in this.

*while i really do believe this, im also trying to see how many people will now launch into a personal attack in a thread called "The Personal Attack Wars Need to Stop"

The south has an expression for that... "Your just being ugly now!" :sofunny:

I think the scripture has an answer for that... "Wise as serpents, Innocent as a lamb"

If it were a pittsburgh bible, it would be, "Wise as serpents, innoncent as a lamb, but NOT as dumb as a Bengal!... oh wait.. personal attack ... DOH

slashsteel
11-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Interesting........... I for one am a big supporter of Pros.

Sometimes people get busy. At the Reign we have what 4/5 mods I think ? ?

So if you elect to have more than two sobeit. Nothing wrong with trying to improve within.

A lot of young minded posters on this site, not that is such a bad thing. But just because your above 21 doesn't = maturity.

But just looking at what negative rep points I had I know two posters that def shouldn't get the call. One nominated himself ? Big D .....25 you maybe but your way too immature for a mod job. No offense intended it's how I see it.

And Nigel if he wasn't a Pats fan probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. But he is in fact a Pats fan. His views are slanted (at times) and has had it out with more than enough posters. Including myself. You want a mod who isn't so quick to fight about everything. Isn't that what you are trying to stay clear of ? Nigel I think you would agree you butt heads or have a fair amount of time. Saying this even then I would still vote for you, Nigel if you were a Steelers fan. As you are obviously more mature than most.

But for your mods you want a Steeler fan who is quiet and stays clear of fights. One who has had no problems on the Fever. So obviously I can't run as well.

But looking around there is a lot of good posters, just think hard who you want, as they have to have this sites best interests at hand......................

SteelCityMan786
11-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Actually we only have 2. 83, Lyn and BnG are no longer mods.

Prosdo
11-25-2006, 12:26 AM
No clue what happened to BnG. Hope he is okay.

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Only time will tell.

Tankus_Maximus
11-25-2006, 02:15 PM
hey guys..how can I tell if I have an infraction?

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2006, 02:32 PM

It will say Infractions 0/#(infractions you have) (#)=How points you have. 30 points and your banned to your points go below 30

3 to be 4
11-25-2006, 04:24 PM

you need to go to your doctor. they will take a strep test. If you have one they will prescribe an antibiotic, if not, they'll treat it as a virus and have you just drink lots of fluids and get some rest.

83-Steelers-43
11-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Over this last week or so in particular, I've learned the ignore feature is a beautiful thing. With some, it's just not worth it. Just a suggestion.

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Never hurts to use it. Even though it makes it harder for Mods to find out what junk is going on.

Preacher
11-25-2006, 06:17 PM

What kind of stupid idiot person are you that you can't tell if you have an infraction? Somebody with the IQ 50 can tell that!

I am sick and tired of unintelligent morons like you... (had you going didn't I!)

The title just begged for a post like this! I enjoy reading Tankus posts in the blast furnace, so I picked him!

On the serios side, Have a great holiday Tankus.. and all the rest of you! BTW.. I can't find out how to tell if I have an infraction either!

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Look at it now Preacher. I just issued you one.

jaysta
11-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Look at it now Preacher. I just issued you one.

Way to go Preacher...now you're one of the bad boys on here. LOL :bouncy:

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Way to go Preacher...now you're one of the bad boys on here. LOL :bouncy:

Easy Jaysta, you could be next.

floodcitygirl
11-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Easy Jaysta, you could be next.Don't believe him, Jaysta. Promises, promises....I keep trying...and he hasn't given me one yet! :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Don't believe him, Jaysta. Promises, promises....I keep trying...and he hasn't given me one yet! :sofunny:

*Adds FCG to naughty list.* :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
11-25-2006, 09:47 PM
*Adds FCG to naughty list.* :sofunny:See???!!! :yawn: LOL

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2006, 09:52 PM
You have an infraction now FCG. :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
11-25-2006, 10:18 PM
You have an infraction now FCG. :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:You keep a girl hoping, SCM! :smile:

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2006, 10:51 PM
You keep a girl hoping, SCM! :smile:

:toofunny: LOL. I just keep you hoping.

Preacher
11-26-2006, 02:01 AM
SCM ON A POWERTRIP!!! SCM ON A POWERTRIP!!!

:flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::f lap::flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::flap::fla p::flap::flap::flap::flap:

Dang you all are fun!!

Preacher
11-26-2006, 02:04 AM
What kind of stupid idiot person are you that you can't tell if you have an infraction? Somebody with the IQ 50 can tell that!

I am sick and tired of unintelligent morons like you... (had you going didn't I!)

The title just begged for a post like this! I enjoy reading Tankus posts in the blast furnace, so I picked him!

On the serios side, Have a great holiday Tankus.. and all the rest of you! BTW.. I can't find out how to tell if I have an infraction either!

ROTFL... He did issue me one too!! :angel:

Tankus_Maximus
11-26-2006, 11:57 AM

Check out Padre and his new sense of humor! :cheers:

It was rather uncharacteristic of you to hit me with "both barrels". But it's all good....I hope you and yours have/had a great holiday too!

floodcitygirl
11-26-2006, 02:32 PM
ROTFL... He did issue me one too!! :angel:Ok....now I'm jealous...even the PREACHER gets one before me???!!! :wantsome:

Big D
11-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Interesting........... I for one am a big supporter of Pros.

Sometimes people get busy. At the Reign we have what 4/5 mods I think ? ?

So if you elect to have more than two sobeit. Nothing wrong with trying to improve within.

A lot of young minded posters on this site, not that is such a bad thing. But just because your above 21 doesn't = maturity.

But just looking at what negative rep points I had I know two posters that def shouldn't get the call. One nominated himself ? Big D .....25 you maybe but your way too immature for a mod job. No offense intended it's how I see it.

And Nigel if he wasn't a Pats fan probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. But he is in fact a Pats fan. His views are slanted (at times) and has had it out with more than enough posters. Including myself. You want a mod who isn't so quick to fight about everything. Isn't that what you are trying to stay clear of ? Nigel I think you would agree you butt heads or have a fair amount of time. Saying this even then I would still vote for you, Nigel if you were a Steelers fan. As you are obviously more mature than most.

But for your mods you want a Steeler fan who is quiet and stays clear of fights. One who has had no problems on the Fever. So obviously I can't run as well.

But looking around there is a lot of good posters, just think hard who you want, as they have to have this sites best interests at hand......................

dont talk to me about maturity. You still have issues over what happen this past summer. I have ignored several of your posts throwing thing at my face. I've had enough.

Prosdo
11-26-2006, 06:51 PM
You know I think I am just going to lock this thread up.