PDA

View Full Version : THE DIFFERENCE THIS YEAR 2 LAST YEAR?

Elvis
11-11-2006, 03:37 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
:banana: :wave: :chicken: :banging: :thumbsup: :tt02: :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-11-2006, 03:50 PM
That and we don't have The Bus.His leadership is really needed right now.

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Turnovers is right.

iloveben7
11-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Turnovers and no Randle El

Prosdo
11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Randle El wanted way to much money. I love the guy, but sheesh he wasn't worth that amount he got.

Elvis
11-12-2006, 08:53 AM
I agree.. and Randel El is not the reason that our season is going this way... that is a joke...:banana: :tt02: :helmet:

HometownGal
11-12-2006, 09:33 AM
I believe turnovers play a huge role in our dismal season thus far, but, as much as I hate to say this - I think big head syndrome may have infected some of our guys. A pinch of stubbornness on Ben's part can be added to the mix, as well.

greenparrot
11-12-2006, 09:43 AM
TOO much passing.....reduced running game/no Bettis. This has inevitably increased the sacks & interceptions.

Mosca
11-12-2006, 10:01 AM
TOO much passing.....reduced running game/no Bettis. This has inevitably increased the sacks & interceptions.

Winning teams have a good running game from getting ahead and then pounding the ball. Losing teams have lots of passing yards from trying to make up a deficit before time runs out. It's a symptom, not a cause.

Tom

stillers4me
11-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers!!

And I really think the one player that was the biggest loss was the Bus. Not on the field, but in the locker room. Not only was he a great leader, but they were determined to get him a ring before he left.........that's why he stayed one more year. He believed in Ben and the team could rally for the cause.

I thought that they would rally for their coach this year.........that they wouldn't let him go out with only one ring..........I was wrong. I also think that Ben's accident stalled the momentum for this year. I think Ben thought he could snap right back like he did after the knee surgery last year and it wasn't to be. (foolish boy......I still love ya, though!)

I do have a real good feeling about next year. A full years recovery for Ben and the humiliation of this season and what went wrong will drive them to new levels. I believe.

Infamix
11-12-2006, 10:17 AM
For every turnover today, I take one more shot. Looks like I will be tiiipsy today people

floodcitygirl
11-12-2006, 10:28 AM
For every turnover today, I take one more shot. Looks like I will be tiiipsy today peopleHEY!!! Personally, I hope you're stone-cold sober! :tt02:

Infamix
11-12-2006, 10:41 AM
HEY!!! Personally, I hope you're stone-cold sober! :tt02:

me too...here's to me not getting drunk today :cheers:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2006, 10:50 AM
I think that Cowher put a bit of the "Better Get Serious" into the defense this week..especially the secondary...and I think he did this purposely to bring them together as a unit....so I have every inclination to believe you may see a difference there.

I think this was the thought process behind pulling Holmes out last week and then stroking him all week long ...He is trying to tell the rookie..."Look...I have faith in you..but I have people who can do that job if you cant focus".

As for Ben....I think if the D can hold the Saints back and let us get the lead...Ben will be okay...the 400+ game last week has to go a loooong way towards making him believe in himself again. I still have some doubts if Ben truly trusts any of his WR's outside of Ward..and any hesitation on his part towards Wilson..Washington..Holmes..is going to result in dropped balls and interceptions

We are not that far away..one of Denvers players said that they thought Pittsburgh may be the best 2-6 team that he has ever seen...and he wasnt saying that as a slam.

Elvis
11-12-2006, 11:24 AM
:tt02: :helmet: :jammin:
Steelers need a BIG GAME from Willie Parker today because I dont think the changes on defense is gonna make that big of a difference in our secondary...

Elvis
11-12-2006, 08:57 PM
:tt02: :tt02:
Another game that our defensive secondary was lit up. Now, I know we lost Troy and Ike but we must be real and we must do something in the offseason to upgrade our secondary. Good win and hope that more follow this one..:helmet: :tt02:

stillers4me
11-12-2006, 09:05 PM
I guess nobody got sh$t faced today!! :tt02: