PDA

View Full Version : Are the Steelers' play-off dreams over?

iloveben7
11-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Are the Steelers going to win the Superbowl?

BlacknGold76
11-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I add my yes vote with the caveat that alot has to turn around and go the Steelers way before the end of the season like winning more than 2 games. Mentality they have to be alot sharper than they have been because the talent is already there minus a few key players from last years Superbowl team. They have to also start playing with the heart of the Champion that I know that they have. Its a matter of just finding it.:helmet:

boLT fan
11-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I think the Steelers have as good as chance as the Raiders.

Sorry guys

PisnNapalm
11-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Only one 2-6 team has made the playoffs in the last 34 years. I think it was 34....

Sure I would love another "storybook" kind of ending for this season, but be realistic.

I hate being realistic.... damn. this sux.

Elvis
11-12-2006, 08:14 AM
:tt02:
AS MUCH AS IT HURTS AND BREAKS MY HEART
I HAD TO VOTE .... NO:jawdrop:

HometownGal
11-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Do I think at this point it is "possible"? Yes - anything is possible in the NFL. Do I think it is "probable"? Realistically speaking - No. That doesn't mean I'm not going to keep cheering them on and hoping they can make this season respectable, at least. :tt02:

Infamix
11-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Do I think at this point it is "possible"? Yes - anything is possible in the NFL. Do I think it is "probable"? Realistically speaking - No. That doesn't mean I'm not going to keep cheering them on and hoping they can make this season respectable, at least. :tt02:

That is my mind set as well.

Elvis
11-12-2006, 09:40 AM
:tt02: Good points ladies... I love our Black N Gold but I am afraid that this season is pretty much a loss.. If we can stop the turnovers we have one of the top 3 or 4 teams in this league.. with the turnovers we compare to the Brownies....:jawdrop: :banana: :chicken:

Seth88101
11-12-2006, 10:46 AM
two of the three 10-6 teams last year made the Post Season. Let's win out!!! I vote YES!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2006, 10:52 AM
two of the three 10-6 teams last year made the Post Season. Let's win out!!! I vote YES!

I'm with HTG...possible -yes.......probable-no....I think we are probably looking at 8-8 or 7-9 this season

MACH1
11-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I like to belive they can but I dont think so.:crying02:

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2006, 11:44 AM
They're playoff dreams live on.

BigDuke6
11-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Nope !!!! Good pick coming up in the draft tho.

momper
11-12-2006, 01:00 PM
The ravens are getting spanked by the titans :)

still alive.....

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I say yes.....Remember we have only played ONE divisional game........What happens if we beat the ravens twice, the bengals once and the browns twice??
Our divisional record would be 5-1...And we would win our division earning us a spot in the playoffs.......

yes? or no?

Stlrs4Life
11-12-2006, 05:45 PM
I answred the poll the wrong way. Teaches me a lesson read the entire thread before answering!

steelpinstripe72
11-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I say yes.....Remember we have only played ONE divisional game........What happens if we beat the ravens twice, the bengals once and the browns twice??
Our divisional record would be 5-1...And we would win our division earning us a spot in the playoffs.......

yes? or no?

Cincy and Baltimore would have to implode. It's the overall record that counts; the division record is a tiebreaker.

PalmerSteel
11-12-2006, 06:50 PM
i voted no. today was a great win and all, but our D is not that good and it is going to get worse after today with the injuries. watching them today with the backs against a wall as far as you can be backed against a wall, and we win a nailbiter at home and the other team had 3 turnover to our NONE. happy with the win of course, but not impressed.

blackngoldbaby
11-12-2006, 06:59 PM

yes? or no?

I was thinking the same thing too.thats why i voted yes we are still alive

Elvis
11-12-2006, 07:35 PM
:tt02: :helmet:
I voted No and today is just one win.. remember the Chiefs game? how good we looked? We have Cleveland next and the Baltimore both away games.. it will be a couple tough games so, buckle up and we will see what happens.. right now, we must be what alot of people in this forrum believes to be our Biggest Rival... Cleveland Browns... I cant wait to see them Brownie fans in our forrum this week...:helmet: :coffee:

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Cincy and Baltimore would have to implode. It's the overall record that counts; the division record is a tiebreaker.

Baltimore will not be caught but Cincy officially has imploded after blowing 21-0 and 28-7 leads at home today. Even Collinsworth says they are done.

t-sizzlez
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
it all comes down to who is good at the right time..... i say yes... but we have to win out:tt02:

HometownGal
11-12-2006, 08:14 PM

Your statement is coming very close to ringing true, pride. :smile: The Bungles are in the middle of their implosion and the Rats came within a blocked FG of being beaten by Vince Young and the Titans. :sofunny: The AFCN might just go down to the wire if the Steelers can keep putting those "W"'s up. :banana:

jaysta
11-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Baltimore will not be caught but Cincy officially has imploded after blowing 21-0 and 28-7 leads at home today. Even Collinsworth says they are done.

Well if Collinsworth says their done, then they're officially done. LOL I'm not sure if they impoded yet (they scored quite a few points today), but let's just hope they keep losing.

steelcurtain09
11-12-2006, 09:47 PM
cincy is doin its fair share of imploding and baldmore almost lost to the titans, something the teams in this state seem to like to do

james203
11-13-2006, 02:05 AM
balt is 7-2,cincy is 4-5 & pitts & clev are 3-6.pitts has a chance.they are 1 game behind cincy & they play cincy again.they are 4 games behind balt & they have 2 games to play against them.so lets just hope they continue to win & balt & cincy lose.balt got lucky today just as they have in a few games this season.pitts has 2 games to play against the clowns.ill hope for the best.drew brees threw for 398 yards against the steelers today.thank goodness for the turnovers.

Preacher
11-13-2006, 02:23 AM
It will be tough, and we need a LOT of help from the Ravens (PLEASE lose 3 games, then both to us!)

Do we have a chance? Yep. Is it a decent chance? NOPE!