PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Saints Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

shevdog
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
We gave up too many points, yet still came off with a great performance.

The key is no turnovers.

Saintsfan72
11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
I want to congradulate you guys today. You played a hell of a game and deserve to win. Best of luck to you the rest of the year.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I want to congradulate you guys today. You played a hell of a game and deserve to win. Best of luck to you the rest of the year.Same to you!:tt02:

stillers4me
11-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Willie is da man!!! Great to see Ben thinking clearer (no interceptions!!!!!!!!!!).......great to see only one fumble and we recovered it!! Great to see us actually score on their mistakes. Even if the refs are blind as bats at least enough went our way today to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it was GREAT to see the Steeler fans celebrating after the game!!! YeeeeeHawwwwwww!

MyCuz64Furness
11-12-2006, 08:48 PM
I want to congradulate you guys today. You played a hell of a game and deserve to win. Best of luck to you the rest of the year.

Thank you for having some class.........unlike some of your counterparts we had to put up with tonight:thumbsup:

Mewtwo
11-12-2006, 09:17 PM

The key is no turnovers.

Quoted for ****ing emphasis.

No-INT Ben + not losing a crapload of fumbles = us winning.

HometownGal
11-12-2006, 09:21 PM

Thank you so much and the best of luck to the Saints in the coming weeks. They have made so much forward progress this season and they are definitely on their way to being a force to be reckoned with in the NFC. :thumbsup:

What a great game, eh? Despite having two of our defensive starters injured, we still managed to hold off the Saints and get the job done. Great performance by Wills and Ben was definitely on his game today. I had to admit, though - they had me a bit scared there for a quarter, but they battled back in true Pittsburgh Steelers style! :tt02:

P.S. Since Cowher can't come right out and say it, and Dan Rooney more than likely doesn't want his wallet hit again by the NFL, I'll be more than happy to say it for them.....

THOSE REFS SUCKED.

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2006, 09:26 PM

The key is no turnovers.

We got about 3 balls taken from the Saints today. We turned 2 into 14 points.

shevdog
11-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Like I told serveral of my Steelers fan friends, take away half the turnovers we gave up this year and we have a winning record and are a serious playoff contender.

I'm hoping that the rest of the season we can regain the identity as a team that is on the right side of the turnover ratio.

Elvis
11-13-2006, 06:37 AM
:tt02: :coffee:
I am very suprised that Willie got caught on one of those, but both? Its crazy but its true honey... I knew Parker had to have a huge game for us to win and the non turn overs helped our team NO DOUBT!!!:helmet:

ARKIESTEEL
11-13-2006, 07:05 AM
I almost died when Holmes came out to cover punts....sorry to you fans of him but he scares me

SteelerFanInCA
11-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I was feeling the same way when I saw Holmes running out there to cover punts. :dang:

floodcitygirl
11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I almost died when Holmes came out to cover punts....sorry to you fans of him but he scares meDon't feel bad, Arkie. When I first saw that, I held my breath and couldn't watch the screen till it was over! :sofunny:

SteelersWoman
11-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Santonio is (depending on the circumstances usually) good to great at the job he was hired to do. WR is his "thing"--not KR or PR.

HometownGal
11-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Davenport appears to be a decent temporary fix to the return problem. Hope Willie Reid is back soon - that's why we drafted the kid in the first place. :thumbsup:

REEFKEEPA
11-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Good luck the rest of the way Steeler fans. You have to admit that the Saints look better than they have since the 80's. The turnovers killed the Saints just like they have been killing the Steelers.

touchdownward
11-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Good luck the rest of the way Steeler fans. You have to admit that the Saints look better than they have since the 80's. The turnovers killed the Saints just like they have been killing the Steelers.
Thanks REEF, good luck to the Saints too.
Without those turnovers, you guys win that one. We could not stop the Brees/Colston connection, that kid is a stud

Preacher
11-14-2006, 04:47 AM
Thanks REEF, good luck to the Saints too.
Without those turnovers, you guys win that one. We could not stop the Brees/Colston connection, that kid is a stud

Just made some changes and was wanting to see what they looked like. :wink02:

However, thanks to the Saints fans that cared enough to come and mix it up with some class!!

Now if we can just win.

Wow.. I like the changes... I went to WYSIWIG

Sorry all... That is why i chose this thread, I figured it was about over.