PDA

View Full Version : It's all coming to us.

Jeremy
11-12-2006, 03:40 PM
The AFC cannot shape up any better right now.

The Bengals drop to 4-5.
KC drops to 5-4.
NE and Jax both drop games today.

Come on boys, hope is not dead!!

The JoKeR
11-12-2006, 06:59 PM
While there is a small glimmer of hope, I'm just hoping the Steelers emerge at 8-8 or better. The defense today didn't play up to par (troy and deshea were out). If the defense can play they they have the previous 8 games, and the offense keeps clicking we may have a chance. Alot of divisional games still up ahead too so that will help in any tie breakers.

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2006, 07:07 PM
If the Ravens would have lost today hope would be glimmering faintly but that Ravens win (another last minute victory on the blocked FG) makes it hard to see how to make up 4 games with 7 to play. Losing to the Jags, Chargers, and Broncos screws up any wildcard possibility.

Steelers have had their chances - today was fun to watch but blowing a 14-0 lead and giving up the TD at the end of the half established it was the turn of the D to play horribly today.

Just too much inconsistency.

jaysta
11-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Steelers have a shot at it. Although it doesn't look great for us, look at last season. Anything is possible. :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Anything can happen. I definantly AGREE!

Justin Otstott
11-13-2006, 05:11 AM
I Belive!!!! Im gonna start wearin that shirt again!

The JoKeR
11-13-2006, 08:20 AM
If the Ravens would have lost today hope would be glimmering faintly but that Ravens win (another last minute victory on the blocked FG) makes it hard to see how to make up 4 games with 7 to play. Losing to the Jags, Chargers, and Broncos screws up any wildcard possibility.

Steelers have had their chances - today was fun to watch but blowing a 14-0 lead and giving up the TD at the end of the half established it was the turn of the D to play horribly today.

The division is all but gone from the Steelers, but the wild card is still a possibility. That's why those teams losing yesterday were listed.

Hines0wnz
11-13-2006, 10:48 PM
They'd have a better chance if they were in the NFC.

Preacher
11-14-2006, 03:15 AM
I keeping finding posts... and keeping saying it is a longshot...

But let me take you back in history... to the

SEATTLE MARINERS-1995

That year, the Mariners were 13 games out of first in mid-august... which for anyone who knows baseball... Is WAY OUT. however, they came back and won out the West.

So is it possible? Yep. Can the other teams self-implode? Yep. Is it a longshot? Yep. But as I have posted before, for longshots.. I will take the Steelers over any other team.

Atlanta Dan
11-14-2006, 02:36 PM
The only way to make the playoffs is to win the division (Chargers/Broncos division loser gets one of the wildcards and Jags need to finish no better than 9-7 sionce they have the wildcard tiebreaker with the Steelers).

To make up 4 games on Baltimore we need to win out, which includes beating Baltimore twice, have the Bengals beat the Ravens in Cincy, and have the Ravens lose one of these 4 games.

Falcons
at Chiefs
Browns
Bills

If the Steelers go 6-1, the Ravens need to lose 2 of those 4 games

Ain't happening

SteelerFanInCA
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM

I still think either KC or Atlanta will take down Baltimore. That just leaves us and cincy to take care of the ratbirds.

tony hipchest
11-14-2006, 08:01 PM
I still think either KC or Atlanta will take down Baltimore. That just leaves us and cincy to take care of the ratbirds. that leaves us with 5 teams to take care of (2 of them twice) plus asking the bungles for help.

after managing 3 wins in the 1st 9 games im not holding my breath. a 9-7 season would be nice though.

Hawk Believer
11-14-2006, 08:23 PM
I keeping finding posts... and keeping saying it is a longshot...

But let me take you back in history... to the

SEATTLE MARINERS-1995

That year, the Mariners were 13 games out of first in mid-august... which for anyone who knows baseball... Is WAY OUT. however, they came back and won out the West.

So is it possible? Yep. Can the other teams self-implode? Yep. Is it a longshot? Yep. But as I have posted before, for longshots.. I will take the Steelers over any other team.

That was an amazing ride. If something like that is in your destiny, I am envious.

stillers4me
11-14-2006, 10:10 PM
The Bungal fans here have all given up and they have one game on us. I told them that if they weren't interested in the wildcard slot, we would gladly take it. It seemed to work out well for us last year!

Tankus_Maximus
11-14-2006, 10:16 PM
I BELIEVE!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!

3 to be 4
11-14-2006, 10:58 PM
The AFC cannot shape up any better right now.

The Bengals drop to 4-5.
KC drops to 5-4.
NE and Jax both drop games today.

Come on boys, hope is not dead!!

R U Outtcho Mind?!?!?!?!:banging:

Preacher
11-15-2006, 12:53 AM
That was an amazing ride. If something like that is in your destiny, I am envious.

Sure was, I was in Portland Oregon at the time and remember the entire northwest was GLUED to thier TV watching it. You coulda robbed every store from Seattle to coeur d' alene, Bellingham to Eugene, and NO ONE would have noticed.

And yeah.. if that is our destiny... to win like that... WOW..

I have also mentioned the Bungles destiny here... robbing stores!!

Infamix
11-15-2006, 09:08 AM
I still hold hope...but I dont want SteelerNation and myself to feel extremely dissapointed if we don't make it. Just assume that we are out of the race, but take it one game at a time as well. That's how the Steelers should approach the rest of this season. We are all spoiled from last year's amazing run, but last year was last year. This year, the hole is much bigger.