PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans got OWN3D

Big D
11-12-2006, 05:46 PM
where you at now aints fans????

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
kfed99 was banned. im sure all our other visitors are watching the game (which isnt over at this point)

this IS their superbowl.

Big D
11-12-2006, 06:28 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE SAINTS FANS NOW BITCHES!!!

Stillers#1
11-12-2006, 06:49 PM
KFaulk got banned? Are you kidding me? Yet another joke of a job done by the mods. Although NO did get owned, Thank God!!!

stillers4me
11-12-2006, 07:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/sign07.gif

floodcitygirl
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
:rofl: That's all I'll say! :rofl:

Mosca
11-12-2006, 07:54 PM
KFaulk got banned? Are you kidding me? Yet another joke of a job done by the mods. Although NO did get owned, Thank God!!!

Some trolls do like to hide behind a facade of respectability. That persona had many opportunities to defuse the bile and rejected them all. Trolls enjoy the fight, not the result. You and I both gave him many openings to friendship, all of which were ignored in favor of the fight. A trollnet is not interested in WHAT gets posted, it is only interested in how many replies it gets. Therefore, regardless of the fact that we extended a branch of friendship, we were trolled too.

Tom

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2006, 07:59 PM

WHOA WHOA WHOA BACK IT UP! We made the right choice banning him. Kfaulk was on pretty much everyone's nerves, so we decided it was time to ban him.

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 10:07 PM
kfed99 was a self admitted troll. dont mourn his departure. he wasnt gonna be back anyways and can be found on a cinci board near you for atleast a week (posting the same cribbed post).

Big D
11-13-2006, 06:32 AM
WHOA WHOA WHOA BACK IT UP! We made the right choice banning him. Kfaulk was on pretty much everyone's nerves, so we decided it was time to ban him.

I couldnt agree more with you. He didnt get banned for being a fan of another team he got banned for numerous personal attacks to some of our greatest memebers on this forum. I think if stillers has such a problem in this forum it's time to leave

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2006, 06:43 AM

If that assclown didnt deserve to be banned ... NOONE should be banned...he talked about peoples personal lives and if anyone came to their rescue he incinuated that they were wanting to "nail" the other person....GOOD JOB BY THE MODS!!!:thumbsup:

floodcitygirl
11-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Kfaulk didn't get banned because he is a fan from another team, because the Steelers are having a rough season, because of his first post, because he talked smack, because there is a "clique", or because people are too thin-skinned.

He SHOULD have been banned because he proved himself to be a troll that crossed the line when he made inappropriate comments about people's personal lives. He then sunk to the depths of a personal attack when he brought in someone's children and questioned how they were being parented. That type of BS has no place on any BB. How anyone could find that behavior defensible, I have no idea. It deserved nothing less than what it got. Thanks to the mods.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2006, 01:23 PM
....Yet another joke of a job done by the mods.....

What crap.....there was a clique involved....and now we no who they are:dang:...and that they like to sir the pot!!!

Mosca
11-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Who cares if there's a "clique". It's an internet forum, ferchrissakes. If there is a group of people here who enjoy writing back and forth with each other more than they do with others, that's great. More friends = better. I've found some people here who I would definitely like to meet in person. It's all good.

Thdere is a fascinating article on internet forums by a man named Clay Shirky, who does research on group behavior. You can read it here:

Shirky on Groups (http://www.shirky.com/writings/group_enemy.html)

Some of it is about group dynamics, some of it is about how the layout of the forum influences the group behavior. All of it is fascinating and you can watch it play out on the forums constantly.

Tom

Livinginthe past
11-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Thats a very interesting article, Tom.

Geoff Cohen has a great observation about this. He said "The likelihood that any unmoderated group will eventually get into a flame-war about whether or not to have a moderator approaches one as time increases." As a group commits to its existence as a group, and begins to think that the group is good or important, the chance that they will begin to call for additional structure, in order to defend themselves from themselves, gets very, very high.

This quote was especially accurate of just about every forum I have posted on/ viewed - patfans.com / indystar and finally here.

When you begin to value what this forum brings then you want a structure in place to protect it.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Who cares if there's a "clique". It's an internet forum, ferchrissakes. If there is a group of people here who enjoy writing back and forth with each other more than they do with others, that's great. More friends = better. I've found some people here who I would definitely like to meet in person. It's all good.

Thdere is a fascinating article on internet forums by a man named Clay Shirky, who does research on group behavior. You can read it here:

Some of it is about group dynamics, some of it is about how the layout of the forum influences the group behavior. All of it is fascinating and you can watch it play out on the forums constantly.

Tom

I'm the first to admit that there is a group of people on here that I enjoy interacting with on a regualar basis....The problem however is that a small "group of people" are causing problems in the forum and then turning around and trying to place forum problem blame on any other "group of people" who dares to call them out of it...But its all good now...the majority of pwople know what was going on and they have went (mainly) into hiding.

Now maybe we can get back to having that family atmosphere that we have had before...:thumbsup:

Mosca
11-13-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm the first to admit that there is a group of people on here that I enjoy interacting with on a regualar basis....The problem however is that a small "group of people" are causing problems in the forum and then turning around and trying to place forum problem blame on any other "group of people" who dares to call them out of it...But its all good now...the majority of pwople know what was going on and they have went (mainly) into hiding.

Now maybe we can get back to having that family atmosphere that we have had before...:thumbsup:

Yeah, but you know what; it doesn't matter. Sure there are going to be folks that like each other more. Sure there are going to be people who are cantankerous and hard to get along with... and other people who find them easy as pie to like. Accepting that as human nature is the key to getting along. There's no need for anyone to go into hiding; it's normal to disagree. There are people on the Steelers who don't get along. They deal with it and go out and win.

We have a wide range of ages and experiences here, we have a wide range of demographics, and we have a pretty fair mix of men and women. It's only natural that the face we present to the rest of the world is fractured and varied. It's because WE are. It would be unrealistic to expect otherwise; you can't insist on a monolith without alienating the 90% of the people who are different.

One part of that article that I found interesting is

A pattern will arise in which there is some group of users that cares more than average about the integrity and success of the group as a whole. And that becomes your core group, Art Kleiner's phrase for "the group within the group that matters most."

I've seen this time and time again. I've seen it where the core group becomes so adamant about what it expects from the group that it leaves and forms a smaller splinter group; last year a group split off of Roadfood (http://www.roadfood.com) and formed Roguefood (http://www.roguefood.com). It happens because some people care more than others. It's neither good nor bad; it's a fact of social groups, they hit a critical mass and split apart. Forums are a little different because of their abillity to handle many users, so what decides the split isn't the actual number of members like it is IRL, but how much people care.

this is a lot of thread drift. Sorry New Orleand did get P0WN3D, though.

Tom

klick81
11-13-2006, 07:19 PM
LOL...funny how real life is reflected in the internet. It could be that i'm just hardheaded, but i didn't get the sense of there being "cliques" in here. Maybe i'm just not on here as much as others.

augustashark
11-13-2006, 10:48 PM

Tom

Hope I would be one of those people, Buddy.:cheers:

Just playing.

Mosca
11-14-2006, 07:00 AM
Hope I would be one of those people, Buddy.:cheers:

Just playing.

Shark, I genuinely enjoy your presence here. I have no doubt we'd get along famously!

Tom

augustashark
11-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Shark, I genuinely enjoy your presence here. I have no doubt we'd get along famously!

Tom

Thanks buddy. I do agree. Though I think there would be alot of "let's agree to disagree".:wave:

Preacher
11-15-2006, 03:03 AM
NEW ORLEANS GOT OWNED!!

(Sorry, just getting back on topic! :sofunny:)

And yeah, anyone that posts negative stuff about another's family, should be booted, immediately. This is a football forum, not a, "troll's advice on child rearing" site.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2006, 12:59 PM
NEW ORLEANS GOT OWNED!![/CENTER]
(Sorry, just getting back on topic! :sofunny:)

And yeah, anyone that posts negative stuff about another's family, should be booted, immediately. This is a football forum, not a, "troll's advice on child rearing" site.

:thumbsup: