PDA

View Full Version : FAST WILLIE EMERGING AS A LEADER

Stillers43
11-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Willie backed up his comments this week on the field with his two long runs today. He is emerging as a leader on this team. Maybe his comments is a wake up call this team needed, even though he should've kept them in house. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!! Let's finish this game off and let's start a new streak!
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Livinginthe past
11-12-2006, 06:34 PM
That was a hell of an effort by Willie today - he's been good all season but he made the key momentum changing plays today.

I thought Ben had a good game today also.

Maybe this is the beginning of the long road back to the playoffs for the Steelers?

Who knows?

NM

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 06:35 PM
im sure that bengal and partiot fans will still insist he is a "flash in the pan" cause he only gets his yards on long runs.

but willie still proved to be the answer today.

willie is the 1st player with 2 70+ td runs in a game since 1997 (barry sanders)

tony hipchest
11-12-2006, 06:38 PM
That was a hell of an effort by Willie today - he's been good all season but he made the key momentum changing plays today.

I thought Ben had a good game today also.

Maybe this is the beginning of the long road back to the playoffs for the Steelers?

Who knows?

NM:jawdrop:

kudos for giving credit where credit is due, (even though it contradicts previous litp statements)

(i dont think 10-6 makes the playoffs in the afc, without winning the division of course.- you never know though)

Stillers43
11-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Ben played good today too! The entire O looked good. The D needs to tackle better and step it up on 3rd down. Let's go Clown killing next week!

Livinginthe past
11-12-2006, 06:43 PM
:jawdrop:

kudos for giving credit where credit is due, (even though it contradicts previous litp statements)

I believed those statements to be true at the time I made them.

I have been very impressed with Willie all this year pretty much - I like his understated, business-like way he has on the football field - he doesnt seem to go over board with choreographed celebrations.

Its a bit like my opinion of Cowher, I downgraded him in the past becasue he couldnt win the big one - then he went and done it - so credit is earned and given.

I missed the 2nd big run, but Willie used great vision to see that gap opening for a split second at the beginning of the 1st 70 yarder - we hear plenty about how fast he is, but his ability see the hole and hammer through it is underrated.

NM

touchdownward
11-12-2006, 06:56 PM
I hope we beat the clowns next weekend, but they looked pretty decent today in their win against the falcons. We have to bring our A game every game.

blackngoldbaby
11-12-2006, 07:08 PM
willie played really great!!!but something we really need to work on is our pass defense it looked pretty bad tonight.but still really good game!!!

NV STEELERS 723
11-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Well we did lose Polamua and Townsend in the D....hopefully not next week though.

blackngoldbaby
11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Well we did lose Polamua and Townsend in the D....hopefully not next week though.

yeah i think troy ought to be back by next week but i dunno about deshea though hopefully theyll both be back in full strength next week.

Elvis
11-12-2006, 07:21 PM
:tt02: our pass defense has pretty much stunk all year and when a team has a good passing game we struggle against them. Da Bengals always have big games and we made Vick look like a All Pro a few weeks ago..:helmet: :cheer:

Indy_Steelers
11-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Willie backed up his comments this week on the field with his two long runs today. He is emerging as a leader on this team. Maybe his comments is a wake up call this team needed, even though he should've kept them in house. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!! Let's finish this game off and let's start a new streak:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

:iagree:

jaysta
11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
im sure that bengal and partiot fans will still insist he is a "flash in the pan" cause he only gets his yards on long runs.

but willie still proved to be the answer today.

willie is the 1st player with 2 70+ td runs in a game since 1997 (barry sanders)

They can think it all they want THC, Willie is the real deal. I'll be the first to admit that at the start of the season I wasn't sure that he could carry the load every game....but man can he carry the load! Glad he's wearing Black and Gold! Run Willie Run!!!! :tt02:

MJ5150
11-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Props to Willie. When I sat down to watch the game with my Steeler "brother", I told him Willie better step up after what he said this week!

WAY TO GO WILLIE!!!!!!! WAY TO FREAKIN' GO MY MAN!!!

Sorry for the caps, I had to let out four weeks of frustration. :tt02:

-Mike