PDA

View Full Version : Porter - Slump Or Down & Out?

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Obvioulsy glad to see a win, but sad to see another low key appearance by Porter. He still talks the talk (and apparently talks too much for some folks if the $15K fine and #73 from the Saints teeing off on him on the personal foul is any indication) but as a pass rush factor he has disappared.

It may be LeBeau's schemes are being figured out, but for whatever reason the pass rush has disappeared and Peezey is not intimidating anyone these days.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-12-2006, 06:50 PM
I think its a mixure of LeBeau's schemes and Porters play. The Steelers pass rush has completely disappeared as a team. But Joey isn't the same player thats for sure. I hope James Harrison is back soon. It would nice to get some fresh blood in there.

PalmerSteel
11-12-2006, 06:52 PM
*delete porter and insert *steelers defense* on title

Livinginthe past
11-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Porter has been MIA for some time now - unfortunately he is one of those guys who finds the need to be a full time circus - even when he isn't performing.

I'd liken him to the anti-Hines Ward who goes about his work with little fuss - and alot of it is unnoticed - a huge block for the 1st Willie TD.

Still, there will always be a team willing to pay the big bucks for a big name - that team will probably be the Redskins.

NM

MJ5150
11-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I thought Porter made some good plays today. He hasn't been the pass rushing menace we all remember, but with Troy and DeShea out of the game, we couldn't afford to send Joey after Brees on every play.

-Mike

Stlrs4Life
11-12-2006, 08:58 PM
See ya Joey, go steal a paycheck of some other team next year. Some fool is going to pay him the money too, watch and see.